build a barrier! [ camp...
by taillow
Last post by Neptune.
Today 08:07 AM

Old June 22nd, 2024, 07:15 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

(Honeychatter has since gone missing, but I figured I'd wrap this up here! Honey is portrayed with @furrensic's permission )

~ TWISTEDPAW OF WINDCLAN ~

AFAB | SHE/HER | APPRENTICE | 16 MOONS | NO PURRKS

Small, skinny, black she-cat with a light gray belly and tail-tip, a mangled tail, a crooked jaw, and one blind eye.

Twistedpaw's emotions felt like one big, blobby mess as she tried to process the kind words Vinepaw and Honeychatter had just heaped upon her. No one - no one - had called her beautiful. And for Vinepaw to pledge such loyalty despite barely knowing her...

She'd learned to accept herself. But, deep down, she'd always assumed that others thought the worst of her. That they'd hesitate or hold back or not treat her as kindly because of the way she looked. Honeychatter and Vinepaw had just proved that very, very wrong.

But Vinepaw's concern and the worried look on Honeychatter's face made Twistedpaw's heart jolt with alarm. Oh, no! They think they've upset me! Guilt began to pool within her, and she swallowed the lump in her throat, sniffling until she felt she could speak.

"N-no, I-I didn't mean that!" she blubbered, her voice more distorted than usual. "I'm n-not upset... it's just... n-no one's said such kind th-things to me before... I just got a l-little... overwhelmed..." She hastily rubbed the tears from her eyes with a round black paw. They still felt heavy, but at least her vision wasn't blurry anymore. "Th-thank you both so m-much...!" She glanced at Vinepaw. He looked fairly similar to her, she couldn't help noting.

"Y-yes, you can call me T-Twisty if you'd like. I've... I've n-never had a nickname before. Is there... s-something I sh-should call you?" She then turned as Honeychatter presented her with some flowers. Immediately, heat rushed into Twistedpaw's cheeks, and her stomach did a funny little dance. "Y-you're so s-sweet..." she meowed. "Th-thank you... both of you... I... n-no one's called me pretty before..."

Hoping she hadn't just messed everything up and still caught in a whirlwind of emotions, Twistedpaw smiled at the pair. Her crooked jaw made it lopsided, as usual, but no cat could doubt it was genuine.

@Tallstar

Character Creator!

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old June 24th, 2024, 06:03 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Dreamlight
The tiny feline sat a few steps away from the warriors' den and sighed soundlessly. She was tired, she hadn't done much at all, but when she didn't have something to fixate her mind on or motivate her, she found the desire to sleep a better way to stave off isolation. She took a moment to sit back and soak up the sounds around her.

Without sight, the summer was all about the sounds, the tastes, and the rising air temperature for Dreamlight. She felt the breeze kiss her warmly and even the grass beneath her paw pads felt softer and tickled. She could smelt the leaves of Galewood and scratched her claws against the grass releasing its perfume she never noticed before. Well, noticing might not be the best word, taking for granted would be better.

Her ears swerved towards the paws that sounded exceedingly loud to her. They were coming her way. Dreamlight took a few cautious steps to the right, assuming the cat would be moving past her to reach the warrior's den, but nope. The cat began talking and if she hadn't said her name, Dreamlight would have thought she was talking to someone behind her because no one talked to the blind warrior. Or rather she didn't make it easy for cats to talk to her outside of her family.

"Uh, sure." She meowed, tone laced with confusion. She felt prickles of pain from the scars on her face as she scrunched up her nose and scented the cat. She was WindClan obviously, but that unique scent signature that solely belonged to individual cats, Dreamlight couldn't recall the name of who it belonged to. "What's your name again?" Dreamlight questioned without a hint of bashfulness. "Are you just talking to me because you're bored?" Not that Dreamlight minded it was just odd is all.
@dagnyme [Whiterabbit]

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training

Last edited by Moonraven; June 24th, 2024 at 06:05 PM.
Old June 24th, 2024, 07:15 PM
losing sanity

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Amused

TallGrass rested

Bugclan sign ups

-+{My characters}+-

Fallingpaw
Old June 24th, 2024, 10:19 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime

vinepaw-8 moons-kind anxious
Vinepaw felt a surge of relief as Twistedpaw reassured him that he hadn’t upset he.As she blubbered on about how kind they were he smiled softly at the mention of the nickname he had given her his smile turned into a grin “Welp Twisty you can call me whatever you likehe said kindly he was quite fond of Twistedpaw though he hadn’t spoken much to her he felt pulled to her.Maybe it was because of her kind nature or maybe because she reminded him of himself whatever it was he made a mental note to always check in on her and mail the damn bastards who did this to her
Tags @TheNyanCatMinecart

Specklepaw is the current medicine cat apprentice for Frostclan
Hyenaslash is the current medicine cat for Sunclan he has an open den policy

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82554

Art made by RamenThePidgeon

Last edited by Tallstar; June 24th, 2024 at 10:20 PM.
Old June 24th, 2024, 11:09 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime

Vinepaw-8moons-Anxious,kind
Vinepaw sat near the edge of the clearing mumbling to himself as he sketched in the dirt.His training session with dustbunny had went well and now he was eager to work on tunnels specially one that would lead from the camp all the way to riverclan with them banished for two month who’s to say they couldn’t take advantage of the abundant prey as he continued thinking and working a small figure approached him he wasn’t paying much attention though

Tags @Weekend-Wondering

Specklepaw is the current medicine cat apprentice for Frostclan
Hyenaslash is the current medicine cat for Sunclan he has an open den policy

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82554

Art made by RamenThePidgeon

Last edited by Tallstar; June 24th, 2024 at 11:10 PM.
Old June 25th, 2024, 12:11 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
19 Moons - WindClan Medicine Cat
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive

Pale furred belly up to the sky as the clan's medic lay lazily sunning herself in the newleaf breeze, a tail thrummed behind her as she shifted her back left and right, scratching a light itch with the coarse soil beneath her. It was an unusually quiet day for her, and despite her confusion with everything that had been happening of late, she could at least not complain about the quietness these strangers offered her. No one really seemed to bother her much, which was a positive, and yet the only approach she ever got was in regards to her job. About getting treated or potentially be trained as her replacement. She did not mind the first half in the slightest while she could openly admit a dislike for the later, but it did prove to be lonely in a way. And despite her den being separated from the others for logical reasons, it did little to have her find company with the exception of these rare bouts of stagnant wind where she could simply be surrounded by the cats in the clearing.

And yet even on days like these it seemed tranquility could simply not last. She could smell the blood before she heard her name uttered by a young tom, sensibly telling the heavily injured, eye missing older feline that he should go towards the medic's den. In an instant Lightningstorm was up, about to head into her den when she paused. Why was this cat stopping with such obvious injuries to chat? Why was that gray tom being so nonchalant over this? Now was not the time to be making jokes in the clearing, for stars sake! You'd think there would be more urgency on the matter!

"You three! The ones with the oversized bird!" she called out, her brow quirking as she continued. "The paw's right. Come into my den. I'll get herbs to treat you there."

Lightningstorm didn't wait to see if she was heard. She had a job to do. Like getting some poppy seeds, because... that injury looked like it proper hurt, didn't it? Hopefully they had the sense to move into her den now? The lithe calico honestly had no idea why it had taken them so long after the youngest of the trio had mentioned it. It was the sensible thing to do, really. Although then again, she supposed sense and reason were a fleeting thing when the world was only half visible with nothing but blinding pain in the socket were your eye had once been accommodated in.

@Spider. [Tallgrass] | @Tallstar [Stonetail] | @Dolomedes [Rabbitpaw]
| Genuinely assumed you were all moving this to the medicine cat's den after Rabbitpaw's last post, but just in case you were still waiting for Lightningstorm's response, you have her blessing to go into the den for treatment! If you prefer, I will have her tend to his injuries fully in the next post to not keep you waiting much longer than you already have. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old June 25th, 2024, 01:51 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazimations View Post

Owlkit lay flat on her back as she managed to find her breath as she, through blurry, dust filled eyes, stared upward at a cat she didn't recognize. Well, it was quite hard to recognize someone the cinnamon molly couldn't see. And hadn't scented before. The voice was quite obviously female, so that didn't narrow it down whatsoever. As she slowly grew used to the pain, she was more upset about the loss of the flower than anything else. Until she shifted her weight in an attempt to stand up blindly and rested her thorned paw on the earth. A sharp yelp escaped her, for the fluffball wasn't particularly used to strugglesome walking. Unbeknownst to her the cat in front of her now was probably very used to her own way of walking. But alas, the 50% thorn-furred kitten kept her painedeyes squeezed shut. "Can't see! T-tried t' get the-the yell' flow'r for B-Bigcat but fell n' am all thorny!" She whimpered, the once brave explorer's voice was sloppy and full of jumbledup things she wanted to talk about but couldn't seem to get out around tears. Now this warrior wanted to take her to Lightningstorm and Twilightstar might might disappointed in her! Then Aubs may NEVER become an apprentice! This made Owlkit feel even sadder around her pain, because now her pride was wounded, probably more so than her own self.

Oh dear, Deadmoon actually felt quite bad for the kit who had found herself in a rather unfortunate situation. And, as was typical with kits, she was both crying and trying to walk it off to some extent. The comment about not being able to see was by far the most concerning. Thorns could be relatively easily removed (though Deadmoon didn't think she wanted to attempt that task on her own), but if one had scratched the kits eyes that was presumably quite bad news. Not being able to see was, in her experience, not a good sign. But she was also no medicine cat, and as little as she liked to disturb the quick-tongued Lightningstorm, it was probably time to get professional help in some degree.

She should probably pick up the kit, shouldn't she? Because, you know, trying to walk while your paws were covered in thorns was unlikely to be fun. Do you mind if I pick you up so we can get you all cleaned up? she inquired, for the sake of being at least a bit polite and not freaking the kid out. We'll get you all fixed up and you'll be able to see and not have thorns all over you, and then perhaps we can get you a new flower. The kit wasn't allowed out of camp, of course, but Deadmoon was. If having a flower meant that much to her, she'd go get one. The willingness to be helpful for no reason wasn't exactly one of Deadmoon's known characteristics, but she did like kits. And this one seemed like she'd be fun if she wasn't injured. So she'd make an exception to her rule of leaving others to their own devices this once. If allowed, she would lean down and pick up Owlkit, before heading in the direction of the medicine cats den. Hopefully Lightningstorm was in a good mood.
Old June 25th, 2024, 02:21 PM
The silliest of sillies<3

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Leopardpaw-She/Her

————————

Leopardpaw was walking in circles in the clearing.
Honestly, without much training, she didn’t have much else to do!

She didn’t blame her mentor, obviously, he fought in a super cool battle recently, and stuff.
Eventually, she got dizzy and just sat down with a bored huff.
She would probably start bothering someone soon.

Like…

That cat!
That one right there!
She had never spoken to that one before!

Leopardpaw stood up and walked over to another apprentice, one a bit younger than herself.

@isla

Witheredstar is the current leader of SunClan, she has an open den policy!
Join SunClan!
ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan)
Silver Tongue-Whitekit(ThunderClan)
Chill of Death-Leopardpaw(WindClan)
Old June 25th, 2024, 11:05 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Snowybreeze |
26 Moons - WindClan Warrior

Heightened Perception [Smell] - Active | Rapid Recovery - Inactive | The Collector - Inactive | Not Skiddin' Around - Active

It felt rather odd. To be sitting in the middle of the clearing despite the clear sky. But night was falling. And with the breeze so gently ruffling his long coat, the stars twinkling above... and a delicious rabbit at his paws, the warrior was having a hard time feeling guilty about his current predicament. Guarding at night was what he did best. It made him feel closest to his mate. Former now, he supposed. It had been so many moons. She had no doubt moved on by now. The stars were probably filled with better cats. Felines he could not compete with. He hoped so. For her sake. After her untimely end, Berryfrost deserved nothing but the happiest of times up there in Silverpelt.

Dipping his head, Snowybreeze took a bite from the rabbit he'd taken from the prey pile. A bit much for a single warrior on most days, but this had been a smaller rabbit, and the tom was mighty hungry. Not to mention a big lad. He'd never gotten quite used to it. The way he towered over most others in WindClan. It made him so ineffective. Incapable of running as swiftly as the rest of them. Not really as strong as he should be, either, never having the heart to truly hurt others. A sigh escaped him even as he munched away in solitude, sky blue eyes turned longingly towards the stars. Wondering when it would be his turn to join them.

@Ladiebugg [Heavykit]
| Sad Snowybreeze moment brought to you by Rose. The mention of Berryfrost made me remember the lad still hasn't quite moved on. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old June 25th, 2024, 11:20 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Sleepy

HeavyKit

3 Moons | She/Her | Heterosexual

WindClan Kit

___

@Alchemist Kitsune

___

HeavyKit ran around the clearing despite the face that night was falling. Her tail streamed out behind her- until she slammed into something! She toppled over backwards. 'Ouch!'

HeavyKit looked up 'Oh.. Sorry Mr Big Cat! I didn't mean to hit you!'

MossRoot is RootClan's current Leader