Old July 3rd, 2024, 08:47 PM
Blaze’s bm has Wi-Fi.

Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Queenly

ShadowClan Re: Evergreen Grotto

SUNPAW
THE COLLECTOR
AGATHA KITTY

Sunpaw's amber gaze widened slightly as she took in the wide expanse of terrain. Terrain that was sheltered by an innumerable amount of evergreen trees. The she-cat lifted her tail, dipping her head to sniff at one of the delicate plant patches beside her.

''The deathberry bushes looked scattered around..'' She mumbled, following her mentor and making sure not to let her fur brush any of the pieces of undergrowth containing the poisonous fruit.

{ @Windy }

Foxglovestar is BerryClan's current Leader. She has an open den policy.

BerryClan Sign-Ups + Resources

BerryClan Main Roleplay

Larkswoop is a ThunderClan Warrior. If she is needed, mention me.
Old July 4th, 2024, 08:24 PM
Star Nymph

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Amused

Default Re: Evergreen Grotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by isla View Post
SUNPAW
THE COLLECTOR
AGATHA KITTY

Sunpaw's amber gaze widened slightly as she took in the wide expanse of terrain. Terrain that was sheltered by an innumerable amount of evergreen trees. The she-cat lifted her tail, dipping her head to sniff at one of the delicate plant patches beside her.

''The deathberry bushes looked scattered around..'' She mumbled, following her mentor and making sure not to let her fur brush any of the pieces of undergrowth containing the poisonous fruit.

{ @Windy }
"It would be easy for a cat to mistake something on the ground, which might be a deathberry, for something harmless. Good eye, Sunpaw. If you can notice things about the terrain, it might help you if you have to fight here in the future. Now, let's go to Dawning Woods!"

Snowpaw: Primal Instincts, Silver Tongue
Cloud: Mind Reader

I am currently on summer hiatus, will make it as semi as possible so if am not answering for a long while, that is the reason why! Looking forward to being back full time, which is not happening until school starts up again. Will miss you all, have an amazing time! (mumbles 'lucky' under her breath)

Also my characters actions and thoughts don't reflect my own.
Also go see https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76821&page=2 Claw! He's nominated for COTM and I wanna win that!
Old July 4th, 2024, 10:57 PM
Pfp by @/Dolomedes!

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

Mudslide
She, Her\Warrior\14 moons\Shadowclan
"I miss the yellow. I miss the yellin' and the shake downs."

Lybirds Lullaby [ACTIVE] Mind Reader [ACTIVE]

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

POWERPLAY PERMS WHERE GIVEN BY @/ellie!
Evergreen Grotto, huh? That was definitely a name, one that almost sounded too cheery for Shadowclan. Mudslide entertained herself by thinking of other possible names, like Winding Shadows or Clawed Pines. It's not that shw hated the current name, it just , missed the usual edge of Shadowclan landmarks. Maybe Dawnstar was just in a happier mood when she named this one.

Mudslide tried to picture the leader with a smile, but she couldn't. No matter how hard her brain attempted to twist and alter her expression, it never came out right, just oddly uncanny like her face was never made to emote in that way.

The recently frustrated warrior was finally starting to ease herself back into her usual calm, grateful that not dragonflies sang in her ears. "Thanks." She said after awhile, not even glancing in Mossfreckle's direction. It was nice that he came with her, she wasn't sure who she'd drag onto the patrol with her. Socializing was the worst thing in the world, and while Mossfreckle was also a stranger, he didn't seem very talkative. A win for her.

Time to collect some herbs! Here are the rules I have in place for myself.

- Using a 20 sided dice roll

- Below 20, odd numbers 3 - 19 = It is completely intact.

- Below 20, even numbers 2 - 18 = It is slightly damaged.

- Rolling a 20 = You get to harvest it.

- Rolling a 1 = You don't get to harvest it.

Got it? Good! Now let's go, go, go!

Mushroom, ragwort, and stinging nettle. What a lineup. Since mushrooms were dubbed the easiest, Mudslide decided she'd get at most five of those.

She walked up to a tree that had stubby little shrooms sprouting at the base.

(Mudslide rolled a 1! Harvest failed!)

Surprisingly enough, Mudslide hadn't managed to properly harvest the oddly shaped fungi, her ears twitching. Alright then, next one. She merely shifted herself slightly to the left to attempt and collect a mushroom, this one being slightly taller.

(Mudslide rolled a 20! Harvest successful!)

(Mudslide rolled a 19! It's completely intact!)

Mudslide uprooted the mushroom with a gentile tug, holding the herb gingerly in her jaws.

[+1 Mushroom]

Tags:
@ellie // Mossfreckle (if you'd rather me not mention you on these various posts, please, let me know! I'll completely understand)

Mudslide

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·
PP PERMS GIVEN BY @/ellie!
Mushrooms, mushrooms, mushrooms, mushrooms. Boy was she starting to get tired of them. Which was somewhat unreasonable, considering she'd only picked one. Right, picking, she had to pick up the pace if she didn't want her pelt to be used as a flag. Haha. That was mildly funny.

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

She successfully uprooted the herb once more, filling her jaws with another mushroom. She checks is condition with furrowed brows.

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 5

Intact. Just as it should be.

(+1 mushroom)

Yayyy... More mushrooms. Life's great. Okay okay, enough self moping, at least she was doing something. Something she should've had two more cats do with her. She glanced back at Mossfreckle, sunlight making her pupils slit. He seemed to be looking for something... Oh. Stinging nettles? Hm. Maybe he was taking the thorns on them, if that was possible.

She then turned her attention back to the mushrooms, opening her jaws once more.

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

Okay, this was a bit too easy. That's what she was thinking before she thought about the other herbs she'd have to gather. Okay, maybe this wasn't too bad. In fact, it was quick enough to manage, she already almost had a mouthful of these things.

She once again checked to see if it was battered in any way.

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 16

Ehhh.... Slightly damaged, but usable based on looks. She turned to Mossfreckle, pushing herself back up to her full height as she advanced towards him. She dropped her recently salvaged mushroom on the floor, clearing a patch of fallen leaves to let it lay flat. Mossy eyes settled onto hers before he observed the herb. He gave her a hum, flicking the tip of his tail behind him. Mudslide blinked. She'd take that as a "good enough".

(+1 mushroom)

(I would type more, but I feel like Doo Doo. Gonna finish up this patrol by tomorrow (cuz I should feel better by then, you'll see me a lot in this thread lol)

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old July 5th, 2024, 10:23 PM
Pfp by @/Dolomedes!

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

Mudslide

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·
Mushrooms, mushrooms, mushrooms, mushrooms. Boy was she starting to get tired of them. Which was somewhat unreasonable, considering she'd only picked one. Right, picking, she had to pick up the pace if she didn't want her pelt to be used as a flag. Haha. That was mildly funny.

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

She successfully uprooted the herb once more, filling her jaws with another mushroom. She checks is condition with furrowed brows.

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 5

Intact. Just as it should be.

(+1 mushroom)

Yayyy... More mushrooms. Life's great. Okay okay, enough self moping, at least she was doing something. Something she should've had two more cats do with her. She glanced back at Mossfreckle, sunlight making her pupils slit. He seemed to be looking for something... Oh. Stinging nettles? Hm. Maybe he was taking the thorns on them, if that was possible.

She then turned her attention back to the mushrooms, opening her jaws once more.

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

Okay, this was a bit too easy. That's what she was thinking before she thought about the other herbs she'd have to gather. Okay, maybe this wasn't too bad. In fact, it was quick enough to manage, she already almost had a mouthful of these things.

She once again checked to see if it was battered in any way.

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 16

Ehhh.... Slightly damaged, but usable based on looks. She turned to Mossfreckle, pushing herself back up to her full height as she advanced towards him. She dropped her recently salvaged mushroom on the floor, clearing a patch of fallen leaves to let it lay flat. Mossy eyes settled onto hers before he observed the herb. He gave her a hum, flicking the tip of his tail behind him. Mudslide blinked. She'd take that as a "good enough".

(+1 mushroom)

(I would type more, but I feel like Doo Doo. Gonna finish up this patrol by tomorrow (cuz I should feel better by then, you'll see me a lot in this thread lol)

Mudslide

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Alright, just one more. Then she could go about finding other herbs. Mudslide contemplated going back for a few more herbs, but five for each herb seemed reasonable. Also, Mossfreckle was here, he was probably grabbing some herbs as well. Why wouldn't he be?

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 19

(harvest successful, completely intact)

(+1 mushroom)

The lengthy brown pelted warrior then stalked over to the next mushroom, her ears burning as the sun scattered down on them. She kept the herbalist in her eye of sight, icy hues glancing around every once in awhile.

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 19

(harvest successful, completely intact)

(+1 mushroom)

>>INVENTORY FULL! DROP?

Mudslide could only open her jaws so wide, and the taste of the fungi was bitter and tart on her tongue. She wasn't sure how to go about "storing" them, but she settled on digging a shallow hole and carefully dropping the fragile spotted herbs into it before loosely covering it with leaves and a few twigs.

INVENTORY CLEARED!
(mudslide will be making multiple trips back with moss to regather the herbs and being them to camp)

"Mushrooms." Mudslide said, her voice barely heard over the songs of the forest. "Done." She padded up to Mossfreckle, her pace brisk and impatient. "Next?" She demanded, annoyance edging her tone.

Mossfreckle respond rather quickly seemingly taking notice of her impatient behavior. Maybe she was being to obvious about the absolute headache this evening brought her. The medicine flicked a long ear at her before responding, glancing momentarily at where she kept the mushrooms. "Ragwort is next. They aren't too difficult to spot, given their flowering aspects. Follow, I'll lead you to them."

Mudslide wasn't one to argue. She followed Mossfreckle, pace by pace, until they reached a bed of ragwort, just enough for her jaws to carry back to her burial site. She gave Mossfreckle a quick blink of thanks. To her slight surprise, her began to gather alongside her, pulling up the herbs with ease. One. Two. Three. Hm. Perhaps they were low on that supply. She wouldn't spend time worrying about it though, she had her own herbs to worry about. Walking over to a patch for herself, she began to aim her jaws at the fragile plants.

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 17

(successful harvest, completely intact)

(+1 ragwort)

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 6

(successful harvest, slightly damaged)

The thick stems were hard to grip. It made uprooting the herb way harder than it need to be. She could just imagine her mother, laughing up at her from the pit of the Darkforest or whatever the heck Shadowclan liked to call it. Regardless, she knew mother was having a ball down there. Hm. Alright, slightly damaged, but usable. Most certainly. Take that, mother.

(+1 ragwort)

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 1
(harvest failed!)

Mudslide cursed under her breath as the ragwort snapped between her jaws. Some aggression must've made her way into her working. A small snarl weaved it's way into the open humid air, her words instantly drowned out by the rumble of the forest. Just like all words should be.

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 13

(+1 ragwort)

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 14

(+1 ragwort)

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 15

(+1 ragwort)

>>INVENTORY FULL! DROP?

Once again her jaws were stuffed with the odd taste of herbs. Was it just her imagination or was her eyesight getting blurry? Mudslide shook away the thought with a quick shake of her head, her long ears beating against the sides of her face like a wet dogs ears as it tried to dry itself. She looked to Mossfreckle, noticing the bundle of ragwort in his jaws. He held three, just the amount she'd seen him pick. (+3 ragwort) He returned her gaze momentarily before padding off to place the herbs where Mudslide assumed to be her burial spot. She assumed right.

INVENTORY CLEARED!

The two cats buried the herbs shallowly within the ground. It wasn't long before Mossfreckle spoke once more.

"Stinging nettles are the trickiest of herbs a cat can gather given the horrid itch they can cause if not handled with care. I will lead you to the stream once we gather a good amount, agreed?" Mudslide didn't respond, but he probably wasn't waiting for an answer. He skipped off elsewhere, leaving Mudslide to follow in his pawsteps.

Okay. Here goes everything.

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 5

(+1 stinging nettle)

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 19

(+1 stinging nettle)

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 16

(+1 stinging nettle)

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 4

(+1 stinging nettle)

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 12

(+1 stinging nettle)

Considering that they had to wash this particular herb through a stream, Mudslide was fully confident that this herb of all the ones she'd gathered would be the first to enter the medicine den. "Mossfreckle?" Mudslide called (more like whispered) through thick and hairy stalks. She could already feel the slight edge of irritation along her muzzle. Were these really safe to hold? The medicine cat turned his head once more, seemingly holding the usual amount of three extra herbs in his maw (+3 stinging nettle). "All done? Good. Let's go." He then stalked off, leading the tall warrior to the cave. Mudslide could smell the water before she could see it, unsurprisingly. Water was a rare thing in Shadowclan territory, other than the marshes, if that even counted.

Mossfreckle demonstrated how to scrub the herbs clean with his the stinging nettles he had gathers. Rub rub rub rub, all while underneath rushing water. He then replaced the wet herbs in his now sooping jaws, small droplets framed by intrusive sunlight. Mudslide didn't let her unease show, infact her expression was deadpan and neutral.

She took one of the nettles she had gathered an began to scrub. She'd gotten through three before pain spiked up along her paw pads. Mudslide visibly winced, her muzzle tightening as pain exploded onto her paw pads. It was absolutely horrible, horrible enough to make her usually unexpressive face twist up in agony.

Despite the pain, she pushed on and continued scrubbing, though it only worsened the irritation. Mossfreckle immediately piped up, raising his feathery tail as though it was a warning sign. "Stop. That's enough, don't put pressure on your paws or where ever you got stung. I'll wash the rest."

The lean warrior let her paws soak in the water for minutes more before sagging them out, her thin fur elongated to it's full (and still quite short) height. She shifted her weight onto her hindlegs and watched as the medicine cat tended to the rest of the herbs.

Tags:
@ellie // Mossfreckle (sorry for making you read this abomination oh my goodness)

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!