It all falls down [SHC...
Last post by ashtuft
Today 07:49 AM

Old March 15th, 2024, 01:41 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Sedgewater Valley

Dunepounce hummed tunelessly as he lead the group out to the border. Shouldn’t be any trouble, but the tom kept his eyes peeled in the unlikely event someone felt like testing the waters. Nothin’ so far that he could see, at least.

He glanced over his shoulder to Boulderpaw, “Alright guppy, you said this was your first patrol? Has your mentor givin’ any explainin’ about what we do on border patrols?” Look at him, attempting to educated the youths of his clan. What a productive member of society he was.

[ @Catherine @Lewolfers ]

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit
Old March 15th, 2024, 07:42 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

NIGHTHAIL
she/her. 36 moons. long haired black and grey molly with lighter splotches; blue eyes; scarred
( purrks; the collector, rapid recovery )

"alright, well come on. we're done here." nighthail meows, gesturing for the two to follow as she starts to head back to camp. she isn't sure where the hell rabbitspring went, but she's not too concerned. if the warrior wanted to disappear half way through a patrol, that's her problem.

[ @RoboPrism @paris @Katiethewolfchild ]

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old March 16th, 2024, 12:44 AM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Hopeful

___...*| Sunflowerdaisy |*...___
[ she/her - Riverclan Warrior -
Purrks: none ]

Following close behind the patrol leader the molly looked around in the hope nothing would go wrong. She would hate if she had to fight anyone not when the raid had shaken her up. That was pretty scary and she'd rather not relive that again. Plus there was an apprentice on this patrol. If anyone dared hurt them the usually nice she-cat would make sure it was the last thing they did.

Sunflowerdaisy stopped and observed as he asked Boulderpaw some questions. he might have to take notes if she were ever to have an apprentice of her own. Hopefully not anytime soon. She wasn't sure if she was ready to take on that challenge. It kinda scared her. She was afraid she'd be a disappointment just like the mentor she had had before the last one. She hated inactive mentors, but would she follow that very fate if she had her own apprentice?

[ @naiad; @Lewolfers; ]

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do

Old March 17th, 2024, 06:14 PM

Bump Policy: Every few hours, I usually try to respond as quickly as I can
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiad View Post
Dunepounce hummed tunelessly as he lead the group out to the border. Shouldn’t be any trouble, but the tom kept his eyes peeled in the unlikely event someone felt like testing the waters. Nothin’ so far that he could see, at least.

He glanced over his shoulder to Boulderpaw, “Alright guppy, you said this was your first patrol? Has your mentor givin’ any explainin’ about what we do on border patrols?” Look at him, attempting to educated the youths of his clan. What a productive member of society he was.

[ @Catherine @Lewolfers ]

"Well not yet, but I'm ready to learn, my mother was a fearsome warrior, I will grow to be just like her," he says with a fire in his eyes

"UNTIL I THREW DOWN MY ENEMY AND SMOTE HIS RUIN UPON THE MOUNTAINSIDE -GANDALF THE WHITE
NIGHTWOLF SHADOWCLAN
24 MOONS
LARGE BLACK TABBY

BOULDERPAW RIVERCLAN
9 MOONS
GREY STRIPED TABBY
Old March 21st, 2024, 07:56 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeboe_Bean View Post
"Alright then, let's head out," Cloudburst mewed, standing and trotting toward the entrance. Holding her tail high, she slipped out of the camp and into the wind-battered moors.

The white warrior gazed about, and decided, "We'll explore on towards the RiverClan border! Follow me, Nectarpaw." With that, Cloudburst turned and made her way through the tall and open grass.

Nectarpaw
13/100

he/him / windclan apprentice / people pleaser

Nectarpaw dipped his head and followed the warrior outside Windclan camp. The vibrant hues of his orange tabby fur were somewhat subdued by the sea of emerald grass that stretched across the moorland. He put a leap into his step so he could still see the white warrior. For him, Cloudburst was moving pretty fast. She probably didn't realize it but he had shorter legs then she did. He wouldn't let that slow him down though. This was his first day of training for Starclan's sake.

His paws stopped moving as he heard where Cloudburst intended to take him. Riverclan? His fur started to bristle with apprehension. Didn't they invade our territory and mess with our herb storage? What would he do if there were Riverclan warriors there? He didn't know how to fight yet! Nectarpaw reluctantly followed Cloudburst, not wanting her to think that she was a coward. If she thought he was a coward, then she may think he was untrainable. If he was untrainable, what would Birdsnow say? What would Crowmumble say?

He decided to focus more on his new surroundings. He raised his nose in the air and took in all the unfamiliar scents. He smelled Riverclan, of course, and he smelled the open moor and scents of prey. Nectarpaw took in the area, willing himself to remember this. He had to remember every bit of the territory, right? "It will come with time." he reminded himself.

When he finally spoke to Cloudburst, his eyes betrayed a myriad of emotions. Fear, excitement, worry and curiosity. "It's nice and quiet here." he remarked to the enthusiastic white warrior. Nice because it was new and interesting, quiet because there isn't any Riverclan warriors around that he knows of. "What's this place called?"
(@Joeboe_Bean ; Cloudburst )

Old March 21st, 2024, 08:10 PM
a FNAF enthusiast

Bump Policy: anytime necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyx View Post

Nectarpaw
13/100

Nectarpaw dipped his head and followed the warrior outside Windclan camp. The vibrant hues of his orange tabby fur were somewhat subdued by the sea of emerald grass that stretched across the moorland. He put a leap into his step so he could still see the white warrior. For him, Cloudburst was moving pretty fast. She probably didn't realize it but he had shorter legs then she did. He wouldn't let that slow him down though. This was his first day of training for Starclan's sake.

His paws stopped moving as he heard where Cloudburst intended to take him. Riverclan? His fur started to bristle with apprehension. Didn't they invade our territory and mess with our herb storage? What would he do if there were Riverclan warriors there? He didn't know how to fight yet! Nectarpaw reluctantly followed Cloudburst, not wanting her to think that she was a coward. If she thought he was a coward, then she may think he was untrainable. If he was untrainable, what would Birdsnow say? What would Crowmumble say?

He decided to focus more on his new surroundings. He raised his nose in the air and took in all the unfamiliar scents. He smelled Riverclan, of course, and he smelled the open moor and scents of prey. Nectarpaw took in the area, willing himself to remember this. He had to remember every bit of the territory, right? "It will come with time." he reminded himself.

When he finally spoke to Cloudburst, his eyes betrayed a myriad of emotions. Fear, excitement, worry and curiosity. "It's nice and quiet here." he remarked to the enthusiastic white warrior. Nice because it was new and interesting, quiet because there isn't any Riverclan warriors around that he knows of. "What's this place called?"

Cloudburst swished her white tail through the swaying grass. "This," she informed her apprentice, "is Sedgewater Valley, the RiverClan border. And it is quite nice, isn't it?" The warrior's blue eyes twinkled, delighted to show Nectarpaw Windclan's beautiful land.

But, she was getting a sense of worry from Nectarpaw. Cloudburst tipped her head, adding, "And as long as we don't get too close to the border, we won't have to worry about seeing a single RiverClan warrior." She smiled, hoping to reassure him. Then, she beckoned him to follow and bounded farther through the grass, ready to show him a few landmarks and point out where the scent marks were set.

All the while, the snowy warrior kept a sharp eye out for any web-pawed enemies. She didn't want Nectarpaw's tour of the territory interrupted with conflict, and thankfulky, Cloudburst didn't see anyone immediately.

"Worse? Or better?"

Last edited by Kacey!; March 21st, 2024 at 08:10 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2024, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Cloudburst swished her white tail through the swaying grass. "This," she informed her apprentice, "is Sedgewater Valley, the RiverClan border. And it is quite nice, isn't it?" The warrior's blue eyes twinkled, delighted to show Nectarpaw Windclan's beautiful land.

But, she was getting a sense of worry from Nectarpaw. Cloudburst tipped her head, adding, "And as long as we don't get too close to the border, we won't have to worry about seeing a single RiverClan warrior." She smiled, hoping to reassure him. Then, she beckoned him to follow and bounded farther through the grass, ready to show him a few landmarks and point out where the scent marks were set.

All the while, the snowy warrior kept a sharp eye out for any web-pawed enemies. She didn't want Nectarpaw's tour of the territory interrupted with conflict, and thankfulky, Cloudburst didn't see anyone immediately.

Nectarpaw
14/100

A wave of relief washed over the apprentice. Nectarpaw was grateful for the soothing words. The thought of Riverclan warriors practically had him jumping out of his fur, but Cloudburst had comforted him, for now. As long as he didn't smell any warrior, they should be fine. He followed Cloudburst to the border, his paws appreciated the feeling of being outside camp. He loved the wind in his fur and the feeling of the grass under his paws.

Nectarpaw turned to the white warrior, his paws padding the ground nervously. "What now?"

Old March 22nd, 2024, 06:08 PM
a FNAF enthusiast

Quote:

Nectarpaw
14/100

A wave of relief washed over the apprentice. Nectarpaw was grateful for the soothing words. The thought of Riverclan warriors practically had him jumping out of his fur, but Cloudburst had comforted him, for now. As long as he didn't smell any warrior, they should be fine. He followed Cloudburst to the border, his paws appreciated the feeling of being outside camp. He loved the wind in his fur and the feeling of the grass under his paws.

Nectarpaw turned to the white warrior, his paws padding the ground nervously. "What now?"

Wind bustled across the moors as Cloudburst tipped her head in thought. Crossing WindClan territory to reach the other border seemed absurd, and she didn't want to wear Nectarpaw out on his first day. So instead, the blue eye she-cat suggested, "How about some hunting practice?"

Hopping through the tangled grass, Cloudburst led her apprentice back towards WindClan land and away from the border they'd already explored. If they did manage to find prey, she didn't want one of them accidentally chasing it into enemy territory; that always ended poorly.

"Now, I'm sure you understand some of the basics," Cloudburst assured, not wanting to assume Nectarpaw knew nothing of hunting. "But I'll breeze over them. First, check for prey scent, and pick the strongest trail you can find. Then, you want to move downwind of it before following it, that way it won't catch your scent." The warrior lifted her pink nose up and sniffed for any prey.

The she-cat felt it was necessary to add, "Also, be very careful when hunting rabbits. They can be as big as a full grown warrior, and they're strong. In most cases, it isn't a one cat job." Now, Cloudburst encouraged Nectarpaw to see if he could find a trail and perhaps catch a rodent or two.

"Worse? Or better?"
Old March 22nd, 2024, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Wind bustled across the moors as Cloudburst tipped her head in thought. Crossing WindClan territory to reach the other border seemed absurd, and she didn't want to wear Nectarpaw out on his first day. So instead, the blue eye she-cat suggested, "How about some hunting practice?"

Hopping through the tangled grass, Cloudburst led her apprentice back towards WindClan land and away from the border they'd already explored. If they did manage to find prey, she didn't want one of them accidentally chasing it into enemy territory; that always ended poorly.

"Now, I'm sure you understand some of the basics," Cloudburst assured, not wanting to assume Nectarpaw knew nothing of hunting. "But I'll breeze over them. First, check for prey scent, and pick the strongest trail you can find. Then, you want to move downwind of it before following it, that way it won't catch your scent." The warrior lifted her pink nose up and sniffed for any prey.

The she-cat felt it was necessary to add, "Also, be very careful when hunting rabbits. They can be as big as a full grown warrior, and they're strong. In most cases, it isn't a one cat job." Now, Cloudburst encouraged Nectarpaw to see if he could find a trail and perhaps catch a rodent or two.

Nectarpaw
15/100

He nodded to Cloudburst. "Hunting practice sounds good!" he agreed. Once again he followed her deeper into Windclan territory. The tour was beautiful, he loved seeing the landmarks and fields. His paws ached to just lie down and fall asleep for moons. He'd never walked so much before!

Nectarpaw resisted the urge to tell her that he had no hunting training, but she went over the basics. He figured there was no need, he'll just fake like he knew for now. "Prey scent, trail, downwind...got it!" First, he sniffed the air and caught the scent of a mouse. He remembers the scent from the fresh kill pile. He closed his eyes and surveyed the wind flowing in his long fur. The mouse was.. west of him and the wind was blowing west. Perfect.

The tabby apprentice dropped into a crouch, and slowly crept towards the mouse. His form was...bad.. but he didn't know it. He made an effort to look confident in his stalking abilities. He got closer, wiggled his haunches and pounced. The mouse must have heard him leap because when his paws hit the ground it scurried off. "Rabbit dung!" he hissed. Necterpaw stared at the mouse as it ran off helplessly.

Old March 23rd, 2024, 12:16 AM
a FNAF enthusiast

Quote:

Nectarpaw
15/100

He nodded to Cloudburst. "Hunting practice sounds good!" he agreed. Once again he followed her deeper into Windclan territory. The tour was beautiful, he loved seeing the landmarks and fields. His paws ached to just lie down and fall asleep for moons. He'd never walked so much before!

Nectarpaw resisted the urge to tell her that he had no hunting training, but she went over the basics. He figured there was no need, he'll just fake like he knew for now. "Prey scent, trail, downwind...got it!" First, he sniffed the air and caught the scent of a mouse. He remembers the scent from the fresh kill pile. He closed his eyes and surveyed the wind flowing in his long fur. The mouse was.. west of him and the wind was blowing west. Perfect.

The tabby apprentice dropped into a crouch, and slowly crept towards the mouse. His form was...bad.. but he didn't know it. He made an effort to look confident in his stalking abilities. He got closer, wiggled his haunches and pounced. The mouse must have heard him leap because when his paws hit the ground it scurried off. "Rabbit dung!" he hissed. Necterpaw stared at the mouse as it ran off helplessly.

Watching her apprentice, Cloudburst noticed that Nectarpaw's form was ... not quite the best. But she allowed him to attempt to catch his prey regardless.

The younger cat leaped for his prey as the white warrior supervised; unfortunately, Cloudburst saw the mouse scurry away as Nectarpaw landed too late to catch it. Not wanting him to feel bad about it, Cloudburst smiled and meowed, "That was a great first attempt, Nectarpaw! The biggest issue was your stance." Trotting over, the warrior flattened the grass down a bit, and continued, "You'll want to keep your stance square — that is to say, keep your paws evenly spaced, and your weight evenly distributed." Cloudburst demonstrated the hunting stance.

"As well as that," she added, "your pawsteps can't be too quick, or your prey will either hear you, or sense your movement." She beckoned with her snowy tail for the apprentice to copy her form.

"Worse? Or better?"