Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Springlight
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by ---Bluestar---
Today 05:57 PM
Hello hello!!
by Bonsai
Last post by Bonsai
Today 05:56 PM
Calmer times
Last post by ---Bluestar---
Today 05:42 PM
Twilight Falls
by Ian
Last post by sleepyyjax
Today 05:33 PM

Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM
yes, it's me again

Bump Policy: please don't bump ^^
My Mood: Confused
Default Softpaw's Training [P]

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Warrior |

The Clan meeting was finally drawing to a close. It was time for Heroneye to actually act like a mentor. As the meeting had gone on, she had been scouring her mind, searching for memories of her own training. She had a hard time remembering the finer details of that period, but she at least had a somewhat decent idea of how it was expected to go, at least. It was just enough to help her feel a bit more confident about the whole situation.

Softpaw had mentioned wanting to learn the hunter’s crouch in particular, so she decided it would be best to start with land hunting. Heroneye had gone hunting in this territory before and knew that it was considerably harder to hunt there than back at the forest due to the lack of cover, but not impossible. Heroneye was somewhat intimidated by the prospect of teaching in such conditions, but she at least knew that hunting here would make hunting back home seem just that much easier. Once the apprentice seemed confident in her abilities and had managed to catch at least one piece of prey, she could then move on to hunting in the river. Water hunting was more or less the same here, so that shouldn’t be too much of an issue, she figured. Though she may want to explain some swimming fundamentals for the sake of keeping the younger cat out of danger.

Heroneye stood, facing her apprentice. “Looks like it’s time to get going.” Shooting a glance at the camp exit, she added, “Are you ready?”

(let the training begin!!)

( @SeonghwaBerry )
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM
지금이 우리의 파도라면 두려워하지 말고 더 힘

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: Sick

Default Re: Softpaw's Training [P]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye

The Clan meeting was finally drawing to a close. It was time for Heroneye to actually act like a mentor. As the meeting had gone on, she had been scouring her mind, searching for memories of her own training. She had a hard time remembering the finer details of that period, but she at least had a somewhat decent idea of how it was expected to go, at least. It was just enough to help her feel a bit more confident about the whole situation.

Softpaw had mentioned wanting to learn the hunter’s crouch in particular, so she decided it would be best to start with land hunting. Heroneye had gone hunting in this territory before and knew that it was considerably harder to hunt there than back at the forest due to the lack of cover, but not impossible. Heroneye was somewhat intimidated by the prospect of teaching in such conditions, but she at least knew that hunting here would make hunting back home seem just that much easier. Once the apprentice seemed confident in her abilities and had managed to catch at least one piece of prey, she could then move on to hunting in the river. Water hunting was more or less the same here, so that shouldn’t be too much of an issue, she figured. Though she may want to explain some swimming fundamentals for the sake of keeping the younger cat out of danger.

Heroneye stood, facing her apprentice. “Looks like it’s time to get going.” Shooting a glance at the camp exit, she added, “Are you ready?”

(let the training begin!!)

( @SeonghwaBerry )
Softpaw watched the meeting come to a close. Running to Sweetsap the moment she could and curling up in her mothers praises and good wishes. Softpaw then purred goodbye and went back to her mentor. After a moment of sitting she was asked if she was ready to go. "To train? Of course!" The apprentice purred

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever"
- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw

Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed up <3
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM
yes, it's me again

Heroneye

Heroneye gave a firm nod and started towards the camp exit, glancing over her shoulder to ensure that Softpaw was following. She would bring the apprentice near the river, she decided, to make it easier to incorporate both aspects of the hunting lesson. Additionally, Heroneye had spent the most time there out of any place in the territory thus far (as was to be expected of most RiverClan cats, after all), so she knew that area best. She did want to dedicate some time to exploring the mountains more, but it simply made more sense to stick to a more familiar place where she knew there were few treacherous crags and cliffs, at least for that lesson.

“It will be more difficult hunting here than back home,” Heroneye warned as she walked, kicking up small puffs of gravel and dust as she went. “At home, there’s much more cover. Bushes and the like. There’s nothing wrong with a little challenge, though, right?” she added, not wanting to discourage the apprentice. Most young cats liked competition, Heroneye was fairly certain, and would respond well to such pressure when it could be turned into a sort of game. In any case, she hadn’t any reason to believe that Softpaw would have too much trouble.

“Alright,” Heroneye spoke again, coming to a stop in a small area of flat land. “I believe that this is a good spot to get started.” She turned, head raised towards the sun. The sound of rushing water was close, but the river wasn’t visible from that area.

( @SeonghwaBerry )
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM

Quote:

Heroneye

Heroneye gave a firm nod and started towards the camp exit, glancing over her shoulder to ensure that Softpaw was following. She would bring the apprentice near the river, she decided, to make it easier to incorporate both aspects of the hunting lesson. Additionally, Heroneye had spent the most time there out of any place in the territory thus far (as was to be expected of most RiverClan cats, after all), so she knew that area best. She did want to dedicate some time to exploring the mountains more, but it simply made more sense to stick to a more familiar place where she knew there were few treacherous crags and cliffs, at least for that lesson.

“It will be more difficult hunting here than back home,” Heroneye warned as she walked, kicking up small puffs of gravel and dust as she went. “At home, there’s much more cover. Bushes and the like. There’s nothing wrong with a little challenge, though, right?” she added, not wanting to discourage the apprentice. Most young cats liked competition, Heroneye was fairly certain, and would respond well to such pressure when it could be turned into a sort of game. In any case, she hadn’t any reason to believe that Softpaw would have too much trouble.

“Alright,” Heroneye spoke again, coming to a stop in a small area of flat land. “I believe that this is a good spot to get started.” She turned, head raised towards the sun. The sound of rushing water was close, but the river wasn’t visible from that area.

( @SeonghwaBerry )
Nodding gently, Softpaw followed. Her eyes bright and wondering and she exited camp for the first time. "That means when we get home it'll be easy for me to hunt." Softpaw purred gently, "And it'll be harder for you..... i'm just now learning so it'll be normal for me..... which will make me a more advanced hunter..... not than you of course! But uh..... yes..." Softpaw stuttered in her excitement. Stopping and staring around, the small apprentice watched her mentor.

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever"
- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw

Old Today, 03:01 PM
yes, it's me again

Heroneye

A half smile crossed Heroneye’s face. “Maybe you will be. More advanced than me, that is. Never say never and all that.” Truth be told, Heroneye doubted that surpassing her own hunting abilities would be much of a feat. But humoring the apprentice was the right thing to do, right? Maybe it would be good motivation.

“When it comes to hunting prey, one couldn’t possibly expect prey to come to one, but it is equally unwise to expect to catch anything by walking up to it normally. That’s the purpose of the hunter’s crouch; to allow mobility while also making oneself as small as possible.” Heroneye slipped into a hunter’s crouch herself. It was a bit awkward, using it without actually hunting, but it was all for the sake of demonstration. “You should be about low enough to feel your underfur brush against the ground, but not so much that you feel as though you’re dragging yourself along. Make sure your head and tail are low to the ground as well.”

Heroneye stood back up, turning back to Softpaw. “Alright. Can you try it?” Heroneye hoped that she had explained it properly. Once the apprentice got the form down, Heroneye would have her try to walk around a bit in that position.

( @SeonghwaBerry )
Old Today, 05:26 PM

Quote:

Heroneye

A half smile crossed Heroneye’s face. “Maybe you will be. More advanced than me, that is. Never say never and all that.” Truth be told, Heroneye doubted that surpassing her own hunting abilities would be much of a feat. But humoring the apprentice was the right thing to do, right? Maybe it would be good motivation.

“When it comes to hunting prey, one couldn’t possibly expect prey to come to one, but it is equally unwise to expect to catch anything by walking up to it normally. That’s the purpose of the hunter’s crouch; to allow mobility while also making oneself as small as possible.” Heroneye slipped into a hunter’s crouch herself. It was a bit awkward, using it without actually hunting, but it was all for the sake of demonstration. “You should be about low enough to feel your underfur brush against the ground, but not so much that you feel as though you’re dragging yourself along. Make sure your head and tail are low to the ground as well.”

Heroneye stood back up, turning back to Softpaw. “Alright. Can you try it?” Heroneye hoped that she had explained it properly. Once the apprentice got the form down, Heroneye would have her try to walk around a bit in that position.

( @SeonghwaBerry )
Softpaw's fluffy tail went up in amusment. Watching her mentor carefully she gave a small attentive nod. "Important....." Softpaw copied her mentor, her tail sticking out a bit lower than it should, her fur was brushing the ground a lot as she had longer fur than her clanmates. Besides that Softpaw's crouch was decent.

- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here