Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Springlight
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by isla
Today 03:17 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Cinderspirit
Today 03:14 PM
ThunderClan Leader's Den
by dino.
Last post by dino.
Today 03:14 PM
The Ash comes back at Dusk
Last post by Bluest+r~
Today 03:12 PM
Cmon! Let's get to spying!...
Last post by PINTO BEAN
Today 03:09 PM

Old Yesterday, 01:08 AM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Distracted

Default Re: swimming paws [swimming lesson opportunity - rc apprentices only ]

Jaggedpaw
[ He/Him - Riverclan App -
Purrks: None ]

The tom followed behind everyone, his nerves flaring up like they had on that patrol. What happens if he drowned? He just got here. His body shook as he moved further and further out. He sat down with everyone as Fadingstar explained swimming. After hearing him say there were cats to keep them safe he relaxed. He trusted the older cat. If he said they were safe then they were safe.

He heard the words that they could get into the water he didn't hesitate. It was going to be nice and refreshing. Stepping in it was just that. He felt comfortable in the water. Maybe he would be just fine. Jaggedpaw moved forward, his body went with the motions. Once he went out as far as he was told he turned around and repeated that a couple times.

Marigoldpaw(leap) is my main character and is currently a Shadowclan Apprentice if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for. If you do just mention me in a post no need to ask and I'll reply whenever I can. Also if its a plot vm me what it is, so I'm not confused.

Old Today, 02:09 AM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Distracted

Event [#event]

Moonpaw and Grimpaw were the first in the water; while Fadingstar appreciated their enthusiasm, the pair just stood around chatting instead of repeating the skill he'd shown. Sighing, he tersely called, "Moonpaw, Grimpaw! We're here to train, not to chat. There will be plenty of time to do that later. For now, I want you following along and practicing the skills being taught."

Rainingpaw seemed to take to the new skill like a natural RiverClan cat, while Marigoldpaw struggled more. The leader kept a close eye on her; she seemed very nervous, so he was ready to step in if need be. He wanted to give her a chance to find her own confidence, however; it was an important part of growing into a skilled swimmer.

He smiled softly as she slowly grew smoother in her movements over time, until she was repeating the skill he'd taught well for a beginner. It was still stiff and choppy, but that was to be expected with any new swimmer. She was doing just fine.

Sneezepaw and Covepaw were in a similar position as Moonpaw and Grimpaw, just standing around instead of working on skill he'd taught. Stars, did these apprentices think they'd learn just by standing there?

"Sneezepaw and Covepaw, let's get practicing please!" he instructed, tone tight. If these 'paws didn't want to participate, then he'd have no choice but to not count this for their training.

Tulippaw and Jaggedpaw followed along with his instructions, doing a good job. Well, at least around half of the apprentices were doing what they were supposed to; that was better than none of them.

Once he'd given enough time for everyone to practice, he decided to move on to the next skill. "Okay! Now that you've learned how to swim back and forth, it's time to learn how to turn. Putting your paws on the riverbed and turning that way is great and all, but it's a slow, inefficient way to do it. Plus, if you can't touch the bottom with your paws, you won't be able to turn that way."

He began swimming again, trying to stay as visible as possible for the 'paws. "When you want to turn, you're going to use your tail to steer. Your tail will allow you to make small turns; making sudden and rapid turns is a more advanced skill that requires you to move your whole body in a certain way. For now, let's just practice using our tails."

Fadingstar demonstrated how to turn slightly to the left and then to the right with his tail. "By sweeping your tail through the water to your left, it'll turn you right. By sweeping your tail to your right, it'll turn you left. It's a little confusing at first, but just remember that you need to sweep your tail through the water in the opposite direction you want to go. Practice now; see how many small turns you can make in both directions by using just your tail."

[ A gentle reminder that your cat needs to actually practice the skills being taught for this to count as a swimming lesson

Next post will be in a few days! ]

Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old Today, 02:19 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Moonpaw basically fully submerged herself for a few seconds and came out absolutely soggy before she started. A tactic she had seen on other creatures that could swim. Grimpaw was already swimming as fast as his little paws could take him.
Old Today, 09:35 AM
Certified Silly

Bump Policy: ANYTIME (please my memory is fleeting)
My Mood: Goofy

Covepaw.
APPRENTICE | He/him | Purrks: N/A | 8 moons

"Enough Acorn Jellies can make life so much easier."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Covepaw dipped his head, perking his ears. He must've missed that instruction! He'd make sure to pay attention more in the future. He practiced going back and forth for a little, then did as he was told. He listened intently, finding himself more excited as the time passed. He carefully lowered himself more into the water, testing his tail before attempting what he'd heard and seen. Covepaw felt his heartbeat slow, the thump a now slow beat he rather enjoyed! He made sure to keep his mind on the small part, swishing his tail only a bit. He knew it wasn't smart to do anything out of line. Why would he? Instructions were meant to be followed. He also kept in mind that the directions were swapped. Right to left, left to right. He made a small movement with his tail to the right, and was amazed when he went a little bit to the left. He continued this, alternating.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sneezepaw.
APPRENTICE | She/her | Purrks: N/A | 10 moons

"Keep your cool and be confident!"

Sneezepaw admitted to her mistake right off the back. She'd been listening, yet when her fear kicked it, she'd been ignoring. It was very dumb of her to do so, and she made an effort to listen from there. She cautiously scooped one paw, then the other, until she was moving forward. Then when she was feeling more comfortable, she went quicker, going back and forth like she was supposed to. Sneezepaw attempted to make small turns, moving her tail left right, left right. She moved slightly, her tail moving slowly from side to side. It was... exhilarating! She never knew she'd enjoy swimming so much. It was rather a thing she thought to be hard to learn. Not that it wasn't, she just wasn't expecting to enjoy learning such a hard thing. She smiled, perking her ears as she continued to practice, listening for any further instructions.

Last edited by rubberRatroom; Today at 09:36 AM.
Old Today, 12:43 PM
#4-Icecream

Bump Policy: Allways
My Mood: Inspired

Rainingpaw tried using her tail to turn and ended up flipping herself over. Shocked into stillness she realized she could kinda float, bobbing up and down her face peeking above the surface. She then flipped back over to swim again and tried the turn again. This time turning in a semi circle and preceeded to swim back and forth again, this time turning using her tail. The bottom ticketed her paws and she preceded to tuck her leges a bit at the shallow bits. She continued her swimming, weaving around the group.

Rainingpaw_13 moons old_Purrk(s) FlockTogether tier.1_Other N/A

Bravebolt_?moons like a young elder_Purrk(s) N/A_Other Has been a twoleg ratter for most of his life.

Nutkit_4moons_Purrk(s) N/A_Other Nutkit has trouble with verbal communication.

Last edited by Yoshdo; Today at 12:46 PM.