Last post by Neptune.
Today 05:07 PM

Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM

Bump Policy: 36 hours
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: ShadowClan Warriors' Den

Darkleaf
they/she - 56 moons

Nights never seemed to slip by as peacefully as Darkleaf would like them to. More often than not, she found herself rolling around in her nest, trying her hardest not to make too much noise. Once night fell, it was as if time itself stood still, or at least slowed. Normally, they'd pop out for a bit of night hunting, but hey, that wasn't even possible at the moment, was it? A fellow clan mate simply killing other's terrified her. Why? After living a whole life here, after being welcome in the clan? Who are you, and, how dare you? It was far too much to just lie here. Sharply, the pale warrior sat up, emerald eyes piercing through the den as though they were strange green flames. Maybe she'd make eye contact with a fellow waking cat, it wasn't rare in ShadowClan.

[open!]

Last edited by sleepyyjax; Yesterday at 03:04 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Silverlark |
20 Moons - StarClan Warrior

Shadow Fiend - Inactive | Just a Scratch - Active | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive | Spirit Encounter [2] - Active

Mousepaw! Get up, darling. Please, please, please get up.

Dark. Everything was so dark. How long had he been asleep? It felt like far too long. He'd begun shortly after his thoughts stopped making sense. He'd never been the brightest, he knew that. But everything had become so... jumbled up. So nonsensical. He'd stayed hidden because he didn't want his friends to find him, even though he had wanted to do nothing more than howl at how lonely he was. How lonely he still felt. And yet... that voice. Mousepaw? He hadn't been a paw named Mouse in a very long time. In fact, he'd carried the moniker of Silver for longer than he'd carried the one of Mouse. Or had it been the same amount of time? He didn't know anymore. Time had stopped making sense to him in his sleep. But he'd recognize that sorrowful voice anywhere.

"Auntie... Larky?"

Verdant eyes opened, the dimness of the den proving to be far too luminous. His eyes had been closed for so long, it seemed any light was too bright. It took him some time to get used to it. To blink away the spots that made his vision swim. Once he had grown accustomed to the light, the gray pelt of the cat that had once been so close to him became familiar to him alongside her obvious distress. Instantly concerned for the she-cat, the tom stood up, rushing towards her, raising up on two paws so he could reach her face. A moot point, the little tom far too small to reach regardless, pudgy legs losing balance as he fell on his tail.

An angry scowl marred his face, whiskers trembling with frustration as he turned to look at his hindquarters accusingly. You'd think after resting for stars knew for how long they would be ready for a walk! But to think that they wouldn't even let him raise enough to touch noses with... Wait... When had Lostspark gotten so big? He'd gotten larger than her some moons ago, hadn't he? And why was his pelt so shiny? Oh oh! Auntie Larky must have cleaned it super nice, mmhmmm. Probably when she brought along that big gray tom that was sleeping in his nest with- Excuse... Was that Crusher?! Nu uh. Crusher was his friend, not this ugly, scarred tom's! Stinky, too! Looked just like Elmshadow, hmph hmp-

Oh...

It made sense now. Why Auntie Larky was so down. Why his pelt was so shiny and filled with stars. Gingerly, he gazed down at one of his paws, taking note of the soft, untested paw pads. The folds of skin as if his body was preparing for a growth spurt. His voice had certainly seemed squeakier than he remembered it, come to think of it... He didn't understand. Why he looked so young. Why he had reverted back to a Mousekit. No... not a Mousekit. He was still Silverlark. His mind hadn't gone back to match his body. And yet... it felt... right. It felt like home. Like the happiness he hadn't felt since his Hazely had gone.

Gingerly, he looked up at Lostspark yet again, wondering if her sightless eyes could see him. He'd never really felt unseen by her. Not in the literal sense of the word, in any case. But then... he was never the brightest. Maybe he just couldn't tell the difference. Unsure if it would work, the stocky, kit sized warrior took his paw and attempted to place it over his Auntie's in a comforting fashion. He knew she hadn't had time for him after she became a medicine cat. After she'd had so many kits. How could there be time for a cat like him? She'd taken pity on him and tolerated him best she could when she'd had the time. For that, he'd always be grateful. And he hoped she knew it. If he had a single regret, it was never having told her thank you for being there for him for the time she was. He still carried her name with pride, even if she'd lost her own.

"Yous know, Auntie Larky... When mum died. And when Hazely died. And then Rising... and Starrywrenny... and Stinkyshadow... They all died and I wasn't there for them. I left them all alone. And I was scared, yous know... 'Cause I thought... I thought I was going to go all alone too. I forgots though. Forgots my Auntie was the best thought hearer in ShadowClan and she would hear me again when I needed her most," he chirped happily, an adoring smile lighting up his face as he felt his own eyes moisten, the sad look on the molly's face infectious even as he tried cheering her up.

He was dead. He knew this now. But he didn't want to make anyone cry. It was okay. It was alright. He'd be alright! He was going to go meet with his Hazely and his Rising and his Starrywrenny and his mum now! Rounded ears perked up at this thought, and he didn't know if it was his imagination, but he was sure he could hear one of them calling his name. Wanting for him to join in on some game. He'd meet up with them soon. Just as soon as he said goodbye. He never got a goodbye from his family. And that broke his heart. Maybe if he got to say goodbye now, Auntie Larky wouldn't cry no more.

"I think I have to go to new home now. But but... It's been fun here. It's been fun. It wouldn't have been old home without yous. I know it's a lot but... Can I ask a favors of yous? Can you tell the others I said bye? Please? Oh! And Flashies. She's a good paw. She's a little shy, but super smart smart. Smarterer than me, heh heh. Can yous... Can you also tell her I'm proud?"

Even as he spoke, he could feel it. His grasp in this world was slipping. It was time to go to the stars. Back to his family, where he belonged. Where he would belong outside of his friend's dreams. Until they went up and joined him up there as well... Hopefully not in a long time. He would miss them, yes yes. But... he wanted them to live a good, happy, long life. A purr rumbling in his chest, he tried standing on his hind legs again, this time with more grace, knowing his body was not what he was used to anymore. Slowly, Silverlark made to give the gray enforcer a tiny lick on her nose. His body almost gone at this point, she would probably be unable to feel it... but it was the thought that counted, right?

"I love yous, Auntie Larky. Goodbye."

@Rose [Lostspark]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old Today, 03:21 PM

Bump Policy: Never

Insert orchidghost and houndsnap post here (closed)