Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Daragca's Animated Pixel...
by Daragca
Last post by Rose
Today 08:03 AM
ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by sillycreatur
Today 07:51 AM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Weekend-Wondering
Today 07:42 AM
It all falls down [SHC...
Last post by gs29513
Today 07:35 AM
(- Sunsetpaw's Training -)
Last post by MockingRabbit
Today 07:25 AM

Old March 26th, 2024, 02:19 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default ‘Second Impressions and Rocky Waters’ [P]

I’ll likely change the name because I don’t like it but I also want to have this up sooo place holder-ish for now.

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Warrior | Moons: 16 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze sighed as he peered into the open skies, the clouds were dotted with plenty of wide blue sky in between each spot, a mark that sure enough new-leaf was arriving and done was the bitter coldness of leaf bare. What should he do? He has been on his paws constantly lately and while he was starting to wear down he didn’t want to stop yet. Not so soon after the raid. Patrols needed to be done and with this mess of a clan there were not as many warriors that actually behaved and took care of their responsibilities as they should. He didn’t want to speak bad about his own clan mates, they meant a lot to him just as Riverclan but sometimes…The warrior looked away from the sky and instead peered around camp. Then to the fresh kill pile, taking a note of the lack of fish that was apparent and he felt a smidge of disappointment enter his chest, he preferred any sort of aquatic meal over anything land or sky/ Call him stereotypical; he didn't care. Though right after his eyes landed on Minkpaw. Who was…an interesting character.

The warrior fully respected the apprentice as she was smart and kind and most importantly did her job and more around camp, at least from what he had seen of the molly. Their only interaction so far has been the herb patrol from just a few days ago, where Seabreeze had fumbled his first impression greatly. Minkpaw was probably around his age to be honest, now that he was thinking about it, which was off. Why was she still an apprentice? Surely, his memory wasn’t so fuzzy that he was misremembering basic information about his clan mates. Maybe she was behind like he was, after all he has been a warrior for only about a moon now. (His mind supplied him with the fact that he earned his name at 15 moons, extremely late, perhaps she is in a similar situation?) Maybe she needed help with training? Seabreeze could help…just needed to get up and offer. The tom stayed planted on bi-colored paws…yeah, but what if she thought he was like- assuming she wasn’t a very good apprentice..or something? Maybe he shouldn’t go up to her at all. The warrior watched the apprentice for a few moments more before the half intelligible whispers of encouragement that he remembers from Cloverpaw came to mind. With a sigh he gathered his paws under him and walked up to the apprentice nervously.

Minkpaw!...h-hi, I was just ummm, wondering if you need any help with..your training? Not to say I think you need any! I just figured I would offer because…” Seabreeze trailed off awkwardly and just gave a sheepish smile, not sure how to really continue in his words. Something about the apprentice made him really nervous. Maybe it was because he was worried about ruining his second impression which…he kind of was. Refusing to make eye contact, Seabreeze waited, shuffling his bi-colored paws as his anxiety welled in his chest.
[ @alec - Minkpaw ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
Old May 4th, 2024, 04:04 PM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive

Default Re: ‘Second Impressions and Rocky Waters’ [P]

minkpaw turned to look at the cat that had spoken to her, silver eyes falling on a warrior she was pretty unfamiliar with and didnt particularly like. he was doing his job, probably, but after their experience with him she couldnt help but be a bit irritated by his pushover nature. her memory has hazy, why should she try to remember this anyway, but the important bits, him asking her if she wanted to stick with him and then stumbling over his own words after she -admittedly less than politely- declined (if one could even call it simply 'declining').
however, trying to get her training sorted had been an issue and they couldnt turn down a perfectly fine opportunity, even if that meant taking the fall and accepting the place in a rank below his. riverclan had been, to absolutely no ones surprise, slacking when it comes to training and minkpaw was sick of being stuck in the apprentice rank, trying to get a warrior to teach her anything.
"i could use a swimming lesson. havent gotten around to it in a while" she replied, offering a little more information that she really wanted to give out, but pushed by the burning discomfort of having to take his help. just to give a reason. just to save some of her pride. give an excuse as to why she needed his help. he wasnt old enough to know of her past, he had been an apprentice alongside her for a period of time so he wouldve been too small. the memory of her seemingly endless illness was something she could expect him to know however, it wouldve been awfully hard to miss a den mate continuously disappearing into the medicine den and not training alongside them.

( @Dolomedes / minkpaws opinions do not align with my own <3 )

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements

Last edited by alec; May 4th, 2024 at 04:05 PM.
Old May 7th, 2024, 08:23 PM
Your Local Spider

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Warrior | Moons: 16 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |

Well at least she wasn't throwing his offer back into his face like she had at the patrol, but he could tell she really wasn't happy about this and it made him wonder why she had even accepted in the first place. Though he offered and Minkpaw had accepted so he was stuck trying to help her learn to swim, but uhhh, he wasn't expecting swimming because that was like one of the first things that he had learned. After a territory tour and then after swimming it was fishing and then everything fell apart but that doesn't matter right now. Overall, just a bit surprised that they would be swimming but it was honestly a gift because swimming was the only thing that Seabreeze was good at. After a probably too long moment, the warrior gave a shaky nod of his head and turned his gaze away from the apprentice nervously, "R-right, that sounds, uh, good. Swimming...uhm, we could go to Haven Springs, do you have basics or do you need an advanced lesson, because if you have basics we should actually go to the river instead.'
[ @alec - Minkpaw || Keepin' it short as my training posts tend to be hope you don't mind ]

[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
Old May 8th, 2024, 03:33 AM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Seabreeze

Well at least she wasn't throwing his offer back into his face like she had at the patrol, but he could tell she really wasn't happy about this and it made him wonder why she had even accepted in the first place. Though he offered and Minkpaw had accepted so he was stuck trying to help her learn to swim, but uhhh, he wasn't expecting swimming because that was like one of the first things that he had learned. After a territory tour and then after swimming it was fishing and then everything fell apart but that doesn't matter right now. Overall, just a bit surprised that they would be swimming but it was honestly a gift because swimming was the only thing that Seabreeze was good at. After a probably too long moment, the warrior gave a shaky nod of his head and turned his gaze away from the apprentice nervously, "R-right, that sounds, uh, good. Swimming...uhm, we could go to Haven Springs, do you have basics or do you need an advanced lesson, because if you have basics we should actually go to the river instead.'
[ @alec - Minkpaw || Keepin' it short as my training posts tend to be hope you don't mind ]

[short training posts are perfect dont worry]

another thing minkpaw didnt want to admit but so very obviously would have to, her actual knowledge regarding swimming. sure she'd had her kit lesson and sure she'd been out with her first or so mentor to practice but when it came down to life or death she would not trust herself to be able to swim. especially the rapids few of the waters around the territory would turn into made her nervous. a riverclan cat afraid of drowning for stars sake.
"i'd like to start with the basics if youre good with it" she replies, repressing the need to overly explain her decision to safe face. even so, she knew of her perfectionistic streak so it wasnt even odd of her to revisit training she had already done for no reason.

━━━━━━━━

Last edited by alec; May 8th, 2024 at 03:33 AM.
Old May 9th, 2024, 01:32 PM
Your Local Spider

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 18 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |

Seabreeze nodded as he trotted through the clearing and into the clan’s territory. Basics were nice, Seabreeze could teach that relatively smoothly he thinks. Maybe. Who knows. Seabreeze wasn’t really a teacher, wasn’t much of anything to be honest but he needs to pull through and prove that he isn’t as entirely worthless as he thinks he is. To himself and to Minkpaw, who obviously isn’t very pleased that it was him who she was learning with. He led the way through the terrain and finally they came upon the hot springs of Heaven Springs. The best spot they had access to right now, given Cattail Pond’s situation. Well uh, teaching, teaching… he can do that. Teaching. Seabreeze just open your maw and talk already! Geeze! His blue eyes landed on the springs and he padded towards one to look into its depths, “W-well, uhh, it's pretty simple… but you umm, it's hard to really explain, you learn more from practice than like…lectures, y-you know? You use your front paws, to turn and to keep your head above water, then your back legs for speed and strength. While d-diving, you use your front paws to feel around you to make sure you don’t bump into anything, but-uhh we don’t have to do, um, diving today…” Seabreeze offered, completely unsure of himself as he tried to explain swimming and what should be focused on. It was much easier just doing it rather than explaining it so he fell into the water gracefully with practiced ease and did a few laps around the spring. Making sure to keep his movements dramatic to show off how he was moving more. Then after looping on more time, he pulled himself out of the water and motioned for Minkpaw to try with a paw. “[B]You can try, I’ll be here to help if you need, but I…uhh, am more than sure you’ll get it.
[ @alec - Minkpaw ]

Old May 9th, 2024, 05:38 PM
revenge is a fools game

@Dolomedes
/
minkpaw followed the tom out into the territory, taking the time in silence to once again rethink her choices and once again end up with the same conclusion; this was her best bet. as the grass and earth turned rocky and damp beneath her paws she lifted her gaze, heaven springs, at least this would be pleasantly warm despite the sharp cool of very early new leaf. "ive had a swimming lesson before, so i'd like to try diving later as well."
she watched seabreeze slide into the water and swim a few rounds, movement more flashy than it probably had to be, before returning to where minkpaw was still seated, though now considerably less fluffy. at the suggestion she just hummed and took a brief moment to try and gather the confidence she had somehow scattered around her mind, before slipping into the water as well. as seconds stretched and she just remained still, paddling with all four legs to stay afloat the idea of diving to find out how deep this really was flashed in her mind and almost got a humoured smile out of her. it was awkward to just stay still while adjusting, seabreazes eyes presumably following her every move. it made her skin crawl, and after a time shorter than she wouldve liked she felt pressured enough to finally try actual swimming. it wasnt very pretty, she was sure of that, expectedly rusty skills slowly but surely returning to her and in a way this was no different than walking. so practiced and normal that there was no need to put a lot of thought into it.

━━━━━━━━
Old May 12th, 2024, 01:53 AM
Your Local Spider

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 18 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |

Seabreeze watched as the apprentice entered the water and continued through the waves easily enough. Not as smooth as Seabreeze had been but the warrior has always spent more time practicing his swimming than anything else so it was only natural. It helped that swimming and fishing came more naturally to him than anything else, which...everything else was extremely hard for him and he wasn't really good at anything. Umm small victories, he guesses? Anyways, training, right, teaching. That wasn't standing and staring awkwardly off to the side that meant being social and like explaining things that he hardly understood in his own head. Why were words so difficult for him? Anyways, after letting Minkpaw go about it for a bit he stepped back into the water himself. "Like I said before, swimming is really just basic and then practice. Though for some pointers that work for me, I like to cup my paws and spread out my toebeans a bit, so that the webbing between them catches the water a bit more. Some cats have more webbing than others." He explained as he pushed a paw from the water to show off the cup-like position he held them in. After this he was basically out of swimming tips for still bodies of water but oh! "In still water like this you don't really have to worry about it but uhhh, some things to know about the river. Well for one, the current, always go with the current rather than against it if you can help it. For example, if you find yourself being swept away, keep your breathing as calm as possible, and swim with the current at an angle towards the bank. Sure it may not feel as fast but it saves energy." He explained almost a bit absentmindedly as he focused on swimming through the hot spring. Then he was pulling himself from the water again. There was more to river safety but that was a good first thing to know.
[ @alec - Minkpaw ]

Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM
revenge is a fools game

minkpaw continued vaguely paddling in circles, seabreeze had joined her after a while and began explaining again, cupped paws spread toes whatever. always go with the current rather than against it, well at least he was explaining something useful now, she wasnt planning on getting swept aaway any time soon but honestly even without this instruction she couldve come to the conclusion of 'dont swim against the water, swim with it while swimming to the side' who in their right mind would try to swim upstreams.
"alright" she confirmed, watching the tom pull himself out of the water. she briefly considered following along but decided to continue swimming in circles for now.

[ @Dolomedes somehow short training posts turned out not so short, lemme change that]

━━━━━━━━

Last edited by alec; Yesterday at 02:43 PM.