Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Default Re: July Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 50 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

This was fun and Crowtooth couldnt stop himself from chuckling fondly as Mistlewhisker even joined in and called herself a frog. Honestly if he was a shadowclan cat with the choice of a derogatory creature name (them being the one clan without a common nomenclature) he'dve gone for rat or bat instead of the amphibian. Rabbit was cooler regardless, rabbits could be lethal even if others underestimated them.

He did have an interest in how the molly ran her patrols, given that he was the tom who was currently doing windclans and idly asked "Im curious actually, how do ya handle patrol punishments, specifically for apprentices who's non completion is linked ta their warrior leads not goin' out at all. Been strugglin' ta find a balance between 'not yer fault, no punishment' an' 'shouldve tried an' come ta me regardless before it became too late' personally." That wasnt secret knowledge and wouldnt be frowned upon for the two to share right? Every clan had idiots who didnt patrol when ordered and apprentices who got caught up in it. Maybe shadowclan had an established method to this issue windclan had lost with Fallownose it wouldnt be horrible to share.

But on the topic of battle Crowtooth was a little smug, smirking up at Mistlewhisker with the full knowledge that her words meant she didnt get as much as she migthve wished. "Frankly wanted ta give them the chance ta learn from this lesson, figured loss of their territory an' the exile would be vengeance enough so didnt go in ta kill but the fish were dumb as rocks.

Killed one that refused ta run, near maimed another that also didnt run (she was a warrior an' just froze like a kitten after I told her ta bolt, dunno what riverclan is teachin' their members it was shameful), an' drove off a third who decided ta interfere in my apprentices battle 'cuz he was winnin'."
Coward. One was a fox heart to be a warrior and interfere in two apprentices battle unless it was dire and one was going to die, winning and loosing was important to learning to be a good warrior so if you couldnt handle your apprentice loosing to one of their same level (something that spoke more of you as a mentor then them) you shouldnt be a mentor. Harsh as it was loss was life and taking a loss gracefully and well was important.

"My apprentice still won though, both o' them did Im really proud."

Stars shadowclan had a bunch of rank ups though and the the windclan tom huffed, commenting on that fact. "Seems the battle did yer clan well though, good on ya'll." Dawnstar of all cats knew how to benefit from battles, he knew well.

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Deputy
she/her | 42 moons
[Large black cat with a half white muzzle and a pale green eye]
Purrks: Beefed Up T3, Shadow Fiend
⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The Chariot ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Asking about patrols? Hm... Mistlewhisker considered his conundrum. She definitely had that problem. "First offense, set the expectation of them coming to you. Second, extra patrol duty, usually served with me. It could be the next day, as long as the apprentice eventually gets the patrol experience they missed, as well as a reminder. Third offense, demotion for a moon. If they cannot be bothered to learn, then they should spend time being a kit again." The ShadowClan deputy canted her head. "My goal is to ensure patrols are completed, even if they have to happen later. The incompetence of warriors should not be an excuse to neglect training." Hell, it shouldn't even happen in the first place. Warriors who couldn't be bothered to complete their duties made her claws itch. She wouldn't mention the more serious punishments warriors got now. Ever since exile or execution was threatened, the clan seemed to clean up their act. She was not looking forward to the next time she would have to exile someone for missing a patrol.

She smirked as Crowtooth walked her through his fights. "That little apprentice Lionheart, Springburst? She tried to get between me and a RiverClan warrior." Honorable, but foolish. "Did not end well for either of them. Though she did give me this." Mistlewhisker licked at a scarred-over gash on her shoulder. The molly had fought fiercely, and if she wasn't dead in whatever bush her body had landed in, Mistlewhisker would consider a rematch. "Congratulations to your apprentice." She meowed. Learning through battle made the best warriors.

Dawnstar stepped up, beginning the Gathering in full. Mistlewhisker twisted her long neck up so she could watch her leader, taking a moment to marvel at the figure she cut in the moonlight. Then she felt a little stupid, so she looked away. As she finished her updates, Crowtooth's smug chuckle caught the deputy's ear.

Mistlewhisker glanced around before letting a broad smile bloom on her maw for a brief heartbeat before fading again. "Squirrelrise was my apprentice." And my daughter. "That group of warriors is very promising. Two of them became Enforcers immediately." Even though Squirrelrise hadn't made the cut this time, she could sense that the new warrior was shooting for the stars. She knew she was bragging, but pride was one of the emotions Mistlewhisker showed best.

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (Outsider) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig art by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!

Last edited by Mica; Yesterday at 11:17 PM.