Old June 17th, 2024, 08:48 PM
it's not a phase

Bump Policy: please do it like every 24ish hours, or earlier idrm
My Mood: Kingly
Default Re: Moonfall Lake

riverwhisper chilled.
(semi-open, vm first)

POSTING SCHEDULE (roughly)
Monday - WC | Tuesday - THC | Wednesday - RC | Thursday - SHC | Friday/Sat/Sun - Catchup |

Please know that this is general and some posts may come early or late!

leopard. trampled this place with cats | Rat(e)piales launches rats onto this sig |
Rose side-eyed the cats and rats. Was she here because her name was Kat? | oakcrane graffitis "oakcrane wuz here" everywhere | pinto bean tells a hampter to walk all over your keyboard | Myling un-un-un-unevaporates here, sees the cats and rats, unmanifests, snatches some birbs, reappears and adds them to the pile | Snowheart promptly dumps a huge pile of snow on top of the cats, rats, hampters, and birbs. (and everything else), but they survive |
Old June 30th, 2024, 03:19 AM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

- Sootkit -
starclan - he/him - 26 moons dead
9/50

[ in reaction to this post ]

That idiot. That STARSFORSAKEN IDIOT. Was he really just going to roll over and die? Sootkit wouldnt let him. Sootkit couldnt let him. Fur slightly bristled and anger bubbling under his skin, the tomkit streaked through starclans territory. If what he saw with Bumblestar was true for all living cats, then the lake should help with Fishfreckle's wounds- or at least do something. Skidding to a halt along the edge of the lake, letting his paws just barely touch the water, he called out to his brother. I swear, if this absolute daft FOOL is already dead im going to kill him a second time, and then shove his sorry ass right back down to the living world.

He had no idea what he would say to Fishfreckle, (other than scold him for being such a fishbrain, of course), stars, he wasnt even sure if his younger brother knew he existed- well, no matter, Sootkit was going to ensure that he wasnt going to join him here. He owed that to Vinewatcher.

[ @Dark - smelly idiot baby fishkit ]
"have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you- you could, you’ll do, you- you wants, you, you could do so, you- you’ll do, you could- you, you want, you want them to do- so much you could do anything?"
Character Bio's | Tracker/Finder
sootkit: worldweaver 1, herbal knowledge 1 - silverkit: go with the flow, beefed up 1

Last edited by Apollo.; June 30th, 2024 at 03:20 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2024, 10:16 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆
Moonkit
⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆
| She/her | 1 Moon - 0 Moons at birth |
"Love you to the moon and back!"

Soooooo this was a neat place! Moonkit found herself in a place that was just stuffed with all sorts of cool neat things that she hasn't seen before and also some stuff that she has but the most coolest and amazingest thing she spotted was the epic lake that was in the middle of the space. It was glowy and pretty and it was just screaming for Moonkit to run over and mess around until she found out- be that positive or negative- though it would probably mean only cool things because it was so cool. The mentally one moon old kit trotted over to the lake and looked into the depths... oh woahhhhhh was that the living world that mama has spoke about, where her siblings were. Moonkit squinted her eyes and peered deeper into the water to try and make out something.

Oh neat! There was some white and orange and grey-ish colored cat that was messing around with some plants and stuff that was a neat wonder who they are and what they're doing. Well that was neat, could she see other things in the lake as well? She hesitantly raised a paw planning to touch the water next. If only some cat could come by and tell her about this lake, that'd be pretty cool!
[ @Apollo. - Sootkit ]
[ Hope this is fine <3 ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
My Roleplay Tracker | My Roleplay Policies | My Roleplay Finder

Last edited by Dolomedes; July 2nd, 2024 at 10:16 PM.
Old July 9th, 2024, 05:16 AM
Less active 18-25 july

Bump Policy: 1 week unless its time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired

She was floating.
Or sinking.
She wasn't sure.
But a wave of darkness had washed over her senses when the fox bit,
and now she was engulfed in its depths.

But it didn't feel like water did
didn't flow and swirl around her
didn't play with her fur or rush between her toes.

It was thick and unmoving
and air-like
at the same time.

Then her head seemed to float above the surface, and for a moment she felt something else than the nothingness of the void.
The pain around her throat, the thick smell of blood
Springkit's heart-shatteringly feeble voice

and then she was under the surface again,
turning in the nothingness
the numbness.

And then she felt something solid under her.
She was swept away from it, but in a pulse, it returned
and this time she held on it, digging her claws as best she could into it
and felt the water slip away from her.

It felt as if she had just drowned
but the water had not come into her lungs, she was not out of breath, and her fur was as dry as ever
She opened her eyes to see the world turning around her, stars dancing before her eyes.
But even when the world slowed down, and the spotted molly managed to raise her head, the stars didn't disappear.
Instead, they seemed closer than ever, ever her fur sparkled faintly of their light.

Her head thumped back onto the sandy ground, small tears dampening her fur as the atmosphere itself seemed to whisper in her ears.
So this was what it was like to be dead.
"Welcome home, Cowskip."

[Open to several cats to welcome her to starclan <33]

※⁕‡→ Lumi's shop - Tracker - My purrks ←‡⁕※

¨•┈꒰ა ♡⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ Springkit - Wyvern - Hawkcatcher - Pigeonpaw - Saturn ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆ ♡ ໒꒱┈•¨
Old Today, 06:03 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days

After taking some time to cool off -- figuratively, Hawkstar had yet to enjoy the waters of the lake, he decided that Ridgeclaw actually had somewhat of a good point. Hawkstar had sought out Bumblestar because he recognized behaviors that could use some reflection, but it seemed the squirrels were more interested in patting each other on the back and being an echo chamber, than actually learning anything substantial.

It was to be expected. He knew this. He just.. hoped. Hoped, that beyond his own Clan cats would listen to reason and open up their eyes. Because it worked with reincarnation, he hoped current incarnations might.. But no.

All this rumination, was it truly necessary? Hawkstar gazed across the surface of the water, deliberating. Because it was, in its own way - telling that his success with speaking to anything ThunderClan ended in catastrophe. ThunderClan, repeatedly, was a catastrophe. He taught their reject regret and made him worthy of StarClan, even if just - and this is how they repaid him? Constant mockery, disparaging him?

Hawkstar decided he was done. In his minimal communications with RiverClan over the years, even WindClan - they hadn't spoken with such ire. And in return, he would not give them it. No.. he would do better than even Brokenstar, he'd give them something they've lacked for so long. Guidance. A paw if they needed it.

Nothing forced, because he was no tyrant. An offering done in friendship.

Hawkstar closed his eyes, and willed.

He willed for a cat whom he'd heard whispers of, a cat who's path was paved in blood and regret. A cat whom could do so much good, if given the tools and support.

Even under different skies, Dusklion would not escape his call - he drew her into the lake, where the crystal-clear water would revitalize her for the next day. "Dusklion.." his voice was low, gently but rumbly like a distant storm. "You're a little far from home, aren't you?"

[ @taillow ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old Today, 06:23 PM
rainbowsan ♡

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 30 moons
go with the flow, rapid recovery, beefed up t3, mind reader
Anger at her brother had followed her to sleep pretty easily - but not back in camp. Back at camp she would have to face Fades, or Wisteriawren, or Stupidbunny, or some other cat that wanted another piece of her. Between the anger and the frustration there was one clear emotion that blossomed within her, and it was longing; longing for the home they couldn't go back to.

So perhaps that was why when she opened her eyes again after trying to stay awake to stare at the stars Dusklion was surprised to find herself in familiar territory. She had been in StarClan twice before, so it was easy enough to recognize. Blinking in confusion at the weariness and ache in her muscles from that was mysteriously gone, the dark tabby looked down to see herself half-submerged in water. "Water..." she breathed, the relief thick in her voice. How long had it been since her paws had touched it - swam in it? She couldn't help the smile that flickered on her face, tail swishing behind her to create soft ripples.

But there wasn't much time to enjoy when her ears snapped to attention, a voice calling her name. Immediately dread filled her as the deputy lifted her head to see an unfamiliar figure standing on the shore. He looked... well, Dusklion wasn't entirely certain. She didn't know him, but he seemed to know her. "My home is 'n always will be the forest below these skies," she retorted, though the would-be sharp words lacked any real emotion to them outside of subtle sadness.

Swallowing nervously, the dark tabby padded slowly out of the lake, coming to stand where it just came up to above her paws to get a closer look at the cat. Still no bells ringing. "...Who're you? 'N how do you know my name?" ...Oh stars above this wasn't another nightmare was it? Was Fallownose going to pop out and kill her for the umpteenth time? A flicker of anxiety flashed in her gaze before she snuffed it out with a slight narrowing of her eyes.

[ Hawkstar - @BEAR. ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old Today, 06:49 PM
work is never done

"Is that forest your home, or is it the cats within that you call home?" A curiosity, mostly. "This is not the first RiverClan has been driven out, and may not be the last, but the days you've been forced to travel.. your tenacity is admirable." Once, in Hawkstar's youth, they'd been sent to the tracks. Later, to the old Dusk Syndicate territory. Now? The horizon.

A crane of his head, eyes sweeping across her dark form. He was glad that so much of her pelt was dark, because that reddish tint along her white muzzle.. it made the fur on his neck bristle. Memories of a russet pelt, muzzle tinted red with his blood. A reminder of his failures. Of his weakness. ".. you wouldn't know me, I died so long ago my memory is merely a whisper in the wind." Lifetimes, generations come and gone. All that remained was blood and gore, a legacy used to scare kits instead of teach lessons. "But it's hard to not hear about you, Dusklion. You've made waves across the forest, that's something that isn't so easily missed."

Hawkstar took a seat near the water's edge, allowing his paw to dangle over the surface - lightly breaking it. He liked the ripples, that was all. "You can call me Hawkstar."

[ @taillow ]

Old Today, 07:07 PM
rainbowsan ♡

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 30 moons
go with the flow, rapid recovery, beefed up t3, mind reader
...Truth be told she hadn't much stopped to consider that. Fighting so much for RiverClan and it hadn't occurred to her really if it was for the land that great cats before her had walked upon, like Lions or Fury, or for the cats she saw day in and day out. It made her stop and think, listening as he continued. "Not the first...?" That was news to her. They'd been driven out before? In all the stories she had pestered to be told in her early days of joining the Clan she didn't recall one that involved an exile similar to the one they were in now.

"Oh. Is that why you're here, then?" Whenever Dusklion heard some cat say they knew her now, she knew it was because of Fallownose. It was hard to stifle the tail-jerk defensiveness that bubbled within her. "...Yeah, well, y'know. I'm tryin' to not do that anymore. Haven't you heard? RiverClan's exile this time is my fault because of those waves." The dark tabby scoffed, scuffing the water with a paw absentmindedly. "Not my fault that..." she started, but let her voice trail off. She couldn't find it in herself to justify her... her murder of Fallownose anymore. Not with Twilightstar's voice ringing so clearly in her head.

...Wait. Gone was the conversation before, the talk of what home really was and the waves she had made. Eyes going as round as the full moon, Dusklion lifted her head. She knew that name. Tales of the cat who haunted Sleepy Thicket... the headless cat... the cat who had once been at the helm of RiverClan. She couldn't hide the astonishment in her gaze, the admiration and shock. Suddenly she was zeroed in, focused on this cat before her like nothing else. Words bubbled up to her throat as her whole body went rigid with excitement. A former RiverClan leader?? Wanted to speak?? With?? Her???

"You have your head back!"

...If embarrassment could kill, Dusklion would've been reduced to stardust.

Heat immediately climbed up into her ears and her face went taught with mortification. "I-I mean, I didn't, uh. Of course you do - this is StarClan 'n you didn't deserve - ah, your head is - I mean-" the deputy stammered, the thudding of her heart in her chest drowning out everything else. She was undoubtedly the most mouse-brained cat to ever come to StarClan as of this moment. Shaking her head in disbelief that she had just said that out loud Dusklion ducked down a bit, tail tucking close to her legs. Now she looked much more like a kit who tumbled half-way across the clearing during their first attempt at walking then the snarky deputy her Clan knew her as. "Sorry. I didn't... mean that." Ahem.

"...I've looked up to the leaders of RiverClan, those who did great things, ever since I heard of the Clan. Never expected any of them to want to talk to me, though."

[ Hawkstar - @BEAR. ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old Today, 08:09 PM
work is never done

"No, it's happened a few times now. Different extremities, of course.. but the end result is the same. Cast away, uncertain of what the future might bring. An offering of return may not be as charitable as one may be led to believe." Two times, they'd been kicked out with no indication of being allowed back. This third time.. the difference was all three Clans banded against them instead of just two. The conflict ran deeper than the river's waters. "You're not the only one splashing in the ocean, the ripples were not just caused by you. The wave you dealt may have come crashing down, but there were many that built up to the finale." The ripples Hawkstar had produced with his paw were becoming larger, then as soon as one moved to touch Dusklion - he flicked his paw, sending water flying her way.

A visible grimace, at her words. "Is that how I'm remembered?" Headless... mutilated. He saw himself lying on the ground, Narrowheart and Rivalhaze hacking at his neck. He remembered the moments where he woke up, sputtering on his blood, until their ancestors could not salvage him further. A spike propped up along the crevices of the Driproot, how his blood washed through the stone cavern.
For a moment, he was silent as he stared at her. It was sickening, but not her fault. He cleared his throat, as if trying to dispel his thoughts - but it was hard when they lingered through his essence. He could still feel claws tearing through his neck. ".. I'm not sure being headless is something to look up to, but if that's what you wish to do then I'm sure the other Clans may take you up on that offer. I cannot personally recommend that route, however." Nor would he wish it, it made his skin crawl.

[ @taillow ]