Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan > ThunderClan Events

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
hiatus
by Mizu
Last post by marshy
Today 08:04 PM
Reignition - Firestorm...
by Dark
Last post by Dark
Today 07:59 PM
come one, come all [RC...
Last post by Mizu
Today 07:56 PM
Willowpaw's Training
by Seamrog
Last post by oakcrane
Today 07:55 PM
Spear Fishing - Group...
by Bean
Last post by Tallstar
Today 07:55 PM
Closed Thread

Old March 15th, 2024, 08:42 PM

Bump Policy: After 24 hours if i'm not online. || I got church on Wednesdays and Sundays + Saturdays
My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: get off your butts before we make you [TC APP EVENT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by talle View Post
Redhawk - ThunderClan Hornet

Eyes drifting across the group, and at those who still had yet to approach a tree, Redhawk dropped gracefully down from the low branch she was on, landing almost soundlessly onto the floor below. Her gaze was kind as she approached the few apprentices - Shadepaw, Mousepaw, Elkpaw, Wisppaw, Echopaw, and Swanpaw - who might be a bit nervous about climbing in general. "D-Do any of you need help?" she questioned with a soft, reassuring smile, hoping that maybe they just needed to be shown once more how it was done. "Come over to these couple t-trees and we can do it together!"

Leading the way over to a group of trees, Redhawk got ready to start teaching when she felt a gentle nudge at her paw. Letting out a 'mrrp?' the hornet turned her gaze to Timberpaw. "Of course you can," she reassured her, hoping to correct the train of thought. "It just t-takes practice!"

Gesturing with her tail for the apprentices and Timberpaw to watch her, she unsheathed her claws and latched them onto the bark of the tree before her. "Look for the spots that you can sss-sink your claws into - you can t-tug a bit on your claws t-to make sure they're hooked in!" To demonstrate as Wolfhive had done she gave a small tug, her claws not budging. "Next you'll want t-to leap upwards and hook your hind claws in - like this." Giving a little wiggle the hornet jumped up and swung her back-end until her hind claws connected with bark. Twisting her neck this way and that to look at the apprentices who had followed her, she blinked. "Let's see you all give it a g-go. Don't worry about it not being p-perfect - Wolf and I are h-here to help!"

Kicking back off the tree Red landed on the ground once more, waiting to see if any of the apprentice's needed more help.

[ @Tiabirb - Shadepaw @Hestia! - Mousepaw @dino. - Elkpaw @CrimsonOaks - Wisppaw, Echopaw @Starphobia - Firepaw @Dark - Swanpaw @vellichor - Timberpaw ]
"WispPaw & EchoPaw"

EchoPaw smiles and says, "Mk!" WispPaw just pads over to a tree, swishing his tail for EchoPaw to follow.
Old March 15th, 2024, 11:20 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Crowpaw

Purrks: Heightened Perception and Agatha Kitty

Oh... yippee. He was to be with... so many others. Quite honestly, if only Mudhound was in charge of these many apprentices, Crowpaw was curious about who else showed up to this training event. The warrior was... almost sounding like he was talking to kits. Yuck. 'Eyes on me'? C'mon... we're not kits. None of us are younger than six moons- I hope. He took a look at the much smaller apprentices as they started to follow the warrior. He felt like some sort of giant watching the younger Clanmates.

Crouching was up first. It was the basic of the basics, in a sense. Playing in the nursery? Oh, gosh... DON'T MAKE ME FEEL LIKE AN ELDER, MUDHOUND! Crowpaw lifted his head up in a pleading groan and sighed as he watched the older warrior give an example. Mudhound was a tripod, so he'd naturally need to compensate for the loss of limb. Crowpaw, however, was not missing any of his limbs. Judging by the poor demonstration Mudhound so proudly procured, he'd probably not do the crouch right.

The young mud-brown tabby tom huffed and crouched down as low as he possibly could. His paws were a little shaky as he bent his head down to check where the grass was compared to his fur. Just brushing it. I... I don't know if that's good. His tail's location was harder to know. Crowpaw lifted and turned his head to try his best and observe his tail. Turning his head and looking probably wouldn't be as bad as it was if he wasn't half blind in that eye. When he tried to get a closer look, the older apprentice lost his balance and toppled over.

"Ow." The toppling-over was unexpected, so he was unable to get the proper footing to stop himself before hitting the ground. The tom gave a big sigh and sat down to give himself a couple moments to relax his shoulder, during which he looked at everyone else. They're all... so much younger. I- I can't seem to even... even get a hunting crouch down properly.

This was simply a refresher for him to try and get it down for his own sake. It was obvious he definitely needed to train a little more before his assessment. I just... hope I get it down soon. I don't want to be the age of an elder and still be an apprentice. Soon enough, Crowpaw tried the hunter's crouch again, this time craning his neck the other direction so he got a better visual of his tail placement.

"Am I doing this right, Mudhound?"
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old March 16th, 2024, 02:16 AM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Tongue nearly sticking out with utter concentration, after listening to the instructions, Poppypaw bent her legs and stared at the ground - making sure her belly fur did not touch it - to try and crouch low. But crouching so low with her paws quite close together did little for her balance, and the brittle apprentice wobbled in place, paws shifting about to try and stop herself from falling until finally they were, well, more spread out than she should be. Her balance was not perfect, nor was her crouch, but it was a start! Wasn't it? Glancing at other apprentices and remembering Bigcat's example, Poppypaw did her best to adjust her stance to what seemed correct, really wanting to get to move down.

[ @Rani ]

Old March 16th, 2024, 05:01 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Mudhound
Thunderclan Hornet | They/them | 35 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

Right time to circulate and offer tips! Some cats did not need it at all, Daylightpaw Fallingpaw Treepaw and Sprucepaw all got grins and nods and a pat on the back with a tail if they looked like they accepted it. However some apprentices did not turn up at all, something that made Mudhound frown and call out "Hey Flintpaw and Blazepaw! If you dont wanna participate you dont have to but youre not gonna get any training if you just sit around.... Quickly come over and join in if you still wanna get hunting training done!" There was no training non present cats but if they couldnt be bothered to learn the hornet was unsure how they could ever make warrior.....

At least they could help those here with their learning!

@Ladiebugg @Spider-in-the-corner @SuspiciousMindz @Alchemist Kitsune @mars @zozelen

---
Cherrypaw was..... An ongoing issue Mudhound had noticed. She was scared of everything, and often did little because of it, staggering in her learning and existence in the clan despite being moons past when she shouldve gotten her warrior name. She was apprenticed with Wolfhive and was only now learning hunting? And even in trying it wasnt a lot of effort....

The tripod sighed and sat down, softly talking to the apprentice.
"Cherrypaw...... Whats going on? Youre really behind and seem so so scared always and I just dont see you putting in a ton of effort to learn. Is something wrong? Do you feel this is something you struggle with and need extra help, you can talk to me if you need...."

@bubble[error]. (hey just fyi youre gonna need to add more detail to your replies for them to count, you can mention stuff like tail position or stance or anything but a very short single sentence isnt going to count for future replies)

---
Leafpaw! One of Mudhounds own who was kinda struggling to deal with their new disability. That was ok, the tripod was here to help! The hornet rasped a tongue over Leafpaws ear before silently nudging their apprentices legs into a more stable position and tested by gently giving her a nudge to the side and altering until she didnt wobble from it. There! All done and with a quiet and fond "Just keep playing with it, youll figure out your new center with practice." before they had to move on.

@Eden
---
Beachpaw!

This was Wolfhives little fan right? Mudhound was pretty sure they'd seen them following around the older tom and had figured they were friends which was always nice~ As the tripod bounced over to the little scrap they gave a happy nod and complimented "Good job for your first try! Time will make this more comfortable but how I remember all the little things is thinking of above and below (if that helps you)! What of you could be seen above what youre hiding behind, so ears, back and tail, and if its too high lower it~ Then below, yanno how when you brush along the ground it makes a noise? Well if anything like fur or something is gonna make that sound you move juuuust a bit up!

That checked off the most important thing is to be comfortable, so your crouch will naturally change a bit once you figure out how to stalk with it! Just keep up the good work!"

There that sounded like good advice, so with a final grin the tripod bounced off to the next apprentice.

@Fawn
---
Mmmmmm, not listening this one~ Ah well its ok Salmonpaw could catch up! "Youre ready just not with your listening ears~ I explained how to crouch and am gonna move on to stalking soon so you better show me your crouch quick! Go on kiddo lets go time is flying~" Salmonpaw would have less time given what he'd wasted so far buuuuuut he could still catch up.

@Merp Machine
---

Crowpaw was older, missing and now back(?) Mudhound didnt know the details and seemed to need the refresher for hunting. Which was good and definitely not something the apprentice should be ashamed of, the tripod just hoped this lesson would help!

"You got a good base of knowledge Crowpaw, youre just a little rusty. This distance thing is more of a guideline and you might have some more balance if youre a smidgen more up because long adult legs! Also your tail being out and low will help with balance so extend it out and you wont feel as rocky (I used this too). Also just a tip if you wanna compensate eyesight then whiskers are awesome, let them brush the ground and you'll find your level!

Keep up the work!"
@SpiritedWarrior
---

Poppypaw was a puzzle. Hehe puzzle-cat sounded fun! Mudhound didnt know why the little rocking motions happened but it seemed like the kiddo couldnt help it and the hornet wasnt really sure how to compensate.

The tripod hummed, cocking their head.
"Wellll you look good for first try! However as I said sometimes someones crouch that works for them doesnt always look like the 'normal' crouch. Maybe try spreading out your legs a bit more so your stance is wider? Keep playing with it until you feel stable but can still walk! Keep trying!"

@Estelle
---

"Ok everyone stalking now! Its pretty easy at base, just in your crouch you walk forward! Buuuuuuuut its keeping quiet and hidden thats the hard part~

Im gonna be your 'prey' sitting on that rock and youre gonna try and stalk up to me, you need to not be spotted or youre going back to the start! "
The tripod showed off their stalk to said rock and hopped on. It was an ok stalk, highlighting how Mudhound avoided crunchy grass and stayed lurking behind barriers so they were more hidden. But once they were there they were more interested in grinning down at the group, noting that there were ample tall grass and bushes between the apprentices as them to keep hidden.

"Some tips! Hide behind things, few cats have the right pelt to blend in and even a good pelt will give itself away if you happen to be moving when spotted. So track where Im looking and move when Im not and hide behind things when I am, if youre spotted prey would spot you~ But be careful, if you hide too close to a bush and brush it the sound will also give you away.

On that topic make sure you know where youre stepping, step on a stick or something that'll make a loud noise and youve got no dinner!

Finally the wind, if I smell you so would prey, so make sure to approach from downwind (should be easy, breeze is at my back today!)."

There basic lecture done buuuuuut Mudhound knew there were advanced cats in the group sooooooo
"For those here who know this already, why not try approaching from in the open? Windclan does it all the time and they manage by freezing every time prey so much as twitches in their direction (somehow). But you can also be smart! Roll in ferns to cover your scent, put leaves in your pelt or use mud, if you dont look like a cat theyre less likely to flee!

Good luck everyone now give stalking a go!"

Last edited by Rani; March 16th, 2024 at 05:02 AM.
Old March 16th, 2024, 05:58 AM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Queenly

DaylightPaw
DaylightKit,

11 Moons | She/Her | Bisexual

ThunderClan Apprentice

___

@Rani

___

DaylightPaw flicked her ear before padding off. She quickly dropped to a hunting crouch before slowly creeping towards MudHound. Each time the tripod looked in her direction she stopped and dropped low to the ground. Her grey and yellow pelt hopefully helped her blend in with sun spots, at least a little bit.

MossRoot is RootClan's current Leader
Old March 16th, 2024, 07:25 AM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Status: I speak English, Thai, German, Korean and some others
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
Wolfhive supposed Oatpaw being sheltered made sense. It took talent to avoid any interaction with the dozen other kits in the nursery at any given time. "Stop thinking so hard about this. You're doing great, you're almost to the branch." It was hard to completely mask how vexed he was - perhaps Wolfhive didn't understand the type of anxiety Oatpaw had, as this felt like an over-exaggeration of climbing. "Just a couple more steps, okay?"

[ @SeonghwasBunnyEars ]
Oatpaw gave a whimper in response. His tail quivering. Oatpaw reached his paw forward and gripped onto the next claw marks. "I'm gonna fall" Oatpaw whimpered.

(Smol explanatiin: Oatpaw has really bad PSTD of high areas because when he was a kit he tried to climb a tree and fell off and hes been terrified ever sense. If Wolfhive would like, Weepingwillow(his sister) can come over and reassure him/tell Wolfhive about it)

"If this moment is our wave. Dont' be afraid, face it with more strength"
- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old March 16th, 2024, 07:41 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

"You're not gonna fall." Wolfhive, having been chilling on the trunk, made his way up to one of the lower branches so he could oversee Oatpaw from a better angle. At this rate, they'd be here a while. "The branch is almost in your reach, hook it with one of your paws when you're closer and pull yourself up."

[ @SeonghwasBunnyEars that won't be necessary! ]

Last edited by BEAR.; March 16th, 2024 at 07:41 AM.
Old March 16th, 2024, 07:50 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours. busy during weekdays until 4 p.m. EST
My Mood: Angelic

Blazepaw tried his best to restrain a grimace at Mudhound's call. Yeah, Blazepaw was here, he just wasn't keen on exactly jumping into the training because he already knew how to do this and Mudhound just... put him in the hunting group instead? They didn't even acknowledge it. Great...

Blazepaw was picking up on some judgement in the other cat's tone though, and he wouldn't just keep watching the other apprentices stumble if Mudhound started thinking he was incompetent. Just the idea of being thought of as behind made Blazepaw want to hiss, but he held it back. "Yes, I'm here, Mudhound. Just... observing the group," he meowed dryly before Mudhound climbed up onto the rock. They were supposed to hunt the warrior? Blazepaw didn't have a problem with that, but with so many cats going after one target, he had a feeling they'd just start tripping over each other. Since Blazepaw wasn't the focus of Mudhound's attention from the start, he decided to to try approaching from the side instead- still downwind, of course, but away from Mudhound's main focus.

He simply padded away, hopefully making Mudhound assume that he was just disinterested, but then he quietly crept into one of the dens to the side of the rock. He was starting a bit father away then the other apprentices, sure, but he couldn't imagine why Mudhound would look over here- they couldn't afford to, it would be a prime opportunity for the apprentices to strike. And even if they did, Blazepaw was in the shadows.

He could try and stalk forward, or aim for the kill and simply sprint over to Mudhound, staying light on his feet. Could Blazepaw leap up onto the rock in time before Mudhound could react? Maybe, but he wasn't completely confident.

@Rani

(by the way, i'm not actually mad that he switched groups, but i imagine blazepaw would be a little annoyed haha. that isn't coming from me!)
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; March 16th, 2024 at 08:02 AM.
Old March 16th, 2024, 10:23 AM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Status: I speak English, Thai, German, Korean and some others
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
"You're not gonna fall." Wolfhive, having been chilling on the trunk, made his way up to one of the lower branches so he could oversee Oatpaw from a better angle. At this rate, they'd be here a while. "The branch is almost in your reach, hook it with one of your paws when you're closer and pull yourself up."

[ @SeonghwasBunnyEars that won't be necessary! ]
(<3)

Oatpaw gave a small sniff as he reached his paw upwards. His small claws gripping into the branch, Oatpaw scooted his body upwards. Flexing his muscles Oatpaw easily pulled himself upwards until he was on the branch. Oatpaw looked at the ground and stuck out his tail for balance. "I-i did it!" Oatpaw yowled in triumph. Though he rested on of forelegs against Wolfhive's side to feel safer.

"If this moment is our wave. Dont' be afraid, face it with more strength"
- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old March 16th, 2024, 11:07 AM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Treepaw] | Trees Friend
​ThunderClan Apprentice
Silver Tongue

Oh gosh, oh gosh, I need to sneak up on them!

Treepaw gulped but nodded at the assignment. Of course, she wasn't experienced with this so thankfully she could use the grasses and bushes to try and get an advantage on them. So, she did just that. Treepaw took to the taller grasses, thankful for the Bengal pattern pelt she had. It was useful in this clan. Although, her next goal would be to fully master the trees. Hunting, fighting, just doing everything in the trees. It was her favorite place to be. First, though, was mastering hunting on the ground.

Once again, Treepaw struggled with keeping her pawsteps light and silent. She got into her trained crouch, but her paw steps still came down with light thuds on the ground. She frowned at the sounds. The next step, she tried to lighten her step, but to no avail. Her paw once again came down with a thud. Treepaw was simply trying to move too fast, but she didn't understand that. The faster she tried to step, the louder the sound as she stalked towards Mudhound. The frustration of the situation glowed in her eyes.

@Rani

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Closed Thread