Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by HerbalTea
Today 07:15 AM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by HerbalTea
Today 07:12 AM
★ ramen's little art shop ★
by ramen
Last post by Daragca
Today 07:12 AM
Hey and Later! Smol TW
by Beanz
Last post by Beanz
Today 07:06 AM
◆ Meet Palekit |...
Last post by Daragca
Today 06:48 AM

Old July 4th, 2024, 09:29 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Trade secrets [p]

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 50 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Dear starclan Rabbitpaw was going to be a warrior soon. Like Crowtooth knew it was going to happen eventually but how fast it had gone was almost startling. Rabbitpaw had raced through battle training then a battle and had nailed hunting with skill few managed. That was saying nothing on his tunneling skills either and, even though the tom didnt really need it at this point, Crowtooth felt now was the time to offer one last optional training session as like a capstone to the apprenticeship.

"Rabbitpaw? Ya up fer a short session today? I wanted ta give ya a chance ta practice the tunnelin' skills ya wanted an' ta polish up anythin' ya still want clarified before yer (eventual) assessment.
Plus theres.... One special skill I aint passed down ta no one I think ya'd be good at."

It was a brutal skill though so it remained to be seen if the apprentice really liked it.

@Dolomedes
Old July 7th, 2024, 08:55 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Trade secrets [p]

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 9 | Purrks: Dreamwalker | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw looked up from his paws as his mentor approached him in the clearing. The apprentice had been looking over his wounds from the attack and before and while he was no medicine cat he was getting better. His paws were completely healed over with some callous and his ear seemed to have mostly scabbed over and started to heal skin of his tears. His nose was set and his legs were still a bit sore but nothing like it was after his adrenaline crash under Miss Lightningstorm’s care. Oh training! Of course! Especially tunneling! The apprentice got to his paws and shook out his fur. “Of course, Crowtooth, do you even have to ask? The apprentice teased.

Though he didn’t think he was that close to an assessment. Surely he wasn’t. Cats get their warrior name around 12 moons right? He was 9 moons. Maybe Crowtooth wasn’t kidding when he said that Rabbitpaw was speeding through his apprenticeship. Oops. Well the older tom didn’t seem to actually be that upset with him so that was good at least. Anyways, tunneling. “Well there’s all sorts I want to learn still and practice, you can never have too much practice, can you? Well anyways isn’t there fighting moves for underground stuff? I haven’t been taught that? Also like general upkeep for the tunnels and building more tunnels. Do you do that? Make new tunnels?” The apprentice rambled through his thoughts as he turned to his mentor. Maybe that was a lot for one outing but Rabbitpaw would mind staying in the tunnels all day if he could. He liked it down there as much as he liked running on the moor! Different loves but love all the same!

Green eyes blinked at Crowtooth’s final words. A special skill passed to no one? He thinks Rabbitpaw is special enough to learn it? That he’d be good at it?! The blonde smiled wide and wagged his tail as he barely contained hopping around in delight at this new information. “I would be honored to be taught this special skill! Thank you Crowtooth!” Really. Thank you. Rabbitpaw doesn’t say that enough.
[ @Rani - Crowtooth ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
My Roleplay Tracker | My Roleplay Policies | My Roleplay Finder
Old July 15th, 2024, 12:32 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Trade secrets [p]

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 50 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Drat he'd never taught Rabbitpaw underground fighting? He knew he'd forgotten something. "Right well that all sounds doable today! I got just the area ya can work on makin' yer first tunnel, it'll also serve as a spot test o' some o' the stuff Ive taught ya, then we can do a spar in there before the final trick so build it well little one~" Not that Rabbitpaw was really little anymore. Little compared to Crowtooth at least, though most were, but larger then he used to be. Still young though.

"Come on, Ill give ya a ramble about tunnel fightin' while we walk. As wit' most thin's lack o' sight an' space is the main difference, aint no dodgin' down there or seein' where yer blows gonna land. So really tunnel fightin' aint much o' a fight an' more of a test ta see who can hit harder faster before the damage becomes not worth it fer the other. Ambushin' from the tunnels is another matter but internal tunnel fightin' aint much."

Crowtooth had really only got into one fight in the tunnels with a fox he'd run across while memoriless and alone and it was.... interesting in hindsight and he was glad he didnt get into it with the badger he stumbled into and proceeded to spend an unknown amount of time playing cat and mouse with. He just ran instead, a smart play.

Guiding Rabbitpaw through the dark tunnels, both toms moving with an ease that belayed their tunneler status and eventually Crowtooth stopped in a section he'd noted as..... Odd in his travels. The ground here was mostly the nice soil that allowed for windclans clean tunnels but somehow there were odd little pockets of thunderclans more clay-y soil, riverclans sandy earth, and shadowclans rocky ground. There were pros to these, as Crowtooth had already talked about using mud or clay to strengthen walls when it dried or the rock and roots often found in these pockets to brace but unless Rabbitpaw recalled his lessons keenly they were simply obstacles to worry about.

This was a test and a lesson, as he'd said and Crowtooth would educate as the apprentice worked, giving tips on what he might wish to do with them.

"Alrighty, yer workin' on this wall an' choice is yers on if yer makin' a den or a passage but as ya work I want ya to think on somethin'. Most every tunnel, natural or not has what I like ta call a 'stress point'. Some are more strong then others but there tends ta be a root, or a stick, or a rock or just a very central wall that when hit can brin' the section down. As ya dig bear in mind where ya might be creatin' one an' try an' keep it strong.

Signs may be a section that takes extra effort ta stop from bein' crumbly or is a different unstable type o' soil but dont have ta be. Can be other stuff though so yer gonna learn an notice by experience.

Get ta work kiddo!"
While Crowtooth did the best part of being a mentor, getting to sit on his ass and 'supervise'.

@Dolomedes