Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Thunderglade
by BEAR.
Last post by CloudlessEve
Today 12:27 PM
Mosskins for the...
by ellie
Last post by sillycreatur
Today 12:24 PM
finder for my new (and...
by ophelia
Last post by sillycreatur
Today 12:23 PM
come one, come all [RC...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:17 PM
Raptor Hunting
Last post by gs29513
Today 12:12 PM

Old May 7th, 2024, 08:04 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: A Summer’s Day Full of Oranges and Berries! [P]

Orangeblossom
| He/him | TC warrior | Moons: 19 | No purrks |

Orangeblossom gave a soft, fond laugh as the apprentice excitedly asked about fishing and battling and sadly the warrior was going to have to decline the fishing portion. Orangeblossom himself didn’t know how to fish, or well, he didn’t know how to do it well. The couple of times that he tried his paw at it he was winging it with varying success and usually ended up with less prey than he would’ve if he went land hunting. So he could maybe find someone who did know how to actually fish to teach Berrypaw if she was that curious about it. “I don’t actually know how to fish very well, but I can look for someone who can teach you! How about we do regular hunting or battling instead?

Maybe battling would be better to focus on first given everything with the other clans, the maybe upcoming Riverclan fight, and also predators. Those were ever present in their territory for some reason. Regardless of training, Berrypaw wasn’t going to be fighting anyone until she was much older, maybe at 8 moons. 7 and a half if really pushing it. She was just too small, it would be so easy to hurt her even if she was fully trained which she most certainly wasn’t. “We could start with battling, but you won’t be getting in any fights for a couple moons still if I have any say in it! No worries though, there’s always another fight.” Something that Orangeblossom has learned, having had to sit out on the first couple fights of his own apprenticeship, but there was always something else, a clan, another predator. There was always another fight, there should be less around. “I had to sit out a couple of fights when I was young.
[ @Mizu - Berrypaw ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
Old May 7th, 2024, 08:16 PM
Welp I'm air not water

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Orangeblossom

Orangeblossom gave a soft, fond laugh as the apprentice excitedly asked about fishing and battling and sadly the warrior was going to have to decline the fishing portion. Orangeblossom himself didn’t know how to fish, or well, he didn’t know how to do it well. The couple of times that he tried his paw at it he was winging it with varying success and usually ended up with less prey than he would’ve if he went land hunting. So he could maybe find someone who did know how to actually fish to teach Berrypaw if she was that curious about it. “I don’t actually know how to fish very well, but I can look for someone who can teach you! How about we do regular hunting or battling instead?

Maybe battling would be better to focus on first given everything with the other clans, the maybe upcoming Riverclan fight, and also predators. Those were ever present in their territory for some reason. Regardless of training, Berrypaw wasn’t going to be fighting anyone until she was much older, maybe at 8 moons. 7 and a half if really pushing it. She was just too small, it would be so easy to hurt her even if she was fully trained which she most certainly wasn’t. “We could start with battling, but you won’t be getting in any fights for a couple moons still if I have any say in it! No worries though, there’s always another fight.” Something that Orangeblossom has learned, having had to sit out on the first couple fights of his own apprenticeship, but there was always something else, a clan, another predator. There was always another fight, there should be less around. “I had to sit out a couple of fights when I was young.
[ @Mizu - Berrypaw ]
Berrypaw, was, at first, disappointed that she wouldn't learn to fish. But she perked up at learning that she would battle train! Too bad she wouldn't fight right away. She was sure she'd win a bunch of times, and be great at it! "Ooh, what will we start with first?" The apprentice asked excitedly. She was secretly hoping to sneak into a battle then fight, just to prove that she could. But, of course, she would first have to learn a few moves! She wondered how Whitepaw was doing. Where was he, even? How hard was it for the deaf apprentice to train? Perhaps another time, she'd ask Orangeblossom if she could learn to talk to deaf cats. Then that could help with the Whitepaw thing! And who would she ask about fishing? She really wanted to learn to fish. She was certain that she could feed the whole clan on fish, she would be so good! She would be so good at everything, the Bumblestar would make her a warrior earlier. Berrypaw could just picture it in her head. She looked in the distance, at nothing in particular, her eyes taking on a far-away look. She was clearly daydreaming, and deep into it at that.
Old May 10th, 2024, 07:35 PM
Your Local Spider

Orangeblossom

At first his apprentice seemed to be very excited to learn and then she seemed to get a faraway look in her eyes and Orangeblossom got a bit concerned at the sudden switch in attitude and hoped that it wasn't about the battling warning or fishing thing. Hopefully not. there was always another battle, like he thought earlier, she was too small to partake against full grown warriors and predators. Though with Riverclan what was the difference between a badger and one of theirs when it came to the code and having honor. None, that's what. It terrifies him, the thought that his apprentice or any cat of his clan was facing such cats. But he shook himself out of his thoughts and decided that having some basics would be good in case something unfortunate happens and then they could pause and head back to camp and head out for something different tomorrow. Like hunting or tree climbing.

"Let's do some battling basics and we'll double by learning a hunting crouch as well! First things first," The ginger tom dropped down into a hunter's crouch. Low to the ground, legs bent and ready to pounce, ears flattened, and his body weight was even across all of his paws, "This here is a hunting crouch. You need to keep your weight even across your paws, and keep yourself low to the floor so you can control your paws as you step through the undergrowth towards your prey. Though we'll be going into more detail when we go hunting, for now, we'll be going into a average battling stance which is pretty similar!" The warrior lifted himself up and widen his paws underneath him to be more in line with his shoulders and then continued to speak, "See pretty similar. In a battling stance you want to keep your paws wider so you can't get bowled over as easily, and you don't want to be super low to the ground otherwise it'll hinder some of your movements. Can you try?" The warrior asked with a smile and a tilt of his head.
[ @Mizu - Berrypaw ]

[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
Old May 10th, 2024, 08:00 PM
Welp I'm air not water

Quote:

Orangeblossom

At first his apprentice seemed to be very excited to learn and then she seemed to get a faraway look in her eyes and Orangeblossom got a bit concerned at the sudden switch in attitude and hoped that it wasn't about the battling warning or fishing thing. Hopefully not. there was always another battle, like he thought earlier, she was too small to partake against full grown warriors and predators. Though with Riverclan what was the difference between a badger and one of theirs when it came to the code and having honor. None, that's what. It terrifies him, the thought that his apprentice or any cat of his clan was facing such cats. But he shook himself out of his thoughts and decided that having some basics would be good in case something unfortunate happens and then they could pause and head back to camp and head out for something different tomorrow. Like hunting or tree climbing.

"Let's do some battling basics and we'll double by learning a hunting crouch as well! First things first," The ginger tom dropped down into a hunter's crouch. Low to the ground, legs bent and ready to pounce, ears flattened, and his body weight was even across all of his paws, "This here is a hunting crouch. You need to keep your weight even across your paws, and keep yourself low to the floor so you can control your paws as you step through the undergrowth towards your prey. Though we'll be going into more detail when we go hunting, for now, we'll be going into a average battling stance which is pretty similar!" The warrior lifted himself up and widen his paws underneath him to be more in line with his shoulders and then continued to speak, "See pretty similar. In a battling stance you want to keep your paws wider so you can't get bowled over as easily, and you don't want to be super low to the ground otherwise it'll hinder some of your movements. Can you try?" The warrior asked with a smile and a tilt of his head.
[ @Mizu - Berrypaw ]
Berrypaw snapped to attention, then attempted to mimic what her mentor was doing. Her tail, however, was swishing. She was finally learinging something! "Like this?" She asked. Her balance was off because she legs where too far back, but Berrypaw didn't notice that.
Old May 12th, 2024, 11:54 PM
Your Local Spider

Orangeblossom

Orangeblossom watched and lifted from the stance he was showing off and looked over his apprentice's mimicry which was pretty good for his first time. The warrior padded around in a loop to get a glance at the stance fully before offering some feedback. He made sure to keep his tone light and offer a smile as he spoke, "Super good! Though your back paws need to be forward a bit more so that you have better balance, it should be slightly behind your hips if that makes and also!" he came in front of Berrypaw as he continued to explain some battling things and stuff, "So how about we go over some places that you want to aim for in a fight and on the flip side what you need to protect the most. To start with, your tail, I umm, don't have much experience but I've seen others tuck it around your back leg so that your foes can't grab and pull." He started to explain and used one of his paws to point to his apprentice's swishing tail. He gave the apprentice time to adjust to the new information before continuing.
[ @Mizu - Berrypaw ]

Old May 13th, 2024, 07:52 PM
Welp I'm air not water

Quote:

Orangeblossom

Orangeblossom watched and lifted from the stance he was showing off and looked over his apprentice's mimicry which was pretty good for his first time. The warrior padded around in a loop to get a glance at the stance fully before offering some feedback. He made sure to keep his tone light and offer a smile as he spoke, "Super good! Though your back paws need to be forward a bit more so that you have better balance, it should be slightly behind your hips if that makes and also!" he came in front of Berrypaw as he continued to explain some battling things and stuff, "So how about we go over some places that you want to aim for in a fight and on the flip side what you need to protect the most. To start with, your tail, I umm, don't have much experience but I've seen others tuck it around your back leg so that your foes can't grab and pull." He started to explain and used one of his paws to point to his apprentice's swishing tail. He gave the apprentice time to adjust to the new information before continuing.
[ @Mizu - Berrypaw ]
Berrypaw adjusted her stance. "Better?" Her tail was tucked in now, and her hind paws where in the right spot. "And what next?" She bounced up from her position and looked at her mentor expectantly.