lalala ♩♪ ♬♩♪♩

Bump Policy: anytime <3
My Mood: Adorable
Default Re: Icy Heartlands

⚝ basilwisp ⚝
he/him || shadowclan || straight

@Abyssopelagic @Epiales

[ basilwisp is catching up to the patrol becuz he's late ]

The grey tom padded through the forest. 'Hello?' he called nervously, flicking his tail. 'Is anyone here?' He was late to the patrol, so very, very late. 'Finchpaw? Silkpaw?' Basil was meant to be leading those two apprentices out on a patrol, and it was unlikely that they would go out on their own. Unless another warrior went with them in replacement of Basil? For StarClan's sake, I can't believe that I couldn't even do a simple task like taking two apprentices out on a patrol! 'Finchpaw! Silkpaw! Are you two out here?'

avatar is marnie from official pokemon ✿ signature basilwisp pixel made by me
|| little art shop ||
|| basilwisp love plot finder ||
Old May 21st, 2024, 07:02 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Ah, there was Finchpaw!
The apprentice seemed to have been hiding from Honeybite rather than absent. She'd be impressed if she wasn't in a particularly foul mood.
Rather than commenting, she gestures for the apprentice to follow in tandem with Silkpaw. It wasn't long before Finchpaw found and caught the first kill of the patrol.
She'd be sure to administer praise when her tongue was no longer bound in silence, and gestures for Silkpaw to follow his peer.

On shaky paws, Silkpaw stalks forward, his ears perked and listening for the rustling of prey. It is instead his nose that catches the scent of something warm.
His head follows the direction, and spots a mouse. He starts towards the rodent, slowly and carefully as it scuttles around, carefully gnawing on some tree roots. He shifts his weight, calculating his pounce, when a distant shout makes him jump into the air, startling his quarry.
Quickly, he tries to fix his mistake and leaps forward anyway, trying to outpace the creature. He's too slow, however, and it disappears down a tunnel hidden among the tree roots.
He sniffs, feeling tears well up in his eyes and he tries to fix it. He reaches his paw into the hole, extending his claws to find the warm little creature, but all he gets in return is a pawful of dirt.

Honeybite, for her part, manages to catch two small, round bodies birds before Basilwisp's shout rings through the air. With a hiss, barely catching the second bird despite it having startled, she deposited it with the other and followed the sound.
Silkpaw and Finchpaw would be fine while she dealt with.... Ugh.
She comes face to face with Basilwisp, the warrior that had originally been supposed to take the apprentices. Her tail lashes, and she stares at her Clanmate coldly.
"Silence your shouting. You've nearly warned half the forest of your presence as it is," she hisses.
"Yes, Silkpaw and Finchpaw are nearby. We had been having a pleasant hunt before you came in and disturbed the peace. If you want to hunt with me, you'll need to hold your tongue."
And they would need to find somewhere else to continue the hunt. No doubt, everything with a survival instinct would have gone into hiding for the rest of the hour, and she didn't feel like waiting for them to come back.
With a sigh, she turned away. He was free to follow behind or to not. She was wasting precious time that could be spent finding a new hunting spot.
"Finchpaw, Silkpaw. Collect anything you've caught, we're finding a new spot. We won't find anything otherwise."
She collected her own birds, and waited for the apprentices to follow.

[Can resume hunting in your own posts, just trying to get this in before the due date, even with an extension]
[ @Epiales , @ramen ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old May 22nd, 2024, 04:28 AM
lalala ♩♪ ♬♩♪♩

Bump Policy: anytime <3
My Mood: Adorable

⚝ basilwisp ⚝
he/him || shadowclan || straight

@Abyssopelagic @Epiales

[ basil's going to talk back to honey ]

Basil flicked his tail, staring at the she-cat, before realising that he didn't quite remember her name. 'What's your name?' Seeing his Clanmate had turned away, he added, annoyed, 'Wasn't it Honeysomething?' He quickly glanced around and noticed the two apprentices, Finchpaw and Silkpaw. From what the tom could see, they had already began hunting. He knew that Honeywhatever would probably snap back at his question, though, so he hissed, ' Sorry I don't remember, but I don't tend to remember the names of cold mouse-hearts like you.' Ugh, time to move on and find another place to hunt anyways. I don't care if Honeysomething ignores me or does something similar.

avatar is marnie from official pokemon ✿ signature basilwisp pixel made by me
|| little art shop ||
|| basilwisp love plot finder ||
Old May 23rd, 2024, 03:45 PM

[ Don't forget that the patrol is due on the 27th, if I don't get replies by 24 hours of my posts, I'll be moving on to try to keep the ball rolling ]

"If you want, you can resume the patrol with us. I will not force you one way or the other."
Honeybite rolls her eyes at Basilwisp's immaturity, but doesn't dwell on his purposeful forgetful behavior, and instead leads their patrol further away, letting everyone else carry their own current catches, as she had her own to drag along.
Silkpaw looked noticably downtrodden, and she could only assume it was due to the lack of success. They had the whole day to make up for it.
She was sure he'd feel better before the end.

New area found, Honeybite indicated for the patrol to spread out.
"Finchpaw, Silkpaw. Stay close to either myself or Basilwisp, and stay safe. We shouldn't come across trouble, but keep your senses sharp just to be certain."
Silkpaw nods, and resumes a hunting crouch, darting ahead of the warriors to get a head start on his second attempt at hunting.

[ @Epiales , @ramen ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old May 26th, 2024, 02:02 AM

//short bc I'm going on hiatus and want this done before I do//

Honeybite caught a mouse. Silkpaw managed to catch two mice.
The both of them went home to turn in the patrol.

@Epiales @ramen
Old May 29th, 2024, 06:49 AM
.·:*¨♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆☆≈¨*:·.

Bump Policy: 1 week unless its time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
Success!! Rottenheart was gone, and while Shewstep had initially planned on running a battle training session, if Pidgeonpaw wanted hunting he wasn't going to refuse her. He wasn't sure how much prey they'd be able to find in the Icy Heartlands, but if nothing else they could run through the basic methods of hunting. Basic stalking, pouncing, scenting, that sort of thing. Which, speaking of. Alright, I'll start throwing knowledge! he mewed, smiling slightly. Pidgeonpaw's enthusiasm was enjoyable, and exciting.

The first thing you'll want to practice is the hunting crouch. Bend your front legs a bit he followed his own command, bowing his front limbs in order to lower the front half of his body and tuck your hind paws under your but a bit. Your tail should be low so it didn't wave about in the air and scare things but not so low it's dragging on the ground and creating noise. Again, Shrewstep obeyed his own words, keeping his tail at a medium level and stretching his front paws out in front of him as he tucked hind paws under his body. Now I want you to try. Get in your best attempt at this position and walk around in it. I'll let you know if anything is too off. he ordered, remaining crouched himself for the moment as a demo. @Luminous

Pigeonpaw

She was prob imagining it, but had Shrewstep planned something other than hunting? Impossible! Pigeonpaw's memory was amazing! She knew that because she couldn't remember ever having forgotten anything. So yeah, hunting was on the agenda. A crouch was first, and the grey apprentice did as told and bent her legs, the front half of her body dropping towards the ground, soon followed by the latter half of her as she continued to follow what Shrewstep said.

Her tail smoothened down above the ground, and then she- Walk? She could crawl if that was what Shrewy wanted, but walking?While her already short legs were folded like this?? Glancing down at her paws, the grey apprentice frowned a bit before picking up one and beginning to move it forward, then another, and so on. It felt off at first until- AHA! She began to move her shoulders along with the rest of her movement, and suddenly it all came much more easily. Her tail grazed over some leaves, causing a soft ruffling sound, and Pigeonpaw quickly jerked it up a bit. Ok she had to remember that with the tail.

She turned to Shrewstep and grinned. "How was that hu?"

Plot finder

_______________ Tracker _______________
¨•┈꒰ა ♡⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ Springkit - Cowskip - Wyvern - Hawkcatcher - Pigeonpaw ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆ ♡ ໒꒱┈•¨

Purrks: Hawkcatcher has Mind Reader, Wyvern has Dreamwalker, Pigeonpaw has The Collector