Old June 29th, 2024, 01:41 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Starry Meadow

| Dapplebreeze |
69 Moons - WindClan Fury Lieutenant

Agatha Kitty - Active | Silver Tongue - Active | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive

Silent, round paws padded through the meadows, sorrowful eyes keeping to the stars as the WindClan fury made the rounds, ensuring everything was at peace in the clan's territory. She did not enjoy this. The solitude. Not today. It made her feel the loss of her darling Brightpaw all the more soundly.

Was the young paw lost to the stars now, she wondered, or did she walk among them? Dapplebreeze wasn't so self centered as to believe that it was her fault. That some singular action she had made had somehow scared the apprentice away. But she couldn't help wonder once more if she had missed the signs? If perhaps she was too soft on her apprentices? A silly notion in her eyes. How could a cat that had disowned her own son due to his failings be too soft now?

She knew better now, though. Didn't she? How his failings had merely been her own naive views of the world blinding her. Partly. The mate he had chosen, that despicable kittypet... she had proved her worth. Had betrayed the clan and gotten rightfully exiled for it. Not even exiled, really. There had been an order to kill on sight. After having attempted to murder her own kit, there was nothing else to be done. But... she hadn't judged her based on that. And instead she found herself sitting now in the starlight. Mourning those she had lost.

| Open |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old June 29th, 2024, 07:03 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 9 | Purrks: Dreamwalker | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw listened with a slight frown as he looked around some more. He knew that they were dead...or umm... or gone. What Rabbitpaw had been asking was where their bodies were buried, so that he could visit them properly. Perhaps they would even come down to visit him and mama if they visit their graves or something. The apprentice wasn't too sure how Starclan worked, but maybe the kits were too little to remember who mama was and they never met Rabbitpaw so going to their grave to introduce himself was a smart thing to do right. He blinked his green eyes and moved his gaze from the field up to his mom's eyes. A baby brother? That sounded nice, Rabbitpaw was one of the youngest and then everyone... he doesn't have any younger siblings but he wouldn't mind having one. "That sounds nice mama! Vixenkit, that's a nice name. Did you find him like how you found me?" The Young apprentice asked, curious, he was very little and he doesn't remember when Quailheart picked him up all too well to be entirely honest. Though he decided that he should ask his other question as well, "I was wondering where Sweetkit, Wispkit, Sparrowkit, and Nectarkit are buried... they died before I was around right? I need to say hi to them when did you last visit them mama?"
[ @Blazimations - Quailheart ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
My Roleplay Tracker | My Roleplay Policies | My Roleplay Finder
Old July 7th, 2024, 09:08 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Snowybreeze |
26 Moons - WindClan Warrior

Heightened Perception [Smell] - Active | Rapid Recovery - Inactive | The Collector - Inactive | Not Skiddin' Around - Active

Night time was always a time of self reflection for the young warrior, sky blue eyes up towards the stars as they shone and glimmered up above in the cloudless sky. He didn't approach the meadows often. An unshakable guilt always took over him whenever he did. But today he brought gifts. Two flowers. One for his beloved. The other for the father-in-law he had lost. Berryfrost and him had been inseparable. Friends before love had ever bloomed between them. They had become apprentices the same day... had been there for each other through thick and thin. Until the day she died. It brought into perspective just how worthless of an addition he had been in her life...

The breeze ruffled the quiet tom's fur as he left the first bloom upon her grave. He no longer cried at the thought of her. His eyes no longer growing misty and blinking extensively. He... hadn't moved on. He'd found it impossible to. How did one simply forget the cat one loved? Especially after not having been able to live up to the sort of mate she had deserved. Only the best... something Snowybreeze would never be able to accomplish. And yet he felt drawn here once in a while. If only to let her know he had not forgotten her. How else was she to know, after all?

The Maine Coon mix did not speak. He never really did. Not unless forced. Never speak unless spoken to. No one wanted to hear what he had to say for the most part. That was one of the rules of his very existence. A rule that Berryfrost had not been particularly pleased with and vowed to make sure he shook off whenever he was around her. But what could he say now, other than I'm sorry? And what meaning could it possibly carry when he was still alive instead of her?

Dipping his head in solemn farewell, the giant stood, paws heavily leading him towards the next grave. More recently fallen, but just as forgotten it felt of late. WindClan was like the wind in that way, he supposed. Whatever was lost was carried away with the breeze, even the memory of them. Fallownose had been a great deputy, and yet it sometimes felt as if only Twilightstar still remembered him. He knew she must. She hadn't picked a new deputy for a reason, and whoever was picked would have big paws to fill.

A sigh escaping him, Snowybreeze dipped his head once more, depositing his second flower on the gray tom's grave. Another rush of guilt consumed him as he remembered the lost look in the deputy's eyes the last time he had seen him. Attempted to speak to him. The feline had ignored him, but he hadn't blamed him. Like the younger warrior, he had lost Berryfrost as well. Had lost a daughter. And not long after the tom's mate had gone missing. A sting the pale cat could very well understand.

He wasn't much use to anyone. That much he understood. But... maybe... If he had paid more attention, perhaps Fallownose's loss could have been made to feel less lonely. To remind the deputy that he still had some family within the clan, even if it was just... well... him. He wouldn't have gone off to the border all alone. Wouldn't have been ambushed and killed. Yet another failure on his part, he supposed. Stars alive... With his track record, it would be a miracle if he was even allowed into Silverpelt at all.

| Just a post of Snowybreeze visiting his family at Starry Meadows, but open if anyone wants to talk to him. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM
Matching w/ @ghost.

Bump Policy: 48 hours ^^
My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 9 | Purrks: Dreamwalker | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw listened with a slight frown as he looked around some more. He knew that they were dead...or umm... or gone. What Rabbitpaw had been asking was where their bodies were buried, so that he could visit them properly. Perhaps they would even come down to visit him and mama if they visit their graves or something. The apprentice wasn't too sure how Starclan worked, but maybe the kits were too little to remember who mama was and they never met Rabbitpaw so going to their grave to introduce himself was a smart thing to do right. He blinked his green eyes and moved his gaze from the field up to his mom's eyes. A baby brother? That sounded nice, Rabbitpaw was one of the youngest and then everyone... he doesn't have any younger siblings but he wouldn't mind having one. "That sounds nice mama! Vixenkit, that's a nice name. Did you find him like how you found me?" The Young apprentice asked, curious, he was very little and he doesn't remember when Quailheart picked him up all too well to be entirely honest. Though he decided that he should ask his other question as well, "I was wondering where Sweetkit, Wispkit, Sparrowkit, and Nectarkit are buried... they died before I was around right? I need to say hi to them when did you last visit them mama?"
[ @Blazimations - Quailheart ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!

[I AM ETERNALLY FORGETTING THIS]

Quailheart's soft brown gaze met Rabbitpaw's, and she smiled slightly as she thought about Vixenkit. A lovely little baby for sure. "Similarly, dear. His mama died, so I took him in. He has three paws, and wants to be a tunneler." She purred, sore tail giving one flick to shoo away an approaching ladybug. But the Pain Pain thinking about her other kits had her smile being forced. Eyes were somber, but she was happy to be with Rabbitbaby anyway. Brown tinted paws shifted as she rose to her paws, a jab of unsteadiness overtaking her legs and lightheadedness clouding her thoughts for a moment before she managed to overcome it for the most part. She didn't want to dry heave now. Never, actually. But especially not now. So with a soft chirrup she nuzzled her cream pelted adoptee. "Of course we can see them." She reassured, looking over to where their Graves were. Before she got sick she had visited them often."Right over there, baby." Quailheart mewed, turning and plodding toward the burial site of her beloved kits. She looked down at the Graves forlorn for a moment,, before swiveling her head to face Rabbitpaw. "Right here. This ones Wispkit, This is Dustykit, right here's Sweetkit." She informed. "Nectarpaw and Sparrowswoop... I don't know where they are. But they were a warrior and an apprentice, love." Quailheart turned back to the graves with a faltered smile that she forced to perk up again..

:3

Paris, Alec, Bean, Glitch, Indy, XxGhostStarsxX, PeanutCash, Morrigan, Dolomedes, Marigoldwhisper, and iliri all reside in here. They will never escape :>

Old Today, 08:34 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

She/Her | ft. Berryfrost

[ Monkey's Paw Active ]

For the longest time, silence ruled. It encompassed all, a quiet presence but unyielding. There was darkness, there was a sense of four other specks in this endless void, a bond forged from death, unbroken even by life. It existed, and it did not. It both lasted forever, and it was the mere blink of an eye. One moment, there was nothing.

The next, a gasp, a desperate inhale, air filling previously empty lungs. Something bright filtering through the soil. Something thudding fast inside. Speeding up. What was happening? What was this? Limbs flailed, tiny ivory claws digging through the rain-moistened soil. Suffocating, no air to breathe. The earlier drizzle had cleared by now, but a desperate race for life had begun as a paw reached for safety. A gasp as the kitten crawled free, dirt-browned paw landing on the flower that had been placed on her mother's grave not so long ago, the energy seeping out as exhaustion hit.

[ Spiritual Encounter Active ]

And so Berryfrost bore witness to her wish coming to life, a force beyond StarClan granting the desperate plea she'd made when seeing Snowybreeze, her mate, her love, so alone, so bereft. It was... frankly not the prettiest of sights, but a mother would never find any flaws in her children. Five kittens, dirt-covered and shivering, both new and familiar, and everything in between. For a minute, Berryfrost watched them, heart in her throat, eyes misty with tears, heart swelling with love.

Still, she only had a little time. No matter how much it hurt to leave them there, Berryfrost turned to go after her former mate. These grounds where she'd been buried, these lands she hadn't visited often before her death because they'd only just moved camps after the fire. Chasing after her mate's distant figure, Berryfrost only slowed upon nearing him, her paws faltering. "Snowybreeze..." She whispered, voice wavering. Guilt threatened to overtake her for dumping this on him. Her longing had brought this. What if he didn't want it, what if she was shoving a burden onto him instead of a reason for happiness?

A string was tugging at her heart, and Berryfrost realized she was running out of time. She was being called back to StarClan, her glowing form flickering in and out. A candle being doused. "Snowybreeze, I..." The pale molly's words cut off as she gasped softly, rushing up to him, wanting, yearning to press herself into his side. Pretending that she could. Pretending that he could hold her one last time.

A desperate fantasy.

"I'm so sorry-" She began rambling. "So sorry for leaving and not knowing and- and- you're all alone and I hate seeing you all alone and I waited and waited to see if you'd be happier but you're so sad Snowybreeze and IloveyouandithurtsandImissyou." Tears dripped down her face, dissolving into nothing as they hit the grass. A reminder that she did not exist on this plane.

"I don't w-want you to be all a-alone, Snowybreeze. I-" Her words cut out as she faded out of existence for a moment, and then reappeared duller and weaker than before. "-Kits." Her peppered form flickered again, panic rife in her eyes. Her time was running out, and if the kits weren't found in time, she wasn't sure if they would survive. She wasn't sure if Snowybreeze had ever suspected. "I'm so s-sorry for springing t-this on you, Snowybreeze. I was expecting kits when I.. died, and I- I didn't want t-them never to live. They deserve to have a life, even without m-me, so I... I wished for it." She rasped out.

"It d-doesn't make sense, I know, but they're alive, they're-" Her head whipped around, mismatched eyes glancing back in the direction of Starry Meadow. "They're there, Snowybreeze. By my... grave." The words were hard to say, the truth harder to swallow. Something she'd always wanted - to raise kits. Something she'd never be able to have. But her countenance was bright, with hope. "I hope..." Her eyes were soft, with love, with longing, with sadness. "I hope they'll bring you happiness." At least, she hoped they'd make him happier than he had been.

"I love you so much, but I will never hold it against you if you find another to love. Please know that, Snowynose." She breathed softly, the nickname her very own version a term of endearment, and then disappeared. Back on the StarClan plane, Berryfrost stared down at her family, heart breaking with want. She wanted to be down there, with them, wanted to be-

A flash of white, briefly blinding, and then Berryfrost was elsewhere, mind fuzzy with confusion as the curse took hold. Where was she? What had she been doing? It felt like something important, something she could not remember. The eggshell-colored molly sat there, staring blankly at the sway of grass in the breeze. What was so important she needed to remember, but could not?

[ @Alchemist Kitsune - Snowybreeze & Cardinalkit / @Omari - Seedkit / @burntToast - Jaggedkit / @Dolomedes - Frostkit ]

Leaving them feeling betrayed.
Breaking the bonds that you've made.

Last edited by Rose; Today at 08:37 PM.