Today 12:21 PM

Old June 26th, 2024, 02:06 AM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ShadowClan Grimpeak

CW: dissociation

SQUIRRELPAW
she/her. 12 moons. small, scarred russet molly with brown markings and yellow eyes.
[ chill of death ]

out of all that dawnstar begins with, squirrelpaw manages to make out that – oh, goopywhisker got an apprentice, good, good. he deserves one. luckily, the ringing subsides for the most part, thank stars. I've got to - gotta get..this under control, whatever..it is, she decides as she sits up straighter, forcing her chin up. because this is something to be proud of, certainly not something to be tarnished because of an internal moral battle.

eyes settling on the massive leader once more, her fur bristles just slightly. even in her less than fully aware state, she'd have to truly be blind to miss the critical stare dawnstar sets on her. it's like she can practically sense that the leader doubts her - something that reminds her that expectations don't stop once she's become a warrior. when she's slaughtered somebody. she really, really doesn't want to be scrutinized forever. i'll just try to be better, she thinks. a better warrior for shadowclan, is what she's thinking.

"I do." she says. and it's settled as soon as the words leave her mouth. she needs to work harder and prove that she's worthy.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old June 26th, 2024, 10:15 AM
THE BIRDBRAIN

Bump Policy: anytime m8
My Mood: Lurking

ashkit
agenderthey/them - 6 moons
silvertongue [active!]

Ashkit’s eyes turned to slits.

“WHAT?” They whisper-shouted to themself while looking around, confused.
They were meant to be an apprentice now!
They were old enough!
They were ready!
…Right?

stay sigma, chat!
pronouns.cc

Last edited by birdbrain; June 26th, 2024 at 10:15 AM.
Old June 26th, 2024, 03:39 PM
The_legendairy_Cowstar

Bump Policy: Any time hehe
My Mood: Aggressive

[Tick Paw]
[Purrks- Bewitched/Constant Hunger-Chill of Death-Shadow Fiend-Lyrebirds Lullaby]
[He Him] - [Shadowclan Apprentice] - [6 Moons]

TickKit-TickPaw’s eyes widened his sour mood swiftly stomped out a the wonder struck gaze he held. He was an apprentice now! He could go out in the territory, learn moves and patrol with the other warriors! He was going to be such a good apprentice that mother would just have to be proud of him. He blinked at the name of his new mentor. NewtBelly? The name rolled around in his mental catalog of names and voices but nothing seemed to click enough for him to recognise it. Nonetheless he offered a beaming smile and searched the crowd eagerly for NewtBelly, although he wasn’t sure who he was looking for. After a moment of his gaze bouncing from cat to cat he let out a sigh and rolled his shoulders. Weaving his way through the gathered cats he moved to a particularly open space so that he’d be much easier to spot and sat tall in hopes his glaringly bright fur would prove a visual indicator of his location.

TickPaw was a curious name- not that he was upset about it stars no! He was an apprentice and having paw in his name meant he was officially one at last! But, he also felt strange saying his name in his head like that. He’d have to repeat it a dozen times before he stopped calling himself tickkit, maybe hearing others say his name would help? TickKit blinked as he remembered that Mother’s was almost guaranteed to still be watching him, Mother was officially a warrior again too now! How exciting! Maybe they’d get to patrol together and Mother could talk to him about some moves she knew, he wished he could be taught like RoseKit was. He wished RoseKit was here to recieve her apprentice ceremony with him, and especially wished that they’d have gotten the chance to train together. The thought definitely tugged at his mind and made his head lower. Grieving was for the dead, he was sure she was fine.

A brush against TickPaw’s shoulder made him jump as something-or someone walked past and seated themself next to him. His eyes widened at Mother’s icy glare, but tickpaw held his tongue incase mother had something to say. When nothing came out he simply slid his eyes away and toward the crowd again seeking out the cat who’d be in charge of the rest of his apprenticeship.

( @sleepyyjax , mention for NewtBelly! )

•Stoat Leap•
• She/Her • Warrior • No Purrks

StoatLeap held her glare for as long as she could until her eyes relaxed as Tickpaw got a mentor, NewtBelly. She couldn’t place the cat’s name nor connect it to any faces that she had seen in her time in shadow clan, but she could know something for sure. She didn’t want them screwing up her only remaining kit’s future. Her eyes scored across the prey-cats gathered but she failed to pick-up anyone in particular to match the name. Rising and briefly stretching in what space she had to do so she strode through and slinked behind TickPaw who’d sat down and was gazing around like a lost kitten, distaste formed as she sat tall and high beside TickPaw. Her eyes fixed themselves on TickPaw and she had to mentally scrummage through her decision making skills and dignity, right now TickPaw was a mild disgrace to her name but if the training was treated wrong or he got any ideas and became more prey than hunter than she’d have failed completely and would have to start from scratch. It was her personal decision to wait with TickPaw for their mentor to arrive so she could properly examine who was controlling her kits future, then she’d stretch her paws and hunt for a bit to get used to it once more. Not as if she was out of practice but it’d been a while since she had hunted “normal” prey.

(Bit of a rushed post! )

Heya! If you’re interested in rping feel free to message me whenever! I’m also lf help with rping better!
All pixel art used is credited here!
Rp tracker/Finder!
My Characters!
Art store: here
Formerly: | The-legendary-cowstar | Spider-Cow
Hello! Sometimes I'll be a little busy or get sick or not have access to my technology/Laptop so my apologies if I forget to reply or do something!
Old June 26th, 2024, 05:01 PM

Bump Policy: 36 hours
My Mood: Angelic

Newtbelly - he/him - 14 moons

Already? Newbelly sat up taller. No worries!! It’ll be a breeze right? He knew his stuff, he was confident of that. But he wasn't even part of the RiverClan battle - were his skills really refined enough? At least his prayers had been answered and a distraction had been granted unto him. There was no use getting himself into a rut over this battle, there was a more important matter at paw. Awkwardly, he glanced at Owlthroat, trying to figure out what his thoughts could possibly be.. Not that he could ever tell. Just as soon as Owlthroat was distracted by a new apprentice, Newtbelly was tasked with training one himself, go figure. Anyways, if he handled this well he could prove his talents to the rest of the clan, and maybe actually be invited to the next battle. If only he didn't have to wait so long.

He'd just just seen Dawnstar address a ginger apprence, now where did he go? It took a little scanning, but soon enough Newtbelly's eyes rested upon bright orange fur. Thankfully he didn't seem like a slacker - he sat tall in the clearing. He wasn't sure how he'd even begin to handle a lazy apprentice. Maybe he'd take on his own mentor's strict behaviours. However, it didn't seem like that'd be a problem. As long as Tickpaw harboured a similar level of ambition to him, all would run smoothly. A sigh escaped his lips as he stood up, stretching his back. After giving a polite nod to Owlthroat, he skulked towards his new apprentice. He didn't want to cause too much of a fuss during the ceremony, so tried to keep his words brief. "Tickpaw," he nodded, mustering a smile and trying not too appear too intimidating, "I look forward to mentoring you."

tags -
@Fritter - Tickpaw
@Daragca - Owlthroat (slight mention)

Last edited by sleepyyjax; June 26th, 2024 at 05:04 PM.
Old June 26th, 2024, 05:10 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Cinderpaw watches, eyes brimming with wonder as the new apprentices were named and then, with greater awe, she witnessed Sleepypaw's ceremony. Sleepypaw, her sister, barely older than her by a few moons, was given the chance to receive her name. She'd finished her training already? Cinderpaw had barely made a dent in hers... maybe she's just not ambitious enough... but she wants to be ambitious! She wants to stand at the same level as momma and papa! It's just... she doesn't know if that's something within her capabilities anymore...

[27/100]

Last edited by Neptune.; June 26th, 2024 at 05:11 PM.
Old June 26th, 2024, 06:41 PM
The_legendairy_Cowstar

Bump Policy: Any time hehe
My Mood: Aggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyyjax View Post

Already? Newbelly sat up taller. No worries!! It’ll be a breeze right? He knew his stuff, he was confident of that. But he wasn't even part of the RiverClan battle - were his skills really refined enough? At least his prayers had been answered and a distraction had been granted unto him. There was no use getting himself into a rut over this battle, there was a more important matter at paw. Awkwardly, he glanced at Owlthroat, trying to figure out what his thoughts could possibly be.. Not that he could ever tell. Just as soon as Owlthroat was distracted by a new apprentice, Newtbelly was tasked with training one himself, go figure. Anyways, if he handled this well he could prove his talents to the rest of the clan, and maybe actually be invited to the next battle. If only he didn't have to wait so long.

He'd just just seen Dawnstar address a ginger apprence, now where did he go? It took a little scanning, but soon enough Newtbelly's eyes rested upon bright orange fur. Thankfully he didn't seem like a slacker - he sat tall in the clearing. He wasn't sure how he'd even begin to handle a lazy apprentice. Maybe he'd take on his own mentor's strict behaviours. However, it didn't seem like that'd be a problem. As long as Tickpaw harboured a similar level of ambition to him, all would run smoothly. A sigh escaped his lips as he stood up, stretching his back. After giving a polite nod to Owlthroat, he skulked towards his new apprentice. He didn't want to cause too much of a fuss during the ceremony, so tried to keep his words brief. "Tickpaw," he nodded, mustering a smile and trying not too appear too intimidating, "I look forward to mentoring you."

tags -
@Fritter - Tickpaw
@Daragca - Owlthroat (slight mention)
[Tick Paw]
[Purrks- Bewitched/Constant Hunger-Chill of Death-Shadow Fiend-Lyrebirds Lullaby]

TickPaw jumped ever so slightly, he assumed that hearing someone else say the new ’paw’ part of his name would make it easier to get used to but he supposed it took time to get used to rather than a few moments. TickPaw offered a returning smile as he turned his focus completely onto NewtBelly. He wondered what training was going to be like, he’d heard many stories of strict mentor’s and poorly trained apprentice’s, as well as seen the result’s from both a bad apprentice and tight mentor although never understood completely what he was seeing. Being told that his mentor looked forward to doing their job was actually something that prompted a slightly wider smile, but more amused than he intended it to be. If mother hadn’t been right next to him he was sure that all these reactions would have come easier to him but there was some need to judge this cat just to seem like he knew more than he did.

Paws shuffling he shifted his attention forward and decided to try pry for answers on some of the typical questions any rational cat would ask. “And I look forward to training as your apprentice, when will we start and what sort of training will we focus on first?” TickPaw rubbed a paw over his throat self-consciously, he was aware how stale his words must have sounded if only he hadn’t been convinced to act and speak formal. But it was just two questions, he felt admittedly embarrassed at his still-high-pitched voice but he was hoping that it would lower down in time. He didn’t want to sound like a mouse all his life! TickPaw was eager for battle training, he was especially ecstatic for all the new moves he’d be learning. And the techniques! He’d have it all soaked into his mind the moment he was told it, he would make sure of it. TickPaw rolled his shoulders tried to fix his posture, he’d be ashamed to start slouching all of a sudden in front of his new mentor! Would it be rude if he asked more questions? Just the two had already been the most he’d spoken in a while, he rarely exchanged words with any-cat outside of family.

•Stoat Leap•
• She/Her • Warrior • No Purrks

StoatLeap glanced toward the cat as they approached TickPaw and blinked slowly, judgement was few and far between especially since TickPaw had actually made an effort to sound anything other than rough. Tail curling over her side she twitched an ear and fixed her gaze better on DawnStar. She wasn’t looking forward to returning to her duties now but she hated being in that nursery more than she hated warrior-duties.

(Very lazy post since i’m about to go to sleep )

Heya! If you’re interested in rping feel free to message me whenever! I’m also lf help with rping better!
All pixel art used is credited here!
Rp tracker/Finder!
My Characters!
Art store: here
Formerly: | The-legendary-cowstar | Spider-Cow
Hello! Sometimes I'll be a little busy or get sick or not have access to my technology/Laptop so my apologies if I forget to reply or do something!
Old June 26th, 2024, 08:06 PM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Three Days
My Mood: Asleep

Marshypaw
Male / 6 Moons / ShadowClan / Sexuality Unknown
Russet tabby tom with cream-brown fur around the torso, blue and yellow heterochromatic eyes, and a naturally sinister expression

Well there’s no point to misery without joy, now is there? Just like there’s no point to beauty without brains! That last part is something that you, my friend, need to work on!
~Marshypaw

✽❀✽

Marshykit stood with his head held high as he awaited the sound of his new name, staring up at Dawnstar and the Grimpeak with curiosity gleaming in his yellow and blue gaze. Despite the fact that his literal apprenticeship ceremony was currently in the process of occurring, his mind was on something else. How many cats would it take to move the entire Grimpeak to the other side of camp? One hundred? One thousand? More? The young tom was not sure, but it was quite a fun thought to think over while he still uninterested as Dawnstar began to give the kittens around him their apprentice titles, debating with himself as to whether one hundred copies of Dawnstars, Fadingsuns, Bumblestars, and Twilightstars could handle it on their own, or if they would need the help of a few hundred more. The idea weirdly interested the russet and cream tabby tom, but eventually, he was snapped out of his head when he heard the sound of his denmates’ names, beginning with Tickkit’s name change. Marshypaw shot the orange and white tom a brief glance, before perking his ears at the sound of his own name. When the sound of ‘Marshypaw’ reached his earshot, the russet and cream tom straightened and smiled. Hey, I know him! He thought to himself, whiskers twitching. How funny! In all seriousness, finally, an escape from the Milk-Haven, the nursery. Also, an escape from the contaminations; The Kittens it shelters! He didn’t give the fact that he had just been a kitten himself any attention, and instead, Marshypaw kept on smiling and staring.

Eventually, after Cloverpaw, Twilightpaw, and Fallowpaw were called, Marshypaw prepared to hear out the mentorships. Marshypaw heard his name get called out again, this time before Tickpaw’s, and with a round and wide heterochromatic stare, he thought about the name of his mentor. Raspberryswirl, was it? Not bothering to keep his voice quiet, Marshypaw looked around curiously with a, “Oooh!” of interest at the sound of the name. It sounded pretty familiar, and in addition, he liked the name. Raspberryswirl… it sounded interesting! Maybe adorable-cute, but Marshypaw didn’t care. It had character to it, and that was all Marshypaw could ask for in his mentor’s name. Now, to actually interact with the she-cat for the first time.. that was when the russet and cream tom would truly get to know this Raspberryswirl character. He looked around for a moment to see if he found anybody he recognized as his new mentor, and eventually, his gaze landed on a familiar gray and white molly. His right ear twitched, and curiously, he turned to head in the she-cat’s direction. What a bright pink nose! See, there was even more character behind her name! Marshypaw had a feeling he was going to like his mentor, with the amount of personality that she was likely to have. So far, despite the fact that Marshypaw hadn’t exchanged a single word with her yet in his entire life, he was almost completely sure that she was going to have a lot of personality.

When he was close enough to be heard, ignoring the crowd and the public, Marshypaw called out to his new mentor, “Greetings, Raspberryswirl! I find your name… fascinating! You must feel blessed by the stars above to have it!” He had meant it mostly as a kind start to their relationship, because seeing as Raspberryswirl had not been rude to him so far, he felt no need to treat her with any disrespect. Yet. Much of the compliment had also been out of honesty- if he liked something in somebody, he was going to tell them, just like he did now. He felt that Raspberryswirl had deserved it, so boom, simple: He had said it. But he was not finished speaking. “Honored to be educated under your mentorship, Raspberryswirl!” He bowed to her dramatically, sweeping a paw out as he did. Gotta be politely eh? He reminded himself. Once he was back onto his feet, he flashed a smile, tip of his tail twitching. “Now, I look forward to my training, genuinely. My only oh-so-very humble request is that you do not make it Hell, yes?” To Marshypaw, this seemed like a simple request. How hard could it be to not emotionally torture an apprentice?

Marshypaw has Reached Apprenticeship

✽❀✽

// Dang it, short post- sorry about that! I’m getting thrown around in my dad’s junk-truck on a rocky road, oops. But I’m not roleplaying with anybody so it’s okay ;-; \\

~ @ophelia ~

Feel free to stop by, request a roleplay, or just chat! I’m all open!

WIP Character Biographies //

Have a nice day! ~ Fritz ~
Old June 26th, 2024, 08:44 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

[ For some reason meetings always sap the motivation out of me ;w; ]

Lostspark - ShadowClan Enforcer

Sleepypaw's [ @Estelle ] appearance at her side didn't go ignored, and Lostspark wrapped her tail around her daughter as the youngster leaned against her. Amber hues flitted back in Quillpaw's [ @furrensic ] direction, heart lightening slightly at his question. She hadn't missed his frown, and had been suddenly feeling rather awkward at the infliction that she wasn't wanted around, but the question made her brighten considerably. Probably a little too much. Was she affection starved? Maybe. Lostspark wouldn't ever admit it, though.

Wait, Quillpaw's question had been about the... battle? Oh. "It was bloody." She offered quietly. "RiverClan faced a great loss. . . a lot of their cats died, but they brought that upon themselves. If they didn't want to be shoved out of their home, they better learn when to bite and when to hold back." The scarred grey feline shrugged.

Quietpaw, Rainpaw, Mossfreckle, Rookpaw, Bleedingpaw - so many familiar faces among the crowd. Lostspark's gaze lingered on Bleedingpaw a moment, heart clenching in her chest now that he was gone from the nursery and she could no longer sleep with the adopted tom cuddled close.

Glancing over at Dawnstar as her mother called up Sleepypaw, Rookpaw [ @alec ], and Squirrelpaw, Lostspark found a tentative smile stretching over her face for the first two. One her daughter, the other her apprentice. She sought out Rookpaw first, finding silver eyes already on hers. It was probably impossible for a blind cat to seek out their apprentice in a crowd from so far away - but Rookpaw was smart, Lostspark was sure they'd already figured it out. Chin dipped, Lostspark inclined her head in a gesture of recognition, her smile still in place. The former RiverClanner had earned it, and hopefully would go on to make a home for herself here as Lostspark herself had done... before it had all gone wrong, that was.

Next, she turned to look at Sleepypaw, but noted that her daughter... was asleep. Against her flank. Tired from the battle, worn out from exhaustion, no doubt. Her breath hitched, her Medicine Cat instincts to let Sleepypaw have her rest to recover warring with her need to wake her daughter for this moment . . . so in a mix of the two, Lostspark gently leaned down and nuzzled her daughter. "Sleepypaw, love, your name was called." She'd only call her once, and if she woke, good for her. But Sleepypaw didn't rouse, and though Lostspark braced to feel guilty until next meeting that she'd ruined another one of her children's ceremonies, she wouldn't pester her daughter to wake.

Except Sleepypaw did wake a few minutes later, and the herbalist let out a breath of relief as she pulled herself upright. Beaming at her daughter, Lostspark turned to- oh, she had gotten a new apprentice? Rookpaw was ready to move on, and here was a new recruit for her. Looking down at Cloverpaw [ @Bean ] as the bouncy apprentice hopped over, Lostspark arched an amused and slightly miffed eyebrow at the familiar barrage of questions thrown her way.

"You again." She sighed, but there was no real heat behind her words. The scarred she-cat bent down to boop her nose against the giddy apprentice's. "Shhh. My daughter and my other apprentice are getting their names."

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.

Last edited by Rose; June 26th, 2024 at 08:49 PM.
Old June 27th, 2024, 07:10 AM
memento mori

Bump Policy: 2-3 Days
My Mood: Lurking

Owlthroat
he/him | Shadowclan Warrior | 39 moons
Beefed Up T1
The Dancing Bird

He tilted his head towards Newtbelly, hoping to catch him. Owlthroat swept his bushy tail to the side, twitching now impatiently hoping to be done with the meeting. Warrior ceremonies and apprentices, yawn. Idly flickering his ears he listened in and then his lips began to curl in amusement. Newtbelly had been assigned an apprentice, wasn’t he all grown up now.

A soft rumble of a laugh tickled his chest, this turned his usual bitter mood, sweet. It was about time Newtbelly had some responsibility that seemed like the perfect fit. Swiftly he turned to face the tom and called out after him as Newtbelly slipped off in search of Tickpaw. ”Best of luck newt face”, Owlthroat relinquished a rare friendly wink in his direction. His day brightened immensely, he began to ponder how he would cope with a badgering trainee. Perhaps Tickpaw would be good for him, push some more confidence into his bones and straighten him out.

Owlthroat couldn’t wipe the half smirk from his face.

[​​ @sleepyyjax @Fritter - Slight mention for both]

Old June 27th, 2024, 08:24 AM

Bump Policy: 36 hours
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritter View Post
[Tick Paw]

TickPaw jumped ever so slightly, he assumed that hearing someone else say the new ’paw’ part of his name would make it easier to get used to but he supposed it took time to get used to rather than a few moments. TickPaw offered a returning smile as he turned his focus completely onto NewtBelly. He wondered what training was going to be like, he’d heard many stories of strict mentor’s and poorly trained apprentice’s, as well as seen the result’s from both a bad apprentice and tight mentor although never understood completely what he was seeing. Being told that his mentor looked forward to doing their job was actually something that prompted a slightly wider smile, but more amused than he intended it to be. If mother hadn’t been right next to him he was sure that all these reactions would have come easier to him but there was some need to judge this cat just to seem like he knew more than he did.

Paws shuffling he shifted his attention forward and decided to try pry for answers on some of the typical questions any rational cat would ask. “And I look forward to training as your apprentice, when will we start and what sort of training will we focus on first?” TickPaw rubbed a paw over his throat self-consciously, he was aware how stale his words must have sounded if only he hadn’t been convinced to act and speak formal. But it was just two questions, he felt admittedly embarrassed at his still-high-pitched voice but he was hoping that it would lower down in time. He didn’t want to sound like a mouse all his life! TickPaw was eager for battle training, he was especially ecstatic for all the new moves he’d be learning. And the techniques! He’d have it all soaked into his mind the moment he was told it, he would make sure of it. TickPaw rolled his shoulders tried to fix his posture, he’d be ashamed to start slouching all of a sudden in front of his new mentor! Would it be rude if he asked more questions? Just the two had already been the most he’d spoken in a while, he rarely exchanged words with any-cat outside of family.

As he padded towards Tickpaw, he saw Owlthroat wink at him?! Never once had that happened before. He couldn't help but feel a sense of pride, maybe training an apprentice wouldn't be too hard after all. Though, he still was plagued by doubts. Was two months as a warrior truly enough to train an apprentice? The idea of letting Owlthroat down was terrifying to him. His spiralling on the prospect was quickly interupted by a response from Tickpaw - He was certainly eager, that's a good start! "Hmmm.." He murmered, taking a seat next to his new apprentice, "A territory tour would be a good start. After that I suppose that depends on what you know so far - or, what you're interested in." Thinking back to his own apprenticeship, he was constantly eager to get into the nitty gritty of battle training, but he couldn't begin that without learning a solid gorundwork of basic skills... Maybe he could kickstart Tickpaw's training with a battle session - just something to get him excited for the next six months. That said, maybe Tickpaw was more eager to start hunting, or maybe even climbing, fishing, or swimming?? Newtbelly could definitley teach him the basics when it came to all that, but he certainly wouldn't be able to go in depth... It'd take a lot of convicing to get Newtbelly to swim, as for climbing? It wasn't as bad, but it still wasn't his strong suit. Picking a place to start would be hard - he didn't know the kid at all.

"Did you do any kit curriculum training?" He asked with a head tilt, "er, no worries if not, just so I know where to start.." He stammered over his words a little - ugh, already making a bad impression. He was aware that another cat was sat next to Tickpaw - he wasn't sure who. A family member maybe? Whoever it was, he was a little unnerved by their presence, would they be judging his suitabilty as a mentor? No matter - he just needed to try his hardest, right?

tags -
@Fritter