Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
twilightpaw training [p]
by alec
Last post by Hollyheart of thunder
Today 04:22 AM
Viva Cat Vegas! [Whole...
by Rani
Today 04:18 AM
Picnic Prey Social...
Today 04:13 AM
Your beauty shines and...
by Bean
Today 03:57 AM

Old May 31st, 2024, 05:27 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

Default The Wolf and the Crow [P]

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN ~

AMAB | HE/HIM | WARRIOR | 55 MOONS | BEEFED UP TIER 1

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with amber eyes and light cream-gray fluff covering the front of his neck and chest.

Character bio can be read here.

Wolffang padded across the clearing, his amber eyes roving the open space as a pair of dead minks thumped against his chest. Their strange scent - part predator, part prey - flooded into his scent glands and settled there until it blocked out the aromas of fresh growth that blanketed the world. The only signs that greenleaf was in full swing were the lush green grass and ferns and their dewy brush against his legs. And the sun. It was pleasantly warm and blue, despite the encroachment of several puffy white clouds. It didn't look like it would rain - not that he'd be able to smell any oncoming weather.

After the mink battle, Wolffang was more than content to tear the creatures apart with his teeth and chew them into smithereens. They deserved it after all the trouble they'd caused. He was acutely aware of the way their glossy fur rubbed against the fresh scars on his throat. If it hadn't been for these vile creatures, Dawnstar wouldn't have needed to save me, he thought with a twinge of disgust. And we would've been able to get revenge on RiverClan immediately. Speaking of which, the minks reminded him of the fish-eaters. Glossy. Sinewy. Bloody. Violent. Killers.

All the more reason to enjoy tearing into their flesh.

The large, muscular warrior was brought out of his dark thoughts as he spotted a familiar hulking shape in the clearing. His black fur was like a shadow, its white markings tinged gold by the sun's welcoming rays. Crowtooth.

He was the reason Wolffang was walking around carrying these minks. He'd wanted to talk to the tunneler for a long time. Apologize. Catch up. Hopefully get on good terms. Crowtooth didn't seem to resent Wolffang, and he wasn't one of the cats he'd hurt extensively. However, Wolffang had still been a selfish badger-heart, and he wanted to own up to that.

There was also the matter of Fernpaw - no, Fernrise. He winced as a claw of pain stabbed at his heart. He hadn't known Crowtooth was close to the former apprentice until recently, when Crowtooth had passed on news of his death at RiverClan's paws. Wolffang swallowed back his instinctual rage. I can't kill RiverClan right now. And I have much to discuss with Crowtooth.

He'd gotten used to managing his emotions.

But that didn't stop him from having them.

Still, his rage faded to the background as he reached Crowtooth and deposited the minks. His mind focused on how he'd start this conversation - and the first things he'd bring up when it began.

"Crowtooth," he meowed with a respectful dip of his head. "I hope you're not busy. I'd like to speak with you. I brought these minks to share." He nudged their dark bodies with one huge paw. "If you're busy, I understand. I can always put them back, and we can arrange another time. But there's a lot I'd like to say." Such as apologize for how much of a puffed-up hare-brain I was, he added silently.

@Rani

Character Creator!

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old June 1st, 2024, 09:01 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: The Wolf and the Crow [P]

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 51 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

The fury was kind of fighting off sleep at the moment. He'd really just intended to warm himself up before diving into the tunnels but was now in the process of melting into the clearing because of how nice it was. Just.... A few.... More..... Minutes....

Ooop! Surprise Wolffang! Grey and brown eyes blinked open to look at the former deputy noting the prey brought and flicked an ear at his words. This had to be something to do with the talk Wolffang had mentioned before, and Crowtooth wondered what it was about to merit all this fuss before snapping to and responding. "O' course ya can join me, always love the company. Always love the food too, thanks fer bringin' some over. What ya been wantin' ta talk about? Sounds important."
As soon as the mink was set down the tom would dig in, ears still angled to Wolffang to listen as his tail flicked happily behind him.

@TheNyanCatMinecart
Old June 2nd, 2024, 03:58 PM

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN ~

AMAB | HE/HIM | WARRIOR | 56 MOONS | BEEFED UP TIER 1

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with amber eyes and light cream-gray fluff covering the front of his neck and chest.

Now that Wolffang was closer to Crowtooth, he noticed that the other tom was... well, not sleeping, for his mismatched eyes were open. But he had a drowsy look on his face, and his posture was arranged in such a manner that it appeared he had laid down for a nap. His white stripe was tinted golden by the sunlight, and it gleamed on the darker areas; the former deputy could practically feel the warmth and comfort that radiated from him. Wolffang felt a twinge of guilt. He hadn't meant to disturb Crowtooth. He was a hard worker, and he deserved to rest. This can wait a little longer.

He opened his jaws, about to apologize, but Crowtooth beat him to it. Wolffang relaxed a little. Although part of him wanted to leave the hulking tunneler in peace, Crowtooth seemed content, actively inviting him to lay down and share the fresh-kill. No going back now. It would be ruder to leave than to disturb him at this point. Wolffang gave another respectful dip of his head and settled down, pushing one of the minks toward Crowtooth. The sooner these things are gone, the better.

He took a bite. The mink's flesh was startlingly pink against its dark brown coat. It was also stringy. Not his favorite, but not bad. However, Wolffang didn't eat any more. There was a lot he needed - wanted - to say. For me, eating can wait a little.

He decided to start with an apology. Not for disturbing Crowtooth, but for mistakes from seasons ago that he had not expressed to this cat. Wolffang hadn't hurt Crowtooth, exactly, but that didn't justify his past actions.

"Crowtooth... I wanted to apologize for the way I used to be. I know it's been a long time, but you deserve an apology. I was a hare-brained rat who had the sense of a mouse with its head cut off. I was rude and discriminatory toward you - and others, as you know - which was unacceptable. I understand now that you're a highly respectable warrior with abundant skill and experience - a better cat than me. You've always been hard-working and supportive and putting the interests of your Clan first. I respect you. A lot. I hope you can forgive me, but if not, I understand."

Although Wolffang kept his amber gaze on Crowtooth while he spoke and the tunneler ate, he felt his pelt burn with shame. His face was downcast, and the end of his tipless tail twitched. No doubt he looked guilty. It doesn't matter that Crowtooth wasn't hurt as badly as Deadmoon or Morningpaw or Cloverheart. Or that all this happened seasons ago. It felt strange, thinking of how long had passed since his initial development. I still judged Crowtooth - and now I understand that he's one of the most honorable cats in the Clan.

@Rani (Working through a bit of writer's exhaustion, but I'm really excited to RP these two! Crowtooth's such a wonderful character. )

Character Creator!

Old June 10th, 2024, 02:58 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Crowtooth

This was nice. The quiet company of two cats who kind of thrived in strong silence and existed in their duty to their clan. Honestly the fury kind of wanted to spend more time with Wolffang in general now that he was back, maybe spar a bit or ask for advice on how to best run patrols and punishment and the like. In Crowtooths mind there was a lot of knowledge Wolffang could share to help windclan, even if he wasnt deputy anymore, and the toms company was as valuable as it was pleasant.

.....Though with the subject matter the grey tom was bring up now the tunneler had to slightly wonder if his memories and judgement was compromised because he really didnt remember Wolffang being that bad to him. Then again he wasnt Ashfeather or Deadmoon and their relationship was very short and business like (though that was what most of Crowtooths relationships were like for a long time) so maybe there was more he didnt see.

Regardless, letting himself mull over the older toms words as he chewed on the mink, Crowtooth found his instinctive reaction and well thought out one werent really different and calmly rasped a response once he swallowed. "Wolffang ya 'ave been more than forgiven for a long time if Im bein' frank. Beyond a cold shoulder or two an' maybe a snappish word in a tense situation ya aint done nothin' ta me that really needs forgivin' anyways. I aint one o' the ones ya 'hurt' in that way.

However I do knew ya 'ave hurt cats wit' yer old views an' its clear ya hold some guilt over that but tell ya what. It take a lot to admit ta past bad actions an' make amends an' be better, and yer doin' that. I respect that, respect ya an' 'ave fer a good while so I wouldnt be so weighted if I were ya. Yer a better cat then I think ya think ya are, if that makes sense."

The words were slowly said, evidence of the thought behind them and as clunky as most of Crowtooths speech tended to be, the tom never a elegant or loquacious wordsmith. But they were his honest thoughts and feelings on the matter and he wrapped them up with a warm if crooked grin to Wolffang, tail flicking around to pat the grey tom on the shoulder briefly.

Wolffangs views had came from Featherwhisker and Rosebrair and with time and distance he'd shown he could grow from this ill teaching when they could not. Growth that came at cost and was more then difficult, but had produced a good cat Crowtooth was pleased to know. In the end the tunneler thought that journey was worth it, and needed little more dwelling.

"If yer keen though, Im happy ta start over completely? Aint got a ton o' memories o' personal interactions wit' my head an' if ya wanna start over on fresh footin' an' see where that takes us I see a new path that could be found."
Maybe even a friendship, and wouldnt that be nice.

@TheNyanCatMinecart
Old June 22nd, 2024, 06:50 PM

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN ~

AMAB | HE/HIM | WARRIOR | 56 MOONS | BEEFED UP TIER 1

Character bio can be read here.

As Wolffang's apology faded to silence, he watched Crowtooth intently. He felt guilty, but the sensation was nowhere near as crushing as it had been in past moments similar to this one. He'd been a jerk with nasty thoughts... but he hadn't been as harsh toward the tunneller. Still, this is important, he thought, giving the ragged, light cream-gray fluff covering the front of his neck and chest a few quick licks. The taste of mink lingered on his tongue.

He lifted his head and found that Crowtooth's mismatched gaze had clouded over with thought. His scarred black throat bobbed as he swallowed a piece of mink. He looks calm, Wolffang noted with a touch of uncertain relief.

Crowtooth's next words proved that. Wolffang felt his shoulders, which he hadn't realized had creeped up to his ears, relax. His muscles loosened. It was true - he hadn't hurt Crowtooth extensively. However, that hadn't stopped his thoughts, his inherent rudeness. Warmth blossomed in Wolffang's chest, and he dipped his head to the bulky black-and-white tom appreciatively. It was true that he'd grown and changed, a lot. Some refused to acknowledge it. But... most did. And hearing the words coming from a cat as well-respected as Crowtooth filled him with... not joy, but happiness.

I spent so long - too long - being hung up on the cats who hated me. But there are plenty of cats who don't. Even though I won't blame those who are upset with me... I have grown and changed, and that should be acknowledged.

The offer to start over completely made Wolffang blink. It didn't surprise him, but the words were awfully close to what his half-sister, Morningpaw, had said all those moons ago. The situations couldn't have been more different - Morningpaw had been directly abused by him, scared and upset, whereas Crowtooth hadn't gotten much ill treatment and maintained a calm, relaxed presence - but the words uncurled a claw in Wolffang. Not a bad one, but a sad one. He... he wished he knew where Morningpaw ended up. He wished he'd gotten the chance to make everything up to her.

He was brought back to the present as a question arose from Crowtooth's words. He hasn't got a lot of memories? Then he remembered. He'd heard about the tunnelling accident in brief. With a stab, he thought of Bravebird.

Wolffang blinked the pain from his eyes and looked at Crowtooth appreciatively. Though the moment felt too serious for him to return Crowtooth's grin, he did offer a smile. And he didn't shy away from the tail pat. Leopardsong had really made him more comfortable with physical interactions between other cats. Not that he'd cuddle with Crowtooth. That would be weird.

"Thank you," he meowed. "That means a lot to me. I have grown, and changed, and I know I technically didn't do that much to you... but I still wanted to hold myself accountable for my actions." He flicked his tipless tail. "Starting over... that would be great." It was difficult not to see Morningpaw's dilated pupils and ginger fur when he looked at Crowtooth now. He blinked the image away. "Though there... are some other things I wanted to bring up. Talk to you about. Shared experiences."

Strangely, the scent of mink wafted up Wolffang's nose, reminding him that he still had a meal lying by his paws. Only a couple chunks were taken out of its long body, presenting themselves in blotches of sinewy bright pink amid a glossy brown pelt. He tore off a few more chunks and chewed, trying to gather his thoughts. He took a deep breath.

"Crowtooth, I know you don't remember a lot, but... but you seemed to know Fernpaw. Fernrise."

Wolffang's stomach roiled. The mink he'd just swallowed felt like a rock now, churning in the ocean's waves.

"I... never realized... how close were you?" he managed to ask. His throat felt tight. The young cat's death felt fresh, a tear in his soul that would never heal, spreading searing pain through his body on a level Wolffang couldn't describe. He pressed his broad paws into the soft grass to stop them from trembling. Crowtooth had seen Wolffang's reaction to Fernrise's death, witnessed how he'd almost ripped his throat apart in mourning for the brown tabby.

@Rani

Character Creator!

Old June 27th, 2024, 06:25 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Crowtooth

Wolffang held a lot of guilt didnt he, Crowtooth never really noticed that. Hopefully he felt better now though, and could move on with lighter shoulders and more optimism. His actions now didnt erase past ones sure, however it showed growth few ever managed and a mindfulness and regret that the tunneler thought deserved to be forgiven.

So, with a crooked grin at Wolffangs new start the tom rolled his paw to indicated he was free to start on the other topic he wished to talk about as Crowtooth continued chowing down in the meantime. Ah, Fernrise that was the topic, ears slightly dipping in sorrow the tunneler swallowed, humming a bit uncertainly as he explained.

"Ah well that there is a bit o' a complicated topic. I am aware I knew Fernrise, vaguely I think we were on some patrols together an' a battle or somethin' but I wasnt super close? I dont think at least.

Its... fuzzy an' in a way I feel distant from it. So my grief over the situation cant compare ta yers an' Bravebirds. But... if ya'd like ta tell me any stories o' him, I'd appreciate it."
The more cats were there to keep the young toms memory alive, who knew how he really was, the better. Maybe it could trigger a proper memory too rather then a foggy 'this happened' one.

@TheNyanCatMinecart