What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: WindClan Galewood

Lichenpaw
~<>~
14 moons || she/her || no purrks
scrawny calico with one blind eye; blue eyes

Wolffang as her new mentor... Lichenpaw finds herself happy with this. She won't be in his care for very long, especially if there have been no new updates to training requirements since she's been gone, but she'll have to check in on that. Hopefully, though, all they'd have to do would be an informal assessment to see if she's lacking anywhere, followed by her formal assessment. Soon... soon she'd have her name. She'll be a warrior. Just like she'd always dreamed of being.

The proper thing to do right now is to introduce herself to him, but before then, Twilightstar announces the former ShadowClan cat joining their ranks. This is... certainly news. Just because they had an alliance still, did that make cats of the other clan feel like they would be better belonging to WindClan instead? Lichenpaw loves WindClan, don't get her wrong, but it's just... it sits strange with her is all. Well, there wasn't really anything she could - or wanted to - do about it, so instead, the small calico notes where in the crowd Rebinsnow is and nods before finally turning to find her new mentor.

Spotting Wolffang not too far away, Lichenpaw pads up to him and nods in greeting a little reservedly - a far cry from how bubbly she might've been before her disappearing act. "Hello," she says, "before I, um, left, I was just about to take my assessment," she explains, her tail swishing behind her a little as she speaks. "I don't know if there's been any updates to the warrior requirements, but I'll work efficiently and effectively I swear."

[ wolffang - @TheNyanCatMinecart ]

Last edited by Neptune.; May 26th, 2024 at 05:38 PM.
Old May 26th, 2024, 05:47 PM
*Furret walc intensifies*

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Inspired

Willowpaw trots over to Flashfeather
@Bean

Sigpic done by @ramen
—————————————
Sun, Stars, Moon, Comet, Eclipse, Earth
—————————————
Team Foster-Keefe for life!
—————————————
"Don't doubt yourself; if anyone tells you your art is bad, then smack them with a frying pan."
- FluffyToasterBunny.
Old May 26th, 2024, 05:54 PM
*Furret walc intensifies*

Bump Policy: After 48 hours

@Aolani

Mosspaw:

Mosspaw walks over to Screechingpaw, and introduces himself. “Hi I’m Mosspaw!” Mosspaw knew what it felt like to join a new clan, and he wanted to befriend other cats like himself. He told that to Screechingpaw, and added “If you need a friend you know who to ask!”
Mosspaw then waited for the former outsider’s reply.

Sigpic done by @ramen
—————————————
Sun, Stars, Moon, Comet, Eclipse, Earth
—————————————
Team Foster-Keefe for life!
—————————————
"Don't doubt yourself; if anyone tells you your art is bad, then smack them with a frying pan."
- FluffyToasterBunny.
Old May 26th, 2024, 06:00 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN ~

AMAB | HE/HIM | WARRIOR | 55 MOONS | BEEFED UP TIER 1

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with amber eyes and light cream-gray fluff covering the front of his neck and chest.

Rage and exhilaration flowed through the large warrior even after his voice faded into the night air, an echo among the cold stars. The era of peace he'd experienced after his resurrection hadn't been slated to last. He'd known that it wouldn't. However, he found himself eager to drive RiverClan out. He wanted to feel the rip of their fur and flesh beneath his claws. Taste their blood as it turned his tongue crimson. Yet Wolffang also felt a flood of nostalgia. This was very, very similar to their conflict with ShadowClan. Uncannily so. Driving them out for their misdeeds. A brutal leader leading brutal warriors who spat on the warrior code with their every action. A Clan who brutalized apprentices for crossing the border and invaded other Clans' camps.

And took away important cats. Deputies. Loved ones.

Breezefeather and Coyotesnarl to Fallownose. Fernpaw to Fernrise. Ashfeather to Twistedpaw.

It was a grim era, one Wolffang hadn't wanted to see again. He didn't want his Clanmates to suffer, for such evil to take root in the Clans. But evil always returned. Evil always found a way. There were always some cats who wanted to cause trouble. Some Clans who wanted to cause trouble. And Wolffang found himself eager to eradicate that evil. Justice must be served. My Clanmates must be avenged. The warrior code must be upheld.

And, just as he remembered, some cats thought a long overdue punishment wasn't justified.

A warrior named Quailheart who looked more like a sheep than a quail began to advocate for RiverClan. Wolffang felt the fur rise along his spine. A growl rumbled in his throat. How dare this hare-brain insult Twilightstar and defend RiverClan? Defensive words were bubbling to his lips, but Crowtooth beat him to it. Wolffang felt himself relax a little as the black-and-white tunneler echoed his exact thoughts. They've had too many chances, and now they've proven themselves to be just as ruthless and dishonorable as ShadowClan, he thought. His claws flexed in the earth, ripping out fresh green shoots and scattering them across the silvered clearing. He gave Crowtooth a respectful dip of his head. He still needed to have a proper talk with the other tom.

Surely Quailheart would see sense. But some cats never did. His lip curled with scorn and his amber eyes flashed with undisguised exasperation and rage as the white-and-brown she-cat replied. Every cat can have an opinion unless it's absolutely featherbrained. He hardly heard her spiel about honesty being better than lies. Maybe he would've supported that if the rest of the words that escaped her mouth weren't so vile.

Twilightstar hopefully shut her down with more sense. Then she called two kits forward - ironically named Wolfkit and Leopardkit. A flash of black fur and a uniquely distorted tail caught Wolffang's eye. Turning, he found that Twistedpaw, freshly scarred from her encounter with RiverClan - his stomach tightened with disgust, not at her, but at what the fish-breaths had done and how his past self might've reacted - also went to refute Quailheart. I should, too. The end of his slightly shortened tail twitched. Idiocy should be shut down. But Swiftfire was going at it, too, and now Twilightstar's announcements were continuing. Wolffang sat down with his tail lashing behind him, flashing silver in the moonlight, its darker dapples like shadows.

Fallownose. Fernrise. Grief and rage clutched at his heart. How could anyone possibly excuse what RiverClan had done? A fresh hatred for Quailheart swamped him.

The rest of Twilightstar's announcements seemed to go by in a blur. Some apprentice was crying, but she was being dealt with. Wolfkit didn't show up. Leopardpaw got her new name. Wolffang idly chanted it - "Leopardpaw" - without much thought or enthusiasm. The young she-cat deserved a greeting, but he couldn't muster up much more.

Wait, what? Wolffang was quickly drawn back to reality at the sound of his name. He was... to mentor another apprentice? He blinked in shock, his amber eyes flashing in the darkness. Fernrise, Fallownose, and RiverClan faded to the back of his mind.

The fact that Twilightstar had even chosen him was... well, he couldn't believe that she trusted him. Five of his apprentices had gone missing. Five. The sixth, he hadn't been able to finish training, and look where he was now - a Fury, but one with little regard for Clan loyalty or respect.

His most recent apprentice, Cloverheart, had gone missing. Wolffang had felt guilty that he hadn't been able to properly train her. She'd deserved a proper education. A place in WindClan after all the suffering she'd endured. She'd hated Wolffang, and that had weighed on him, but he'd gotten over it. It wasn't something he should dwell on. She had valid reasons to, after what he'd done to Ashfeather. He hadn't expected forgiveness, but a partnership where he'd help her out.

But now, it seemed, he'd be starting out with a clean slate. He glanced up at the starry sky. Please, StarClan, let this one stay. Then he weaved his way through the crowd until he found Lichenpaw, who was also making her way over to him. Twilightstar's other announcements about a joining ShadowClan warrior who would be kept under close watch reached his ears as he weaved between the gathered bodies. Good that an eye was being kept on her. He hoped Dawnstar wouldn't mind. Normally, he would've rejoiced at stealing one of her warriors, though still been wary; but now he knew that damaging relations, as much as he hated ShadowClan, was not in WindClan's favor.

The scarred mink bite marks on his throat were a reminder of that.

Wolffang listened quietly while she spoke. So, she'd left. He wondered what had happened; he'd ask her later, but now, in the middle of the night, was not the time. And she'd been about to take her assessment, too? Almost a warrior. That was good - though he wouldn't be able to put his full mentoring skills to the test, he'd be able to guide one young cat on the path to warriorhood. She seemed determined to learn, too. Always good.

"Greetings, Lichenpaw," he rumbled, leaning down to touch noses with her. He immediately noticed that one eye was blind and took a mental note. That would definitely affect her - though make her no less capable of becoming a warrior, of course, and he was sure she'd already gotten used to it if she'd been ready to become a warrior before leaving. Unless the injury was new? "I will be your mentor from now on. I swear by StarClan that I'll take the best care of you that I can. I'm not sure how long you've been gone, but I doubt much has changed. I'll take you out to review your hunting and fighting skills before giving you an assessment."

A sudden pang shot through Wolffang, more powerful than he'd expected. The scruffy calico before him vanished, to be replaced by a brown tabby figure. One who was also old enough to be a warrior. It was brief. However, the pain was immense. Fernpaw. No, Fernrise.

He glanced toward Quailheart with renewed rage. She wasn't far away from Lichenpaw, so he wouldn't be abandoning his new apprentice.

"I'll be right back," he murmured, trying to morph his look into something reassuring. He didn't want his new apprentice to think he was upset with her. But his look quickly morphed into a mask of rage as he shoved through the crowd with his broad shoulders and shoved his muzzle into Quailheart's face.

"You. Twilightstar was gracious after you insulted her and her Clan so deeply. Normally, I'd support a warrior for having her own opinion, but not if it's so extraordinarily featherbrained, ridiculous, and full of fox dung that a badger would choke on it. You say RiverClan doesn't deserve to be driven out, that Twilightstar is short-sighted. You're the short-sighted one. Or perhaps you're blind.

"Have you even been paying attention to what RiverClan's done? Their tyranny has been going on for seasons. They used poisoned claws to infect their enemies. They ripped Twilightstar apart after she went to apologize for an altercation. They murdered Fallownose while he was wandering along the border. Our longest-standing deputy, the one who should've taken Twilightstar's place as Fallowstar, an honorable and powerful warrior. They maimed Twistedpaw for an accidental border crossing. An apprentice who made a simple mistake. No allowances for an explanation, not even a simple warning swipe. They purposefully tortured her. And Fernrise."
Tears burned the muscular tom's eyes, gleaming brilliant silver in the moonlit darkness. Stars danced in his burning amber gaze. Fire and justice.

"I'm sure you never even bothered to think about your Clanmates, the ones who fell to RiverClan. Fernrise - Fernpaw at the time, another apprentice - was the sweetest cat I knew. Always willing to help. Always kind. He'd been through a lot in life, far too much. He deserved happiness. And, last I saw, he was on good terms with RiverClan. But guess what they did the instant he made the mistake of straying onto their territory on his journey home? They killed him. Like honorless rogues. Like codeless warriors.

"How can you possibly say that they don't deserve this? That Twilightstar is a fool? It doesn't matter who leads them. All of their atrocities were committed under different leaders. Their hearts are cold, their souls spitting in StarClan's face. They need a firm reminder. Be grateful that Twilightstar has enough mercy to only drive them out for two moons. They should feel the pain of enemy claws in their pelt, the pain of losing their home. Justice will be served - and maybe they'll get their act together and realize that, if they want a place among the Clans, they need to get their act together and honor the code StarClan gave us."

@zBlaze (I love your signature!) @Rani @Tiabirb @Neptune.

Character Creator!

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old May 26th, 2024, 07:12 PM
High-Function Autistic

Status: Highly Functioning Autistic who is easily frustrated, so if I say something I don’t mean, I’m so
Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Angelic

Robinsnow glanced around at the unfamiliar warriors. Some were familiar faces from Gatherings, but others she didn’t know.

ON SCRATCH

Robinstar
is ThunderClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Roaringstar is SkyClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Pareidoliastar is WindClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Anachronismpounce is ShadowClan’s current Deputy.
Do not ask how I got so many lol.
Old May 27th, 2024, 06:11 AM
kitty of stars

Bump Policy: ALL THE TIME
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIOTICBEAN101 View Post

Leopardpaw-She/Her

--------------

Leopardki-paw couldn't stop herself from stimming in place. She quickly ran over to Crowbreeze, her eyes wide with excitement.

-------------

@constellation

Crowbreeze
He/him // Warrior // 31 moons // “Interesting!”

Crowbreeze froze. An apprentice? HIM?!? He turned to Leopardpaw and touched noses with her, still numb with shock. “H-hello, Leopardpaw. Don’t be nervous. You’ll be a brilliant apprentice.” he whispered to the young cat, his eyes kind. His nonchalant attitude was very fake, he was EXTREMELY surprised that Twilightstar had given HIM an apprentice. HIM! “I’ll… I’ll do my best!”

Crowbreeze purred as the—his apprentice jumped up and down with excitement. “We should get you settled in the apprentices’ den before we do anything.” it was late in the evening… “Why don’t you get your nest all nice, then tomorrow we will tour the territory?” Crow hoped he would be good at this ‘mentoring’ thing. He was SO excited! He could barely suppress jumping up and down.

He led Leopardpaw to the apprentices’ den, and ducked his head inside.a est, a bit old sat in the back. “That’ll be good for you? Here, I’ll fetch some feathers from my nest for you…” he shook away her protest and fetched the soft crow—hee—feathers and placed them in her sleeping spot. “We will find some more tomorrow!” He smiled. “Get rested!”
He padded away.

[ @IDIOTICBEAN101 — Leopardpaw ]

Rose dropped a bucket of appreciation here, oops!

Last edited by constellation; May 27th, 2024 at 06:12 AM.
Old May 27th, 2024, 12:10 PM

Bump Policy: At any time

Quote:
Originally Posted by constellation View Post
Crowbreeze
He/him // Warrior // 31 moons // “Interesting!”

Crowbreeze froze. An apprentice? HIM?!? He turned to Leopardpaw and touched noses with her, still numb with shock. “H-hello, Leopardpaw. Don’t be nervous. You’ll be a brilliant apprentice.” he whispered to the young cat, his eyes kind. His nonchalant attitude was very fake, he was EXTREMELY surprised that Twilightstar had given HIM an apprentice. HIM! “I’ll… I’ll do my best!”

Crowbreeze purred as the—his apprentice jumped up and down with excitement. “We should get you settled in the apprentices’ den before we do anything.” it was late in the evening… “Why don’t you get your nest all nice, then tomorrow we will tour the territory?” Crow hoped he would be good at this ‘mentoring’ thing. He was SO excited! He could barely suppress jumping up and down.

He led Leopardpaw to the apprentices’ den, and ducked his head inside.a est, a bit old sat in the back. “That’ll be good for you? Here, I’ll fetch some feathers from my nest for you…” he shook away her protest and fetched the soft crow—hee—feathers and placed them in her sleeping spot. “We will find some more tomorrow!” He smiled. “Get rested!”
He padded away.

[ @IDIOTICBEAN101 — Leopardpaw ]

Leopardpaw-She/Her

------------

"Okay! Thank you!" Leopardpaw said as Crowbreeze left the apprentice den.
The apprentice den! She was sleeping there! StarClan, she was so excited!
She wasn't sure how well she would be able to sleep, due to her excitement, but she would try!
She had to be ready for tomorrow!

------------

Old May 28th, 2024, 04:31 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Blah

Vinepaw-8 Moons-Anxious,kind

Vinepaw watched happily and bounded over to greet the new apprentice.”Hello! Im vinepaw im one of the younger apprentices but I guess your the youngest bow ..Im training to be a tunneler how about you? He looked at the other apprentice slightly nervous but there was genuine kindness in his gaze “Want me to show you the apprentice den?”
@IDIOTICBEAN101

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82554
Old May 28th, 2024, 05:14 PM

Bump Policy: At any time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

Vinepaw-8 Moons-Anxious,kind

Vinepaw watched happily and bounded over to greet the new apprentice.”Hello! Im vinepaw im one of the younger apprentices but I guess your the youngest bow ..Im training to be a tunneler how about you? He looked at the other apprentice slightly nervous but there was genuine kindness in his gaze “Want me to show you the apprentice den?”
@IDIOTICBEAN101

Leopardpaw-She/Her

---------------

Leopardpaw looked at Vinepaw, a gleam in her eyes. "Sure!" She said excitedly with a grin.

---------------

Old May 28th, 2024, 06:34 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 51 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

To some degree the tunneler was really hurt by Quailhearts response. He'd never said she couldnt have an opinion, he'd been pretty famously getting very close to Swiftfire of late when they'd had some pretty vocal and mean arguments in the past, ones that were not resolved. It didnt mean he respected her less and the issue was not the difference in opinion but how it was expressed. But she didnt seem to get that and once again the tom was frustrated by how he could never get cats to understand what he meant.

Twilightstar did it better and Crowtooth settled, hoping the leaders explanation would be enough to quell the worry in Quailheart and allow for a peaceful meeting. It didnt seem like Rabbitpaw was here, a good thing maybe, so he'd have time to calm down and peacefully approach the molly and ask about what she meant by ' I won't be around much longer anyway' Because that was worrying. Even if he disagreed with her she was the mother of his beloved apprentice and a valued clanmate, which is why the tom piped up as the meeting ended to Wolffang.
"Ease my friend. I think enough reason 'ave been given ta tell Quailheart why she's wrong an' even if not differences in opinion aint the end all. We're still clan. She can just not join the raid an' stay home while we fight." While Rabbitpaw fought too, because he'd been too eager and worked too had for Crowtooth to deny him his chance to fight. Though the tunneler would be hovering the entire raid that was for sure.

Piece said Crowtooth turned to peel off and go rest, throat hurting, he noticed a kitten b-lining it to the camp exit and moved to intervene. "Ey, Aspenkit, you quit that." The large tom moved to block the way, keeping the kitten in camp. "Kittens stay in camp, its dangerous out there an' against the rules. Ya dont want Twi ta delay yer apprenticeship right?"
(As aspen has not been posted with outside of camp threads yet she is still considered in camp and Im having crowtooth notice and try and stop her)

@TheNyanCatMinecart @zBlaze @Hollyheart of thunder

Last edited by Rani; May 28th, 2024 at 06:35 PM.