Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
DOWN THE RABBITHOLE/mate...
Last post by Tallstar
Today 12:25 AM
a curse as sweet as...
by ophelia
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 12:14 AM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by AriaTheFiremaiden
Today 12:08 AM
Viva Cat Vegas! [Whole...
by Rani
Last post by CloudlessEve
Today 12:06 AM
The Thrush Is About To...
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Yesterday 11:56 PM

Old June 15th, 2024, 02:41 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: A Journey for the History Books (RiverClan Journey to the Mountains)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post

Fishfreckle

Go With the Flow | Silver Tongue [Perm] | Mind Reader

Lots and lots of sleep. That’s what Fishfreckle had been up to since being brought to… wherever they were. In the few moments of consciousness, his head was met with a persistent throbbing sensation accompanied by a fuzzy weightless feeling. That would be the last time he put some effort into defending the camp. Twice he had attempted to fight off invaders, twice he had been unceremoiniously met with a headache. Larkwing hadn’t left him during this time, something he had selfishly asked of her. He was sure that as a former leader, she felt obligated to check on the wellbeing of the rest of the clan, but she instead spent her time with him. Something he was grateful for, even if he could hardly remember making the request.

In the midst of one of his peaceful naps the feeling of being shaken caused him to stir – a sudden reminder of the pain that had been plaguing him. Larkwing. The low tone of her lovely voice calling his name was soothing – much like a lullaby… Wait. Her ever so familiar frustration with him was very much absent. Something was wrong, something was happening. They were moving? ”Quit shakin’ me would ya?” He grumbled half-heartedly, aiming to push her paws away. Just who thought it okay to shake someone with a head injury?

Opening his eyes, he slowly rolled over and rose to his paws. His movements were unsteady and sluggish, and he winced with each adjustment. It was agonizing. This feeling of weakness and helplessness was awful. Gingerly taking a step forward, he stumbled a little. This was not going to work. Slowly he turned to face Larkwing, a slight frown on his face. At some point she had started to grow on him it seemed, because despite his present disappointment, he could feel a slight sense of relief coursing through him as he studied her mottled features.

”Leave without me,” He croacked in a hoarse tone. Inhis current condition, he’d hold her and the rest of the clan back – he knew that. As much as he was disappointed in her absence, Larkwing didn’t deserve to be held back by a half-dead cat while they traveled to who knows where. ”I’ll catch up.” A lie. A dirty, filthy lie. Despite the internal battle he was having with himself for lying about such a thing, he said it with the confidence of a fox in a chicken coop, forcing his voice to come out with it’s usual bluster. In Fishfreckle’s eyes, lying and the truth went paw-in-paw, you couldn’t have one without a bit of the other and they both came to him as easy as breathing. Taking a deep breath, he closed his hazy green orbs for a heartbeat… two… three heartbeats before opening them and once again fixing them on the she-cat. He didn’t know if his eyes would betray him in this moment but he offered her a small smile, something he didn’t do often. Perhaps that’d make it believable enough. She didn’t have to know that he was fully prepared to die out here for the sake of his clan’s survival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Falconflight
Riverclan warrior
Purrk: Heightened Perception-Sight(active)

So...it seemed obvious now Springburst was not here...oh stars, had he left her behind? How could he do that...why did he always fail everyone...why did he always lose the ones he loved. Falconflight always broke his promises...he could never protect them. He always sweared he'd do better next time but he never did. It just got worst and now he'd had an actual chance to save them but didn't...it was just too much.

Head held low and moving at a slower pace than usual, the grey warrior followed his clanmates with a troubled mind. How was he supposed to make this journey with all the guilt he currently carried on his back? He'd manage...he always did. Occasionally glancing up so not to trip, a familiar coloured pelt caught his eye. Stopping he spun round, lrange gaze widening as they zoomed in on a cat that couldn't possibly who he though they were.

Was that...?

Jaw falling open in disbelief as he stared at the cat from his kithood at a distance. Frozen to the spot and gaping like a fish, Falconflight felt tears wellling in his fiery hues. It couldn't be, it just couldn't! She was dead...why else would she disappear...how could it be "...Lark?" A whisper so quiet it could barely be heard. A word he hadn't said aloud in moons. It was...it was his sister!

A sudden burst of energy and desperation powered him on as he exploded from the spot he had been rendered speechless from and tore through the crowd like a missile. He had to reach her! She had to be real! Nearing the dilute tortishell in a matter of moments a happy yowl erupted from his maw "LARK!" The same word though this time louder and full of belief.

The grey tabby leapt at his older sister in an attempt to pull her into an embrace. Fat tears dripping down his face he purred frantically. Gosh, he hadn't been so happy in a long time. He'd been mourning Larkwing's death but she hadn't even died! She was alive! Alive and here with him again! His last sibling...so he hadn't lost everything. Though why did she leave him in the first place without even telling him? ...She had to have a good reason...no, no, she was here now and that was what mattered. Questions could wait, for now he'd just enjoy this little reunion that healed his heart just the slightest.

@Neptune.

Larkwing
~<>~
24 moons || she/her || RiverClan Warrior || Kitty Softpaws, Mind Reader, Beefed Up T2
scarred, scrawny dilute tortoiseshell; green eyes

-day 0-

Lips pursed and eyebrows knit together when Fishfreckle says to leave him, that he'll catch up later. He must be really out of his mind if he truly believes she'd going to leave him. But... well, Lark really doesn't want to push her luck here. She doesn't want to ruin whatever amiable reconnection they have going, and part of her thinks that if she fights stubbornness with stubbornness it'll get them nowhere. So, reluctantly, she nods, though she has no real intentions of letting the likely concussed warrior too far out of her sights.

"You're not invincible," she says in lieu of an answer, "call if you need anything." She doesn't add the 'I'll be there,' - that part goes without saying. Of course she'd be there. She'll always be there.

...maybe she shouldn't say that. She'd already proven that wasn't true.

-day 1-

The first day of travels was uneventful for Larkwing. She'd hunted, she'd kept watch over her clan and tried to stay out of the way, falling asleep with her paws sore and tail curled over her snout. The nights were cold despite the warm days, and in the early hours of the morning, she woke up to hunt for the young, old and injured.

As they began the trek that morning, peridot eyes watch the nearing mountains warily. Were they really going to make it? They seemed so far away... unattainable and near intangible. Well, she supposes that means the other clans really wouldn't find them there...

She's deep in her musings when a voice calls her name. On instinct, she flinches and drops into a defensive crouch, teeth bared and ears flat to her head. And then she sees who's running toward her and, stars... Falconflight... Posture softening immediately, the dilute tortie feels herself smile and closes the distance between them, accepting the embrace with a watery laugh and a weak smile.

"I'm back," she says, rather obviously, "sorry it took so long."

-day 2-

Lark continues on the trek.
Old June 15th, 2024, 04:37 PM
I'm so lost ;v;

Gender: ✭|she/her; but I don't mind being called by any pronouns :'3|✭
Bump Policy: ✎✭|{After 24 hours, and 48 hours on weekdays}|✭✎
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: A Journey for the History Books (RiverClan Journey to the Mountains)

|[ Mud'smoke ]|
he/him | 23 moons | RC warrior | more of a hunter
__________________________________________________ ___

DAY 0
His leg was still painful but it felt better than it originally had been, so he would say he was feeling much better. Once again he was reminded of the fact he would have to make it up to the old tom when he could, possibly catch a few good pieces of prey for twigstep or something worth the elders while considering the fact that without him mud would have just stayed in that clearing to bleed out.

Mudsmokes spent most of his time drifting in and out a restless sleep, he was exhausted. Not only from the battle but also from the fact he had been working the entire day and was just about to take a very needed sleep when all of sudden- boom they were attacked. His naps now weren't nearly as fulfilling if anything it was just making him more tired. Just as he felt comfortable enough to actually sleep, Fadingsun's voice called out waking him again. Mudsmokes let out an exasperated huff and lifted his head to face were the leader was perched. They were leaving, now!? But what about everyone that wasn't here yet or the fact the most of them weren't fit to walk. Him specifically, he couldn't walk!

Luckily he wasn't left to worry about himself too long when a familiar tom approached him. "what happened is that a good for nothing squirrel decided to play a game he knew I would lose and then a toad decided to take a chomp of me." mudsmoke grumbled, did that make sense. His brain was fuzzy he was to tired to form coherent sentences. "uh- thunderclan, shadowclan. You?" he tried again, glancing over Seabreeze's injuries. The tom had come to get healed right. Maybe they didn't have time, he could see cats coming to help berrypaw and Mistyshard carry herbs. They really were leaving right now. "I'd appreciate the help actually." he said genuinely, he didn't want to get left behind and plus he trusted Seabreaze so he did doubt anything but good intentions.

DAY 1
Talk about a long day, dead on his paws. Ready for the grave. Starclan take him now!

That had been possibly the longest and most painful walk of his life and borderline embarrassing. The amount of time he had actually almost fallen asleep while walking and completely collapsing to his paws was just- Seabreaze another cat he had to thank after all this. Every joint in his body was aching and honestly he just needed to sleep, so that what he did. He slept.

DAY 2

Another full day of walking, the mountains were getting closer now. Thanks to having rested the night before mudsmokes had felt way more energized. Seabreeze still hadn't gotten his injuries checked which was concerning. If he didn't get them checked up now, mudsmokes was going have a full lecture for him.

Another thing he noticed was a few new faces, outsiders. Why would Fadingsuns let in outsiders after what had happened and other clan cats!? Seriously Mudsmoke didn't understand what was going on their leaders head lately but he didn't like it. Also he had spotted a mini Seabreeze clone while walking and thought he was losing it, also a cloverpaw. So confusing, very confusing. Now that they were at camp he might as well ask seab about it before he headed off to sleep. Come to think of it, the lionheart seemed a bit off.

"you ok bud. I can tell somethings bothering you." mudsmokes asked, as he sat with his tail wrapped around his paws. His eyes searched Seabreeze's expression seeing if it would change at his next words. "other than the fact you still haven't gotten yourself healed or the battle there is something else bothering you, does it have something to do with the mini you and cloverpaw clone wandering around with riverclan?" he asked carefully. He was genuinely curious really and he wanted to know what was bothering Seabreeze.

Tags:
-seabreeze ( @Dolomedes )
{sorry for this very bad post, I'm very sleepy /w\}
═════════════ ⋆★⋆ ═════════════

Last edited by burntToast; June 15th, 2024 at 04:45 PM.
Old June 15th, 2024, 05:31 PM
Fiercefire is backkkk!

Bump Policy: 5-7 days, 3 if its important
My Mood: Busy

Cloudheart walked
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
| Cougarbite | Cloudheart | Forestpaw | Fiercefire! |
~~~~

Old June 15th, 2024, 06:17 PM
The_legendairy_Cowstar

Bump Policy: Any time hehe
My Mood: Aggressive

Day 0
Garlic Feather
Purrks; Just a scratch| Beefed up tier 3|
He-Him { River Clan } Warrior

GarlicFeather hadn’t found anycat that needed his help, so instead he’d simply lingered in one spot awaiting for the very second thst they’d officially leave the territory- home. No more pretty rocks, no more walking along the territory just to relax, no more being familiar with the environment. GarlicFeather had, over the past few days or weeks, been searching mentally for meaning and whatever it is he’s meant to be feeling with nothing quite happening that impacted him. With the windclan attack being expected, then the three clan smackdown where it was hardly a battle and more a massacre followed by the brutal bite of being injured. He’d gotten the opposite of what he was looking for, sheer defeat and worthlessness that had the bite force of a dog latched onto his throat and shaking him around like prey. It wasn’t that he just couldn’t handle failure, no of course he could! He couldn’t handle being driven out by three clans all at once well they played vigilante and acted like there own clans weren’t as flawed.

GarlicFeather hadn’t been to the mountains, (of course not) and so he was clueless on what to expect. Had clans even been driven out like this before for mistakes by cats long dead or genuinely apologetic for their actions? Probably not. The mountains. He wanted to look at the bright side “ hey at least i’ve more rocks to collect than ever! “ or something- anything light hearted but the crushing feeling on the entirety of his body- emotional and physical- drove him to open his mouth and shut it like some fish. Hearing they were on the move he blinked and started padding forth, glancing around, although his eyes didn’t pick out anyone familiar he knew it wasn’t because there was a lack of recognisable faces, he was just. Not picking them out properly. GarlicFeather headed straight toward the river without stopping for a second, gaze fixed completely on where he was going and awaited the rest, at least here he could listen to the river and take his own break albeit a short one.

Day 1
GarlicFeather’s movements were beyond sluggish and fatigued as he moved along with the rest, regret had built up from the moment they’d started walking that he hadn’t done so much as sit down. It sounded ridiculous but it was just as unfathomably true. Tail dragging behind him and paws aching he closed his eyes for just a moment, a blissful moment where he was tempted to keep those eyes closed and slowly

Drift

To sleep…

Jolting up at a sharp pain GarlicFeather blinked, eyes skittering around him as all the energy he had left was forced into returning his guard and ability to keep moving, he stood back up clumsily- near to simply falling down and drifting to sleep or something more permanent no he was just overreacting or overthinking or whatever you call it when your mind jumps in hoops a dozen times over until it wants to liquify. Noticing the sudden stop all it took was one cat sitting or even doing so much as standing still for GarlicFeather to instantaneously feel a dramatically heavy weight slide off his shoulders as he slumped down and let his fatigued body and heavy eyes do the rest. GarlicFeather knew that maybe sleeping so suddenly- or even “collapsing” might alarm somecat but he surely wasn’t the only cat tired enough not to care. His ears felt like an angry rat was biting on it all the time. He hated rats so much. As GarlicFeathers mind slid into slumber GarlicFeather had found comfort near a particularly round, patterned rock. Smooth and clean as if some cat had cleaned it by paw. Of course GarlicFeather knew it must be some cat else's, but “unfortunately” they weren’t here to claim it. His now.
Day 2- Current day.
GarlicFeather’s mouth was securing a smooth rock, usually he’d have carried more but he hadn’t anymore rocks to carry. He bet some mangy- frog eating, squirrel chasing, tunnel loving mange had snagged all of the pretties he’d gathered. Tail lashing back and forth at the sheer forth this building sudden and unreasonable anger had pushed him on a lot more than the day before. Although the itch that was the temptation to sleep still bugged him through the ache of every bone and muscle in his sore and painful prison of a body. Taking a moment to set the rock down GarlicFeather seated himself to the side and lapped at his forepaw, dragging his paw over the sting on his ear to soothe the injury. He probably should have gone to get it healed but it didn’t necessarily hurt- although it felt like it should. It was simply- annoying.

Slumping down and sprawling himself out on the grass GarlicFeather’s body heaved at the effort of all the walking and he rolled the rock with his paws from one paw to another, watching it with bored fascination in the way it moved. It couldn’t be long now right? Just another day or two of trekking and they would be set for the rest of their time being exiled or whatever it was they were. Were they exiled? No he’d already asked this. They weren’t exiled, they were just trying to get themselves together. Same thing right? Might as well have been.Closing his eyes and moving the rock close to his face GarlicFeather could feel his ability to keep marching on being chipped at day by day.
[ open to anyone!! ]

Heya! If you’re interested in rping feel free to message me whenever! I’m also lf help with rping better!
All pixel art used is credited here!
Rp tracker/Finder!
My Characters!
Art store: here
Formerly: | The-legendary-cowstar | Spider-Cow
Hello! Sometimes I'll be a little busy or get sick or not have access to my technology/Laptop so my apologies if I forget to reply or do something!

Last edited by Fritter; June 15th, 2024 at 06:19 PM.
Old June 15th, 2024, 06:55 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 29 moons
[ Day 1 - Rest ]
It was obvious the stress on the young medicine cat's shoulders. "For what it's worth, you're doin' a good job." Dusklion wasn't the best when it came to comforting the younger cats. It felt awkward to do so, what with never really knowing what to say or even how to say it. "Not many have what it takes to go what you went through 'n come out the other side still movin'. If there's ever anythin' you need, 'n Mists isn't there, you come to me or Fades, okay? It's gonna take all of us to raise this Clan back up. You'll never be doin' that alone." Hopefully her words offered some comfort as she flashed a half-grin, tail brushing over Cobs side as she spoke.

[ Day 1 - Night ]
Once Cobs was asleep and the Clan was settled down, Dusklion slowly separated herself from the young apprentice. The wildflower that was at her paws was now clutched in her jaws as the deputy grinned; hopefully Wisty would still be awake so she could ask the pretty she-cat to watch the stars with her. It sent another wave of giddiness through her. Should she ask her now? No, she would just ask her to walk with her the rest of the journey, and then the actual question once they had found a place to settle.

Maneuvering around the sleeping cats and careful to not wake any of them, the dark tabby lifted her head to seek out the gray pelt of Wis - oh. Immediately her paws faltered, breath hitching in her throat. There, tucked close together as if they were one cat, was Wisty with... with Fades. The sight of it made her chest constrict and her throat burn with jealousy. They were... were they...? Did her brother...?

Tears sprung to her eyes and without realizing it the wildflower had dropped from her mouth. An unease settled into her paws as they kneaded the ground and her whiskers quivered. Any plans she'd had to even potentially wake Wisty if she had been sleeping left like a swift breeze from her. A soft cough left her as Dusklion ducked her head and picked up the wildflower once more, turning and trotting away as quickly and quietly as she could.

Instead of going back to Cobs though the slender dark tabby headed towards some of the tall rock piles that rose up on either side of this temporary rest place. She ignored the pain that seared through her flank as she leapt up them, settling at the top and trying to calm her breathing. Everything hurt; her flank wound, her tail... her heart. Maybe it was nothing, and maybe she was overthinking it. Yeah, that had to be it. Drawing in a shaky breath the deputy set the wildflower down and sat down as awkwardly as her still-healing side would allow.

Sleep would not come tonight as Dusk lifted her blue gaze to the sky, drawing in another unsteady breath. The stars were pretty tonight, at least...

[ Day 2 - Rest ]
...Tired. Stars above, the deputy couldn't remember when she had been this tired. Dusklion had barely gotten any sleep the previous night. She had managed to convince herself that her brother and Wisty were just huddled together for warmth, but sleep hadn't come aside from a little towards the end. Her jaws constantly parted in yawns as she traveled alongside Cobs, her tail over her back to help steady her apprentice.

Once they had set up camp, Dusklion had made sure Cobs was comfortable - entrusting her with the wildflower - before traveling towards the center of their makeshift camp. Cats were hunting on their own, dropping prey in a pile. The deputy gave a nod of gratitude towards those contributing, wondering if she should send out patrols while they rested. But looking around at everyone lounging around, resting, she decided against it.

Lifting her head to where her brother was alone on a rock, she contemplated seeking him out. She couldn't spot Wisty around - but as much as she hated to admit it, she would still have to put aside her personal desires for right now. Trotting from where she stood and up towards where her brother was, wincing a bit as her flank wound flared up once more, she came to stand next to him. "The Clan's gettin' tired - how much more travelin' do you think we're gonna be doin'?" she asked, her tone genuinely curious as she looked from the mountains in the distance to her brother. They were growing closer, yes, but she wasn't sure how much longer they could keep journeying.

[ Fadingstar - @occultation ] [ Cobwebpaw - @finley !! - for duskcob traveling together! ] [ Berrypaw - @squidz ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; June 15th, 2024 at 06:57 PM.
Old June 15th, 2024, 07:17 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Day 0

Sweetsap. The queen's scent matched that of the mothers in the nursery, a gentle smell that clung to her mother too. It felt strange, still, Elderkit struggled to comprehend how one could smell so similarly yet so differently from her mom; it seemed Starrykit may have similar thoughts, still her sister was far quicker than herself to part from her side and sink into Sweetsap's fur.

Elderkit watched, sidelined, wordless, as Starrykit grew closer to Sweetsap, eyes evidently awaiting permission to eat. She knew Starrykit had been hungry, she could tell, she knew her sister. And she? Elderkit was hungry too, she often was, as such was the life of a kit. But she found herself hesitating more despite the queen's inviting gaze and open paws.

An inviting purr reached Elderkit's ears, Starrykit's matching eyes watching hers. She hesitated, still, but the comforting sound stirred something inside her. Elderkit's paws fumbled with the floor as she looked down, before finally nodding to Starrykit and edging forth, hesitantly feeling the fur of the queen surround her as she settled in beside her twin, hungry for the milk she required, as was revealed by the slight rumble of her stomach. But Starrykit had to eat first, she felt, she wanted be sure Starrykit was eating first. For now, Elderkit settled in beside Sweetsap, eyes briefly closing as she took in the queen's warmth and comfort, something she hadn't felt since their mother brought them here.

[ @Wingnettle @SeonghwasBunnyEars ]

Old June 15th, 2024, 07:21 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Day 2

She felt... Tired, weak, afraid. Dovekit had trouble understanding what was happening, where they were going - why this had to happen. Was moving out because of rogues a common occurrence? Is this what life outside was truly like, even for the clans? She regarded them with such admiration, these were nothing like the stories she once heard. And yet, the young pale-brown kitten couldn't help but hope. Hope this was just a fluke, that everything would be better... Or that mama would find her and bring her to safety once again. Dovekit, Flower... She just felt so out of place. Everyone got along and knew each other. She only knew the three that had come to her rescue, bobbed tail wobbling as though her originally long tail was still attached to it.

Old June 15th, 2024, 08:15 PM
여상님 생일 축하해요!

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

Day 0

Sweetsap. The queen's scent matched that of the mothers in the nursery, a gentle smell that clung to her mother too. It felt strange, still, Elderkit struggled to comprehend how one could smell so similarly yet so differently from her mom; it seemed Starrykit may have similar thoughts, still her sister was far quicker than herself to part from her side and sink into Sweetsap's fur.

Elderkit watched, sidelined, wordless, as Starrykit grew closer to Sweetsap, eyes evidently awaiting permission to eat. She knew Starrykit had been hungry, she could tell, she knew her sister. And she? Elderkit was hungry too, she often was, as such was the life of a kit. But she found herself hesitating more despite the queen's inviting gaze and open paws.

An inviting purr reached Elderkit's ears, Starrykit's matching eyes watching hers. She hesitated, still, but the comforting sound stirred something inside her. Elderkit's paws fumbled with the floor as she looked down, before finally nodding to Starrykit and edging forth, hesitantly feeling the fur of the queen surround her as she settled in beside her twin, hungry for the milk she required, as was revealed by the slight rumble of her stomach. But Starrykit had to eat first, she felt, she wanted be sure Starrykit was eating first. For now, Elderkit settled in beside Sweetsap, eyes briefly closing as she took in the queen's warmth and comfort, something she hadn't felt since their mother brought them here.

[ @Wingnettle @SeonghwasBunnyEars ]

(Hi hi! I saw your cute Dovekit post. Dove is more than welcome to join these two with Sweetsap if needed <3 )

Sweetsap watched little Elderkit inching forward, Sweetsap wrapped her tail around the two bundle of cuteness gently. Sweetsap blinked as her white fur, soft as a cloud was rested against, sharing her warmth with the little ones Sweetsap could see Elderkit's hesitation. "Come along little one, your sister will eat I promise. Come eat, I can hear your little tummy rumbling" Sweetsap mewed gently, her bright, sage green eyes boring with affection and protectiveness. Just overall warmth at the two little kits.

Suddenly, a bundle of white and brown fur tumbled into Sweetsap's paw. "Softkit. This is Starrykit and Elderkit. There staying with us for a bit so don't bother them.. if they want to play they can after they eat. But I'm sure there all tired, as you should be." Sweetsap informed her kit. "Elderkit and Starrykit, this is Softkit." Sweetsap gave Softkit a look and the little kit mewed. "I'm Softkit..." In a shy and gentle voice, similar softness as her mothers though much more shy. She curled up on her mothers other side, noticing the other kits eating. Softkit was about a moon away from being weened, so some jealously.. not a lot but some. Came over here as she smelt her mothers milk. Softkit looked at them and blinked.

@Wingnettle

"If this moment is our wave. Dont' be afraid, face it with more strength"
- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old June 15th, 2024, 11:38 PM
LOOKS LIKE THE REAL THING

Bump Policy: call me when you need me!
My Mood: Yeehaw

YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'VE SWALLOWED THE SUN
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ! ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
SALAMANDERKIT . 2 MOONS . SHE/HER . RIVERCLAN

DAY ONE : GROWING PAINS

The nursery is caving in. The ceiling is falling: heavy paws stomp it right through. Mean, heavy paws, talon-toed and bear-strong. They stomp it right through and the monsters fill the holes and the monsters seep in through the holes and the monsters make more holes for more monsters.

It's squeals and battle shouts. It's the smell from the inside of a slit prey-tummy. It's tiny bones crunching under mean, heavy monster paws. Fur pulled from skin pulled from meat. Monster mouths pull kitflesh from kitbone. What might the inside of her body look like in someone else's teeth?

Brother's jaw hangs askew, body a twisted shell. Brown and white and red all over. Mother's far away and she isn't coming this time. Where did everyone stronger go? Bitter blood-reek in her mouth, something hot and wet bubbling up in lieu of a cry for help. Silly. If they couldn't save themselves, why would she ever think they could save her?

Salamanderkit lurches awake from an early evening nap, stomach churning and pulse racing. She stands so fast she gets dizzy, spots shivering across her vision as she staggers up—out—away—!!

She's able to make it to cover (what she hopes is cover, anyway; it looks like privacy enough, but she doesn't quite check to make sure she can't be seen) before she's sick, retching up bile in small, pathetic heaves onto the grass.

( Salamanderkit has a nightmare and wakes up to be sick over it. )

She trudges back as soon as she's through, all awkward and shame-faced while her heart continues to punch a mean, runaway rhythm inside her chest. How stupid. Salamanderkit's ears are hot with embarrassment as she peers about the place, watching the older cats mess about and get settled while she waits to stop shaking. It feels like there's no shortage of work that needs to be done by everyone but her and other kits her age, and that does nothing to soothe that itchy, back-of-her-mind soreness. The monster-yuck, as she's taken to calling it, though remembering the phrase also has her remembering the nightmare she's just woken from with an unpleasant shudder.

Salamanderkit knows that they weren't really monsters, the cats who had attacked: they were just cats. From other clans (clans, plural, as she'd finally figured out from overhearing the talk; here Salamanderkit had assumed they were still only running from Windclan—to learn this was a far greater dispute than that...she couldn't name the feeling it left), but cats all the same. They had names and faces just like their own. Knowing that is worse than thinking of them as monsters, though, so Salamanderkit imagines them anonymous, shapeless, and many-fanged to ease the ache. Even after what she's just woken up from, somehow she knows it would be worse if she let them have names. If she let them be real, the way Riverclan gets to be real.

So they don't get to be. Not now and not ever.

She wants to do something about it, ultimately, but there isn't much that can be done by her. She doesn't know that she could walk half of what Tinytoad or Deerspark had walked that day alone, and even the relatively easy chore of balancing on her mother's back left her sore and fussy. She can't hunt for the clan, can't defend them on the journey, can't be called on to scout ahead for danger. All she can do is sit around, get scared, and be sick about it. And get carried like dead meat. Only the suckiest, weakest, and most boringest jobs, for her! Oh yes. Just marvelous. Exactly how it should be. Good call, life. Good call, Starclan.

Guh.

She hobbles back to where she'd been before the dream, where they'd all decided to hunker down for the night, flopping back into place with a low grunt. Fatigue has finally caught back up to her, but she sits there dreading a return to sleep.

DAY TWO : EYE OF THE TIGER

By their second stop, Salamanderkit has discovered a way to make everything, all of it, all better.

Kick-kick-kick. Bite-bite-bite. Foliage has never had a greater enemy than she. Kick-bite. Bite-kick. What is a twig? Nothing but a coward. Nothing but debris. And leaves?? Oh, don't get her started. Salamanderkit knows good and well how to put a leaf in its place. Smack-smack-smack. The hardest part is dodging the recoil, see, 'cause when you slap a branch really hard it'll first go one way before flying back the other way, right at you. She's gotten her nose flicked hard enough to make her eyes water about a half dozen times at this point.

What happened to the good old days, you roll up a bit of well-behaved moss and take it for a ride around the nursery, nobody cries and nobody gets hurt? Well, funny thing: stupid, awful, nasty monsters invaded and now there is no nursery and there are no well-behaved, simple mossballs and Salamanderkit has to resort to harassing each and every bush, shrub, and fern she comes across whenever they stop to rest in the name of training. It's something to do, some small way she can dupe herself into believing that she's being every bit as active and productive as all the grown-cats are. She can't tell if she's making any sort of meaningful improvements, but it's incredible stress-relief. There's something deeply calming in duking it out with the surrounding greenery until she's too smoked to stand. Salamanderkit's almost positive this would feel better with another cat, but she's still on the fence about it. Maybe she could hit Shellkit until she feels better but Tinytoad might have something to say about that, so she's been holding back. That's not a fight that Salamanderkit feels like starting right now, not with everything as awful as it's been lately. She might end up doing something stupid, like taking it all too seriously.

Slap-smack-wap—GAH! The bush she's bullying tonight scores a decisive revenge-shot right between her eyes after she carelessly forgets to duck. It's...highly likely she's not making any kind of progress at all, with how often this keeps happening. The shot stuns her into taking a quick break to paw irritably at her face.

@Desert Rain Frog ; TINYTOAD
@sleepyyjax ; SHELLKIT
@Marigoldwhisper ; DEERSPARK

travelband pings; the above doesn't all really need responses/acknowledgement, just what mander is up to on days 1 & 2

i write some maladjusted losers. their thoughts and feelings are not my thoughts and feelings.

be safe, love you.
Old June 16th, 2024, 02:58 AM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Another day of travel has passed! The Clan will be arriving at the mountains in this post; you're welcome to continue whatever roleplays you've got going on. I'll be asking staff to close this thread on June 23, so you've got until then to either wrap up the roleplays you've got going on here or move them to a private thread! As always, please designate whether your posts are from Day 0, Day 1, Day 2, or Day 3!

They were here. After long nights and mornings of traveling, they'd finally reached the mountains.

Fadingstar firmly believed that this was where his Clan could find peace and stability for the next couple of moons. They were three days away from the others, so the odds that they'd follow them all the way out here were slim.

"RiverClan!" he called, trying to project his voice over the whole Clan. "We've arrived in the mountains. Stay close to one another; this territory is treacherous, and we don't know what kinds of dangers lurk ahead. Kits, I want you getting carried or sticking extremely close to the adults. Now's not the time for foolishness. Let's get a move on!'

With that, he strode forward. This was the start of RiverClan's new beginning.

For all roleplays that take place in RC's new mountain territory, please use these threads:

RiverClan Camp

RiverClan Mountain Territory

The Starpoint

Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.

Last edited by occultation; June 16th, 2024 at 02:59 AM.