Today 02:10 AM

Old May 16th, 2024, 04:03 PM
bork bork

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Icy Heartlands

Kestrelpaw
7 moons || ShadowClan || @Wingnettle

Kestrelpaw bounded over to the pond. Tiny sheets of ice covered the sides of the pond breaking away to frame the
freezing cold water below. "I'm ready." his patience started to run dry even though it had only been a few minutes.
His lack of patience was one of his greatest flaws. Gingerly taking a few steps into the water as Lynxshade deemed alright,
His short fur wasn't much protection against the cold waves. He let out a shiver.

He watched eagerly as Lynx swimming began swimming and with a sudden burst of confidence the Kestrelpaw just ....ran into the water.
Yelping as water flooded their pelt. The tom started to flop around, limbs flailing around as they tried to touch the bottom and
regain stability. His paw caught on a submerged branch or rock, causing his head to go under the water for about a second
before he had the sudden epiphany that he had just learnt how to swim.

Kestralpaw tried to turn his body, awkwardly stretching his paws upward, as if trying to grasp pawfuls of water.
He kicked his back legs in place, rising to the surface with an unsteady grin. “I think I'm doing it…. maybe??”

Last edited by Hound; May 16th, 2024 at 04:12 PM.
Old May 17th, 2024, 12:02 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Honeybite led the apprentice out of camp, and into the territory. She remained silent the entire time, not interested in any small talk. She was already displeased in having to pick someone else's slack, and while she understood it wasn't either apprentice's fault, she still didn't want to speak to them unless necessary.
Once she was satisfied that their little group could find themselves a half decent haul of prey, she indicated for them to stop, and turned to face her wards.
"Now, do either of you need a quick hunting lesson?"
Her pale yellow eyes landed on the new apprentice specifically.

Silkpaw ducks his head as the warriors' gaze singled him out.
He already wasn't sure if he liked her. She wasn't nice, at all, though he appreciated that she had taken the time to taken him and Finchpaw out for their patrol. But she was very clear about how much she was unhappy with having to do so.
"Well, uhm. Shrewstep never had a chance to take me anywhere before today. So I'd need to be taught to hunt."

[ @Epiales ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old May 17th, 2024, 12:17 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Kestrelpaw

Kestrelpaw bounded over to the pond. Tiny sheets of ice covered the sides of the pond breaking away to frame the
freezing cold water below. "I'm ready." his patience started to run dry even though it had only been a few minutes.
His lack of patience was one of his greatest flaws. Gingerly taking a few steps into the water as Lynxshade deemed alright,
His short fur wasn't much protection against the cold waves. He let out a shiver.

He watched eagerly as Lynx swimming began swimming and with a sudden burst of confidence the Kestrelpaw just ....ran into the water.
Yelping as water flooded their pelt. The tom started to flop around, limbs flailing around as they tried to touch the bottom and
regain stability. His paw caught on a submerged branch or rock, causing his head to go under the water for about a second
before he had the sudden epiphany that he had just learnt how to swim.

Kestralpaw tried to turn his body, awkwardly stretching his paws upward, as if trying to grasp pawfuls of water.
He kicked his back legs in place, rising to the surface with an unsteady grin. “I think I'm doing it…. maybe??”
Lynxshade
Shadowclan Enforcer
33 moons | she/her

Shadow Fiend | Primal Instincts | Beefed Up (T3) | Bilingual (T3)
Lynxshade observed the young apprentice struggling to stay afloat, but didn't intervene. She needed this cat to grow his confidence with experience, but of course, she wouldn't let him drown.
"You're quickly getting it, but you need more practice. Your head keeps going down the surface, and your leg movements are clumsy. But that's okay. You're a beginner, after all."

The icy water was reaching the marrow in her bones, but she knew the young tom was surely feeling it even worse. "Now, we don't want to get hypothermia and give Mossfreckle some trouble. We can practice for a few more minutes, then all off the water. We'll return to camp in a run so that hopefully our fur will mostly dry by the time we've arrived."

Old May 17th, 2024, 03:37 PM
bork bork

Kestrelpaw

Kestralpaw shivered as he paddled in the icy water, his paws flailing awkwardly. he took a deep breath and nodded .
"I can do it, Lynxshade!" he said, voice wavering slightly from the cold. He focused on her advice, kicking
his forelegs faster and adjusting his shoulders to smooth out his movements. He tilted his head upwards,
trying to keep it above the surface.

Kestralpaw's nodded dutifully as he listened to Lynxshade, the cold biting into his bones. "Alright! I bet I'll get the
hang of this in a few minutes”
He paused for a moment “And that run back to camp? I'll race you there!"

Old May 18th, 2024, 07:07 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Kestrelpaw

Kestralpaw shivered as he paddled in the icy water, his paws flailing awkwardly. he took a deep breath and nodded .
"I can do it, Lynxshade!" he said, voice wavering slightly from the cold. He focused on her advice, kicking
his forelegs faster and adjusting his shoulders to smooth out his movements. He tilted his head upwards,
trying to keep it above the surface.

Kestralpaw's nodded dutifully as he listened to Lynxshade, the cold biting into his bones. "Alright! I bet I'll get the
hang of this in a few minutes”
He paused for a moment “And that run back to camp? I'll race you there!"

Lynxshade
Shadowclan Enforcer
33 moons | she/her

Shadow Fiend | Primal Instincts | Beefed Up (T3) | Bilingual (T3)
Lynxshade nodded satisfyingly, happy to know that Shadowclan had some apprentices really eager to learn and also good at it. "If you're done, we can go back." She, too, was on the point of starting to shiver from the cold. "A quick run and off to your den. Also, have something to eat that'll warm you up. Now, follow me!" She reared briefly on her hind legs before sprinting away, but before she could take speed she made sure the apprentice was following her. She, too, would enjoy a warm piece of prey as soon as they arrived.

no more posts needed, lesson finished!
Old May 18th, 2024, 10:56 AM
bork bork

Kestrelpaw

“Yeah, Lynxshade, I'm ready!" Kestralpaw replied eagerly, his paws splashing through the water as he pushed himself forward
and leapt onto the bank. He shook his fur, feeling it clinging to his frame, sending shivers through his body, Kestralpaw pushed past
the discomfort and raced after Lynxshade. keeping pace, despite the cold seeping into his bones, the thought of a warm piece of fresh-kill
kept him going.

Last edited by Hound; May 18th, 2024 at 11:03 AM.
Old May 19th, 2024, 04:14 PM
.·:*¨♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆☆≈¨*:·.

Bump Policy: 1 week unless its time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
@Snivellus @Luminous (Mind Reader and Silver Tongue both in use here!)
As he had....somewhat expected, the turnout was slim. It was only one apprentice, in fact, Pidgeonpaw, and a grumpy looking Rottenheart. Um....no thank you. Shrewstep was in too good of a mood to allow himself to be dragged down by this grouch, and so he immediately made what he hoped would be a successful ploy to get rid of the other warrior. The ewww read was kind of off of the charts here, like clear as day he could tell that this was a mind he did not want to see any more of. It wasn't like he even needed an assistant anyway, it was just them! So actually this was perfectly reasonable!

Thank you for the offer Rottenheart even the name was rather horrible but it seems like it's just me and Pidgeonpaw so I don't actually need any help! His voice was chipper, but invested with a bit of extra.....weight. A bit of force to it, to ensure that Rottenheart would be thoroughly convinced that he was unnecessary. Any attempt on his part to come along thereafter, Shrewstep decided, would be purely due to his own arrogance and/or nasty nature. With this said he turned on his hind paw and took off, headed for Icy Heartlands. (This would be set before the body was found at the Heartlands)

Pigeonpaw

The grey apprentice looked from Shrewstep, to Rotten-something-or-other, and back again. The other dude seemed... like kinda a bad vibe to be honest, but Pigeonpaw wasn't really focused on that, as long as she got to learn hunting! But apparently, Rotty wasn't coming with them. Oh well, no complaints came from Pidge as the chipper apprentice happily skipped after Shrewstep.

She was pretty sure that this place was te Icy Heartlands, right? Well it certainly fit the name with all the dead trees and.. where those cobwebs? Brrrr. Yeah Pigeonpaw would prefer to come back to camp spider-less.
Eh anyway, hunting was on the agenda! "So, " she mewed, hoping to face Shrewy, "I... well you see i haven't had proper hunting training yet sooo yeah just toss whatever knowledge you've got at me!" This, Pigeonpaw had decided, was gonna be exciting.

[For anyone else coming across this, the RP is taking place before the murder]

Plot finder

_______________ Tracker _______________
¨•┈꒰ა ♡⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ Springkit - Cowskip - Wyvern - Hawkcatcher - Pigeonpaw ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆ ♡ ໒꒱┈•¨

Purrks: Hawkcatcher has Mind Reader, Wyvern has Dreamwalker, Pigeonpaw has The Collector
Old May 20th, 2024, 01:22 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Honeybite sighs irritably when it becomes clear that her patrol mate in Finchpaw had not kept up with her. Well, at least Silkpaw had.
Said apprentice was keeping up with her quite diligently despite his pudgy, baby fat ridden body. His eyes were wide, and watery, as if he was in the verge of tears.
"Well, since it is just us, we'll get started. Crouch. I will fix your stance as needed."
The lilac point blinked a few times before obeying her command. It took him a few seconds to get into something that could even resemble a hunter's crouch. She snorted at the way his tail stuck up in the air, practically asking to give him away to any nearby prey.
"Lower your tail. No, do not let it drag against the ground either. Up a bit.... There you go. Bend your hind legs as well, your butt is liable to give you away as much as your tail.... Almost acceptable."
Silkpaw looked entirely uncomfortable and awkward with the angle his joints had bent to put his into a semi-crouch. Ugh, as old as he was and no one even gave his the basics?
What the hell had the Clan fallen to?
Whatever, that's what today's patrol would be fixing anyway.
"Walk forward. I want to know how silently you can step."
And the answer was.... Quite quickly and quietly despite the odd way he held himself.
Now, it wasn't the best, but considering that memere minutes ago he didn't know how to get into a hunters crouch at all, she'd say she's made quite the progress with the floppy eared softy.
"Good start. Even out the distribution of your weight and you're golden."
"Ma'am, my fur is grey."
"It's an expression. It means you are doing well."
"Oh."
She wanted to laugh, but focused instead in the hunt, and beckoned the apprentice closer. He followed without hesitation, or word and off the two went. Their prowl was not as quiet as Honeybite would have liked, but refining the child's hunting could be someone else's problem as long as they could bring something back home.

[ You can have Finch catch up around here ]
[ @Epiales ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.

Last edited by Abyssopelagic; May 20th, 2024 at 01:23 AM.
Old May 20th, 2024, 08:43 AM
death does not define us

Status: ★ umbrae et pulvis sumus ★ ★ PART RAT ★ ~ Forever known as ~MothDust~
Bump Policy: doesn't matter to me :)
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssopelagic View Post
Honeybite sighs irritably when it becomes clear that her patrol mate in Finchpaw had not kept up with her. Well, at least Silkpaw had.
Said apprentice was keeping up with her quite diligently despite his pudgy, baby fat ridden body. His eyes were wide, and watery, as if he was in the verge of tears.
"Well, since it is just us, we'll get started. Crouch. I will fix your stance as needed."
The lilac point blinked a few times before obeying her command. It took him a few seconds to get into something that could even resemble a hunter's crouch. She snorted at the way his tail stuck up in the air, practically asking to give him away to any nearby prey.
"Lower your tail. No, do not let it drag against the ground either. Up a bit.... There you go. Bend your hind legs as well, your butt is liable to give you away as much as your tail.... Almost acceptable."
Silkpaw looked entirely uncomfortable and awkward with the angle his joints had bent to put his into a semi-crouch. Ugh, as old as he was and no one even gave his the basics?
What the hell had the Clan fallen to?
Whatever, that's what today's patrol would be fixing anyway.
"Walk forward. I want to know how silently you can step."
And the answer was.... Quite quickly and quietly despite the odd way he held himself.
Now, it wasn't the best, but considering that memere minutes ago he didn't know how to get into a hunters crouch at all, she'd say she's made quite the progress with the floppy eared softy.
"Good start. Even out the distribution of your weight and you're golden."
"Ma'am, my fur is grey."
"It's an expression. It means you are doing well."
"Oh."
She wanted to laugh, but focused instead in the hunt, and beckoned the apprentice closer. He followed without hesitation, or word and off the two went. Their prowl was not as quiet as Honeybite would have liked, but refining the child's hunting could be someone else's problem as long as they could bring something back home.

[ You can have Finch catch up around here ]
[ @Epiales ]

Finchpaw
| cookie cat | it/he/they | ShC apprentice | 6 moons |

Finchpaw walked ahead of the warrior, keeping close still. He crouched and flicked his tail up, keeping his paws inward a bit, letting his nose fall downwards slightly, just like his mentor taught him. (D20: 16 | scented prey) He stepped quietly towards the smell of the prey, a little mouse. The mouse was nibbling on seeds it had found from the ground. Just his luck, he quietly stepped towards it, still keeping his tail out of the way. and... (D20: 18 | catch!) He pounced, catching it and finishing it off quickly. He proudly brought the prey back to the warrior on patrol with him, dropping his near them.

૮ ྀིྀིྀི₍ ⸝⸝•̥\./•̥⸝⸝ ₎ ྀིა Fawnheart<3 gifted me this fawn and threw flowers on my profile ❀ | TheRadioDemon gave headpats to all here ( T_T)\(^-^ ) | Ravenswings was here :> | Beanz is locked hostage here from Moths duck army | finley.exe is headbanging to mindless self indulgence :0 | Starphobia has showered stars upon everyone. Stars everywhere! | leopard. cats tramped the place... THEY HAVE COME AGAIN! | CrimsonOaks held up two gay cats here and the lion king theme song started. | Nyx's WCO soul is still here
Blaze left her art supplies here ☆♡♤◇♧○□
Art ShopFinder for all kitties
Old May 20th, 2024, 12:54 PM
You're stuck with me

My Mood: Hopeful

Success!! Rottenheart was gone, and while Shewstep had initially planned on running a battle training session, if Pidgeonpaw wanted hunting he wasn't going to refuse her. He wasn't sure how much prey they'd be able to find in the Icy Heartlands, but if nothing else they could run through the basic methods of hunting. Basic stalking, pouncing, scenting, that sort of thing. Which, speaking of. Alright, I'll start throwing knowledge! he mewed, smiling slightly. Pidgeonpaw's enthusiasm was enjoyable, and exciting.

The first thing you'll want to practice is the hunting crouch. Bend your front legs a bit he followed his own command, bowing his front limbs in order to lower the front half of his body and tuck your hind paws under your but a bit. Your tail should be low so it didn't wave about in the air and scare things but not so low it's dragging on the ground and creating noise. Again, Shrewstep obeyed his own words, keeping his tail at a medium level and stretching his front paws out in front of him as he tucked hind paws under his body. Now I want you to try. Get in your best attempt at this position and walk around in it. I'll let you know if anything is too off. he ordered, remaining crouched himself for the moment as a demo. @Luminous