by taillow
Last post by HerbalTea
Today 12:17 PM
Calm the storm [p]
Last post by Mica
Today 12:14 PM

Old July 13th, 2024, 10:15 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming
Default Re: Fadingstar's Den (Only open to RiverClan cats)

Crowglow had padded his way over in the hopes of sparring with Fadingstar again.
"Hey, Fadingstar! You up for some sparring? I've been meaning to try and give a demonstration of some battle techniques to Grimpaw and also probably Moonpaw since Skyfall has been rather introverted since we got here." He meowed cheerfully as the two apprentices stood beside him. @occultation
Old July 13th, 2024, 11:44 AM
I'm so lost ;v;

Gender: ✭|she/her; but I don't mind being called by any pronouns :'3|✭
Bump Policy: ✎✭|{After 24 hours, and 48 hours on weekdays}|✭✎
My Mood: Devilish

•| Aspenkit |•
he/him |5 moons | Riverclan kit
If you want to be strong, learn how to fight alone
{Silver tongue || inactive ||}
|[(49)10/10]|
Aspenkits shifted his paws, what exactly had he come to ask again? Too many things. He had too many questions of which he didn't think even the clan leader had but there was one. One question he needed reassurance on. He had been thinking it over ever since they had made it to the mountain territory and now after the meeting with all those dead cats names being called, he need to know.

"W-when we go back.." he began hesitantly, not if they would go back- when! The mountains weren't home and the would never be. Fadingstar must understand that. "when we go back what will happen to the monst- other clans? Will we get our revenge? Avenge those we lost." He asked, more like instructed but that would be silly. No cat could tell the leader of a clan to do anything. Aspenkits may be well just a kit but he felt the fear of returning home even though he would love nothing more! His mom was there, he knew it! So we're everyone else the left behind but- what if the clans attacked them again? What if they couldn't flee this time. The thought of the old camp, he missed it so much but it didn't come without fear. Stupid fear, he hated it. Taking a deep breath he let that fear fade out of him, he knew it would return again but he didn't want it right now.

"when we return I think we should show the other clans that they made mistake crossing our paths. If we don't do anything about what they did they might do it again! They'll think of us as weak-" wait there was something else he wanted to say, Fadingstar had mentioned visiting the starcave to receive his name. That had something to do with starclan right? "is starclan lighting our paths?" he asked, it was something he heard other cats say. “May starclan light your path” well it didn't seem like they were.

Tags:
- Fadingstar ( @occultation )
═════════════ ⋆★⋆ ═════════════
Old July 14th, 2024, 11:47 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 21 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

It's been awhile since he's visited Fadingstar. Fadingstar. He had been Fadingsun the last time he had visited even and for some weird reason the lionheart missed doing so. Maybe he was just that painfully lonely more often than not thee days. He's been working with his apprentices and he's been working with his fellow Lionhearts, he's been around camp and helping where he could but other than that the last time he's actually spoken to someone like... as a friend it had been briefly with Mudsmoke after the warrior had grown concern with Seabreeze's well being. It was the first time that he realized just how lonely it's gotten for him. His apprentices dissapear, his sister is dead, his- what was Frostmelt to him- friend was gone... he looked down at his paws. This was so sad, coming to speak with your very busy leader about what? Nothing, just because you felt lonely. ( Some part of him sees the bi-colored tom as something of a friend. Though who would want to be around Seabreeze any longer than necessary. He was selfish though, that's why his paws carried him here anyways.)

He had been standing outside of his leader's den for a few moments now, just feeling the cool air that seems to follow the mountain's trails endlessly swirling with his fur. His stomach was doing better. He had been feeling well enough to put on an event even. It was lighthearted, he felt that was needed for a time like this. But during that event something had come up, reminding him of plans a while ago. Spiraltail. Or more so, the offer he made, to teach tunneling. Tunneling was something that Seabreeze had briefly tossed around in his mind. Tunnels. Seabreeze had fallen into one, it had been an experience. Proving to him that its often feeling on the verge of death reminds one what it means to be alive but that doesn't quite ring as true for him anymore. He sighed, there he goes again.

Blue eyes continued to stare into the darkness of the den. The brush was unnatural. His brain refused to believe that this was his leader's den after staring into the one back home so many times. He really had visited his leader often hadn't he? And never once did Fadingstar seem to be upset with that at all. ( Maybe, that was wishful thinking. Wanting to believe that he was maybe wanted. At least in this one little way. ) Though, sitting here and having a pity party wasn't his goal. He had come to speak with Fadingstar about the event, ones he has already swirling in his mind, and tunneling. He knew tunneling didn't he? At least a small bit. Somewhere deep in his mind said yes, he had led patrols into them for some reason before a lifetime ago. But on top of that, he had other ideas. Ones that would utilize the tunnels and ones that would require more work here. It was scary. How little he actually cared about what he planned to say, to talk, to think. All that was there was melancholy and apathy. Like the events have yet to truly catch his mind like some twisted game of cat and mouse.

He took a half step forward, paw hanging in the air. It was late wasn't it? Time has become blurred to the lionheart. Though... he didn't really care. How truly messed up is he? It felt worse than after his sister's death at times. That scared him. It was such a deep rooted and paralyzing fear. That he would feel like this forever. That he wouldn't get better like he had. But time didn't wait, it never did, so he would have to keep going regardless. He set his paw down, and then took another step, than another, until he was ducking into the space. "Fadingstar, I'm sorry if I've come at a bad time. I hadn't truly realized how late it was until I was already here. I fear I will forget what I want to tell you if I wait till morning." Or rather, he would lose what little courage he had to come back again and face his leader. Had Fadingstar seen what the lionheart had done at that fight?

"I've come to discuss some plans with you. Events...and for when we get back. I understand if you don't want to right now, its late and its a heavy topic."
[ @occultation - Fadingstar || Starter for the tunneling chat but also some other things, mostly tunneling though I think ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
My Roleplay Tracker | My Roleplay Policies | My Roleplay Finder
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINTO BEAN View Post
Duckpaw
6 moons | he/him | Riverclan

Duckpaw was surprised when fadingstar asked him what he wanted to be told.

"Any story! Maybe a story about how cool you are?" he said as he looked
up at his leader with wide eyes, desperate for him to start telling a story right
that instant.
@occultation

Fadingstar shifted some. Any story? Should he make something up? Tell a story from RiverClan's past? From his past? Most of the stories from his past were either tragic or intense, tales of hard times with Dusklion in the outskirts.

In the end, he decided to just tell a made-up story. Not like Duckpaw would know it was fake. "A long time ago, two RiverClan warriors were considered legends among their Clanmates. Their names were... Salmonjump and Stormflare. These cats were highly respected for their hunting and battle skill. What really solidified their legacies, however, were their actions during a particularly brutal storm.

"This storm ravaged RiverClan, threatening everyone's lives. Salmonjump and Stormflare put their own lives at risk again and again, braving the terrible weather to rescue kits and other defenseless Clanmates. Between the two of them, they were able to save over a dozen RiverClan cats. Legend says that a bolt of lightning nearly struck Stormflare down where he stood, but he didn't even flinch. The two cats were honored for the rest of their lives by RiverClan; for moons after that, they were brought up to kits and apprentices alike as examples of what the ideal RiverClan warrior should be: dedicated, fearless, and selfless in the face of danger."

Even though the story was just a myth, the values behind it were true. RiverClan needed cats like the fictitious Salmonleap and Stormflare, willing to give it all for their Clan. Perhaps this story would inspire Duckpaw to do the same, one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Adderstrike
Determined ⋆ Loyal ⋆ Lawful Good ⋆ She/Her ⋆ Beefed Up T3
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”

Adderstrike walked into the strange den. She was so used to the old one that this one felt off to her. Alien, even. But despite that she wanted to discuss a few things with Fadingstar. Now mostly she just wanted to get ideas out into the world but hold nothing to wanting them to happen. "Fadingstar, are you free for a little chitchat?" Adderstrike ask with a curious look. "Its nothing super important or pressing but I just wanted to get a thought out into the world. If its a bad time, I'll come back later." Adderstrike could only guess how busy Fadingstar was right now.

Fadingstar had just finished tidying his den when Adderstrike arrived. It had been a long time since the new warrior had confronted him about Fogmuzzle's death, yet that confrontation still rang clear in his mind whenever she came into his den. Keeping a calm face, the leader responded, "Now is fine. What's on your mind?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by finley !! View Post

cobwebfern

purrks ; the collector , herbal knowledge t2
she / they . riverclan
15 moons . missing back leg
tags ; @occultation - fadingstar
trigger warnings for this post: none

cobwebfern poked her head into the den, face holding itself back from a grimace. she padded inside, shivering at the cold air that blew in with her. ' fadingstar. hello. ' her eyes squinted at the leader, forcing a smile to him.

This den, even in greenleaf, had a tendency to get chilly. It wasn't incredibly well-insulated; Fadingstar had left those dens to the rest of the Clan. Everyone else needed warmth more than he did. He was curled up in his nest trying to avoid the chill of the mountain wind when Cobwebfern came in. She seemed... ill at ease, which had his ears perking. "Cobwebfern. What can I do for you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Larkwing
~<>~
24 moons || she/her || RiverClan Warrior || Kitty Softpaws, Mind Reader, Beefed Up T2
scarred, scrawny dilute tortoiseshell; green eyes

Fadingstar, it seemed, was receptive enough to her story - at least, that’s what he said. Although he’d criticized her choice of deputy, which caused a small bubble of defensive energy to rise to her shoulders, Larkwing forced herself to take a deep breath. He was right. Birdsnow had been… a bad choice. Granted, in the moment she was more running on emotion than she was logic or careful consideration - logic and thinking things through had never been how the tortoiseshell handled things. And Fadingstar’s concern for her… problem… and the future solutions he gave her should she not improve at all only caused her to frown again.

Part of her understood; this paranoia had, in the past, put her in a very difficult spot. She’d gotten herself hurt and lost because of it and, as a result, nearly threw her clan into ruin. Fadingstar wouldn’t want something similar to happen again, and Lark got that, but the comment about an early retirement for her if she ended up getting out of paw again still stung. From a practical standpoint, it made sense - why keep a warrior if they couldn’t do their job? And it was better than being kicked out, but, in the event that were to happen, Lark cannot imagine how lonely that would feel.

”…Understood,” she agrees with a nod. ”I’ll talk with Mistyshard.” As she turns to leave, her business done here, a thought suddenly strikes her, and she glances back once more to her leader. ”Do you-“ faltering for a moment, Lark can’t help but wonder if this is a bad idea, but who better to ask than the clan’s leader? If anyone knew anything, Fadingstar surely would.

”Do you know what happened to Rushwater?” Green eyes watch the tom’s face, expression searching for any hint of an answer. She never got to have that conversation with her brother she’d promised him, but, more than that, she just wanted to know if he was ok.

[ @occultation ]

Fadingstar hadn't been expecting Larkwing to bring Rushwater up (although he should've been), so when she did, his ears perked in surprise. They then flattened as he recalled the dead-end that Eaglepaw had discovered some time ago. Indications that Rushwater wasn't in good shape, if even still alive.

"Rushwater disappeared some time ago," he answered after several moments. "A little while before you came back to RiverClan, Eaglepaw found some clues as to Rushwater's fate. They... weren't exactly positive. I'm not certain whether Rushwater is still alive, but the signs didn't look too good. I hope one day he'll return to us, but with every passing day I get more doubtful." It pained him to have to say it, but he respected Larkwing just enough at this point to give her the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

RowanMane
Male | 30 Moons | RiverClan Warrior | Posts: 15
large, strong mackerel-striped brown tabby with long fur and gray eyes — he has a crooked jaw with a scratch across his mouth and half his ear missing
Purrks: None
Interaction For: @occultation

He padded to the leader's den, unsure of where DuskLions location was, he went to the closest thing he could–though he deeply hoped he wouldn't waste FadingStars time. “Excuse me? FadingStar? May I come in?” He asked respectfully from outside the temporary leaders' den. He just had a quick question then he'd be out. He had other things he'd like to say, sure. But he wouldn't bore the surely stressed leader with his life too. He just wanted to offer his help and prove he could still be a normal warrior without having the best bite. That's why he had to step up his game as a mentor too. He was just going to get with RainingPaw and prove his worth by making the best warrior out of the cat.

Fadingstar returned to his nest and sat down as Rowanmane arrived. "Yes, of course. Come on in Rowanmane. What can I do for you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by isla View Post
ROSEHAWK

Rosehawk slid into the den, tail tip flicking to-and-fro. ''You needed me, Fadingstar?''

Ah, Rosehawk had arrived. Good; Fadingstar hoped she took this news okay, but only time would tell. "Rosehawk, yes. I heard about your incident during the raid. Given that you've suffered two head injuries in a short timeframe, I think it's best for you to step back some from certain warrior duties. At least until Mistyshard clears you to return back to normal warrior duties.

"I want you to stay out of things that could lead to further head injuries. That means no participating in battles for now unless it's completely unavoidable, and no sparring with anyone. I also want you being extra careful; don't go out there and start taking risks that could lead to another injury. Until Mistyshard clears you, I won't be assigning any apprentices to you. I need all of my mentors in tip-top condition."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

She/Her | Purrk(s): Just A Scratch

Maybe she was seeking comfort. Maybe she just wanted an answer. Maybe she wanted all this sorrow to go away. She was guilty of seeking out something that she hoped would bring her a reason for happiness. Something that made her mind stop thinking and her heart stop hurting.

For a long moment, Wisteriawren simply lingered outside Fadingstar's den in the dark of night. It was well past midnight - and had it been day, she wouldn't even have shown her face here out of pure shame with herself. But the darkness called to her, whispered that her secrets and longings could be exposed, could be set free, for the hope that better things were to come. Someone had to take the first step, didn't they? Someone had to voice their feelings first, as Dusklion and Antlerbranch had done with her.

But with them, she'd not even comprehended that she and they could be. . . more than friends. So intent her heart had been on Fadingstar that she'd not noticed anyone else in that light. Now all she felt was miserable, but not because she'd said no to both of the cats who'd claimed to like her (one had even claimed love ; was their love so fickle that she was met with scorn when she could not reciprocate?), no, she felt miserable for hurting her closest companions in RiverClan so deeply. She would say no again if they asked once more - she would not lie to them about her feelings.

So in the end, she could no longer lie to herself about her feelings either.

Tentatively, the classic tabby made her way into her leader's den, fidgeting with her paws, gold-flecked blue eyes resting on the ground before it lifted to the tom in question she was here to see. She would not have dared pester him when it was so dark out, but she had heard restless shifting from inside the den (so whether it was her own hopeless imagination conjuring up the noise, or it was really Fadingstar unable to sleep, she was here anyway).

"Fading..star?" She whispered softly, the question hesitant, wavering, unsure. "Can I talk to you?"

[ @occultation - Fadingstar ]

Fadingstar had been avoiding Wisteriawren since Dusklion had told him about that whole... situation. It was too painful to be around her; it forced him to have to pretend he didn't care for her, that he didn't like her as more than a friend.

So when she showed up to his den, looking and sounding tense and unsure, it got his heart beating way faster than it had since the raid.

Claw-tips curling into his nest, he was uncertain what to do. Send her away and procrastinate this as long as possible, or just get it over with? He wanted to comfort her and help her, but at the same time... that would only make it even harder to hide his feelings.

After a few moments, he swallowed hard and made his decision.

"You can come in, Wisteriawren. Is... everything okay?"

[ The angst ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post
DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 30 moons
go with the flow, rapid recovery, beefed up t3
She was expecting him to laugh about it, or snort or joke or do anything other than actually care. Dusklion knew that being the Clan's leader had changed him, and part of her worried it had changed the brother she knew to care for her above everything else - even if it was rarely spoken about. Still, she hated it. She hated that they didn't seem to have the bond they'd had before coming to RiverClan. Because sure there had been teasing and bickering and the likes - but they had put each other first, above everything else.

...For the first time since they had stumbled onto RiverClan many moons ago, Dusklion wondered if i was worth it. Because stars above, she missed her brother.

But he apologized, and Dusklion sniffed. She hated the way the tears slid down her face, made apparent by the way she roughly rubbed her face free of them with her paw. "...Thanks. It's fine, really. Her loss, right?" The attempt at the joke had the deputy cracking a fake half-smile that had no emotion to it. It didn't feel like it was Wisteriawren's loss though - because deep down underneath all of the confidence and all of the bravado... the dark tabby didn't see anything of value within herself to be lost.

Can't lose something if there's nothing there.

Sniffing once more she got to her paws and shook her head. She sucked in a quick breath and glanced at her brother, looking at him before rolling her eyes. "Glad to know you can still be stiff as a piece of driftwood," she joked, lifting a paw and punching his shoulder lightly with it. For a moment, everything else faded away. RiverClan, their responsibilities, the cats they had to protect and watch over. All of it vanished in favor of it just being her and Fades, a duo who had brave storms worse than this.

"I'm gonna... go do somethin' do I don't drive myself crazy over wonderin' who it is she likes." Because Dusklion knew that's exactly what she would do if she let herself just sit around. A brief silence, and then... "...Wanna come with?" It had been awhile since the two of them had done anything that didn't involve 'leader' or 'deputy' things.

[ Fadingstar - @occultation ]

Dusklion's half-hearted attempt to brush off Wisteriawren's decision as her loss had his heart breaking even more. He wanted so badly to change this for her, but it wasn't within his power to do so. That was just... the way that things went. It sucked that this had to involve the cat that he liked, but ultimately his sister was much more important to him than some crush.

She tried to lighten the mood with a jab at him being stiff as usual; he responded with a laugh that he tried to make sound as genuine as possible. Even though he wasn't particularly in a joking mood right now, he wanted to be a comfort to his sister if that was somehow possible. Stars knew she needed it, and she probably wouldn't get it from many other cats right now.

He nodded as she announced her departure, and began circling in his nest to settle down. He fully expected her to just leave, so when she offered him the opportunity to come with, he froze. She... wanted him around right now? Even though she was hurting? Was he... really actually helping, somehow?

A wide smile crossed his face. "I'd love to."

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post
DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 30 moons
go with the flow, rapid recovery, beefed up t3
Good, it seemed her and her brother were on the same page when it came to Rosehawk and limiting her until they knew the extend of her head injury. What they didn't seem to be on the same page about was Skydust. Dusklion blinked, obviously confused. "Didn't know that all that qualified a cat to be a 'Clanmate' was takin' a name, 'cause Skydust didn't do anythin' outside of that. Not sure where you wanted me to bury him, but he's just down the mountain a little ways if you wanna play fetch." Really... the cat had traveled with them and just... sat in camp until one day he left and died? It didn't make sense and the deputy didn't consider him RiverClan because he had happened to be at the twoleg den when they were there, get a name, and then... do nothing else.

She wasn't mad though - she had just been thinking logically about lessening the attraction of predators while the Clan was in unfamiliar territory. "...Are you gonna want me to come with you, or...?" Frankly, the deputy was exhausted, tired, and ready for a nap. But Dusklion remained standing, waiting to see if her brother's displeasure in her actions would lead to her being dragged along to find the body of the outsider.

[ Fadingstar - @occultation ]

Dusklion's spiky response had Fadingstar giving her a bit of a look. Nothing too significant, more of a sibling-type, "kind-of-annoyed-but-not-really" look. Her lack of care for Skydust was a tad frustrating, but that was just the way she was. It was ironic to him how she was toward the newcomers in the Clan, considering she was once in their paws.

The deputy looked tired, so Fadingstar wouldn't ask her to come with. She had a habit of running herself ragged, so if he could get her to settle down and sleep for even just a little while, he would. "Nah, I can do this on my own. Go get some rest. Don't need you collapsing from exhaustion and falling off a cliff or something in the process."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goopysharkboi View Post
Crowglow had padded his way over in the hopes of sparring with Fadingstar again.
"Hey, Fadingstar! You up for some sparring? I've been meaning to try and give a demonstration of some battle techniques to Grimpaw and also probably Moonpaw since Skyfall has been rather introverted since we got here." He meowed cheerfully as the two apprentices stood beside him. @occultation

Fadingstar jumped a bit at Crowglow's loud voice, startled. His back had been to the entrance to his den, so he hadn't seen the warrior and two apprentices approach. Flattening his fur, he turned.

The news that Skyfall was "being introverted" wasn't what he wanted to hear. It sounded like a fancy way of saying "not putting effort in". That warrior had been a small thorn in his side for a while now; he'd have to see about giving him a harsher push to get his mess together.

"With Morningmimic missing, I'll be getting Moonpaw reassigned at the next meeting. For now, I have no problem with having a spar with you for them to watch. As for Skyfall, I don't want him involved in any apprentice training for now. I'm getting tired of his excuses when it comes to not doing what he should be."

The leader stretched his legs. "We can head out now, unless there's anything else any of you need."

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntToast View Post

•| Aspenkit |•
he/him |5 moons | Riverclan kit
If you want to be strong, learn how to fight alone
{Silver tongue || inactive ||}
|[(49)10/10]|
Aspenkits shifted his paws, what exactly had he come to ask again? Too many things. He had too many questions of which he didn't think even the clan leader had but there was one. One question he needed reassurance on. He had been thinking it over ever since they had made it to the mountain territory and now after the meeting with all those dead cats names being called, he need to know.

"W-when we go back.." he began hesitantly, not if they would go back- when! The mountains weren't home and the would never be. Fadingstar must understand that. "when we go back what will happen to the monst- other clans? Will we get our revenge? Avenge those we lost." He asked, more like instructed but that would be silly. No cat could tell the leader of a clan to do anything. Aspenkits may be well just a kit but he felt the fear of returning home even though he would love nothing more! His mom was there, he knew it! So we're everyone else the left behind but- what if the clans attacked them again? What if they couldn't flee this time. The thought of the old camp, he missed it so much but it didn't come without fear. Stupid fear, he hated it. Taking a deep breath he let that fear fade out of him, he knew it would return again but he didn't want it right now.

"when we return I think we should show the other clans that they made mistake crossing our paths. If we don't do anything about what they did they might do it again! They'll think of us as weak-" wait there was something else he wanted to say, Fadingstar had mentioned visiting the starcave to receive his name. That had something to do with starclan right? "is starclan lighting our paths?" he asked, it was something he heard other cats say. “May starclan light your path” well it didn't seem like they were.

Tags:
- Fadingstar ( @occultation )

The fact that a kit was thinking this way made Fadingstar's heart clench. No child should be in the position that Aspenkit was in; away from their home, fearing for their future and dreaming of revenge at such a young age. It caused anger at the other Clans to swell within him once more. In his own, strategic way, he'd find ways to get revenge on all of them (if the course of nature didn't do it for him).

Still, those were inside thoughts. He'd maybe share them with Dusklion and Duskleaf, one day, but for now they were all for himself. "What the other Clans did to us was wrong. RiverClan has a right to be in our own territory, and I'm genuine when I say that RiverClan will not be lifting a paw to help any of those Clans for as long as their current leaders are at their head. That said, we have to be careful how we handle them. They've demonstrated that they're willing to band together and bully us; I wouldn't put it past them to pull that stunt again if we immediately try to seek any sort of revenge.

"As much as RiverClan deserves to have revenge, we also have to think about our own survival. I'd prefer that our Clan be able to stay in our ancestral territory, because it's well-suited to us and important to our Clanmates. If an opportunity arises where RiverClan is able to get our revenge without risking another three-on-one attack, believe me, we'll take it. But for now, I want you to speak no more of this topic; that issue is up to me to handle. You should be focusing on being a kid, because that won't last forever. Leave the leader worries to the leader, okay?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 21 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

It's been awhile since he's visited Fadingstar. Fadingstar. He had been Fadingsun the last time he had visited even and for some weird reason the lionheart missed doing so. Maybe he was just that painfully lonely more often than not thee days. He's been working with his apprentices and he's been working with his fellow Lionhearts, he's been around camp and helping where he could but other than that the last time he's actually spoken to someone like... as a friend it had been briefly with Mudsmoke after the warrior had grown concern with Seabreeze's well being. It was the first time that he realized just how lonely it's gotten for him. His apprentices dissapear, his sister is dead, his- what was Frostmelt to him- friend was gone... he looked down at his paws. This was so sad, coming to speak with your very busy leader about what? Nothing, just because you felt lonely. ( Some part of him sees the bi-colored tom as something of a friend. Though who would want to be around Seabreeze any longer than necessary. He was selfish though, that's why his paws carried him here anyways.)

He had been standing outside of his leader's den for a few moments now, just feeling the cool air that seems to follow the mountain's trails endlessly swirling with his fur. His stomach was doing better. He had been feeling well enough to put on an event even. It was lighthearted, he felt that was needed for a time like this. But during that event something had come up, reminding him of plans a while ago. Spiraltail. Or more so, the offer he made, to teach tunneling. Tunneling was something that Seabreeze had briefly tossed around in his mind. Tunnels. Seabreeze had fallen into one, it had been an experience. Proving to him that its often feeling on the verge of death reminds one what it means to be alive but that doesn't quite ring as true for him anymore. He sighed, there he goes again.

Blue eyes continued to stare into the darkness of the den. The brush was unnatural. His brain refused to believe that this was his leader's den after staring into the one back home so many times. He really had visited his leader often hadn't he? And never once did Fadingstar seem to be upset with that at all. ( Maybe, that was wishful thinking. Wanting to believe that he was maybe wanted. At least in this one little way. ) Though, sitting here and having a pity party wasn't his goal. He had come to speak with Fadingstar about the event, ones he has already swirling in his mind, and tunneling. He knew tunneling didn't he? At least a small bit. Somewhere deep in his mind said yes, he had led patrols into them for some reason before a lifetime ago. But on top of that, he had other ideas. Ones that would utilize the tunnels and ones that would require more work here. It was scary. How little he actually cared about what he planned to say, to talk, to think. All that was there was melancholy and apathy. Like the events have yet to truly catch his mind like some twisted game of cat and mouse.

He took a half step forward, paw hanging in the air. It was late wasn't it? Time has become blurred to the lionheart. Though... he didn't really care. How truly messed up is he? It felt worse than after his sister's death at times. That scared him. It was such a deep rooted and paralyzing fear. That he would feel like this forever. That he wouldn't get better like he had. But time didn't wait, it never did, so he would have to keep going regardless. He set his paw down, and then took another step, than another, until he was ducking into the space. "Fadingstar, I'm sorry if I've come at a bad time. I hadn't truly realized how late it was until I was already here. I fear I will forget what I want to tell you if I wait till morning." Or rather, he would lose what little courage he had to come back again and face his leader. Had Fadingstar seen what the lionheart had done at that fight?

"I've come to discuss some plans with you. Events...and for when we get back. I understand if you don't want to right now, its late and its a heavy topic."
[ @occultation - Fadingstar || Starter for the tunneling chat but also some other things, mostly tunneling though I think ]

Despite how late it was, Fadingstar was wide awake. Insomnia had hit him hard tonight, so it was unlikely he'd get too much sleep. He was grateful to see Seabreeze appear and ask to discuss plans; both because he enjoyed talking to the Lionheart, and because it gave him something to do. "Good to see you again, Seabreeze. What plans would you like to discuss?"
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old Today, 10:18 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by occultation View Post

Fadingstar shifted some. Any story? Should he make something up? Tell a story from RiverClan's past? From his past? Most of the stories from his past were either tragic or intense, tales of hard times with Dusklion in the outskirts.

In the end, he decided to just tell a made-up story. Not like Duckpaw would know it was fake. "A long time ago, two RiverClan warriors were considered legends among their Clanmates. Their names were... Salmonjump and Stormflare. These cats were highly respected for their hunting and battle skill. What really solidified their legacies, however, were their actions during a particularly brutal storm.

"This storm ravaged RiverClan, threatening everyone's lives. Salmonjump and Stormflare put their own lives at risk again and again, braving the terrible weather to rescue kits and other defenseless Clanmates. Between the two of them, they were able to save over a dozen RiverClan cats. Legend says that a bolt of lightning nearly struck Stormflare down where he stood, but he didn't even flinch. The two cats were honored for the rest of their lives by RiverClan; for moons after that, they were brought up to kits and apprentices alike as examples of what the ideal RiverClan warrior should be: dedicated, fearless, and selfless in the face of danger."

Even though the story was just a myth, the values behind it were true. RiverClan needed cats like the fictitious Salmonleap and Stormflare, willing to give it all for their Clan. Perhaps this story would inspire Duckpaw to do the same, one day.

Fadingstar had just finished tidying his den when Adderstrike arrived. It had been a long time since the new warrior had confronted him about Fogmuzzle's death, yet that confrontation still rang clear in his mind whenever she came into his den. Keeping a calm face, the leader responded, "Now is fine. What's on your mind?"

This den, even in greenleaf, had a tendency to get chilly. It wasn't incredibly well-insulated; Fadingstar had left those dens to the rest of the Clan. Everyone else needed warmth more than he did. He was curled up in his nest trying to avoid the chill of the mountain wind when Cobwebfern came in. She seemed... ill at ease, which had his ears perking. "Cobwebfern. What can I do for you?"

Fadingstar hadn't been expecting Larkwing to bring Rushwater up (although he should've been), so when she did, his ears perked in surprise. They then flattened as he recalled the dead-end that Eaglepaw had discovered some time ago. Indications that Rushwater wasn't in good shape, if even still alive.

"Rushwater disappeared some time ago," he answered after several moments. "A little while before you came back to RiverClan, Eaglepaw found some clues as to Rushwater's fate. They... weren't exactly positive. I'm not certain whether Rushwater is still alive, but the signs didn't look too good. I hope one day he'll return to us, but with every passing day I get more doubtful." It pained him to have to say it, but he respected Larkwing just enough at this point to give her the truth.

Fadingstar returned to his nest and sat down as Rowanmane arrived. "Yes, of course. Come on in Rowanmane. What can I do for you?"

Ah, Rosehawk had arrived. Good; Fadingstar hoped she took this news okay, but only time would tell. "Rosehawk, yes. I heard about your incident during the raid. Given that you've suffered two head injuries in a short timeframe, I think it's best for you to step back some from certain warrior duties. At least until Mistyshard clears you to return back to normal warrior duties.

"I want you to stay out of things that could lead to further head injuries. That means no participating in battles for now unless it's completely unavoidable, and no sparring with anyone. I also want you being extra careful; don't go out there and start taking risks that could lead to another injury. Until Mistyshard clears you, I won't be assigning any apprentices to you. I need all of my mentors in tip-top condition."

Fadingstar had been avoiding Wisteriawren since Dusklion had told him about that whole... situation. It was too painful to be around her; it forced him to have to pretend he didn't care for her, that he didn't like her as more than a friend.

So when she showed up to his den, looking and sounding tense and unsure, it got his heart beating way faster than it had since the raid.

Claw-tips curling into his nest, he was uncertain what to do. Send her away and procrastinate this as long as possible, or just get it over with? He wanted to comfort her and help her, but at the same time... that would only make it even harder to hide his feelings.

After a few moments, he swallowed hard and made his decision.

"You can come in, Wisteriawren. Is... everything okay?"

[ The angst ]

Dusklion's half-hearted attempt to brush off Wisteriawren's decision as her loss had his heart breaking even more. He wanted so badly to change this for her, but it wasn't within his power to do so. That was just... the way that things went. It sucked that this had to involve the cat that he liked, but ultimately his sister was much more important to him than some crush.

She tried to lighten the mood with a jab at him being stiff as usual; he responded with a laugh that he tried to make sound as genuine as possible. Even though he wasn't particularly in a joking mood right now, he wanted to be a comfort to his sister if that was somehow possible. Stars knew she needed it, and she probably wouldn't get it from many other cats right now.

He nodded as she announced her departure, and began circling in his nest to settle down. He fully expected her to just leave, so when she offered him the opportunity to come with, he froze. She... wanted him around right now? Even though she was hurting? Was he... really actually helping, somehow?

A wide smile crossed his face. "I'd love to."

Dusklion's spiky response had Fadingstar giving her a bit of a look. Nothing too significant, more of a sibling-type, "kind-of-annoyed-but-not-really" look. Her lack of care for Skydust was a tad frustrating, but that was just the way she was. It was ironic to him how she was toward the newcomers in the Clan, considering she was once in their paws.

The deputy looked tired, so Fadingstar wouldn't ask her to come with. She had a habit of running herself ragged, so if he could get her to settle down and sleep for even just a little while, he would. "Nah, I can do this on my own. Go get some rest. Don't need you collapsing from exhaustion and falling off a cliff or something in the process."

Fadingstar jumped a bit at Crowglow's loud voice, startled. His back had been to the entrance to his den, so he hadn't seen the warrior and two apprentices approach. Flattening his fur, he turned.

The news that Skyfall was "being introverted" wasn't what he wanted to hear. It sounded like a fancy way of saying "not putting effort in". That warrior had been a small thorn in his side for a while now; he'd have to see about giving him a harsher push to get his mess together.

"With Morningmimic missing, I'll be getting Moonpaw reassigned at the next meeting. For now, I have no problem with having a spar with you for them to watch. As for Skyfall, I don't want him involved in any apprentice training for now. I'm getting tired of his excuses when it comes to not doing what he should be."

The leader stretched his legs. "We can head out now, unless there's anything else any of you need."

The fact that a kit was thinking this way made Fadingstar's heart clench. No child should be in the position that Aspenkit was in; away from their home, fearing for their future and dreaming of revenge at such a young age. It caused anger at the other Clans to swell within him once more. In his own, strategic way, he'd find ways to get revenge on all of them (if the course of nature didn't do it for him).

Still, those were inside thoughts. He'd maybe share them with Dusklion and Duskleaf, one day, but for now they were all for himself. "What the other Clans did to us was wrong. RiverClan has a right to be in our own territory, and I'm genuine when I say that RiverClan will not be lifting a paw to help any of those Clans for as long as their current leaders are at their head. That said, we have to be careful how we handle them. They've demonstrated that they're willing to band together and bully us; I wouldn't put it past them to pull that stunt again if we immediately try to seek any sort of revenge.

"As much as RiverClan deserves to have revenge, we also have to think about our own survival. I'd prefer that our Clan be able to stay in our ancestral territory, because it's well-suited to us and important to our Clanmates. If an opportunity arises where RiverClan is able to get our revenge without risking another three-on-one attack, believe me, we'll take it. But for now, I want you to speak no more of this topic; that issue is up to me to handle. You should be focusing on being a kid, because that won't last forever. Leave the leader worries to the leader, okay?"

Despite how late it was, Fadingstar was wide awake. Insomnia had hit him hard tonight, so it was unlikely he'd get too much sleep. He was grateful to see Seabreeze appear and ask to discuss plans; both because he enjoyed talking to the Lionheart, and because it gave him something to do. "Good to see you again, Seabreeze. What plans would you like to discuss?"
Both apprentices let out a gentle 'YES' and looked at each other with an excited expression. Crowglow gently smiled, leading the way."You lead the way to wherever you feel comfortable sparring." He meowed calmly.