Hawkfur
WindClan Fury
he/him | 51 moons
[Russet tabby with tuxedo markings and sky blue eyes]
Purrks: Flock Together T3, Beefed Up T1
· · ────────────── · ·
[Larkspring - @Littlesun0112 ] [Maplepaw - @wendigo ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur perked up as Crowtooth began announcing patrols. It was nice, seeing his friend take charge. He seemed to fit the role excellently. Hawkfur would never assume who Twilightstar was looking at for the role of deputy, but the tom would hardly be surprised if the skunk-striped fury was at the top of the list. Hawkfur gave Crowtooth a salute with his tail, seeming more chipper and lively the past few days. With Bravebird's announcement, how could he not?

While Hawkfur was waiting for Larkspring and Maplepaw to show up, he noticed the latter approaching Crowtooth with a sheepish look on her face. He wasn't too familiar with sign language, but he could understand the main gestures. She wouldn't be coming along. That was too bad, but at least she was asking prior to the group leaving. He still had to wait for Larkspring, so he devoted his thoughts to how he would go about the patrol. It was about time for him to patrol the Hills and the Grove anyway, so this would count as one of them. He'd probably report back once they checked around the hills for any remnants of carrion-food or predators, then head out again to patrol the Grove. Usually the work load would make him prematurely tired, but he found himself excited to go out and spend time in the territory. Stars, he really was in a good mood recently, wasn't he!

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old June 23rd, 2024, 04:22 PM
ringfinger

Default Re: WindClan Patrols

batshriek

name again.

this time, he glanced briefly up at the dappled tom. shove it! he thought bitterly, but he only shuddered and nodded jerkily at the other warrior. he didn't know what he was agreeing to; however, he figured it was unimportant.

while he dug his claws into the dirt below and scratched at it, he eyed the new company: the light brown tom. he noticed Wolffang's ear twitch, and he watched it for a moment with guarded curiosity.

his tail flicked and curled close to him when that same cat yowled out. he shrank back, spat a moment later, and shook his head out. looking again, he mused to himself, not quite liking how the other warrior regarded him. it made the muddied fur of his tail bristle.

following the gray tom's gaze, he glanced sideways to peer at the cat who'd originally called him over. much going on in this stupid, crowded place.
Old June 24th, 2024, 12:15 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 51 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

The fury was going to slam his head into a rock so had he got memory loss again and broke the rock. This patrol round was a disaster, cats were not showing up or bowing out left right and center and while the tom understood the later he still wanted to scream. He was calm though. Totally.

"Yer dismissed Maplepaw @wendigo just if its a proper issue an' not a headache go see Lightningstorm, we dont need another clanmate keeling over."

Ok so everyone in Crowbreezes patrol arrived and headed off and so did Whisperinghive and Flowerpaw so good for them. However the other patrols each had an issue.

The Riverclan patrol was in shambles with Batshriek being a weirdo and Brightpaw not showing up but at least Stonetail had been able to be replaced with Sunburst quickly so hopefully Wolffang was going soon.
Leechscar and Frostpaw were here but not Littlecloud and honestly if they wanted to leave without that fool Crowtooth did not blame them.
Hawkfur first had Maplepaw bow out then Larkspring not even show (and Crowtooth was doubting she would) and so that was a bust and finally there was Silverfur. Who was whining but had arrived unlike the abject disappointment that was Swiftfire.

RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHGHGHGH!!!!!

Ok internal scream over Crowtooth was calm.
"Batglare @Moonraven I can see ya lurkin' an' watchin' this disaster. Im headin' out wit' Hawkfur @Mica given I doubt Larkspring is showin' so can ya take over fer mindin' Silverfur on her punishment patrol? Help or just watch an' gather cobwebs yer choice she just needs another cat there while she takes on some bees fer their honey, thanks.

Hawkfur yer on point get me the hell outta here before I go crazier then the fishes please."
He would cry please buddy-o pal-o bro he needed a nice calm hunt where nothing went wrong so badly.

ALL PATROLS HAVE BEEN GIVEN A 5 DAY EXTENSION DUE TO THIS DISASTER. NEW DUE DATE IS THE 8TH OF JULY
Old June 24th, 2024, 03:09 PM

My Mood: Queenly

@Rani

SilverFur would be comfortably sat down grooming her fur while this mess occurred. She wouldn't be getting involved because she would end up getting blamed for cats not showing up. She would slowly stretch as she gets assigned a new patrol buddy, she would huff. She didn't need supervision, she wasn't a kit outside of the nursery.

@Moonraven

SilverFur would flick her tail and look for Batglare, oh please star clan. If this cat didn't show up or had a excuse then she could get off her patrol. Or at least watch this chaotic scene for a bit longer

Last edited by SilverFur.; June 24th, 2024 at 03:10 PM.
Old June 24th, 2024, 04:28 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Batglare
The Head Fury pinned his ears back as he was called out for the lurking. He was, but he didn't like getting called out for it. The senior warrior was not pleased with Silverfur in the slightest. Her sass, her disrespect, her arrogance, she was everything he wanted out of WindClan. He wasn't keen on babysitting her, but at the same time, it might be best that he go with her.

Batglare was aware that Twilightstar and Crowtooth had given the molly multiple punishments and it seemed like nothing was fixing that attitude of hers. If she wasn't going to change, Batglare found no need to keep her and was not above driving her out of the clan himself. He'd take whatever punishment Twilightstar wanted to bestow upon him, whether that be a demotion or apprentice duties if it meant WindClan had one less problem cat to deal with.

The huge, scarred, brown, and white senior paused as he walked up to Silverfur, his deadpan expression and intense yellow-green glare fixated on the she-cat for a second and then turned toward the exit. "Move." He ordered, and then walked passed her and out of the camp.
@SilverFur. [Silverfur]

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old June 25th, 2024, 07:38 AM

My Mood: Queenly

@Moonraven

SilverFur twitched her whiskers and blinked at him. He looked the type to cuff her around the ears for her cheek and that certainly wasn't a fight she was going to win or at least win without major injuries. Without a usual jibe, she would get up and pace off after him in a hurry.

"So where are we exactly going? Also how are you meant to get honey without being stun to bits, can't exactly fight a hive of bees" she would ask trying to keep pace with him.
Old June 26th, 2024, 04:06 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Hawkfur
WindClan Fury
he/him | 51 moons
[Russet tabby with tuxedo markings and sky blue eyes]
Purrks: Flock Together T3, Beefed Up T1
· · ────────────── · ·
[Crowtooth - @Rani ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur watched with vague interest and increasing concern as Crowtooth seemed to toddle closer and closer to the edge. He wanted to reach out, but Crowtooth seemed to think the same. The russet tom chuckled lowly as he approached his friend, nudging his shoulder. "Don't take it personally," he mumbled, glancing back at the disappointing remains of what should have been a simple patrol roster. "They'll get better next time." Hopefully. If not, Hawkfur might have to start doing all the patrols himself. Sure, he couldn't be in multiple places at once, but he would damn well try if it meant the clan was strong and healthy and in a proper place to welcome his kits.

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old June 26th, 2024, 11:25 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

PATROLS ARE DUE JULY 10TH BY 11:59 PM EST
If you need an extension, let me know a maximum of 3 days after the deadline.
If you need to be replaced, please have your character approach Lightningstorm with an in character excuse.
Herb patrols have a maximum of 5 herbs that can be carried per character; 8 herbs for those with The Collector purrk. Please make sure to provide a link to the post where your character gathered the herbs when handing them in or the patrol will be invalidated and your character will be punished.

| Lightningstorm |
19 Moons - WindClan Medicine Cat
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive

Despite greenleaf being upon them, the sky was broken up with clouds, sunlight only just peppering the moors beneath in an otherwise drab, gray day. The lack of sun did not really help the heat, unfortunately, and Lightningstorm was already expecting many a feline with long fur to begin having as much problems as she did during the colder moons. The seasons spent prior to the incident were still a blur. Too many cats she couldn't remember involved, she supposed. But if there was one thing she could recall was her hatred of the cold. Unfortunately, unlike in leafbare, there would be no potential for these felines to cool off much during these patrols, but herbs were needed all the same. Perhaps the promise of a nice, cool, shaded nest awaiting their return was all they would need to come back sooner rather than later. And with the careful monitoring she'd been doing of the cats during their spare time, she had even placed a few names to faces by now to help her!

| Moss and Mushrooms |
[ Twilight Falls ]

| Aspenbreak [ @Kix ] | Flowerpaw [ @---Bluestar--- ] | Lightningpaw [ @Lightningpaw666 ] |

"Aspenbreak!" the medicine cat called, blue eyes searching for the dark, skinny feline she'd learned to associate with the name. "I need you to take Flowerpaw and Lightningpaw out to Twilight Falls, love. Get me some moss and some mushrooms. I know you know well enough what moss is, but the mushrooms I am searching for are specific ones. Search for brown looking, soft pebbles that seem to be floating atop light, fleshy trunks. They tend to grow in more humid, shadowy areas beneath stones, close to the moss. Keep your eye on Flowerpaw, by the way. I hear she's currently under punishment, so a patrol to seek out emergency essentials should be a good use of her time."

| Borage and Coltsfoot |
[ Thunderglade ]

| Hawkfur [ @Mica ] | Thrushfreckle [ @ghost. ] | Snowpaw [ @Windy ] |

With the emergency supplies that had been dwindling most out of the way, Lightningstorm turned her gaze to immediately meet a by now familiar face. Hawkfur - she had learned his name in time - had been one of the first three cats she had seen when it had happened. When she had opened her eyes woefully confused as to what was happening. She'd teased him before. An impulse to make others as uncomfortable as she felt at the moment to disguise her own feelings. To seem less a fish out of water surrounded by strangers. The teasing would have continued in earnest - she hadn't lied, after all - but finding out he had a mate made her take pity on the older tom. Turned out she wasn't very attracted to felines in committed relationships. Still, she could seek him out for patrols and some gentle banter. He'd seemed like an amicable enough warrior the few times they had chatted.

"Mornin', love," she mewed in a playful tone as she approached him. "Think you've had a good enough rest since that last raid? I certainly hope so, because I have read the stars and been told that you would be an ace warrior to send out to the ThunderClan border to gather some borage and coltsfoot for me. Of course, the voice sounded an awful lot like mine, so I'm starting to think I was just finding reasons to come talk to you."

Offering a teasing smirk at her words, she continued, "Take your apprentice out with you. You... do have one, right? White she-cat, if I am correct? Take Thrushfreckle with you as well! The borage are easy enough to find. You want the leaves, but the flowers are good too. Purple, star shaped little blooms with a zesty smell. Don't let that fool you, though. Tastes more bitter than a badger on a bad day. The coltsfoot is a little... harder to describe, I suppose. They have flowers resembling dandelions, but can be both yellow or white. Thing is, this early in greenleaf we might have no problem finding the leaves, but I'm not too certain you'll be finding the blooms to match them. They are very fragrant. Sort of like catmint, but not as overpowering. It grows everywhere, really. I just... want to get to testing it out. Such a common herb during newleaf when the herb stores are just beginning to dwindle after leafbare. It would be pretty bloody brilliant if it ends up being of any use at all."

| Tansy and Catmint |
[ Twolegplace ]
Must be completed in a private thread in the Outskirts forum.

| Batshriek [ @samm ] | Tallgrass [ @Spider. ] | Willowpaw [ @Rustleaf ] |

Realizing she had gone on a right tangent there talking about herbs with Hawkfur, the medicine cat purred in amusement before letting the patrol be, turning her attention to the next patrol she would be sending. She wanted smart cats for this... but also cats that were willing to take a risk. It wasn't optimal, but now that it was greenleaf, she needed to stock up on tansy and catmint. Dried catmit in the middle of leafbare was better than none, and there was nothing better if any cat managed to get sick in the darker moons. Ears perking up, the calico noticed a black cat in the clearing as a name got attached to her - no... his - face. Hopefully he would be up for a bit of an excursion.

"Batshriek? Got a big task for you if you think you can handle it. Noticed I'm almost all out of tansy and catmint both, which isn't all that great truth be told. Problem is they don't really grow all that well 'round clan territory. You're going to have to head off to twolegplace for them. Take Tallgrass with you. He's gutsy as all hell. I'm sure he'll be an excellent companion for the trip. And take your apprentice along with you as well. It's good to have a few apprentices learn how to avoid twolegs from their training moons.

Now, for the herbs,"
she mewed, wrinkling her nose as she explained. "Catmint is a green herb. It can be found by its purple flowers, which are similar enough to stinging nettle. The scent is what gives it away, though. Smells absolutely delicious, but I will need you lot to not eat your fill of them. Last thing I need is you lot coming back with tummy aches. For the tansy, all I can let you know is that it is a yellow flower. Looks a bit like someone crossed a marigold and a dandelion, if I'm honest. Smells very sweet. Sweeter than most herbs. Careful with the taste, though. It's so bitter not even the catmint will mask that flavor. You'll be tasting it for a quarter moon."

| Daisy and Chamomile |
[ Sedgewater Valley ]

| Poppysong [ @MangofDoom ] | Deadmoon [ @gs29513 ] | Spottedpaw [ @Fish ] |

Once the twolegplace patrol had been formed, Lightningstorm settled on sending one more patrol out before heading out on one of her own. It had been some time since she had headed beyond the walls of the camp leading a patrol of her own. A whole moon had passed already since her condition had taken hold of her and there had been no change. She had to get used to the idea that she might be stuck like this and move forward. And what was a better way to move forward than by taking advantage of the recently deserted border and grabbing a few herbs that were much rarer around the moors? And why not send a feline who needed these very herbs to begin with?

"Poppysong, come here one mo', would you, love? That's right. I need you to take a bit of a stroll, right? Go over to sedgewater valley. Should be proper safe with RiverClan gone, so take Deadmoon and Spottedpaw with you. I want you to go gather daisies and chamomile. They are both similar looking white flowers, but with daisies, you want the leaves while with chamomile you want the blooms. Just to be safe, bring the lot with root and all, I'll make sure to sort it out here. They have white petals but bright, yellow centers. Hard to miss."

| Sticks and Celandine |
[ Sunset Grove ]

| Lightningstorm [ @/AlchemistKitsune ] | Spiderdusk [ @MrWolfu ] | Rabbitpaw [ @Dolomedes ] |

Now that all other patrols had been taken care of, the lithe calico found herself at a crossroads. There were a few extra herbs she was in need of. One was simply not in her storages, and she hadn't the foggiest why. Perhaps it had been overused? Whichever the case, she was in need of celandine, and the amount of sticks at her disposal was not an amount she was comfortable with. Necessary for broken limbs, she would be incapable of making splints for the clan's felines if she didn't gather more. Lapis hues were quick to look to the clearing for any cat she hadn't already called out to for this round of patrols, and she found herself grinning at the sight of a familiar pair of ears. This one had been popping up all over for her, hadn't he? And always helpful, too. Letting her know when stubborn felines were not wanting to go to her for herbs.

"Ears!" she called out to the tom, the nickname one that came more easily to her than his actual name in her current condition. "You sight for sore eyes. Been trying to save the best for last, you know? Want to head on out to the grove. Get some sticks and celandine. It seems my storage is running awfully low on both of those. Feel it's only appropriate to head out myself and stock up, innit?"

A cheeky smirk accompanied her words as she tilted her head, eager to get going. There was something about this cream tom that felt familiar to her in some way. Very few cats gave her this sense of comfort in the clan. The lad's mentor... Crowtooth, he had called him? At the moment she hadn't realized it, too wrapped up in the possibility of having messed up. But the more she thought about it, the more she realized how talking to him had seemed... natural. How dancing around his questions had felt wrong. Had they been closed before all this? Maybe? Odds were she'd had friends at one point if she lived here.

"Spiderdusk!" Lightningstorm added, mischief in her eyes as she called one more feline in the hopes they could carry back a significant amount. "Join us, love. Two makes a quest, but with three it's an adventure!"

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM
losing sanity

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Amused

@samm @Rustleaf

TallGrass heard his name called and walked over "Oh another patrol okay." he purred with a smile as he looked around for his patrol mates

Bugclan sign ups

-+{My characters}+-

Fallingpaw
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM
ringfinger

batshriek

leave me alone!! he mentally shrieked, turning his wide-eyed stare upon the calico cat when he heard his name. i don't know what you're saying!!

twice now he was caught in these... patrols (that's what they were, weren't they? the memory was a singular grain of sand on a sun-bleached beach washing away under stormy waves) that agitated him to the point of shaking like a leaf in the wind.

pitifully, he studied Lightningstorm, looking for some sort of sign in her expression to be excused from whatever she wanted - no no no, please, no.