Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Maybe the moon isn't as...
Last post by Luminous
Today 02:50 AM
Doves did always guide oss
Last post by Luminous
Today 02:36 AM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Luminous
Today 02:26 AM
father daughter day
by stag
Last post by Dark
Today 02:22 AM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by Hollyheart of thunder
Today 02:10 AM

Old May 7th, 2024, 12:38 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: Rabbit Running(Private)

AND the child was starting to get annoying. Sighing slightly as Duckpaw felt the need to announce her 'accomplishment' once more, (Deadmoon was not enjoying the reminders that a green apprentice could run her down relatively easily, thank you very much) Deadmoon gave the smaller molly a chance to shake some of the dirt out of her fur. At least her apprentice had also been slightly inconvenienced by this whole situation. She did seem eager to get started on the hunting part, which was fair enough. Not that Deadmoon had really seen her be unenthusiastic about anything, except being near the potentially deadly borders. That was understandable though.

For a while now Deadmoon had a chance to take a break, simply following along at a distance as Duckpaw scented, tracked, and then sprinted at the rabbit. Or, more accurately, was sprinted at by the rabbit. She couldn't resist a small chuckle, it was rather un-prey-like behavior, but not altogether surprising. The burrow was right there, after all, and the only reason Duckpaw hadn't caught it, for she had positioned herself well, was the surprise of an inexperienced hunter. Even Deadmoon would have reacted quickly enough to jump that rabbit, her instincts sharp enough for that at least. Not that she could blame the small apprentice, getting charged by something was always a bit surprising.

I can see that. she deadpanned, though her maw was something of a smile. It wasn't bad that Duckpaw had failed, just a thing that had happened. Yes, go on and try again. she responded, scenting the air to see if there were any rabbits around. It did seem like there were a few, though Duckpaw would probably have to do a bit of walking in order to get there. That shouldn't be a problem though, she was young and spry and whatnot. Just try to be a bit more....aggressive this time. If the rabbit presents you with an opportunity like that, jump on it. Even if you slow it down that's good. If she got the chance she would try and move in to push the rabbit back towards Duckpaw, but she wasn't fast so it would depend on luck mostly. @Marycat006
Old May 20th, 2024, 06:35 AM

My Mood: Happy

”Ok, I’ll try again!” Duckpaw said. She sniffed around, trying to catch a scent, and found a few. They were a bit away, so she started off in their general direction, every so often taking a second to make sure she was on the right track. She could still smell the rabbit, so she continued on into the grass. This rabbit probably wasnt like the other one. That other rabbit was weird. Duckpaw hoped she’d catch this one. If she didnt, she could always try again.

After a bit of walking, she saw a rabbit. It was smaller than the other rabbit, and probably dumber too. It was just munching on some grass, not a care in the world. Duckpaw dropped into a crouch, and began to slowly creep up behind the rabbit. Very slowly. The rabbit didnt seem to notice-or care. It was eating its lunch. It had no idea that it was going to be lunch. A part of her wanted to turn around to make sure that Deadmoon was still following her, but she trusted that her mentor hadnt abandoned her to be lost in a grassy field. When Duckpaw was about a tail-lenth away, she readied herself to leap at the rabbit.

Be more aggressive, she thought to herself. Get that rabbit. Duckpaw bunched up her weight in her back paws, eyes fixed intently on the rabbit. And then she jumped!

Duckpaw dove headfirst at the rabbit, and caught it inbetween her paws. It made a weird, scared squeak sound when she did that, and made another when she bit into it. Duckpaw let go of it, and took a step back to look at it. It wasnt moving. Was it dead? It was probably dead. If its dead, thanks Starclan. Duckpaw thought. if its not, sorry rabbit. She poked it with her paw. It moved because she moved it, but the rabbit didnt jump up and leap away. Did she actually do it? Did Duckpaw actually manage to catch a (admittedly pretty small) rabbit?

”Deadmoon!" She called. "I think I killed it! Can you come check?"
Old May 20th, 2024, 05:15 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

@Marycat006 (You forgot to mention me, you're lucky I was checking on whether Duckie got readded today! She did, btw, so I'll start something with her and Honeypaw tomorrow or Wednesday)
Deadmoon was content to follow Duckpaw as her apprentice set off in pursuit of another rabbit she had scented. The enthusiasm was nice, and Deadmoon was going to do her best to stay out of the way and let the kid do her thing unless her intervention was truly necessary. She was also pleased to see that they had found a younger, stupider rabbit because that would improve Duckpaw's chances and a successful catch was always good for getting apprentices to be productive. A bit of confidence, the idea that they could contribute to the clan, that was something she had been in sore need of as an apprentice. But then again, Duckpaw had certainly been a more ebullient character than she had started out as. Then she way now.

It seemed Duckpaw was also a little more....mobile, lunging at and catching the rabbit on her second attempt. Or at least, Deadmoon assumed she had? It hadn't taken off running which was a promising sign, but Duckpaw was also yelling at her to come check whether it was dead or not. Was that a question? Was she going to have to put the poor thing out of its misery? Regardless, Deadmoon hustled over as quickly as possible. Coming! Yep, dead. Definitely, definitely dead. Yep, you killed it. she purred, swinging her tail about to rest on Duckpaw in a congratulatory gesture, if allowed. Good job! You ready to head back to camp with your prize? If it seemed like she was glossing over Duckpaw's achievement a bit...yeah, she probably was. But Deadmoon had never been a cat with a penchant for sentimental speeches, even when she WAS proud of the cat in question.
Old May 22nd, 2024, 11:26 AM

My Mood: Happy

Ok. So the rabbit was dead. Duckpaw had won. Excellent. A part of her wanted to jump around like a kit, but she managed to control herself. Even though she was internally celebrating. Jumping up and down in her head, spinning in circles, yelling “WHAHOO” really loud in her head, the whole shebang. But, she wasn't a baby, so she didn't do any of that. She swished her tail around happily before going back over to the rabbit.

Duckpaw picked it up by its neck, turning back to her mentor. ”Ok! I'm ready to go!” she said. With her mouth full of rabbit, it came out mumbled and probably ineligible. Eh. Deadmoon could probably figure out what she meant, and if she couldn't, Duckpaw beginning to walk back in the direction she was fairly certain camp was in would probably tell her. ”Onward!” Duckpaw said, again very muffled because of dead rabbit. Sure hope this is the right way. And that if it's not, that Deadmoon doesn't blindly follow me. Do I turn around to check if she's following? Would that tell her that I'm not entirely certain? Well. That was later Duckpaw’s problem. She continued on, holding her prize in her jaws and her head high.

@gs29513 (I didn't forget to mention you this time! Sorry!)