Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
[p] now it goes question...
Last post by Blossom Cry
Today 03:38 PM
A writer's curiosity.
Last post by ollie
Today 03:32 PM
RiverClan Skyridge
by BEAR.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 03:30 PM
ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by Blossom Cry
Today 03:25 PM
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 03:25 PM
Closed Thread

Old June 25th, 2024, 01:24 PM
yes, it's me again

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Doh
Default Re: RiverClan Mountain Territory

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Warrior |

Heroneye tilted her head to the side. What would a kit born here think of the mountains and the forest? She wondered if they’d have the opposite impressions of their home from her--that the mountains were their home, and the forest was that weird other place they had to be. At the very least, Heroneye could hold onto some certainty that she’d end up back in the “right place” eventually. She wondered if perhaps some might not feel the same.

“Even now, I suppose those sorts of things don’t stop,” Heroneye murmured, half to herself. “Births and growing up and the like. It doesn’t stop, even when everything’s... you know.” She trailed off with a shrug, realizing that she was probably making zero sense and just rambling on about nothing.

( @IDIOTICBEAN101 )
Old June 25th, 2024, 01:58 PM
The silliest of sillies

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: RiverClan Mountain Territory

Caveclaw-She/They

—————————

“No matter what, RiverClan remains.”
That was the only thing Caveclaw had left to offer to the conversation.

It was true, despite being chased out, they were still RiverClan.
And no matter where they were, it would stay that way.

It better stay that way.

@Fits

ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan), Silver Tongue t1-Orangepaw(ThunderClan), Chill of Death-Leopardpaw(WindClan), Dreamwalker-Ravenpaw(ThunderClan), Agatha Kitty-Catfishwhisker(RiverClan), Kitty Softpaws t1-Caveclaw(RiverClan), The Collector-Dewfawn(WindClan)
Old June 25th, 2024, 02:32 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: RiverClan Camp

HERB PATROLS

These herb patrols are due the 5th of July. If you would like an extension, request one by the 3rd of July (preferred). If you'd like to be replaced let me know via VM or DM no later than the 29th June.

Post orders are encouraged. If someone has not replied within 24 hours feel free to bump them and if they still haven’t replied within 72 hours from the original post you can skip over them.

Not completing the patrols will result in IC punishment. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR FINDINGS TO THE PATROL MENU; SQUIDZ AND I WILL BE ADDING THOSE.

Mistyshard
RiverClan Medicine Cat
40 Moons, She/Her
Purrks: The Collector, Dreamwalker
It was time for patrols again. Mistyshard headed to the center of the new camp, clearing her throat before she let her voice ring out. "It's time for patrols! Please listen up in case your name is called." Her amber eye scanned the cats around and her mind puzzled over ways to make this work best.

"First, I want Wormbite [ @wolfie ] to take Morningmimic [ @Ladiebugg ] and Tulippaw [ @chickadee ] to the territory. Collect borage, a tall plant with either blue or pink star-shaped flowers. Also, look for juniper berries, which are purple-blue and grow on prickly, dark green bushes."

"Next, Honeystep [ @Fish ], lead Brokenstream [ @JellyCat ] and Cobwebpaw [ @finley !! ] to search for coltsfoot, a flower that looks a bit like a dandelion with white or yellow flowers. And bring back some cobwebs too; we always need those."

"Right, then I'd like Duskleaf [ @Seamrog ] to take Dusklion [ @taillow ] and Jaggedpaw [ @Madeleine ] to look for marigold, a bright yellow-orange flower with many leaves around its stem. Also, gather some moss while you're out there."

"And finally, Willowpaw [ @SeonghwaBerry ] and Rootpaw [ @poppy ], you two are coming with me to search for dandelion, a flat-headed yellow flower that grows low and has vibrant leaves. Also, let's find some poppy, a red flower with a dark center. Be careful with the seeds. Berrypaw [ @squidz ]... how about you also come along, and I'll kinda leave the lead to you? just try your best and let me know if I ever should take over." She had no doubts Berrypaw would be able to do fine, but she also didn't want to overwhelm the young healer. The lanky molly headed towards the camp entrance and paused there, waiting for the two cats to join her.

Last edited by starry; June 30th, 2024 at 04:32 AM.
Old June 25th, 2024, 02:38 PM
Mucho amor para Seonghwa

Bump Policy: 48 hrs or 2 days
My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
HERB PATROLS

These herb patrols are due the 5th of July. If you would like an extension, request one by the 3rd of July (preferred). If you'd like to be replaced let me know via VM or DM no later than the 29th June.

Post orders are encouraged. If someone has not replied within 24 hours feel free to bump them and if they still haven’t replied within 72 hours from the original post you can skip over them.

Not completing the patrols will result in IC punishment. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR FINDINGS TO THE PATROL MENU; SQUIDZ AND I WILL BE ADDING THOSE.

Mistyshard
RiverClan Medicine Cat
40 Moons, She/Her
Purrks: The Collector, Dreamwalker
It was time for patrols again. Mistyshard headed to the center of the new camp, clearing her throat before she let her voice ring out. "It's time for patrols! Please listen up in case your name is called." Her amber eye scanned the cats around and her mind puzzled over ways to make this work best.

"First, I want Wormbite [ @/wolfie ] to take Amberwing [ @Sklee ] and Tulippaw [ @chickadee ] to the territory. Collect borage, a tall plant with either blue or pink star-shaped flowers. Also, look for juniper berries, which are purple-blue and grow on prickly, dark green bushes."

"Next, Honeystep [ @Fish ], lead Heroneye [ @Fits ] and Cobwebpaw [ @finley !! ] to search for coltsfoot, a flower that looks a bit like a dandelion with white or yellow flowers. And bring back some cobwebs too; we always need those."

"Right, then I'd like Duskleaf [ @Seamrog ] to take Cinderflare [ @occultation ] and Jaggedpaw [ @Madeleine ] to look for marigold, a bright yellow-orange flower with many leaves around its stem. Also, gather some moss while you're out there."

"And finally, Willowpaw [ @SeonghwaBerry ] and Rootpaw [ @poppy ], you two are coming with me to search for dandelion, a flat-headed yellow flower that grows low and has vibrant leaves. Also, let's find some poppy, a red flower with a dark center. Be careful with the seeds. Berrypaw [ @squidz ]... how about you also come along, and I'll kinda leave the lead to you? just try your best and let me know if I ever should take over." She had no doubts Berrypaw would be able to do fine, but she also didn't want to overwhelm the young healer. The lanky molly headed towards the camp entrance and paused there, waiting for the two cats to join her.
Willowpaw bounded forward, she spotted Berrypaw and blinked gently. "Hello. Your Berrypaw right? I'm Stagheart's apprentice" Willowpaw purred gently, staying calm and friendly as she noticed this apprentice had a shy side to her.

@squidz (Sister bonding time ; - ; )

Oceanstar is the leader of Beachclan, he has a semi-open den policy. <33 Mention me where ever just Vm me first Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed Up and Agatha Kitty ! Both active<3 Blackberry is Moonclan's Medicine cat! He has a open den policy!!
"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever" - Park Seonghwa
@/Beanz is haunting my profile :sniffles"

lio lurked here, hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTOBEAN@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw@/Eucalyptuspaw @/rubberRatroom - "It's so preppy in here
Old June 25th, 2024, 03:44 PM
I'm so lost ;v;

Gender: ✭|she/her; but I don't mind being called by any pronouns :'3|✭
Bump Policy: ✎✭|{After 24 hours, and 48 hours on weekdays}|✭✎
My Mood: Devilish

|[ Mud'smoke ]|
he/him | 23 moons | RC warrior | more of a hunter
__________________________________________________ ___

The air tasted bitter. The sharp rocks beneath his paws stung. The sky was grey and overcast. His fur bristled and his whisker twitched, they hadn't been in this camp for long but mudsmoke knew they'd be here longer than the rest of their temporary camps. They had made it to the mountain, their so called safe haven away from rogues and Loners that lived in the outskirts of the clan territories. Mudsmoke stretched wincing at the way his injuries pulled at the action. His shoulders still ached and it hurt to lay on his side. Sitting up he began grooming his fur flat, his anger for the actions of the other clans sparking up every time he saw a missing clump of fur or his tongue grazed over a scar. Reminders of the reason they were out here.

The tip of his tail flicked in irritation. He wanted to have been on one of the patrols that scouted the area, he wanted to be hunting for prey to feed his clan, he wanted to help build one of the dens but NO! He was too injured to do any good, his leg was still broken and needed to rest! It was all a bunch of crap, he could walk perfectly fine! He didn't need to be resting, he should be working like everyone else. He had an apprentice to train, prey to hunt and yet this stupid injury was holding him back.

Pushing himself to his paws, he bit back a hiss as pain shot through him. Gritting his teeth he forced his expression to stay neutral, if he wanted to act better he had to play the part. He limped out of the makeshift warriors den, far from complete. They were luck it hadn't rained yet, he thought as he glanced around the clearing, none of the dens looked fully built..sure there were areas that looked fit to be a den but wasn't as protected, a few walls would do to block out wind and rain. Some areas need to be expanded since it wasn't big enough to hold the sufficient amount of cats. He should probably help with that right? He had nothing better to do any way. The fresh kill pile was also extremely low. They had just got here after all...

There wasn't much but a few supplies were stacked up near the entrance of camp, he dragged himself over ignoring how his hind leg protested against the simple action. Picking what he could carry in his maw, he made his way towards the nursery. It looked like the most protected den to him already but he wanted to just add a bit to the entrance before he focused on some other den. Elders next probably, they could use a few walls.

{| open |}
═════════════ ⋆★⋆ ═════════════
Old June 25th, 2024, 04:16 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

Default Re: The Rift [ Atari / RiverClan Border ]

Merlin
~<>~
31 moons || he/him || Atari Claw
grey classic tabby w/ flecks of tan, high white and moderate scaring; brown eyes

The day drags on, and yet there are still things Merlin has to do. Of his own volition, the grey tabby wanders his way to the Atari's borders unchallenged, his goal to refresh their markers was a simple one, and one he did not expect to find interruption in. Simple. Repetitive. Methodical. Find a weak spot, mark it, move on to the next. It's almost mundane how mindless the task is. Very rarely, the Atari face trouble on this border, and even less so since they'd dealt with many in that other group... the one who Merlin did not care to remember a name for... there hadn't been scent of them recently, and that meant the Claws had done their job.

It's a rewarding position, and yet, somehow Merlin wonders if it's the correct position - and he's not talking about morally. Morals don't matter much out here, and especially not within the Atari. If you aren't able to take a life, if you aren't able to defend by whatever means necessary, then perhaps self exile would be the kindest route to take. Morals had never been an issue for Merlin, he's killed in memory and... and he assumes he's killed out of memory, though in that case he only has the accounts of others to go off of, the actual events having been locked firmly behind iron doors.

And it's these thoughts, as well as the familiar question of 'if this the right path for me?' that keeps the scarred Claw company on this expedition, so much so that he does not notice the strange, new scent until it's already on top of him.

[ figured i'd go ahead and get up a starter !! left it fairly open ended so hopefully it doesn't mess with anything you might've already drafted ^^;; ]
[ @starry - mistyshard ]

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Old June 25th, 2024, 04:43 PM
floyd leech my beloved

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Atari Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
Chisei had been sitting with their eyes closed and listening to the wind. Windy weather was their favourite and sometimes it almost sounded melodious. They wondered if it was secretly words, despite themself.

What was definitely words, though not ones that necessarily made sense, was what was spewing out of Goshawk's mouth right now. Chisei cracked open one eye and lazily hollowed the odd circles he made. They were used to his nonesense at this point.

"Yesterday morning it rained, I'm pretty sure." they replied calmly, flicking their ears in suppressed amusement.

GOSHAWK
he/him . 11 moons . scarred, lanky long haired tortie with hazel eyes.
[ silver tongue, lyrebird's lullaby (active) ]

goshawk, finally done with his little dance around chisei, stops in front of his fellow initiate. "oh me, oh my," he murmurs softly in chisei's voice, blinking. he pulls over the younger cat's answer momentarily. what an astounding answer. dear!! how can he counter this!!

"but! consider this, dear friend: did it really rain yesterday? or was that just a figment of your imagination ..a dream, perhaps? truly scary, indeed - how hard it is to prove anything. talk about being deceived, indeed." he laments, still copying chisei's voice. he wears a big, dramatic frown on his maw as he plops down, shaking his head. though, a split second later, he's grinning again. seriously..what's his problem.

artfight | characters | rp tracker/finder

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old June 25th, 2024, 04:44 PM
Matching with @/Rowan!

Bump Policy: ALWAYS. PLEASEEEE
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: The Starpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend-Wondering View Post

Conch/Beachkit
Male / About 5 Moons / RiverClan / Sexuality Unknown
Pale bluish gray tom with tufts on his ears and nose and sandy patches with bright/light gray eyes

O-Okay. I’ll swim the rivers, climb the mountains, reach the skies… yeah… but first I’ll have to learn to walk without falling on my face, I think,
~Conch

TW: This character experiences frequent attacks of nervousness, panic, anxiety, and similar emotions that may be triggering to some readers.

✽❀✽

Once again, Beachkit began to go scavenging through the dark depths and pits of his mind for some positivity. As much as he appeared to enjoy overthinking and crying over the small things in life, he had actually grown quite resentful towards it, and the littlest bits of positivity were full-on miracles to him, especially during times like this where life decided that it was just going to be stressful and overwhelming, no in between. If the gray and sandy tom-kit ever forgot to look around for some optimism every once in a while, he would simply drown in misery. That was always fun, of course- so to avoid this, he had to keep a look out for good things in life. Unfortunately for Beachkit, there did not seem to be many of them at the moment, so he was trapped in the usual cycle of nervously awaiting some light, desperately seeking some love and care. He had Sorrelkit, he had… well, he would have had his mother, if he hadn’t decided to abandon her back at home- but in the end, that was about it. Just Sorrelkit, huh? The small tom-kit thought with a pring of disgust at the lonely idea. She’s g-great and all… but like… d-dang. I’ve got things to w-work on, then, r-right? Yes, as if he hadn’t already been trying. Beachkit glowered at the ground. Well, whatever. We’re just seeing h-how things will g-go with O-Owltalon…. aren’t we…? M-maybe it won’t just be S-Sorrelkit, anyway… maybe…?

Maybe Owltalon was simply his first step to becoming more… well, social. He clearly wasn’t doing too well with sociability at the moment, but who knew, maybe Owltalon and a possible friendship with the Lionheart was just what Beachkit needed in his life. Maybe he just needed somebody older and wiser to befriend, and because Seabreeze had decided to be a real crap-load of a brother all of the sudden, a caretaker. Beachkit had no interest in pressuring this random she-cat who he had just met to become some sort of motherly figure to him, but what else was there to do? Just wait out safety and protection? No, he was the equivalent to a baby bird about to fall from its nest out of stupidity, he needed to be cared for. Beachkit shook the thoughts from his head with a pring of irritation, glower fading briefly into a glare. What is up with this? What is WRONG with me?! He asked himself grumpily. I’ve just met her and I’m literally considering putting my child-ly life into her control. I am a perfect example of the result of loneliness, aren’t I? It’s honestly disgusting, I can’t even talk to somebody without immediately jumping to the idea of starting up an entire new world revolving around them. Pathetic, pathetic, pathe- oh, hey, wait…

Had Owltalon not been the first to bring up his safety and protection? Had she not promised her care to him earlier on? This Lionheart had sort of just dropped herself into the position of being his caretaker for at least the rest of this meeting, but seeing as Beachkit was a nervous wreck with nobody to run to for help at the moment, did she expect to just let him go right once the meeting was over? Again, Beachkit definitely didn’t want to be that clingy and annoying child that every babysitter secretly hates, but at the same time, he might just have a heart attack out of panic and die off on his own during so,e random comversation. In other words, he was fragile. Beachkit was delicate. Then you had Owltalon, standing somewhere completely different on the delicacy spectrum with all of her scars and strength- what better guardian than somebody who might have already been through crap? She would most likely know how to deal with some of his struggles in the future, thanks to her own. Yes, the future, that was all that Beachkit was worried about. The young tom-kit’s lip curled. Yeah, ever since Seabreeze decided to ruin it, and- He told himself that he had done enough hating on his older brother, and he shut up his thoughts to listen to Owltalon.

By now the warrior had already curled Beachkit closer, and the patched tom-kit was feeling a bit more comfortable. He still shivered 24/7, occasionally shaking with some sort of dramatic shudder, but it was certainly slowing down. Who knew he would meet somebody to kindhearted to him so quickly! But Beachkit was glad for the generous amounts of comfort and care, so he stayed quiet. It was nice to be calm for a moment or two, now that Owltalon had assured him that he was safe under her protection so many times because he’d kept freaking out like the wimp he was- having some calm out the tom-kit in a wonderland. Anyway, Beachkit was happy to hear some confirmation that Owltalon was not cannibalistic and she did not want to eat him, kindly letting him know that fellow cats were not a part of her diet. When she spoke, her voice was light and not raised, and that definitely helped with some of Beachkit’s freak out. Try screaming at somebody having an emotional attack, watch it get worse. It was good that Owltalon was cautious with things generally considered insignificant like the volume of her voice. She told him that he was no coward, he was only growing up, and Beahckit gave her a small smile of gratitude. He still thought that he was both a coward AND growing up, but he made sure to keep that part of himself. This was when the lionheart told him something that surprised him.

Owltalon was even going as far as to call him brave. Beachkit, the ‘light as a feather, blow away in bad weather’ weakling… brave. If Beachkit’s sense of humor wasn’t broken, he would have found that quite hilarious. He’s, he definitely didn’t just finish trembling and whimpering about some normal chanting a few moments ago. As for the specifics of what the Lionheart covered when speaking to Beachkit, she told him that the finest warriors were not bored, they were made. Beachkit nodded, stiffly. Well, this was assuming he wasn’t just going to die off as an apprentice. Beachkit didn’t want to think about it, that sort of thing was the kind of thought that send him spiraling in anxiety. So instead he kept listening with his attempt at an open mind. Owltalon told him that she found it brave of him to be here, to come and interact/have a conversation with her despite her scars and frightening appearance. She told him that small things led to bigger things, and Beachkit laughed a small, nervous, and close-mouthed laugh at the sound of her, ‘ha!’. As much as he certainly didn’t agree with the scarred and brown she-cat, Beachkit was happy to hear the praise. If he had done something decently courageous, then that was enough to lift his mood, and at least according to Owltalon, he had in fact done so. Well, the more you know, then.

While Beachkit kept on talking, this time about Seabreeze, Owltalon just listened. She was seeming very patient, enough for Beachkit to feel nice and seen. Then at the first mention of Seabreeze, Owltalon cocked her head slightly and fixtures her amber eyes onto him. Beachkit tried to ignore the idea that his next words could upset and surprise her, and beginning to shiver a little bit again, he swallowed and continued. He’s ent on and on about how he and Sorrelkit had been excited to meet their older brother, he did all of the things they hadn’t expected and basically just pushed them away, just like that, and then all of the other details that he had felt the need to include. Beachkit still wasn’t completely sure why he had decided to break for Owltalon and start spewing out all of his traumas all do the sudden, but he was just desperate for somewhere to put his worries… without frightening Sorrelkit. He didn’t want to make his sister worry for him any more than she might already be, so… what to do… ah, yes, worry a random non-Seabreeze Lionheart instead! It seemed to be a perfect plan. Looking on the bright side, now that he’s vented to Owltalon instead of Sorrelkit, he wouldn’t have as much to bother his sister with. Instead, he could give her a chance to say all of the fun and bright things about RiverClan that she could, all without his interruption.

Owltalon suggested that Seabreeze may just not be ready to speak to them yet, stating that having lost family can be surprising. Beachkit’s eyes returned to his paws. Whoops, the shivering returned. It always did, didn’t it? Owltalon also advised him to give his older brother seven sunrises, and if he still refused to speak and interact with Sorrelkit and himself, then Beachkit could simply come to her. Beachkit felt touched, but at the same time, reluctant. He didn’t want to have to wait out somebody’s love that should have been given to him naturally. They were brothers, sure- but then why was Seabreeze so keen on avoiding them? Despite the fact that Seabreeze didn’t actually hate Beachkit and Sorrelkit, that was how Beachkit interpreted the older tom’s actions. Hate, hate, hate. That was all Beachkit managed to see in his brother’s behavior, all through yet another assumption. Beachkit expected that it would be a miserable seven sunrises before he came running back to Owltalon with the bad news, ‘Hey. He still hates my guts.’ with rivers for tears in his eyes. When Owltalon swore that she would find out what was going on, not quite sure what he was doing or why, Beachkit thanked her by leaning his head onto her flank affectionately. To heck with seven sunrises, they needed to be close friends now. Maybe it made Beachkit appear impatient, but he didnt know what else to do. As usual, the nervous tom-kit just wanted some peace and calm. For once. Finally, Owltalon said that this was what she was here for, and that keeping him safe was her top priority. She assured him that he count count on her, and there was no need to ask for her protection. It was there naturally. With his head still resting on Owltalon’s flank (unless she had decided to dodge his affection, I suppose) he mumbled the words that popped out of his mouth without his telling. It was as if his mouth had a kind of his own. “S-So I don’t even have to a-ask… your care is natural. Should’ve been Seabreeze’s, though, shouldn’t it?

He blinked away some unwanted water fork his eyes, telling his sorrow, Not now, and continuing. “A-And you s-said seven sunrises, but… um… I don’t think… that he’ll w-want to talk to us any t-time, let alone just seven… days… r-right?” He sniffed quietly, but brushed it off as nothing but his awkward personality. No need to start crying into so,ebony’s Für again- that was annoying. “And I- um- I know he m-misses C-Cloverpaw still, b-but…I didn’t know that made h-him allowed t-to h-hate us… it still seems… m-messed up. Sorry. Y-you, uh… next t-topic. S-Sorry, you definitely didn’t need any of that...” He smiled an awkward and shaky smile, blinking some watery red from his gray eyes again as he stared up at her, before giving up on eye contact and glancing back at his paws. Then he laughed in pain. “Th-thanks for calling me b-brave… I guess… um… I do a lot of nervous worrying a-and t-trembling, I know… but I’m g-glad to know that y-you think I’m brave. H-Hopefully it lasts, right…?

✽❀✽

~ @Marigoldwhisper (Owltalon) ~

`~Owltalon
She, Her\Lionheart\43 moons\Riverclan
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty ACTIVE!

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·
That first question really pierced her, enough to make the lager cat wince, her ears pulling back. She opened her maw to speak but waited for Beachkit to finish which left her mouth open. It probably made her look like an overly confused fish, like she couldn't believe what she was hearing. I mean, she kinda couldn't but her weird expression probably wasn't really helping Beachkit. So Seabreeze did have other siblings. It felt kinda wrong to know all this, but Owltalon convinced herself it was all in good faith. Things would sort out soon enough, like sand shifting beneath her brown paws.

Cloverpaw? Never heard of her. Where was she? Beachkit knew about her which meant that she was alive when they were. Also, her name was Cloverpaw. The young cat probably had a position in Riverclan. So why would Seabreeze miss her if she's probably here... Somewhere?

Oh, Owltalon, ya big oaf! The she-cat thought, her gaze flicking into something unreadable. Cloverpaw is dead. Seabreeze is grieving. Owltalon didn't know how Seabreeze dealt with his emotions, in fact, knowing would probably only confirm her fears of him being as fragile as porcelain. But this did confirm it, did it not? He was probably so focused on grieving that he was pushing his other siblings away. Maybe they reminded him to much of what he lost or how he could "screw up" again. She was just pulling strings here, Owltalon didn't know what went through the Lionheart's head when he'd first seen his other siblings.

She let out a sigh, glancing back at the Floodstone Starpoint with clouded eyes before softening her gaze when she looked back at Beachkit. Once her amber eye met stormy grey, Owltalon racked her brain as she tried to explain what she gathered from the situation. "Okay, so, Seabreeze don't hate cha, he's just not..." Owltalon wrinkled her nose for a moment. "Al'ight scratch that champ. Seabreeze does share a level of natural affection for ya and yer sibling, Sorrelkit. Ya know, it's a family thing. I don't know the details though, never 'ad siblings, haha!" She laughed, hoping to dampen the edge on the conversation. "He's just grieving, that's my guess anyhow. It might be hard for 'em to start showin' affection again after that kind of pain. I'd give it time, don't wanna break 's dam. Ya understandin', yea? And even if ya don't, that's al'ight. In fact, don't even worry 'bout it. It'll be al'ight, we'll make sure of it, together."

Seabreeze, even if he was anxious, didn't seem like the kind of tom to drop family down a hole due to past experiences. Owltalon could see him being hesitant, but not outright mean and cruel. Beachkit was rightfully feeling Seabreeze's dismissiveness at an extreme of hate. But who knows? Cats can be surprising, and not the good kind. Hopefully it wouldn't be that way. No, it wouldn't, one hundred percent. She had faith it cats, maybe a bit too much. Things would turn around, hopefully in seven sunrises.

Then Owltalon noticed the glisten in Beachkit's eyes. Oh stars above, was he crying? "Hey chap, ya good? Say somethin' wrong? Meetin' got too loud for ya? I can take ya to a quieter place if need be. Also, if ya need to cry don't hold it in for my sake," she smiled. "I've seen worse thin's, honest!" She touched her soft nose to his forehead, her flexible body allowing her to twist in a way that older cats would probably deem uncomfortable. "Seriously though, if ya want an out I'm open pawed, you won't do any harm."

She lifted her nose from his head and offered him a wink. "Ya are brave. I swear it on my ten paw pads! If I can still see after the injuries I've taken, then ya, even as nervous as yer are, can be brave." Owltalon dearly wished she believed him, even prayed silently that Starclan would will some confidence on this fragile kit. Hopefully his sister could further burn that message in his brain. Bravery was something everycat had, whether it be in the bigger things or the smaller ones. Owltalon could tell that Beachkit stepped outside of his comfort zone this evening and she wanted to compliment him.

Marigoldpaw
She, Her\Kit\7 moons\Riverclan
"There will come a poet whose weapon is his word."

Purrks: Dreamwalker [ACTIVE] Chill of Death [ACTIVE]

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·
Just when she thought the party was over for her now that it had shifted towards the newly made warriors (not that she had a problem with that, she felt very happy for them too) Aspenkit surprised her, as he always did. Marigoldpaw hoped he'd never stop jump-scaring her with wacky hijinks and shenanigans. Aspenkit was awesome. Plus, all the excitement kept her on her toes. She was glad to see he was okay and just as shouty as usual despite the recent battle.

"Thanks, Aspenkit! I really really appreciate it." She smiled so wide her cheeks hurt, but even after the pain settled deep within her fur she just couldn't stop smiling. "I made it, can you believe I made it!? WOOO IT FEELS AMAZING!" She was practically bouncing around with excitement.

"You are okay, right? Not mad at me are you?" Marigoldkit... Uhh, Marigoldpaw, still remembered her outburst at his suggestions during the attack. Just thinking about it made her want to throw up despite her empty stomach. Oh wait... Her stomach was empty. She hadn't eaten! Though, eating right now would probably make her throw up anyways, so maybe not now. Later. Definitely later. "I didn't mean to shoot you down, I'm sorry, really really sorry."

Tags:
@burntToast // Aspenkit (THE SKRUNKLY)

Owltalon is the current Riverclan Deputy.
If you need her, mention me!

Riverclan Resources
My Art Shop!
Old June 25th, 2024, 05:21 PM
The silliest of sillies

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Atari Territory

Rattler-He/Him
Trapper

————————

Oh, another simple, boring, repetitive day.
The same things.
Same sights.
Geez, it was kinda bland, wasn’t it?

Rattler had decided to hunt, ya know, to do something.
Maybe he would see another cat while he was out, maybe not.

He hoped so, maybe it would liven up this dreadfully boring day.

Boy, had he thought being a trapper would be more fun than this.

Rattler let out a bit of a dramatically long sigh before he fully focused on finding some prey.

[OPEN]

ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan), Silver Tongue t1-Orangepaw(ThunderClan), Chill of Death-Leopardpaw(WindClan), Dreamwalker-Ravenpaw(ThunderClan), Agatha Kitty-Catfishwhisker(RiverClan), Kitty Softpaws t1-Caveclaw(RiverClan), The Collector-Dewfawn(WindClan)
Old June 25th, 2024, 05:56 PM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Default Re: Atari Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrensic View Post

GOSHAWK
he/him . 11 moons . scarred, lanky long haired tortie with hazel eyes.
[ silver tongue, lyrebird's lullaby (active) ]

goshawk, finally done with his little dance around chisei, stops in front of his fellow initiate. "oh me, oh my," he murmurs softly in chisei's voice, blinking. he pulls over the younger cat's answer momentarily. what an astounding answer. dear!! how can he counter this!!

"but! consider this, dear friend: did it really rain yesterday? or was that just a figment of your imagination ..a dream, perhaps? truly scary, indeed - how hard it is to prove anything. talk about being deceived, indeed." he laments, still copying chisei's voice. he wears a big, dramatic frown on his maw as he plops down, shaking his head. though, a split second later, he's grinning again. seriously..what's his problem.
It wasn't the first time Chisei heard their own voice coming out of Goshawk's mouth. It didn't make it any less unsettling and impressive at the same time. The initiate had tried to hint at their friend that this wasn't a pleasant experience, though they gave up eventually and tried to accept it as a normal event. Sometimes they wondered if Goshawk found their calm rationale irritating or fun.

"Well, yesterday me and someone else talked about the rain that was happening and they agreed that it was raining, and I don't think two cats can have the same imagination. Besides, the leaves are still wet." they said casually, not portraying the slight disturbance Goshawk's mimicry caused them. They hooked a wet leaf on their claw, tempted to flick it at their friend's face.
Closed Thread