LOOKS LIKE THE REAL THING

Bump Policy: call me when you need me!
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default ☆ CHARACTER DIRECTORY

EVERYBODY IS A BOOK OF BLOOD
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
CHARACTER BIOGRAPHIES & TRACKERS
☆ ─── Hello!
Here follows the biographies and roleplay+age trackers for my current characters. All current finders linked are 'good' until I remove the links or the character in question ages to a new rank (specifically for my four main kits). Feel free to reach out to me in vms/pms or through a finder if you want to set up an interaction or establish a relationship with anyone.
massive wip while i work on gettin it all together

═════
SALAMANDERKIT OF RIVERCLAN
MOSQUITOKIT OF SHADOWCLAN
PEACHKIT OF THUNDERCLAN
MAGGOTKIT OF WINDCLAN
WHITERABBIT OF WINDCLAN
ASA OF THE ATARI
═════

Last edited by dagnyme; June 25th, 2024 at 05:59 PM.
Old June 20th, 2024, 06:50 PM

Default Re: ☆ CHARACTER DIRECTORY

SALAMANDERKIT
SALAMANDERPAW; SALAMANDERSNAP

GOING ON A LIVING SPREE / PLENTY WANNA COME WITH ME !

━ ••●•• ━
general.
created 01jun2024
age 2 moons; ages 1m every 2 weeks
pending apprenticeship in early august!
gender cis female; she/her
attraction n/a; too young to consider this

family tinytoad [mother] played by @/Desert Rain Frog
shellkit [brother] played by @/sleepyyjax
physical.
build short & stocky
coat thick, tangly cream fleece with haphazard calico markings. her colors form in distinct speckles down her back.
eyes mismatched; left yellow, right blue

no physical disabilities or conditions.

personal.
general disposition loud, bright, & talkative
admirable qualities salamanderkit is brave, assertive, and determined to achieve all that she sets her mind to. she has a curiously strong stomach and impressive backbone for one so young, though it may be that courage is easy to come by when you still don't understand your own mortality. salamanderkit is fiercely protective of her family and she's shaping up to be a proper little patriot.
troubling behaviors while she is hellbent on achieving her goals, she's not practical or realistic about them at all. salamanderkit often gets ahead of herself and has a painfully childish understanding of the world. childish, too, is her self-centered attitude and inability to properly empathize with others. fortunately, she has time to learn.

+ steadfast, optimistic, adaptable
- bratty, unrealistic, abrasive

associations.

interaction notes.
current events salamanderkit hates riverclan's new home. she's very concerned about becoming strong enough to help the clan as soon as possible.
content advisory some of salamanderkit's posts may refer to the 3v1 battle that drove riverclan into exile. the memory of this experience has led to a deep resentment of the other three clans and caused salamanderkit to experience graphic nightmares and an ongoing fear of being chased. if i'm ever writing something that explores this in-depth i'll spoiler it accordingly.
general warning salamanderkit is a bossy little lady, and she can be pretty mean if she thinks cats around her aren't acting right. none of her thoughts or opinions reflect my own, but if i've taken her in a direction that upsets you, then please let me know if you'd like me to pump the brakes a bit.

active scenes.
private playdate

miscellaneous.
salamanderkit's current post header is a reference to yves olade's 'when rome falls' and her bio header up above is a line from qotsa's 'the evil has landed'
salamandersnap is set in stone as her warrior name
her finder is HERE
whether salamanderkit ultimately grows up to become a 'good' character or a villainous one will depend very heavily on the experiences that shape her as a youth.

Last edited by dagnyme; June 23rd, 2024 at 10:58 PM.
Old June 20th, 2024, 07:25 PM

MOSQUITOKIT
MOSQUITOPAW; MOSQUITOSONG

I'M CROOKED BUT UPRIGHT

━ ••●•• ━
general.
created 01jun2024
gender cis male; he/him

family n/a

physical.
build tall & spindly, with the biggest ears you've ever seen
coat short, clean, and smokey black.
eyes wide and copper.

personal.
general disposition timid, thoughtful, & high-strung
admirable qualities mosquitokit knows what he wants, though he may have a hard time getting to it. he likes to be around other cats, to learn about them and to play with them. he's very motivated to find out how to be the best version of himself that he can, and he'll likely get there through plenty of observation and trail & error. he has a desire to help others and to keep them safe from harm, and often feels responsible for the wellbeing of his friends.
troubling behaviors mosquitokit is a deeply anxious little creature, and he lives perpetually in his own head. he is often so busy thinking about his life that he forgets to be in his own paws, living it.

+ observant, curious, clever
- panicky, obsessive, awkward

associations.

interaction notes.
current events mosquitokit has been getting a touch braver about leaving the nursery.
content advisory although he'll eventually be much better at coping with it, mosquitokit's anxiety is going to afflict him all his life. in-depth descriptions (attacks & other periods of extreme emotional distress) will be spoilered.
general warning there's not much to watch out for in interactions with mosquitokit but that he overthinks and ruminates quite a bit.

active scenes.
public make-believe
public shade in the shade

miscellaneous.
mosquitokit's current post header is a line from eels' 'dog faced boy' and his bio header is a line from glass animals' 'toes'
'mosquitosong' is subject to change
his finder is HERE
mosquitokit's posts may include
-sudden
-bullet
-lists
this is just an ongoing thing for him.
i plan for mosquitokit to grow into a morally good character but he may have a dark period in his apprenticeship

Last edited by dagnyme; June 23rd, 2024 at 10:59 PM.
Old June 21st, 2024, 01:36 PM

PEACHKIT
PEACHPAW; PEACHSUN

THERE IS LOVE IN YOUR BODY BUT YOU CAN'T GET IT OUT

━ ••●•• ━
general.
created 02jun2024
gender trans male; he/him

family unnamed father and older brother; implied mother/caretaker & littermates

these npcs are available to be claimed! peachkit's father and older brother have pre-set personalities, but his littermates and mother/caretaker are blank slates.

physical.
build healthy & middle-of-the road; not too big and not too little
coat neat, plush eggshell with rosy-orange color points
eyes soft blue

peachkit was born with a stub tail.

personal.
general disposition self-involved, watchful, & sharp
admirable qualities even at his young age, peachkit likes to see himself as somebody who's mature and responsible. in some ways he is these things, always quick to worry about the wellbeing of other kits and ready to pipe up about unfairness when he sees it. peachkit has a lot of heart, deep down; he's an easily flustered little dork who wants the cats around him to be safe and taken care of.
troubling behaviors that soft heart of his sits under a thick tangle of prickles and thorns. peachkit has fallen prey to the assumption that to convince others that he's capable and grown-up, he has to be ice cold and push this façade of being 'above it all'. he's not very good at the act, but he gives it his all. he's prone to passing premature judgement on others and making his mind up about other cats before really giving them a chance.

+ tidy, protective, gentle
- jealous, aloof, judgemental

associations.

interaction notes.
current events peachkit's made some friends recently, but there's another little tom in the nursery who he simply cannot stand...
content advisory as of right now i don't think peachkit's writing will include anything severe enough to merit censorship.
general warning peachkit is snooty and prone to judgement. while some of his cold behavior can be read as coming from a place of good intent, a fair amount of it is just ordinary pettiness. please know that i do not share the same views as my characters. if you're ever made to feel uncomfortable with the direction i've gone with him in our interaction, feel free to let me know so that i can change things up a bit.

active scenes.
hm...

miscellaneous.
peachkit's current post header is a line from nick cave's 'nature boy' and his bio header is a line from f+tm's 'hardest of hearts'
'peachsun' is SUPER subject to change
its been so hard not to just call him tsundere. im tryin to be classy here y_y but..........
peachkit will grow up to be a morally grey character.

Last edited by dagnyme; Yesterday at 01:45 AM.
Old June 23rd, 2024, 10:55 PM

MAGGOTKIT
MAGGOTPAW; MAGGOTDANCE

I WANT TO TELL YOU THIS STORY WITHOUT HAVING TO CONFESS ANYTHING

━ ••●•• ━
general.
created 02jun2024
gender agender; it/its — will use they/them later in life

family whiterabbit [mother] played by me
leopardpaw [older half-sister] played by @/IDIOTICBEAN101

physical.
build slim & flimsy
coat grubby and off-white
eyes pale yellow

personal.
general disposition playful, offputting, rude
admirable qualities maggotkit is an imaginative young thing with a knack for understanding social interplay. while it often struggles to relate to certain emotions and behaviors it sees in its colleagues on an empathetic level, maggotkit is quick to learn the objective truth of these reactions and equally quick to figure out how best to maneuver them to its advantage. it'll make for a fine diplomat and negotiator someday. maggotkit is also an avid storyteller who currently wishes it could forego warrior training and skip straight to the elder's den.
troubling behaviors maggotkit's a little meanie. it doesn't necessarily do this from a desire to hurt others for sadism's sake but rather a desire to get their attention and keep it, and to see what happens when they push the wrong buttons. it's all a bit of a game, to maggotkit. right now it's got an inkling that it doesn't feel remorse or shame the same way that its clanmates do, and this is a point of fascination for it. maggotkit's ultimate wish to join the elders early is caused, in part, by total disinterest in contributing to clan life. it wants to skip right to where it can tell stories and be tended to all day.

+ creative, intuitive, levelheaded
- dishonest, unmotivated, cruel

associations. there is a smell of rotting petals. fruit juice, overripe and sticky-sweet, soft plumskin burst in summer heat. dust kicked up by the wind, settling like a film over all. nothing is quite clean anymore. touch it and there's a mark: this is the ghost you leave behind. touch it and it sticks to you. you're not quite clean anymore.

there is a voice, soft. it circles itself, tales chasing tail. you don't see who speaks but it might see you. you leave the den and the den is almost empty. you leave the den and dust gets into your mouth. this is the ghost you take with you. you leave the den and the petals and the fruit and the dust all rot. something has to grow from this; that's the way the story goes. someone has to live through this. that's the way it is.

interaction notes.
current events maggotkit is making friends. keep them in your prayers.
content advisory maggotkit's writing may contain references to child neglect. for the most part this will be kept brief and nondescript; maggotkit doesn't think about it much. themes of depersonalization will become increasing common as it grows. all instances will be tagged and all extremes will be hidden.
general warning maggotkit is a weird little kid with lots of bad habits. it craves attention and friendship like any other child, but it hasn't been taught how to build these connections safely. it has learned that negative attention is still attention. so it's often going to be mean, strange, and generally unpleasant to the cats around it just to see how they respond.

active scenes.
private (UN)FRIENDLY

miscellaneous.
maggotkit's current post header is from joy sullivan's 'of wildflowers' and its bio header is a line from 'the torn-up road' by richard siken
maggotkit and its mother both have adhd
maggotkit will struggle to form and maintain healthy relationships with others all its life and it will likely harm someone this way. but i'm interested in ensuring that that this character does not wind up being depicted solely as bad or evil
'maggotdance' is SUPER subject to change

Last edited by dagnyme; June 23rd, 2024 at 11:14 PM.
Old June 25th, 2024, 05:47 PM

WHITERABBIT
WHITEKIT; WHITEPAW

A LITTLE MOUTH OPENED UP INSIDE / YEAH, I WAS WATCHING ON THE DAY SHE DIED

━ ••●•• ━
general.
created 10jun2024
age 17 moons
gender cis female; she/her
attraction aromantic bisexual

family maggotkit [child] played by me

physical.
build lithe & wiry
coat thin and pale
eyes hazel

whiterabbit lost half of her tail during her apprenticeship.

personal.
general disposition wry, scatterbrained, & impulsive
admirable qualities a proper little go-getter, this one. whiterabbit's hankering for novelty, action, and new experiences means that she takes most challenges in stride and is often thrilled by the curveballs of life. so long as she's able to be up on her feet and moving, she'll figure out a way to plow forward no matter what. although she's not much of a social butterfly, she can be fairly easy to be around; her emotions are as impermanent and changeable as her impulses, so she doesn't hold grudges often. given the option she'd rather be on friendly terms with others than not, even if they've wronged her in the past or vice versa.
troubling behaviors whiterabbit is her own enemy, and an inability to cope with boredom is her ultimate downfall. she has an addictive personality, prone to latching on to any novelty she can even when she knows she shouldn't. she craves attention and happiness and fun, but very few things ever keep her satisfied for long. whiterabbit has a terrible habit of sabotaging her good relationships, convinced that they're doomed from the start anyhow, and she's frighteningly quick to move on to the next best thing.

+ quick to react, adaptable, tough
- prideful, stubborn, irresponsible

associations. what have you done to deserve your legs? how did you earn your eyes today? do you think you really did? was that really enough?

there is a burning in the chest and it has been there all your life. there is the smell of a distant fire. smoke rises from your own mouth. there is the sound of runners in a great race, paws sore and splitting, a signature of bloodprints stamped in their wake. nobody's won, yet. nobody's earned it.

over your shoulder: scorched earth. there's no use looking back. you weren't headed that way.

interaction notes.
current events she is not excited to witness the horrors.
content advisory the posts for this character may incorporate themes of self-sabotage, toxic cycles, postpartum depression, parenthood from the perspective of a regretful mother, and child neglect. any instances of overtly explicit and upsetting content will be hidden and labeled.
general warning whiterabbit is an intentionally frustrating character. she will make poor decisions and her reactions to things will often seem irrational and/or misguided. she is, by design, a volatile girlfailure. her thoughts, opinions, and actions absolutely do not align with my own.

if you play in windclan and need me to be stricter about censoring whiterabbit's posts, please let me know.

active scenes.

doing this once i'm back on a pc

miscellaneous.
whiterabbit's current post header is a line from idles' 'beachland ballroom' and her bio header is a line from nine inch nails' 'she's gone away'
i am not yet sure if or when i'll set up a finder for her.
since she's one of my few Grown Adult Characters With Predetermined Backstories i might do up a whiterabbit background va and link it here but that's if i ever get the motivation for all that

Last edited by dagnyme; June 25th, 2024 at 07:07 PM.