Today 06:26 AM

Old July 5th, 2024, 10:14 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

| Lightningstorm |
19 Moons - WindClan Medicine Cat
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive

The medicine cat instantly began prodding at the pink caps without restraint at the apprentice's okay. Much as her memory lapsed of late, she knew for certain she had never encountered anything like this in her life. It was a gut feeling, only. An instinct. But one she would gladly trust... because otherwise she knew without a doubt that she would know how to get rid of these things.

She wouldn't try and bite down on the things. The molly had already stated she'd done as much. To do so felt like an insult. As if she did not trust the calico's judgement. And in earnest, she couldn't find a single reason to lie here. It was clear she wanted the darn things off. Perhaps an ointment to make them slippery? But did she have such a thing at her disposal? All poultices she dealt with were sticky and would no doubt be more prone to adhere the oddities to her claws even more. And yet... something had torn at least one of them off, had it not?

With a single, delicate claw, Lightningstorm attempted to find a spot to grasp. Anything that she could use to her leverage to remove the darned things. In a way, she did manage to find what she sought. There was a connecting point in one of these caps, and yet, try as much as she could, it would not pry off. How very interesting. Undeterred, she turned lapis hues on the apprentice's own eyes, curiosity gleaming in them as she spoke.

"This one here," the herbalist mewed, toe gently tapping at the freed claw. "Was it always like this? Mismatched from the rest? Or did it come off somehow?"

She doubted that the singular, capless claw had been as such from the start. Whoever had covered her paw's deadly weapons must have done so for a reason. No doubt to not get scratched. Why else go through such extensive trouble? If so, that would mean she had lost one at some point or another. Knowledge on what had led to that might help. Or... it might give hope. As much as they clung to her claws... perhaps they weren't as permanent as they appeared to be at a glance?

@Neptune. [Lichenpaw]
| So sorry this took a bit longer than I intended to get back to. Between the event healings and the patrols my Lightningstorm posts have been swamped. Apologies! |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old July 7th, 2024, 02:22 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

At least the kid seemed relatively calm about the whole 'going to the medicine den' thing. Deadmoon wasn't an expert on kits, but she was fairly certain that she herself would have been freaking out just a bit at the thought when she was younger. She was still a bit nervous about it to be honest, because that meant she would have messed up. And Lightningstorm would probably have a lecture ready. Not her idea of a good time, no siree. But this time the injury in question wasn't her fault, she had simply been a bystander, and the medicine cat was unlikely to loose it with a kit. How could you, when the kid looked so pathetic?

Placing her passenger carefully on the floor of the medicine den, Deadmoon realized she would probably have to explain the situation. Oh joy. Well, it hadn't been her fault. If Lightningstorm wanted to get huffy about an injury she had no way of predicting or preventing, Deadmoon couldn't stop her. But she could get grumpy back. Hey Lightningstorm? Owlkit took a bit of a tumble from the top of a den, and got all covered in thorns and whatnot. Normally I wouldn't want to bother you because she didn't want to deal with a grumpy medicine cat but she's complaining about her eyes. SCARY. Eyes were very important and Deadmoon didn't want to accidentally mess them up! It might just be dust? But I was hoping you could check? Just in case? Please let it just be dust, please let it just be dust and overdramatic kits. @Alchemist Kitsune @Blaaze (Sorry, I am very slow!!)
Old July 7th, 2024, 11:32 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |
20 Moons - WindClan Medicine Cat
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive

Pink tongue poking lightly out of Lightningstorm's mouth, the she-cat found herself grooming her short, smooth coat, ensuring the pale fur remained thus. A much harder task than most would probably assume, considering she lived underground and had to consistently task herself with making poultices for just about every cat. She enjoyed her job, of course. Found plenty of joy in it. But there was no denying how abysmally messy it could be at times.

Large ears perked up as she heard her name called by one of the cats of the clan. The voice was... distantly familiar. As if her mind was trying to catch up to a bit of knowledge that loomed ever further away. A mild itch at the back of her mind that she simply could not scratch at. And yet the message was clear. A kit was hurt. Dust in the eye after a topple from a den. Gratefully, the dens of WindClan were fairly low to the ground, dug into for more space inside as opposed to tall on their own. With the obvious exception of the leader's den... but then, she assumed there would have been a mention of that.

To be on the safe side, the herbalist grabbed some first aid blooms, taking along her trusty moss. As she padded across the tunnels of the den, she stopped by the stream, making sure to fully soak the moss. She would much prefer to have celandine at this point in time. Something to ensure the eye would be cleared up without problems. Unfortunately, it seemed her past self had either not found it relevant enough to keep it stocked up - unlikely, if she considered it of any degree of importance now - or she had simply not found any. A shortage of some kind? Possibly. There were a number of reasons why such a thing could happen, after all.

Reaching the entrance chamber, she soon spotted the warrior alongside the young troublemaker, evidently not fully aware of why she was in this den to begin with. Whiskers twitching with mild amusement, she was glad to see that there seemed to be precious little wrong with the kit, although she would rather get to that eye as swiftly as possible. Tail twitching lazily behind her, attempting an air of calm, every day chatter, Lightningstorm deposited her moss on the stone she kept at the entrance for the making of poultices. A smooth stone with an odd, dipped center. Making sure it would go nowhere, she turned her attention towards her patient, a small grin lighting up her features.

"Well looks like someone's trying to get to all sorts of trouble today, eh? Small bit of advise for the future though, love. If you're going to go around causing mischief, there's two important rules to follow. One, make sure you can get out of it alright. Two, make sure no one catches ya. Now, come 'ere real quick. Gotta check those precious eyeballs of yours. Make sure they still work proper so you can cause all other sorts of mayhem in the future," the calico chirped, sitting down as casually as she could, coaxing the kit towards her in a playful fashion, hoping it would make the checkup go smoothly.

"So tell me," she added in a teasing tone, not taking her eyes off the kit as an ear twitched in the direction of the warrior. "Did you see what den she fell from in her quest for the thorniest pelt I ever did see?"

@gs29513 [Deadmoon] | @Blaaze [Owlkit]
| Going by the healing form, I am assuming that Owlkit is not meant to lose her eyesight and some drops of water in her eye to clear it should be fine? After that get rid of all the pesky thorns and she should be in the clear? If not let me know, please. |

Old July 9th, 2024, 09:38 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |

She'd left the clearing and entered her den in an instant, searching for marigold and moss. Normally just cobwebs would be good for bandaging, but she wanted something plush that would further protect the area from trauma while it healed. Cobwebs might have the absorbing part down just fine, but moss had the right of way when it came to comfort needing injuries. And a lost eye? Couldn't think of many injuries more dire than that. Despite the warrior's nonchalant attitude toward having had an eye ripped out, the medic opted to grab a few poppy seeds as well. Perhaps it was the adrenaline keeping him on his toes. If so, he would be feeling that pain once it started to settle down. Best give some preemptive pain medication... just in case. Worst case scenario he got some much needed rest while he healed.

Reaching the entrance chamber, Lightningstorm's whiskers twitched, half amused half frustrated. To her knowledge, there was no need for quite this many cats inside her den. She was used to working alone, it seemed. Still, it would appear that the two warriors were close enough, so if it kept her patient happy and the uninjured one would stay out of her way, she would tolerate it just fine for now. The apprentice, on the other paw, seemed to be quite familiar with her den. Odd. Had she had him in here before? Probably. He seemed more attached to her than most other felines in the clan as a whole, although that could very well be her mind playing tricks on her. He seemed to get injured often enough that she had already gotten well acquainted to him in an admittedly short period of time. Dropping some of the herbs she'd brought along, she handed the moss ball she normally kept with her to Rabbitpaw. She could keep an eye on him while he moistened the moss, and it would help her make the poultice much more swiftly as well.

"Here you go, love. Since you know where the stream is, go moisten this up for me, right? I'll be making a poultice for your friend here in the meantime to make sure he don't go succumbing to infection. No need to bring anything else, though. I've brought my herbs, thank you kindly. I tend to prefer my herb stores stay mine, if it's all the same. Might need to start scratching a few ears off if I start finding cobwebs out of places," she joked, gaze turned to the uninjured warrior with a mild warning to them.

She wasn't sure where it came from. This discomfort at the mention of entering the herb storage. It was a bit strange to her, that the cat seemingly knew exactly where she kept them despite the fact that they were deep within the tunnels and burrows of her den. The stream ran down the length of her den. Knowledge on it was all well and good... but the stores? More than that, however, there was a protective compulsion surrounding them. Almost... aggressively so. She ignored it, assuming it was merely that frustration from before rearing its head in. They really did talk a lot in the clearing before she'd had to haul her bloody arse out of her den and called them over. Instead, she offered the injured one two poppy seeds, a small smirk tugging at her lips.

"And for you, warrior who can apparently get through a bloody eye gouged like if it had been nothing more than a friendly stroll through the territory... Here. You might not be feeling it now, but I can assure you, you will soon enough. Now, let's see then. Let me take a look. Might be able to save something... you never know," the healer mewed handing the two seeds to the tom as she turned her attention upon his gouged eye, hoping against hope that there was something she could do for the tom despite the knowledge that it was no doubt a lost cause from the start.

@Spider. [Tallgrass] | @Tallstar [Stonetail] | @Dolomedes [Rabbitpaw]
| No worries, aware he loses the eye! Lightningstorm is just making sure. Once he drinks the poppy seeds he will have his wound cleaned up and bandaged, and he'll be good to go with Stonetail! Sorry for the wait. Had to wrangle up and finish the event posts before I could go back to regularly scheduled Lightningstorm healing programing. |

Old July 11th, 2024, 07:49 AM
Matching w/ @ghost.

Bump Policy: 48 hours ^^
My Mood: Dark

Although utterly miserable and lacking most of her sight, Owlkit had accepted her fate and dragged herself over to Lightningstorm. But the advice was something the loudmouth was physically unable to resist defying. "Was jus' tryna getta flow'r!" She protested with a squeak, short tail puffed up. But causing mayhem wasn't that bad. "Flow'r for Bi-- Twi'ghtstar." cats didn't seem to UNDERSTAND that Twilightstar n Bigcat were the same cat. Silly clanmates! So the thorny devil cat took it upon herself to let them know who she was talking about. What a gracious feline she was! The cinnamon tortoiseshell plopped on her bottom, her one floppy ear flicking. The thorniest pelt ever? That wasn't her quest! But curiosity got the better of her. Did she set a record? But her eyes hurt and she was supposed to look miserable but she wasn't anymore. Aw man, now she had to act. Sucks. Nope, she's bad at this. "Do hav' thorni'st pelt you've e'er seen?" She piped up. No conversation with adults could escape her squeaking interruption.

"Underground look around not a sound can escape
Freakin out I'm how many hours away!"

Paris, Alec, Bean, Glitch, Indy, XxGhostStarsxX, PeanutCash, Morrigan, Dolomedes, Marigoldwhisper, and iliri all reside in here. They will never escape :>

Old July 11th, 2024, 07:54 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Deadmoon was still quite anxious about the state of Owlkit's eyes, but Lightningstorm didn't seem overly concerned so perhaps there wasn't likely to be damage? Hopefully? She was far from an expert on potential thorn-based injuries. All Deadmoon knew was not to step on them, and that had gotten her through life alright. But Owlkit, in her short life, had already had a very close encounter with them. It didn't seem to have dented her enthusiasm for, well, life however. She was still jabbering away, apparently PROUD that she might have set a record for how thorny one could get. Deadmoon wasn't entirely sure that was something to take pleasure in, but who knew with kits.

What she was able to do was answer Lightningstorm's question. She was on the nursery, probably waking every other kit with her rustling about. Deadmoon replied, trying her best to match the light tone of the younger molly's voice. Normally she was all for making light of things, goodness knew she wasn't great at dealing with anything more complex than mild surprise or sadness or happiness, but she was maybe forcing the tone a bit in this case. Regardless, Owlkit seemed to be perking up a bit with no help required from her, so nothing too grievous could be wrong. @Alchemist Kitsune @Blaaze
Old July 13th, 2024, 01:23 AM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |

The kit's squeaks of protests coaxed a mock frown on the she-cat, whiskers twitching with amusement despite herself. She definitely couldn't be that hurt if she was this vocal and eager to argue. Of course, true to form, the little mischief maker seemed intrigued by the prospect of the being the thorniest kit Lightningstorm had ever seen. She could use this to her advantage. Perhaps make a game out of removing her thorns if she could to minimize any possible injury. They certainly seemed to be tangled in her pelt more so than piercing flesh. Always a positive. But... first things first. The eye was a priority, no doubt about it.

"Is that so?" the medic responded after the pale she-cat had given her report, a look of relief washing over her.

Turning to glance at the warrior, Lightningstorm allowed a small, grateful smile to crack through her usual smugness before she turned back to the tiny criminal. On close inspection, it seemed that she truly was alright. There seemed to be some dirt in her eye. That would need to leave. Oh, how she wished she had some celandine in her herb storage. A part of her considered testing the bit of coltsfoot she had left, but quickly decided against it. It wasn't toxic, but that didn't necessarily mean that you wanted it in your eyes. Especially when it would appear a bit of water might just do the trick this time.

"Oh aye! So much thorn in that pelt I'd have thought you were a thorn creature if I hadn't been told there was a kit somewhere under there. Now, just a mo' love, gotta get this moss nice and wet. Clear up that eye for you so it doesn't hurt anymore, alright?" the herbalist purred as she lifted herself and walked towards the stream, dropping her moss ball inside it, letting it soak up the cool, refreshing liquid before returning to the orange lass.

"Right. Now, like I said... I need to clear up your eye, little one. And in order to do that, I need you to be very, very brave. Brave as a warrior... no, brave as a leader, even! See, I have water here in this moss. Have you ever seen when a queen or an elder is very sick? They tend to take water for them to drink and get better? Well... the same thing is happening to your eye. It must be proper painful by now, huh? But that's just because it's a little sick. Needs a bit of water to refresh itself. So I am going to help it. But I need you to stay very, very still with your eye as open as you can keep it. If you feel like you suddenly have to close it, that's alright too! We can try something else. But for now, do you think we can try rinsing it out? See if that makes it less painful?" she chirped, holding up the moss ball so the kit could see it before she used it, making certain it didn't touch the floor of her den or gather up any extra debris.

@gs29513 [Deadmoon] | @Blaaze [Owlkit]

Old July 13th, 2024, 08:07 PM
Always

Bump Policy: 1 Day or 2. If I still don't reply is because I'm busy, but mostly not

Mintpaw - A colorpoint gray-blue genderfluid with blue eyes - 9 moons - Glow/glowself

Mintpaw sat at the entrance of the medicine den, trying to ignore the throbbing pain of the dog bite on glow neck. Mintpaw softly said "Lightingpaw? Can I come in?". Glow yet again forgot Lightingstorm was no longer a -paw, an innocent mistake. Mintpaw felt the warm yet chilling trickle of blood on glow scrapes and wounds.
@Alchemist Kitsune

Warning: I might randomly dissapear from the forums and stop replying, posting or whatever, it's because I'm either grounded or taking . A L O N E . . . T I M E . for an overly long time

Purrks
Mintpaw - Mind Reader [Active]
Old Yesterday, 02:37 AM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Active | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive

The metallic taste of blood suddenly flooding the medicine cat's senses, ears perked up, head raising from the comfortable wool it had been nestled in. Nose twitching as she sniffed the air, confirming it was cat's blood what she could smell was all it took for her to spring to her feet, dark limbs taking her with ease through the tunnels of her home, all the way to the place where she kept herbs stored. Lightningstorm knew she hadn't seen her patient yet, but that mattered little to her. She needed to arrive with some level of materials, if only to make sure she could provide first aid on anything that might be labeled an emergency. A small voice making its way through the enclosed space brought her pause, however. Lightningpaw? Whoever was here... must have known her from back when she was an apprentice. Her heart skipped at the prospect. She was certain of it, she had been a named medicine cat for seasons now. Almost a full cycle. It was a knowledge that was ingrained in her as oddly as the herbs that she knew. So... who was this cat who seemed to think she was an apprentice still?

Quiet paws worked on getting what she sought, shoving her curiosity to the back of her mind. There was a time to gain knowledge through her work, but now was not that time. Marigold, cobwebs, and her handy moss to clean injuries. She would come back for poppy seeds if injuries were too dire and pain was severe. Satisfied, however, she rushed through the tunnels once again, forgoing calling back to the feline in leu of the herbs otherwise occupying her maw. The sight she met was... not a cat she was familiar with, the scent not at all WindClan's. Yet here glow was... she could only assume glow was a newer addition to the clan. Perhaps injured on glows way through the territory and saved by a patrol? But then... why assume her name was Lightningpaw?

"Well, don't just stand there, love. Let us help you out, right? Now, that looks like a proper injury you got there. Don't you worry about a thing, though. I'll get a poultice to make sure you are alright. Good as new you'll feel, guaranteed. Going to have to clean you up real quick before we get to that, though. That alright with you?" Lightningstorm chirped as she dropped her herbs, not bothering to correct the naming mistake as she instead made sure to moisten the moss in the stream, getting it ready to clear away grime and blood from the injury.

@Snivellus [Mintpaw]

Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM
Always

Bump Policy: 1 Day or 2. If I still don't reply is because I'm busy, but mostly not

Mintpaw - A colorpoint gray-blue genderfluid with blue eyes - 9 moons - Glow/glowself

Mintpaw stepped in, limping from a birth defect glow had on glow leg, although glow still kept the cast Cowtuft put there when glow was a kit, still nice and clean as glow had taken care of it.
The apprentice sat on a nest, slouching slightly. Mintpaw still looked a bit nervous and insecure, but glow trusted Lightingstorm, as glow knew her since glow was literally born. The colorpoint apprentice waited quietly for Lightingstorm to clean glow wounds, bracing glowself for the posible sting.
Silently, at the few moments glow waited, glow wondered why Lightingstorm didn't recognize glow, maybe she was stressed out? ...Until glow remembered about what happened with the twolegs that recently kidnapped glow, who barely managed to escape. Glow clipped ear, the strange feeling of not being completely oneself. It likely came with a different scent. Yes, it must be that.
@Alchemist Kitsune

Warning: I might randomly dissapear from the forums and stop replying, posting or whatever, it's because I'm either grounded or taking . A L O N E . . . T I M E . for an overly long time

Purrks
Mintpaw - Mind Reader [Active]

Last edited by Snivellus; Yesterday at 12:24 PM.