by Luna16
Last post by bigbxdwolfz
Today 09:59 AM
swimming paws [swimming...
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 09:35 AM

Old July 6th, 2024, 06:33 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Silverpaw's training

Mudhound
Thunderclan Hornet | They/them | 35 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

Right so the incident in the clearing had kinda.... delayed things and Mudhound had to hear another earful about Silverpaws ex mentor and keeping on top of things (it'd been just like two days!) so it was time to get cracking and make sure the apprentice had a smooth transfer from four legged to tripod life.

Well.... as smooth as you could be kinda hobbling everywhere on account of the missing leg and the trauma that no doubt came with it. Smooth probably wasnt a good word then.

Welp time to gather the apprentice and so, one sunny morning the tripod peaked into the apprentices den and gave a small call, hoping Silverpaw was in a good mood.
"Moooooooorning Silverpaw! Hope youre doing well today kiddo, figured you'd probably had enough resting by now and were aching to get going on training!

Though most of the day might kinda be relearning to a degree, a lotta stuff you used to know like hunting or fighting wont work as it used to so we gotta go over that again and figure out what new way works for you! But you got me now and I know all the tricks so I promise it'll be quick~

What have you learned so far that we should go over and what do you still need to do that I can teach you fresh and new? Oh! And if there's anything you'd like me to know about you to help you better like phobias to avoid or skills or anything at all I'd love to hear it~
I can even share some stuff of my own in return!"
Bumblestar had been harping at her sibling about their worries about Larkswoop and her being a bad example on Silverpaw which was still kinda confusing to the hornet but hopefully if the apprentice got along well with them as their new mentor those worries would be lessened! Or.... Something. Honestly Mudhound was outta the loop on this one and only knew there'd been trouble that'd separated a previously close mentor apprentice duo which sounded sad.

@Desert Rain Frog

Last edited by Rani; July 6th, 2024 at 06:33 AM.
Old July 6th, 2024, 03:30 PM
ALL HAIL KAT/ROSE

Bump Policy: 1-2 Days, I'm Very Forgetful!
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Silverpaw's training

SILVERPAW "SILVS"
THE MANGLED TRIPOD - LYEBIRDS LULLABYE (ACTIVE) - 16 MOONS
His Head Rose To Mudhounds Cheery Voice. Oh. Training, Couldnt Be So Bad Now? Uhmm Alright.. Looks Like I'm Re-Winding A Whole 10 - Almost 11- Moons. Let's Go. He Sighed, Slowly Getting Up With Some Pain. As Mudhound Mentioned Phobias, Nothing Really Came To Mind... Well, Except... Canines. Canines Are Terrifying. Also, Could We Save Jumping For Tomorrow Or Something? I'm Not Very Motivated For That Right Now. His Intact Ear Flicked. One More Thing, If I Say "Hm?" A lot It's Because Im Deaf In My Torn-Up Ear. He Nodded To Mudhound.
@Rani - Muddy!
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=73901

Last edited by Desert Rain Frog; July 6th, 2024 at 03:30 PM.
Old July 7th, 2024, 08:17 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Mudhound
Thunderclan Hornet | They/them | 35 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

The hornet was really appreciative of the fact that Silverpaw was approaching this without reluctance or a bad attitude, especially given that the situation and major upheaval in his life would mean the response would be understandable. It was very mature for Silverpaws age, and Mudhound gave him a soft smile for that.

"Dont stress too much, relearning will take much less time really given youre not learning from stratch, more like modifications." His fear was also understandable, given the damage dogs could do and did to him but Mudhound was also the perfect mentor to help with that too! "Ill be your protector against dogs then! I can speak some dog and so can talk most away and have even helped Bumble-sis kill a dog before so just count on me to keep those beasties away! Ill keep you safe and I can even pass on some of my dog knowledge if you want~" Some found knowledge and ability to combat their fears a comfort and the thing that helped them overcome it though some wished to run forever which was valid to them. Whatever Silverpaw chose was for him.

"Ah! Ok I'll try and speak loud" not an issue Mudhound was already loud naturally and could reach even greater volume "and Ill make sure to face you while talking so you can lip read! Tell me if you need me to repeat anything! Follow me and we'll focus on getting your hunting back up to speed and if youre up for it we can do some fighting!

Alrighty, follow me!"
With that the tripod lead Silverpaw out of camp and to a nice quiet part of the territory, turning to face the tom.

"Ok show me what you got, I dont expect a perfect or even good crouch stalk and pounce given this'll be the first time with your new leg and its totally ok to find yourself unbalanced loud and slow, I just wanna see where Im starting at." If Silverpaw had already figured out balance then that was something they could skip but if not it was a critical lesson that'd help him for the rest of his life.

@Desert Rain Frog
Old July 7th, 2024, 09:10 PM
ALL HAIL KAT/ROSE

Bump Policy: 1-2 Days, I'm Very Forgetful!
My Mood: Sleepy

SILVERPAW "SILVS"
THE MANGLED TRIPOD
LYEBIRDS LULLABYE (ACTIVE) - WHEEL OF MISFORTUNE (AMNESIA, FORGET ONE SKILL: BATTLE)

The Mangled Tripod Followed Mudhound Closely Behind. When They Got To The Area, He Nodded To Mudhound. Alright, Let's Do This. He Lowered Himself Down Into The Best Crouch He Could, And Moved With Small Hops Towards A Worthy Leaf. His Back Legs Tensed, And He Launched Forwards And Landed On The Leaf. He Sighed, Looked Back At Mudhound. Ha! I Did Really Well! I Though I Woulda Fallen Over When I Jumped. He Gave A Small Smile. It Was Kinda Clumsy Though. He Turned And Faced Mudhound.
@Rani
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=73901