Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Your beauty shines and...
by Bean
Last post by Hollyheart of thunder
Today 03:57 AM
ThunderClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Today 03:46 AM
Moonfall Lake
by BEAR.
Last post by Apollo.
Today 03:19 AM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 03:06 AM
I get lost in the process,...
by Mica
Last post by redshiftreign
Today 01:18 AM

Old May 31st, 2024, 05:59 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

Default Wolffang and Lichenpaw Training [P]

(So, from what I understand, Lichenpaw already has all the requirements. As I talked about in the meeting, Wolffang will check up on what she knows and test her on some basic skills. Afterward, he'll give Lichenpaw her final assessment.)

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN ~

AMAB | HE/HIM | WARRIOR | 55 MOONS | BEEFED UP TIER 1

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with amber eyes and light cream-gray fluff covering the front of his neck and chest.

Character bio can be read here.

It was a perfect day for training. The sun shone in a cloudless sky, one bright white dot burning in the endless blue. It was amazing how something so small was so powerful. It was so dazzling, so intense, for something that was otherwise the size of a moss-ball, somehow dipping the entire world in yellow and coaxing life to the surface with its heat.

It reminded Wolffang of his Clan as he trotted across the clearing, watching the sun climb higher in the sky. The other Clans - ShadowClan especially - had spat on them. Thought of them as insignificant. Beaten them down, tried to control them. Even nature had tried to destroy WindClan with windstorms and flames. But WindClan had continually shown all of them how wrong they were. No matter what, WindClan would survive and flourish. They would be powerful and never burn out. And anyone who tried to hound them? They would regret it, just like a cat who had stared at the sun for too long. Fitting, as WindClan lived closer to the sky than any of the other Clans.

RiverClan would get their eyes clawed out soon. Wolffang would make sure of it.

Wolffang slipped through the entrance to the apprentices' den. Although he craved revenge, the life of his Clan must go on. And that involved training Lichenpaw. Last he'd heard, the she-cat was ready to be a warrior. However, Wolffang couldn't give her an assessment just yet. She'd only just been assigned to him. He didn't have a full range of her abilities and skills, and he planned to test them today.

He felt like he could be a good mentor. Helping the young members of his Clan grow was something he cherished. However, he'd never seen an apprentice to their ceremony. They kept vanishing. He prayed to StarClan that he'd be able to make Lichenpaw stay.

His eyes skimmed the dim for the scruffy calico. It was rather late in the morning; he'd let her sleep in today, mostly because he'd had other duties to attend to. He stopped by her nest.

"Lichenpaw, it's time for training," he meowed, cutting straight to the point. "Follow me. I'll tell you more on our way to the Training Moor." He wanted to make sure she was fully awake, alert, and listening to him - although she'd had plenty of time to sleep, he wasn't taking any chances.

@Neptune.

Character Creator!

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old June 1st, 2024, 03:26 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: Wolffang and Lichenpaw Training [P]

Lichenpaw
~<>~
14 moons || she/her || no purrks
scrawny calico with one blind eye; blue eyes

Her nights since returning back to WindClan have been the most restful she'd had since she'd been kidnapped. Lichenpaw would give anything to turn back the moons and stop herself from sneaking out to take that walk, for delaying her warrior ceremony, for being dragged away from her clan. If she could turn back time, she would, but unfortunately that was beyond the small calico's abilities, so the most she could do was just make things right now. It wasn't much, but she would do her damndest to see it through.

When a voice cuts into her dreamless snoozing, Lichenpaw blinks open her eyes, only one of them providing her with proper vision - but that was something she was used to, something she had grown up with. Only, her eye seemed to get blurrier and blurrier, the field of view shrinking smaller and smaller when she tried looking out of that one eye. It was not something that hurt her, and she could work around the disability, but it was annoying.

"Training?" She parrots with a yawn and a stretch, pushing her tired body to standing once more and blinking up at her mentor - Wolffang was... what? Her fourth mentor now? Hm... Well, hopefully he'd be her last, too. She didn't want to see him vanish like the others... or die to ThunderClan like Sleethound had... "Sounds good!" Lichenpaw chirps, shoving the thoughts out of her mind in favor of focusing. "I'm excited to get back in action! Lead the way," with a smile, the apprentice beckons for her mentor to lead the way, eye bright and tail high.

[ @TheNyanCatMinecart - wolffang ]
[ here's her training tracker !! ]

Last edited by Neptune.; June 1st, 2024 at 03:30 PM.
Old June 6th, 2024, 06:30 PM

(Apologies for how long this took! I've been rather busy on WCO and in real life. )

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN ~

AMAB | HE/HIM | WARRIOR | 56 MOONS | BEEFED UP TIER 1

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with amber eyes and light cream-gray fluff covering the front of his neck and chest.

Wolffang quietly watched Lichenpaw awake. Her calico fur rippled as she stretched, nearly invisible as it soaked into the dark, earthy tones of the den. Her blue eyes glinted as light from the entrance fell upon them. They looked like dots of sky: one was as clear as if StarClan had whisked every cloud away, the other as milky as if a cirrus cloud had drifted over it. Her voice was sleepy, but thankfully, she didn't take long to get to her paws. Sleep soon gave way to a peppy tone. Wolffang couldn't help but smile. It had been a long time since he'd seen an excited apprentice. Since one of his apprentices had been excited. He... hadn't had the best luck. Or track record.

But there had been one...

For a moment, Lichenpaw's scrawny frame and brown-hued calico pelt flashed to the shape of a small brown tabby tom.

Another pang of pain shot through the former deputy, but he hid it, his facial expression unchanging save for a slight flash in his amber eyes. "Follow me," he ordered, turning and padding out of the apprentices' den.

The sunlight wasn't too dazzling since he hadn't spent long in the apprentices' den's gloom, but he still blinked once, and he relished its warmth as it sank into his thick fur. He kept up a brisk pace, but not too brisk; Lichenpaw looked like a quick cat, but Wolffang was large and could overtake her if he wasn't careful. He occasionally glanced over his shoulder to make sure he wasn't leaving his new apprentice in the dust.

He couldn't stop his gaze from occasionally straying to the ferns that dotted the clearing, though.

Wolffang felt a bit better once he was out of the camp, but, on the walk through the tall grass, he couldn't stop memories from drifting through his mind like stray leaves. They were a cycle of life, facts he couldn't block out.

Fernrise was dead. Snowypaw... Wolffang winced, hoping Lichenpaw didn't notice. He hadn't thought about his missing half-sibling in a while. Something about Lichenpaw had triggered it. Her excitement? Her age? He wasn't sure. Is it wrong that I haven't been thinking about Snowypaw? he wondered, his pawsteps slowing ever-so-slightly. A claw of pain, fresh but not new, lodged itself in his chest. He kept walking, allowing the wind to blow through his fur, weaving a pleasant chill between the rays of sunlight that outlined him in gold. The scents of heather, gorse, and peat flowed into his nose. Grass rustled beneath his paws.

It's not wrong, he finally thought as the new Training Moor came into view. I loved Snowypaw... I still do... but it's been so long. He'd learned a long time ago that if he spent every waking moment mourning and lamenting over the past, he would never get to experience this beautiful life StarClan had gifted him.

Feeling a little fresher, if that was the right word, Wolffang stopped and turned toward Lichenpaw. His voice was stern, his face serious, but his eyes were soft.

"Alright, Lichenpaw. What have you learned so far? What do I need to teach you? And when did you go missing?" He needed to know what he needed to catch her up on before he delved deeper into her training.

@Neptune. (Does Wolffang need to show her around the borders? I noticed there weren't any links for most of the landmarks.)

Character Creator!

Old June 7th, 2024, 07:54 AM
fly

Lichenpaw
~<>~
14 moons || she/her || WindClan apprentice || honed skill [INACTIVE]

Lichenpaw kept quiet as she followed her new mentor out of camp. The last time she'd left on her own... well, she hadn't come from that experience unscathed to say the least of it. Sky blue eyes glance down to her paws where the bright pink... things on her claws poke out as she walks. They don't hurt, but it feels weird to have them on and with no way of sharpening her claws at all. One of them had already fallen off her smallest claw, so she figures the rest will be gone eventually, but still. Coming to a stop, Lichenpaw listens to Wolffang's questions attentively.

"All my training should be complete," she states, "I've done basic and rabbit hunting, basic and advanced battle training too. I've seen the borders with Bravebird and Hawkfur and... and Sleethound, too," it's embarrassing, but she is unable to prevent the way her voice catches on her first mentor's name. She'd loved Sleethound like he was her older brother, and it just doesn't feel right knowing he's dead. "I haven't been to many of the landmarks of the clan, though, and I went missing um... a few moons ago, right after- right after Cow was exiled..." I doesn't feel right calling him by just his prefix, but Twilightstar had stripped him of his suffix when she'd exiled him and Lichenpaw feels even weirder deliberately disobeying her leader's words.

[ no worries about the wait !! ]
[ @TheNyanCatMinecart ]
Old June 9th, 2024, 04:46 PM

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN ~

Something strange caught Wolffang's eye as he watched Lichenpaw, awaiting her answer. There was something pink covering her claws. He frowned at it. It didn't look natural. Something made by Twolegs, perhaps? Realization hit him as if a paw had swiped him in the face. She was kidnapped by Twolegs. That's why she'd been gone.

Wolffang wanted to curse the vile creatures, but Lichenpaw was talking, so he focused on listening to her, putting his anger aside. He nodded... then the emotion returned. So, the Twolegs had taken a fully capable apprentice away from WindClan. If only there was some way to get revenge, he thought, flexing his claws. They sank into the green grass and brown soil. But Twolegs weren't like RiverClan. They couldn't be driven out. They turned his powerful, fellow warriors powerless. Sometimes, the sun was forced to sink into darkness.

But the former deputy knew when to let his emotions take over, and now was not the time. He put that anger aside... for good this time... and took note of everything his new apprentice said. Sleethound. He knew that name, though couldn't recall much about the cat behind it. Lichenpaw seemed to miss him. He felt a twinge of sympathy. Life out here could be difficult, with the deaths of friends and family and Clanmates. Like Fernrise. Fernrise himself had had to deal with the death of his mentor.

Lichenpaw really reminded Wolffang of the brown tabby.

His gaze softened. He could already tell that mentoring Lichenpaw would be nothing like dealing with Leechscar or Cloverheart. This cat... he liked her, and she didn't hate him. Even though there wasn't much left to do, Wolffang found that he was looking forward to making Lichenpaw into a warrior.

He nodded again once she finished speaking. "How caught up are you on recent events? Which landmarks have you seen? I'll show you around those first. Afterward, if you're not too tired, I'd like to assess your skills. I don't doubt your word, but as your new mentor, it's imperative that I make sure you are performing up to standard. And after that, I'll hold your final assessment - on a different day, of course."

He paused for a moment to let this all sink in, then finished, "I know we won't be together for long, but I'm looking forward to training you. I'm sure you'll make a great warrior." His paws tingled with excitement. It always made him happy, the prospect of turning a cat into a warrior, and Lichenpaw would be his first.

@Neptune.

Character Creator!

Old June 17th, 2024, 08:47 AM
fly

Lichenpaw
~<>~

Wolffang was interesting. He was different than her other mentors in that he actually seems to be taking an interest in and putting effort into her training. The only other cat to do that had been Sleethound, and the feeling of being somewhat of a priority was... nice. It was a nice change.

"I've heard a little about the minks," she says. Honestly she had only heard that there had been minks around but not much beyond that. "And I know RiverClan hasn't stopped antagonizing us, but if there's anything beyond that I haven't heard much of it.

"As for the landmarks I've been to, I've been to Sunset Grove on a couple patrols and that's it."
While she was still here, her training had heavily focused on the content she needed to learn rather than the places she might need to see, so she'd managed to secure border tours, but not many landmark tours. Still, it was better than nothing and Lichenpaw figured she could always scout them out later if need be.

"That sounds great!" The small calico agrees with a grin, "thank you for finishing my training!"

[ @TheNyanCatMinecart ]
Old June 27th, 2024, 04:51 PM

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN ~

Wolffang pricked his single ear, listening closely as Lichenpaw spoke. So, she knew about RiverClan and the minks...

"RiverClan and the minks matter the most," he meowed. "You didn't miss much other than that." He gritted his teeth. "Those vile fish. Killing our cats, torturing our apprentices, infiltrating our camp..." He shook his head. Now was not the time to let rage consume him.

"I'll take you to the landmarks you haven't seen yet. That'll give you a good opportunity to stretch your legs. After that, we'll see how you feel." Wolffang wanted to get Lichenpaw to her ceremony as quickly as possible, but he didn't want to overwork her.

@Neptune. (I apologize for the delay and the short post! We can offscreen the hunting/training review, as Lichenpaw already has the experience )

Character Creator!

Old June 28th, 2024, 10:57 AM
fly

Lichenpaw
~<>~

With a nod, the small calico follows after her mentor, eager to be done with her training.

[ no worries !! we can try and speedrun landmarks maybe ]
[ @TheNyanCatMinecart ]