Last post by Estelle
Today 08:53 PM

Old May 10th, 2024, 08:05 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Shadowclan Medicine Cat Apprentice Applications

best of luck!! can't wait to sift through all the good applications

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old May 10th, 2024, 08:40 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours. busy during weekdays until 4 p.m. EST
My Mood: Angelic

brownpaw's dream

brownpaw fought to keep her heavy eyes open once she settled down in bed, mind sticky and slow like dripping honey from the long day of training. her body felt sore from taking a few, little tumbles, though it was nothing unusual to brownpaw... she tended to lose her balance when practicing pounces. it felt like her paws got all switched around. she'd get better, though- if you don't succeed, try again. brownpaw just needed to keep trying. again, and again...

a small yawn escaped her, brownpaw curling up into herself until she was nothing more than an oversized dust bunny. she felt so sleepy... but once brownpaw woke up, she could feel the sunlight on her face and the spring breeze in her fur, say good morning to all of her clanmates, and maybe even train with her mentor.

a little smile peeked through her paws. brownpaw couldn't wait for tomorrow...

the warm kiss of the sun on her pelt, like the gentle tongue of a queen grooming through her unruly curls. the apprentice’s eyes blinked open, feeling warm and relaxed, like she had just spent hours sunbathing. her nose twitched as she felt a ticklish sensation— there was a bumblebee on her!

“ah… i’m not a flower, little bee,” brownpaw huffed in amusement. gently, she shooed the bumblebee away with her paw, watching the fuzzy creature slowly take flight and drift away with the breeze. there’d be more nectar to eat over there. now, just where was she…?

brownpaw stood up on legs that felt as light as the wind, no more exhaustion weighing her down. all around her was a meadow full of herbs and animals and flowers, all of them swaying in time with the cool breeze. it was so beautiful here…

making her own winding path through the field, careful not to step on any of the young, growing life, brownpaw took in everything around her with wonder. there were the littlest saplings and the biggest, oldest trees, all of them precious in their own special way. she wondered what around her could be used to heal, maybe something lostspark or mossfreckle might want to collect?

continuing on her journey, brownpaw soon stumbled across a small stream, flowing with quietly gurgling water. looking down into the water and at her reflection, instead of seeing her face mirrored back, a vision of a smaller brownpaw clouded the stream.

under the soft light of the moon and stars, brownkit was gently prodding a bigger apprentice with her paw, none other then a younger version of grousepaw. with wide and curious, yet worried eyes, she beckoned the apprentice to lean down so she could examine his ear. it was bleeding! beginning to fret, she looked around for any queen or medicine cat to help him, but nobody else was awake. even if grousepaw insisted he was fine, she couldn't let one of her clanmates go to sleep hurting... brownkit would just have to help grousepaw, all by herself!

somehow, brownkit managed to find some cobwebs behind one of the dens. by mimicking what she saw the medicine cats do, she was able to wrap the webs around grousepaw's ear, stopping the bleeding. the small kit chided grousepaw for getting into a fight with another apprentice, and told him with a huff to visit the medicine den first thing in the morning. after making sure he was all taken care of, brownkit toddled back to her nest and fell asleep right away, feeling quite tired from all that hard work.

brownpaw couldn't help but grin, amused from remembering how determined she felt to help grousepaw. she'd do it again in a heartbeat, but it was a little suprising he didn't just shoo her away... though brownpaw knew she wouldn't have let that stop her. now that she was older, she'd remember to ask for permission first, before trying to clumsily dress one of her clanmate's wounds.

WIP (come back later )

pp permissions granted for all characters mentioned!
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; May 19th, 2024 at 06:56 PM.
Old May 10th, 2024, 08:49 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Queenly

BubbleBunny
BubbleKit, BubblePaw

16 Moons | They/It | Unlabeled

ShadowClan Warrior

___

@/ellie

___

How does Hamilton, the short-tempered
Protean creator of the Coast Guard
Founder of the New York Post

___

Who.. am I?

I'm.. BubbleBunny. I think. I was.. gone for a while.

I think I did this last time.. Who was looking for an apprentice then? Was it.. LarkFire? Or- wait.. They go by something else now, don't they? LostSpark, isn't it?

Yeah.. That seems right. Let me try again.

I'm BubbleBunny. I'm 16 moons old and I use They/It pronouns.
I've always been intrested in flowers, but other than that.. fighting makes me feel a little sick. I can barely kill my own prey. I know that's stupid..

Ardently abuse his cab'net post
Destroy his reputation?
Welcome, folks to The Adams Administration!

___

Why.. Why am I here?

LostSpark is stepping down? Hm.. Well.. Good for them. A break is always deserved. But.. Why? Why would they do that and go back to a life of bloodshed and murder? Isn't that weird?.. I mean.. Going from a life of healing back to a life of injury?

Sorry- I shouldnt have said that. That was rude.. I let the voice in my head get out.

Jefferson's the runner-up
Which makes him the Vice President
Washington can't help you now
No more mister nice President

___

What do I know?

I only know the basic herbs.. like.. Poppy Seeds. Those help you sleep, right? And of course cobwebs. Those stop bleeding. I've seen enough warriors with cobwebs on their wounds in my lifetime.

But.. I don't know much else.. I'll try my best to learn. Maybe I'll learn more before I get into the den.

Adams fires Hamilton
Privately calls him, "*Tail licker" in his taunts
Say what
Hamilton publishes his response

___

Do I really act like that?

'You mouse-brain! Why don't you listen?'

'Stars dammit, why are you doing that!'

'No- Not like that! Y'know what.. Just let me do it.'

'Fox-Dung! You bee-brain!'

*Edited from the original to be WCO friendly

MossRoot is RootClan's current Leader
Old May 10th, 2024, 09:07 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive

goodluck everyone!

✆ you're a local detective in shadowclan, known for your case solving skills. as you near your retirement after endless moons of working, you choose a predecessor. you've chosen a meek apprentice named squirrelpaw. you've received another case — now's squirrelpaw's chance to prove she can be the next detective!

open case file : FINALITY? (yes) / no

[U]LOADING . . . FINALITY.EXE
. . .
LOADING COMPLETED.

CASE FILE NO. #75
unsolved

EVIDENCE

WIP
possible placeholder

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days

Last edited by furrensic; May 14th, 2024 at 07:49 PM.
Old May 10th, 2024, 09:09 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

•••
“I can't see enough I can't feel enough
I can't do enough in one day
I'm gonna use it baby I'm gonna lose it baby
I don't care what you say“

•••

BITTERNPAW MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE APPLICATION

•••

CHAPTER 1:

Please follow this link to play a quick game get to know Bitternpaw! Feel free to keep track of your points!
Additionally, his training tracker can be found here for what he's currently finished!

CHAPTER 2:

Bitter tears never truly dry.
If they do, the pain will be forgotten.
Then all that suffering would be for what?
That’s right, nothing.
Even if it hurts more than anything else.
Right now, those tears are still wet against his face.
Never fated to dry, they fuel his drive.
Push him forward toward a new day,
And force him to keep going.
What else is he to do?

•••

Writing example 1.
Writing example 2.
Writing example 3.
Writing example 4

CHAPTER 3:

Comic drawn by me can be found here!

EPILOGUE:

Heyo! Mitts here! I just wanted to say a few things about myself at the end here.
- I currently have all day, every day to devote to the position! I’m currently unemployed and very hyper fixated on battle cats so I would be extremely active!
- I have experience both being a MCA and an HR! I know how the site functions, know how to keep track of training, know how to send out patrols, and most importantly know a good deal about the herbs and healing process from past experience!
- I have been writing for many years and take it very seriously! Writing, to me, is a form of expression as well as a hobby so it’s very dear to my heart. <3
- I do use discord often so it is very easy to reach me!
- Communication is very important to me! I love making lists, as well as docs, to keep track of things and staying connected, so I would put a lot of emphasis on working together and making decisions as a team.

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !

Last edited by silver.; May 11th, 2024 at 05:02 PM.
Old May 10th, 2024, 09:25 PM
it's not a phase

Bump Policy: please do it like every 24ish hours, or earlier idrm

silverpaw
a blue lynx point with low white spotting and blue eyes

wip

wip

wip

wip

Why Should Silverpaw Be MCA?

Let's have Silverpaw talk first, alright?

"Well, I want to become the medicine cat because I've always looked up to Mossfreckle. And herbs just calm me, you know? Don't get me wrong, I like fighting as much as the next cat, but it would feel better to heal claw scratches instead of cause them. All the things that could happen in the heat of a battle... you could kill a friend, kill a foe. In the thick of battle, anything could happen. The air is so smothered with the taste of blood, you can't scent who's in what clan. It's all a flurry of claws, teeth, and fur. Why would you choose violence over peace?" Silverpaw flicks his tail, clearly he's annoyed.

Now for why I think Silverpaw should be MCA.

I've been a member of WCO since 2021, and while I have been through some rough patches and stretches of inactivity, I can say I am firmly on my feet and plan to stay on WCO for as long as possible. I have always wanted to be an HR, and while I would love to be a deputy or even a leader, I feel that my characters IC would not be good leaders. But being a Medicine Cat or Medicine Cat Apprentice has always been right for me. My cats are either hotheaded or calm, and I believe that the latter is more of my characters. I create my characters with a secret recipe method to make them have real personalities. And I think the balance of flaws and positive traits makes my characters interesting to roleplay with. I hope that in other people's eyes they like my characters too.

What Does He Know?
So as of now he knows... nothing. Will update as he learns.

Why Does He Think He Should Be MCA?

"I like herbs. They have so many uses that I have yet to explore, and I want to learn about them. They can save cats, and make them feel better! And if I know all their uses, I can find them when I'm out on patrol and save cats who are injured and can't get to a medicine cat. And if there are poisonous herbs, I can teach cats what they do so that no cats will get hurt."

Interview Time!

WIP

About The Roleplayer

Hey! It's glitch! I've been on the site since 2021, but I took a hiatus from 2022 to Febuary of this year. I've always wanted to be a high rank and I look up to them a lot. I've applied for the RiverClan MCA, and possibly others, but I am confident I can handle the role. I will dedicate at least 15 hours to the role per week, since I roleplay during and after school. I believe that my posts are long for someone who has trouble writing very long posts and that I put a lot of effort into my characters.

Am I Fit For The Role?
I believe that I'm fit for the role. I can dedicate at least 15 hours into the role as stated earlier, and I have OOC knowledge of herbs. I write pretty long posts in my eyes, and I always stay active with my characters that I love, and I already feel attached to them, including Silverpaw.

Outro

Thank you so much for reading. I plan on Silverpaw being a very active member of ShadowClan and helping out, Medicine Cat Apprentice or not. While I may not have Discord, I am very easy to reach through VM's and PM's. Please contact me if you need anything because no notifs makes me sad I want to make sure that I'm always up to date with what's happening in the Clan and on WCO in general.

leopard. trampled this place with cats | Rat(e)piales launches rats onto this sig

Character Creator! (read the description please, i just made a new version of someone else's game that had limited color options. it is their art, not mine!)

Last edited by glitch; May 12th, 2024 at 01:26 PM.
Old May 10th, 2024, 09:29 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

"name one hero who was happy"
"..."
"you can't"
"i can't"
"i know! they never let you be famous and happy"

Purpose. What is she without a purpose? Who is she? Cinderpaw isn’t sure, but she yearns for something greater than herself - to be something more than she is. To have a… purpose. If she cannot have the love of her family, then this will have to be enough. A substitution. A cork to stop the anger and the bitterness. Ander and bitterness are not emotions Cinderpaw likes to feel in herself. It’s a gross, squirming feeling that she cannot understand and does not know what to do with. She needs routine, she needs stability, and her life has been anything but stable - she’s been handed love and it’s been seemingly taken away from her. She has been forced to mend something that was never broken. She has been forced to make a choice or to be ripped away from something she thought she loved. She still loves. She has not let go of that love. She will not let go of that love. If it is not given to her, she will settle for manufacturing it for herself. She will heal in others what she cannot heal in herself.

Useful. She wants to be useful in any way that she can. If that’s by fighting or by healing, well, she’ll take what she can get. Herbs have never been something Cinderpaw saw as very interesting, they were simply what her mother and Mossy worked with. She barely even knew what most of them looked like. But the job of an herbalist is important to the clan. And Cinderpaw wants to be important. She wants to be needed. It is not a noble wish. It is cowardly. She does not believe herself capable of fighting in her condition, she thinks of herself as less than an invalid. Worse than a kit. Much of this isn’t true, in fact all of it isn’t true, really, but Cinderpaw does not know this, too wrapped up in her own shame and self doubt to understand as much. Growth for the sake of growth is not what she needs. Knowledge for the sake of knowledge is not what she wants. She doesn’t even particularly want to heal, squeamish at the sight of blood, and terrified of being in the medicine den itself, but what she wants and desires is to be needed. To be wanted.

Desire. A desire to be needed. Important. Wanted. Useful. Poisoned… she feels poisoned, tainted. The meek, single leaf surviving a blight. She did not come out of it for the better, she did not come out of it for the worst, either. She simply came out of it. Is this good? To have a mind so clouded? Perhaps not, but a mind clouded by much can still be focused in in the few. Tunnel vision. Only being able to see her work and do her job. There is no joy or pride in what she does, she simply… does. Is this a curse? A blessing? Is this role cursed for her prestigious family? She has to do more and more to stand out among the sea of them. She has to be better than all who came before her, and better still than all who will come after. Is wanting to be great so wrong? There’s no point if she cannot be great - it’s greatness or nothing, glory or oblivion, success or failure. If she is not one then she is the other, and if she is the other… there’s no point striving to be anything anymore. There’s no point. Great or nothing.

Cinderpaw does not believe in curses. She does not believe in blessings.

She believes in hard work, in applying your own merits and reaping what you sow. But it is easy to think that all one’s misfortune is the result only of the stars playing cruel tricks, planning your demise. StarClan… Cinderpaw doesn’t know what to think about them. She’s never had any contact with them personally, all she knows is what others tell her. Her opinions are morphed, shaped and sculpted by the voices and views of those around her, wanting everyone to agree with them, wanting to be right. Are they right? Cinderpaw doesn’t know. What makes someone right? Is it simply just being moral? Being the most academically detached and factual you can in any given situation? What if what is right is also wrong morally? What if the inverse is true? Are a cat’s beliefs even important for a medic to understand? If the correct thing to do would be to end a cats life so they do not live a life of nothing but suffering… is that also morally correct? What if the cat begs you not to? Is it then her job to decide what’s right? Could she do that? Would she not hate herself if she thought she’d made the wrong choice?

"i'll tell you a secret,"
"tell me,"
"i'm going to be the first."
"swear it."
"why me?"
"because you're the reason! swear it."

What do you do if all your life you feel somehow lessor, inferior, and unimportant? You try and make yourself known. You try and stand out. You try and help. And it bites you in the ass. And then… what comes so easily to others is no longer easy to you. Walking… speaking… words that flow easily from others are buried in the pit of your heart and there is nothing you can do to dig them out again no matter how hard you try. A blockage. Defective. Unsightly. 

Maybe that is why she wants this, she wants to be important, and needed and, in a family as large as hers, it is nearly impossible to stand out unless you are loud or outgoing. For Cinderpaw… she fades into the background. She is not like they are. She is not outgoing. She is not loud. She is not anger embodied. She is the calm water at the Seastones, a fire burned out to only embers. If her mother is a phoenix, Cinder is nothing more than the dark shadow she casts. Hers are big paws to fill.

Determination to do so is not something Cinder lacks, but she is hesitant to begin, fearing the worst. Cautious without needing to be. Scared of the things in the grass that might leap out and bite her, taking with them more of what makes her up. Will she be nothing more than a body if she charges headfirst? Will her tail be claimed next? Her ears? Her eyes? Her head? And, if not physically consumed, will she instead be marred metaphorically, spiritually, and internally?

Communication is not something Cinderpaw is very good at, and it frustrates her to no end. She cannot seem to talk and express herself like everyone else around her can. It’s frustrating, feeling like her words are locked away in a box at the very center of her chest, where she can see them, and reach into it to grab them, but the moment she gets hold, they slip through her paws and settle once again in that horrid box, taunting her.

As such, she often gets lost in translation, understanding those around her and what they are saying, but finding it difficult for the same thing to be applied to her. She has no formal education in sign language, and instead tends to make up gestures that only she knows the meaning of. When she isn’t being understood, she automatically either shuts down or she gets angry at something she doesn’t think should be that hard.

This mutism may make caring for patients difficult as she would be unable to effectively ask questions or give directions until she comes up with a way to communicate more effectively or is finally given actual lessons on signing - granted, this does not guarantee that all cats in ShadowClan know how to sign as well, so the hurdle would still approach from time to time.

She has so much to say but no way to ask questions or say her appreciation… one day, though, that box will overflow with all she never got the chance to force out, and the thought of that happening is equally relieving and scary. What if so long passes between now and then that she forgets how to speak all together? Will she scare people? Patients? Family or friends?

Hello !! As you likely know, I’ve had a hr position in the past and, not to toot my own horn, but I think I did fairly well for as long as I was able. I won’t claim to have been perfect, but I can say that communication is important for me and I do well at it (as my past hr coworkers can attest to lol). I know my way around the position and what it requires and am willing to put in a lot of effort. This time around, if I am chosen, I would like to go on record to say that I won’t be biting off more than I can chew and won’t wait til the very last moment of my grip on my mental health to take a break. I may even set aside a day or two each week where I don’t even touch WCO let alone any HR duties, just to avoid the burn out and the frazzle-ment that comes with any high stress position such as this.

"i swear it."

Last edited by Neptune.; May 16th, 2024 at 02:26 PM.
Old May 11th, 2024, 12:59 AM
I'm not hated.

Bump Policy: 48-72 hours
My Mood: Queenly

A flower slowly bloomed right here
Glowing with red and spreading love around
And with the moon shining high up above,
they melt the harrowing colours away

Rolling with the wind, stumbling again
But each time I fall, I grow stronger
and then I will embrace all the light and the pain,
the anger deep inside
Because if I won't be the chosen one,
I'll choose myself

I will shout and let my voice roar throughout the darkest of nights
I'll wipe my tears to find the light
Letting the sound ring and reverberate past everything in sight

Even if I'm not sure quite yet what every sound really means,
or who I want to hear me sing
No matter if I am scared or in pain
No matter how long the struggle will take
I'll let my song ring out loud!

And even in a thousand nights, a single one is all you truly need
As all the colours then reveal themselves, the scent of crimson covers it all

No matter how hard,
I will never stray I will choose my heart,
not whatever you say
I'll follow the light of the dream that I drew,
I know I'll find a way
I didn't come so far and cry so hard to run away,
it's time to go!

And even if I won't be chosen,
I will choose myself

I will shout and wither my voice,
and break through all of the dark
A burning flower lights a spark
Here in this world that feels hopeless and vague,
my song will leave a mark

I'll count every single night so I can paint every morning
I'll scream out my voice, so hear me sing
No matter if I regret everything
No matter how high the limits will swing
I'll drown it all out, and shout!

❧ File name - Dusky

↳ File is password-protected

↳ Enter Password

…..

❧ Verifying…

↳ Password Incorrect

velli was here with lots of spray paint
marshall snuck around
Reply lengths/time depends purely on my Motivation, please be patient as I have Dysgraphia and ADD [adhd without the h]
The Awaiting Horrors... [KNY RP] | Dragcave
please feed my beautiful ampharos some berries (also so i can get dp but :3)

No.

Last edited by LostInTheOrchids; May 11th, 2024 at 10:27 PM.
Old May 11th, 2024, 01:40 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

ITS HAPPENINGG!!!! good luck everyone <33

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old May 11th, 2024, 02:20 AM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favour