Last post by WebsiteKitty
Today 10:29 AM

Old June 25th, 2024, 02:19 AM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default a bed of heather to rest my head [p]

SAGE
he/she/they . 38-40 moons . dusty brown and white tabby; blue eyes; bobbed tail.

life's been quiet. not an eerie, disturbing quiet that leaves one with goosebumps – ridden with fear and discomfort, paranoid that something might go wrong. not a peaceful quiet that's experienced by one when they wake early and watch the sun slowly rise, a promise of the day to come, and the hope of tomorrow. no, it's been neither of those. it's just quiet, static quiet. ever since the night they'd stumbled upon the thunderclan border and talked to rose...

the days have blurred together. it's a cycle that sage repeats: wake up, hunt, eat, drink, sleep - repeat. there's no trespassers, no visitors. no rose, and certainly no aster (a memory that still makes their muscles tense.) it's just them and the quiet of their little abode, save for the sounds of nature. and maybe, just maybe, that's how it's supposed to be. guilt weighs heavy on their mind, of course. as it should – she's abandoned her only living sibling, once more. maybe the thought of seeing rose perish in front of her scares her more than the thought of not knowing if something happens to her sister at all.

besides, he's not meant for clan life. that's obvious enough. if he'd returned, he'd just have been a burden to rose anyway. that's scarier than anything – weighing down your family.

I hope rose has a long, meaningful life..aster couldn't, but rose..she still has a chance, sage thinks with a small sigh as they stretch their limbs. they then curl up in their little nest, summer night crickets idly chirping outside of their makeshift den. me? I'll just keep existing, stay here...even if I miss them both, it's okay, she assures herself. eyes fluttering shut, she pushes away any lingering thoughts. over the past few moons, she's learned that as long as she doesn't focus on the bad stuff ..sleep comes easy. it's the dreams that are haunting.

but this time it's ..oddly peaceful. the dream, that is. as his eyes crack open, the scenery is nothing like the empty black void that typically shows. I know...this place, he realizes, eyes widening. the familiar landscape, the badgers den. a place of (long forgotten, but welcome) serenity. their old home. no, wait, to put it more correctly ..

aster's, rose's, and their old home.

[ @wolfie THEMMM eheh, hope you don't mind me setting the dreamscape ;w; thought their childhood home would be cute ]

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days