Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Rescue Mission [p]

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty | Kitty Softpaws

Today was the day.

It was the perfect weather for the humans to crack open a window and enjoy a breeze.
The perfect weather to run the rescue mission he'd been fiending to do.

"Slytiger, Yellowtwist!"

The summoning was quick and simple. There was no time to waste. They had to do this during peak hours, or they'd lose their window. The two warriors had only gotten a hint at going on a mission, but no details aside from that as Hawkbite was working those out still. They were also told to stay quiet about it until the day of to keep nosey cats out of the way. There was no room for error here.

"Let's go," Hawkbite would signal for them to follow once the duo were close.

He assumed Dawnstar would be waiting, but he'd glance over in the direction she was. A signal that they were ready to leave. He wouldn't say a word so overhearing ears couldn't pry.

Once a decent way out into the territory, Hawkbite would finally speak. His voice was slightly hushed, not wanting to draw any attention from predators or other cats.

"We're retrieving Woollyfeather from the den the humans have kept her in. It's a simple plan. The humans have these clear entrances to their dens that they prop open. Too narrow a space to fit through and too hard for one cat to push fully open," Hawkbite described entrance. A haunting picture of Woolly's smashed toes came back to him. She was so desperate to get out, she caused harm to her paws that he wouldn't allow to happen again.

"Dawnstar, Slytiger," He addressed the couple, with a quick side glance. "You two are the strongest of us, you'll have to help Woolly push the clear entrance open. I'll try to help push too, but the entrance sits higher up than I'll be able to stretch once it starts opening. I'll be sure to grab Woolly and pull her out, if necessary," Hawkbite continued as he pictured the plan unfold in his head. He was aware of his height restrictions so he wouldn't try to play hero where he couldn't.

"Yellowtwist, I need you to stand guard nearby. The humans might hear us and we need to know if they come out. Hopefully we'll be quiet enough they won't be a problem. Be sure to keep an eye on any curious kittypets. The ones in this area shouldn't be a problem and there's no dogs around the den she's in, but be aware regardless," he gave the young warrior a side glance. Hopefully he didn't let his sharp tongue complain that he was on guard duty.

"The den she's in isn't too far outside the territory. We'll be there soon. Any questions? Things I might've missed?" Hawkbite was pretty confident in his plan. The only problem was Woollyfeather didn't know they were coming. However, he was certain she'd be at that window.

Woollyfeather was going to come home today.

@Undertaker - Dawnstar | @hades. - Yellowtwist | @Ian - Slytiger | @Abyssopelagic - Woollyfeather

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old May 13th, 2024, 11:04 AM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Default Re: Rescue Mission [p]

@SuspiciousMindz - Hawkbite | @Aolani - Yellowtwist | @Ian - Slytiger |

The Queen of Mean cocked her head as she watched Hawkbite round of two warriors, her mate and the young warrior, Yellowtwist. Dawnstar had yet to see whatever Hawkbite and the other Enforcers saw in Yellowtwist. At the moment he seemed more like a gnat in her pelt than anything else. At the signal to leave, Dawnstar got to her paws and padded behind Hawkbite silently.

He explained the game plan as they walked. So all she had to do was push open an entrance that was propped open? Dawnstar glanced at Slytiger after hearing he'd be working with her. "Wonderful, that means I'll be doing all the heavy lifting. Wouldn't want you to break a nail, Tigerflower." She taunted her mate to see if she could get a rise out of him. No matter how many times she threatened the guy with bodily harm, death, or outright ignored him he stuck around like a burr. It was both endearing and strange.

The leader's amber glare found Yellowtwist once he heard he'd be doing the easy work, a lookout. She was expecting to hear some backlash at the decision, he certainly enjoyed running his mouth. "All sounds good to me." She meowed after a moment's thought. The way Hawkbite explained it made this sound like it would be quick and easier.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder

Last edited by Undertaker; May 13th, 2024 at 11:05 AM.
Old May 13th, 2024, 03:57 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Lurking

He twitched his nose. Something was crawling on it. Yellowtwist lifted his paw and placed it down in another spot. He lifted his paw to reveal to himself a dead fly that had been crawling around on the scar over his nose. Served the fly right. Why did flies land on cats, anyway? He wasn't dead. In fact, he was quite the opposite at the moment. He had tons of energy that day, but of course, the day he wants to go on a patrol, he wasn't called on one.

He heard his name called from the clearing and jumped to his feet immediately and took off as if it was an instinct in the sense he didn't mean to, but he was itching to actually do something. Besides training Pigeonpaw. Anything besides that. He could take it at the moment, but he didn't want to. He'd literally rather spend an hour with Palesong.

Whatever Hawkbite was doing, it was apparently rushed, so he didn't bother asking what it was. Instead, he headed out of the exit to camp.

After the warriors had left, Hawkbite was finally telling them what they were doing. Yellowtwist was focused on nothing so much he didn't notice Dawnstar was with him. Huh, well Woollyface- No, Woollyfeather must've been someone valuable. Dawnstar's presence didn't phase Yellowtwist. Might've during a meeting, but now Dawnstar wasn't annoyed.

Alright, so he apparently wasn't going to be doing what he assumed would be the hardest part of the mission. He was okay with that. There would be other things to do.

Aw, man, he was guard. Yellowtwist caught the looks he got. He looked back at Hawkbite for a moment, then turned to Dawnstar to stare back. He was certain they thought he would complain. There wasn't a glare, just a 'I'm not dumb.' He had already almost said something about it, and then he thought. If it was too hard for a single average cat to push open, Yellowtwist would do literally nothing. He wasn't strong, and there wasn't any way to get around it, like in battle. Welp, that was disappointing that he couldn't use his energy. Not as disappointing as the commander and the leader both staring at him like he was going to say something completely unnecessary. Thanks for thinking so highly of me. he thought.

"Makes sense to me." He meowed after Dawnstar. He was ready to go.
[ @SuspiciousMindz @Undertaker @Ian ]

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3

Last edited by Aolani; May 17th, 2024 at 01:05 PM.
Old May 17th, 2024, 11:20 PM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

Slytiger's ears perked as he heard Hawkbite call his name alongside Yellowtwist. He stood, taking a moment lower himself into a stretch before he approached the Commander with a nod in greeting. He presumed that they were finally going to get the details of this secret mission, and he automatically fell in step beside Dawnstar as Hawkbite led them out of camp.

The plan was well thought out, and the details about the clear, propped open twoleg thing brought back vague memories of his kithood, but nothing concrete. He had left the life of a kittypet behind at eight moons and honestly didn't remember much from those times. Certainly not enough for him to add anything to the plan. Instead, Slytiger turned to his mate with an over-exaggerated huff at her words. "I mean, it would be a shame if I broke one, but you're much to pretty and important to get your paws dirty, so really I'll be doing all the hard work," he teased right back with a grin. He was totally going to mysteriously disappear from the Clan in the next few days never to be seen again because Dawnstar would hide his body so well, but it was worth it!

"I don't have anything to add the plan, but if the twolegs put a collar on Woollyfeather we'll have to keep an eye out to make sure it doesn't get snagged on anything." That could end badly in many different ways, but as long as they were aware of it (assuming she even had one) it wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

@Undertaker @SuspiciousMindz @Aolani