Lion and lamb, owl and...
Last post by Luminous
Today 03:08 AM

Old May 20th, 2024, 04:05 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: Thunderglade

FINALLY. Deadmoon had had enough walking for the day, though she was well aware that she was going to have to haul herself back to camp as soon as the border marking was done. Speaking of which, the apprentices might not actually know how to go about their task. She wasn't sure how much training Spottedpaw had, but she was fairly certain Honeypaw had only been sent on patrols with her. Right. Nothing looks immediately amiss No predator scent, no obvious trespassing, nothing of not except what looked like a smashed beehive on the Thunderclan side of the border which was none of their concern! All in all, a good start!

so we'll spread out a bit to get this done faster. Stay within earshot obviously, for Thunderclan and vulture reasons, but you can mark the border on your own. Just..... Deadmoon approached the border to demonstrate, adding a new layer of scent to a stump that served as part of the scent line. make sure you're on our side, look for places where the scent is strongest and refresh those markers. Alright? Hopefully this was enough of an explanation, and if neither of the kiddos had any questions Deadmoon would make her way to the left, and begin marking the border.
@Fish @CloudlessEve
Old May 21st, 2024, 12:07 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

[ highkey i dont even remember when this was due LOL also gonna keep this short so we can get this rolling ]

Wolfhive wasn't that convinced Springlight wasn't the true mentor 'round these parts. In comparison, Drizzlecloud was like a bumbling badger to Springlight's delicate touch. So she doesn't collect anything wrong.. sounded a lot like she didn't know how to do her job! But how could he broach this concern with Springlight? She seemed very attached to the perception Drizzlecloud was more than [she] was..

Anyway, back to important things. Springlight handled the mud splash well and he laughed when she returned fire. Once he sufficiently caked himself, it occurred to him.. the muffled scents reminded him of something. At the time, he hadn't noticed it at Smallpines - but it smelled just like that fish body he found. Very muddy beneath the ThunderClan scent. Weird! He might mention that to his 'ma, but the body was dead 'n gone and he wasn't terribly concerned by a dead fish. Neither was that Duskcat, which just fueled his belief it wasn't that big of a deal.

"Understood." Springbee went for the stick. Wolfhive waited for the hive to hit the ground before he lunged. He made it to the broken structure and began to grab as much as he could carry, feeling an odd sensation through the muck as bees attempted to defend their home. After grabbing as much as he could before he felt something stab his inner ear, he made a book for it toward Springlight.

[ +3 honeycomb ]
[ @iliri @Omari ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 22nd, 2024, 04:10 PM
I have the high ground

Bump Policy: 72 Hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

~ Lioncrest ~

Large paws padded steadily towards the clearing next to Windclan's border. Theoretically, this would be a good location to capture a few voles, or perhaps a bird or two if they appeared. A rabbit might be too much to ask of his apprentice, but if one happened to cross the border it would give him a wonderful opportunity for demonstration. Pausing his movements, the golden warrior glanced back to see how his charge was faring before clearing his throat to begin his instruction.

"Since this is the first opportunity I've had to see your hunting skills, let us set up a scenario for you to complete," he rumbled, padding over to the edge of the clearing briefly to collect a sturdy leaf from a bush before returning and placing it on the ground a few tail-lengths in front of Poppypaw. "Show me your hunting crouch and the way 'Bigcat' taught you to approach prey. For now, this leaf will be what you are hunting. Begin when you are ready and I will correct any mistakes you make along the way."

Paws-crossed he wouldn't have to start from scratch, but if he did at least he'd be able to mold this young cat into a proper functional warrior after his own image.

[ @Estelle Training start! ]

Old May 23rd, 2024, 02:38 AM

Spikefur
She-cat | Elder
Spikefur laid down in the grass, yawning.
Old May 23rd, 2024, 08:18 AM
scarlet princess

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Lazy

Making sure not to stray too far from his mentor, Winterpaw began looking for ivy while Crowtooth gathered the daisy. Like Lightningstorm had said, it might be growing on trees, or really anywhere the ivy could spread out.

After closely and slowly examining every tree and crevice he could find, Winterpaw spotted a distinct, dark green vine, climbing up the bark higher than Winterpaw could reach. He hooked onto the vine with his paw, not sure if it was safe to bite, and pulled- but it wasn't coming off.

Hm... Winterpaw hadn't learned how to climb trees yet, but it seemed like something one could grasp without a lesson. You just needed to keep a good grip and be able to pull yourself up, right? There could be more to it though. Well, there was nothing for Winterpaw to do but try...

(winterpaw rolls a 14!)

Keeping himself balanced, Winterpaw put both his front paws on the tree, and pushed up with his back ones. The ridges in the bark certainly helped. At first he kept his core tense, keeping himself braced for the impact of falling, but as Winterpaw kept going he gradually let his muscles loosen. He had to use the strength in his legs, yes, but Winterpaw found it was easier to move when he was less rigid.

Once he got to where the top of the vine was, Winterpaw tugged it's hold on the tree away, careful to keep himself from falling- this part required the most focus. Eventually though the whole thing fell to the forest floor, and Winterpaw smoothly landed back on the ground with all four paws under him. "Got it," he called to his patrol. "Do either of you need any assistance?"

(+1 ivy vine)

@Dolomedes @Rani
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; May 23rd, 2024 at 08:23 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2024, 11:48 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 7 | Purrks: Dreamwalker | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw trotted after Crowtooth, at Winterpaw’s side, as they made their way to the Thunderglade. Which was the border between Windclan and Thunderclan if he remembered correctly and that was interesting. To his knowledge Thunderclan hasn’t done anything too bad to Windclan recently so he wasn’t too worried about being attacked. He means, at least compared to how he would feel about being at the Riverclan border, a clan who has tortured one of his fellow apprentices. That was scary. Though it should be fine. Rabbitpaw was a bit surprised when Crowtooth allowed Winterpaw and him to spread out. In his head up till this point, he kind of assumed that patros stayed at each others’ sides the whole time, but it makes sense to spread out for herb and hunting patrols. The blonde nodded at his mentor’s words, “Of course, Crowtooth!

Winterpaw started to leave and Rabbitpaw figured it wouldn’t hurt to follow him for a smidge of time so that the blonde had a better idea of what he was supposed to be doing. This was his first herb patrol and first patrol ever after all, he wasn’t super sure. The older apprentice took hardly any time at all to spot an ivy vine hanging from a nearby tree and Rabbitpaw followed after him as they both walked towards it. As Winterpaw pulled out the ivy and then thing seemed to be stuck completely, the blonde almost opened his mouth to offer that he climbs up and gets it down but Winterpaw seemed to have that handled as soon after he was climbing the tree with ease, got the ivy down and then landed on his paws. Very cool! He shook his head at the offer of help though Rabbitpaw thinks he understands what he should be doing now, “Nope, I’m all good! Though did you also have a tree climbing lesson? That was super cool! You made it look super easy.

Green eyes trailed from the other apprentice around the environment look around for the same vine hanging from somewhere else as well. Sure enough he was able to spot it not too far away from here and after waiting for whatever response that Winterpaw had before he trotted towards the vine he noticed. Winterpaw had made it seem simple enough, just climb up and then untangle the vine and then tada! Easy! And plus Rabbitpaw has gotten a lesson on tree climbing though this was a bit more daunting in real life versus in Starclan’s territory. One paw after another. He slowly made his way up the tree, much more unsure, but as he got closer to the top he got more confident of his abilities. Though the way the bark pushed against his paws had Rabbitpaw wincing. His paws were already sore from whatever has been happening with them and pushing against the bumpy bark hurts even worse. After making it up onto a branch, Rabbitpaw took a moment to look at his paws.

They were calloused and pinkish red with irritation, but he was still confused on why? They’ve been getting from annoying to painful lately. Maybe he should see Miss Lightningstorm about them? No, there were more important injuries that needed to be seen too, and upcoming ones that Miss Lightningstorm will need all her herbs for. Shouldn’t be wasted on Rabbitpaw’s crying like a hurt kit. His green eyes moved from the paw and to the vine that was tangled up the branch nearby. The blonde reached out and after some messing around, got the vine to fall with a thud against the floor. Yes! Now getting down, Rabbitpaw wasn’t very good at this part but it was easy, don’t get stuck in your head. He peered down and quickly reared his head back, it hit the tree lightly but enough to have him wince again.

Haha…He was much higher up than he thought he was. That was fine, he was just…caught off guard. Yep, just spooked a bit is all, he’s perfectly fine now. Once more he looked down the trunk of the tree and the forest floor seemed so far away now. Oh stars. There wasn’t any way that Rabbitpaw was stuck in this tree right now, no, he was just looking around for more vines at a higher level so he could see more. No, don’t mention the way the leaves covered most views of other trees and that it was probably easier to see vines from the super far away ground. His ears pinned against his skull and against his will. Uhhh, maybe he did need help? Green eyes shifted to the other branches and- oh, there actually was another vine in this tree. That’s worth something at least, doesn’t really help his current problem but it did help Miss Lightningstorm.

Rabbitpaw slowly shuffled across the branches to the other one with a vine and did the same thing as before. He reached out shakily to drop the vine. It took just the same amount of effort as the first one and the vine dropped down and curled like a snake near the trunk of the tree. Okay, now he was out of excuses wasn’t he. Rabbitpaw was stuck in the tree, well, wait, let’s not jump to conclusions. Maybe he could get down the tree! He just needed to try again, haha, nope. He pushed himself against the base of the tree after trying to peer down and map a way down to the floor. There was no way he was going to call over Winterpaw and Crowtooth for this, they had other things they needed to be doing to help Miss Lightningstorm than helping Rabbitpaw out of a situation that he got himself stuck in.

OKAY SO IN HIS DEFENSE HE’S A WINDCLAN CAT, NOT A THUNDERCLAN CAT! Okay so enough being defensive with himself, time to figure this out before Winterpaw and Crowtooth come looking for him or think that anything’s wrong. What if he just jumped? No, that was stupid, he would probably hurt himself really bad. Now he was breathing funny, it reminded him of his freakout after his chat with Crowtooth not too long ago. Accept this one was more than that one. That one was worry with an underlying feeling of he was going to die creeping up on him, this one was all loud and aggressive and very much so he was going to die. No one’s dying! Rabbitpaw wasn’t going to die? He continued to stare down at the grass underneath the branch he was perched on. No, logically, he doesn’t think he would die even if he fell out of the tree right now.

Though his mind didn’t listen to that thought, it was a very helpful thought. Rather it focused on how much it would hurt if he did fall out of the tree. His paws scrambled under him without Rabbitpaw asking them to, his claws digging painfully into the bark of the branch. Oh wait, oh wait, oh wait! In the shuffle, his back paws crossed over themselves and the next thing he knew Rabbitpaw was tripping backwards, off of the branch he was on and down. His breath was taking away and the alarm bells ringing in his head previously was now a terrifying scream. He hardly even had time to think before he was twisting in the air and barely registering the way he reached out for the trunk and dug his claws in. The bark caught on his claws and the bottom half of his body swung into the trunk. Ow.

He only fell like two tail lengths at most and that’s pushing it but he’s pretty sure he died and he was on his way to starclan. Or that his spirit left his body only to be very rudely pushed back into it roughly in the next second. Oh wait, breath Rabbitpaw, you are still alive, that's something that needs to happen. The blonde apprentice coughed a bit, his body shaking so hard that he wasn’t sure if he could keep his awkward hold on the trunk. His eyes were squeezed shut and slowly he squinted one and realized that he was close enough to set his back paws onto the ground again, and he swiftly dropped to the ground and subsequently fell to his side and just has never felt more blessed in his life ever that he was a Windclan cat and not a Thunderclan. Oh thank the stars for that one, he pressed his paws to his face while laying on his back. Twigs and pebbles pressed uncomfortably against his back but he didn’t really care at the moment. Little things like that didn’t really mean much when he just saw his life flash before his eyes.

…At least he got two vines for Miss Lightningstorm. Never again. Never again. He would settle for cutting or biting the vines, they would be shorter. Never. Again. Would he even fathom going up a tree. Once more thanking Starclan that he was a Windclan cat and not a Thunderclan cat, Rabbitpaw grabbed the ends of both vines and dragged them back towards where he saw Winterpaw and Crowtooth last. Hopefully no one saw that pitiful showing of skill. He would stick to getting daisy leaves for the rest of the patrol, he would take disgustingly bitter over going into another tree. Once spotting his patrol he took a deep breath, still trying to calm down all the way even though his lungs were acting like he ran across the entire territory in one go. “Foun…found some vines! I’m going to get as many leaves as I can carry and then I’m ready to go back.
[ +2 Ivy Vines ]
[ @Rani - Crowtooth | @zozelen - Winterpaw ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
Old May 23rd, 2024, 12:27 PM

Status: I'm typing this late at night I should probably sleep.
Bump Policy: Every 48 hours

Honeypaw
7 Moons
15/100
Purrks: Flock Together T1

Honeypaw had never been to this particular border, however she knew that WindClan wasn't mad at ThunderClan. I think.. She looked towards her patrolmates and listened to her mentor. "Alright!" She went farther away, but not too far. She noticed a strong, familiar scent and marked her scent there. She tried not to cross, though she wasn't completely certain where her territory ended and where ThunderClan's began. ThunderClan would probably get pretty mad if I sprayed too far. She repeated the process once more further away, wondering if she'd see a ThunderClan warrior. I've only seen the other clans once. She thought of her first gathering, the day she was apprenticed. Regardless, she looked back to her patrolmates, specifically Deadmoon, to make sure she hadn't gone too far.

( @gs29513 - Deadmoon , @Fish - Spottedpaw )
(P.S. Sorry I'm a little late.)
Old May 23rd, 2024, 04:15 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud was just minding her business, collecting burnet whenever she came across it. Quiet, in her own head, huffing quietly to herself as she used her claws to swipe at the stems of the burnet’s leaves, but seeing as she was already handling three mushrooms she couldn’t handle a lot more. So, now with her paws and jaws full, she stood up straight with her findings, green gaze shifting from the ground to her surroundings.

Oh, there’s Springlight and Wolfhive. And some bees.

Oh, right. Bees.

She turned tail and broke out into a sprint, taking precaution to not run directly alongside her clanmates, as she did not want to get stung… She had no protective barrier like the mud that they sported, after all, so hopefully she wouldn’t get stung!

[ short bc today is. bad but i wanna get this out @iliri @BEAR. Also she’s got 3 mushroom 2 burnet i believe ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old May 24th, 2024, 04:20 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 51 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

...... Crowtooth had that niggling feeling that trouble making was occurring juuuuust out of his sight range. It was a new feeling, the tom wasnt used to having apprentices and while in a honed mentor it'd send them running to manage the potential disaster young reckless cats could cause, Crowtooth just paused. He didnt hear anything concerning, just a distant thump and some light voices (not knowing that silence in kids was the most concerning thing) so he just shrugged and carried on gathering.

Eventually he had his give daisy leaves, he was scrunching his nose accordingly at the bitterness, and even had two extra leaves he wouldnt be able to carry back. He could however bring them to the apprentices for one to take, and did.

Padding over and tossing the two daisy leaves to the toms to whoever would take it Crowtooth managed to miss all signs of the shenanigans that'd occurred and asked "Ya'll wrapped up over here? Lemme help, Ill yank a vine down fer ya." It wasnt hard as bigger then the two he just had to reach up and tug it down, which left several vines for the apprentices to choose from and complete their bundles.

"Any skills ya wanna learn while yer here? I aint gonna be able ta teach ya skills like climbin' but I can maybe teach ya a single fightin' move good fer wooded areas like this or go over prey types ya can find here an' how ta get 'em."

@Dolomedes @zozelen (Crowtooth: 5 daisy leaves. 2 Daisy leaves & 2 ivy vines offered for the apps to take)
Old May 24th, 2024, 06:27 PM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
FINALLY. Deadmoon had had enough walking for the day, though she was well aware that she was going to have to haul herself back to camp as soon as the border marking was done. Speaking of which, the apprentices might not actually know how to go about their task. She wasn't sure how much training Spottedpaw had, but she was fairly certain Honeypaw had only been sent on patrols with her. Right. Nothing looks immediately amiss No predator scent, no obvious trespassing, nothing of not except what looked like a smashed beehive on the Thunderclan side of the border which was none of their concern! All in all, a good start!

so we'll spread out a bit to get this done faster. Stay within earshot obviously, for Thunderclan and vulture reasons, but you can mark the border on your own. Just..... Deadmoon approached the border to demonstrate, adding a new layer of scent to a stump that served as part of the scent line. make sure you're on our side, look for places where the scent is strongest and refresh those markers. Alright? Hopefully this was enough of an explanation, and if neither of the kiddos had any questions Deadmoon would make her way to the left, and begin marking the border.
@Fish @CloudlessEve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudlessEve View Post

Honeypaw
7 Moons
15/100
Purrks: Flock Together T1

Honeypaw had never been to this particular border, however she knew that WindClan wasn't mad at ThunderClan. I think.. She looked towards her patrolmates and listened to her mentor. "Alright!" She went farther away, but not too far. She noticed a strong, familiar scent and marked her scent there. She tried not to cross, though she wasn't completely certain where her territory ended and where ThunderClan's began. ThunderClan would probably get pretty mad if I sprayed too far. She repeated the process once more further away, wondering if she'd see a ThunderClan warrior. I've only seen the other clans once. She thought of her first gathering, the day she was apprenticed. Regardless, she looked back to her patrolmates, specifically Deadmoon, to make sure she hadn't gone too far.

( @gs29513 - Deadmoon , @Fish - Spottedpaw )
(P.S. Sorry I'm a little late.)

So this was the Thunderglade, honestly Spottedpaw was expecting it to be constantly thundering around here but in comparison it was very quiet. Honestly she was disappointed, was there no magic or wonder in this world? That was a bit depressing now that she thought about it. Sure there was the starclan stuff but she wished for more whimsy. Suppose she could kick dirt about it..

Not wanting to stick around for long she made sure to mark the border but kept well away from the Thunderclan scents, maybe she was being to cautious but her patrol mates were closer to the border, while respecting it, so she figure this would be fine.