by dino.
Last post by Discoturtle
Today 11:00 AM

Old March 7th, 2023, 06:10 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

ShadowClan Re: Saltmeadow Marsh

RUMBLEWOLF

The massive dark-gray tomcat nodded in agreement to Hawkbite’s plan. “ShadowClan could always use the extra prey.” He said gruffly, his amber eyes still fixed on the large geese nearby, “You can-” His speech would soon be cut-off by young Wildpaw, making Rumblewolf swing his head around to look at her. Something about the small ShadowClan apprentice’s words made heat creep across his face and something about it was very unfamiliar and strange, so it irritated Rumblewolf rather severely. “Wildpaw, stay put.” The big muscular warrior growled low before turning back to Hawkbite, “I shall rush in and tackle one of them to the ground, hold down their wings and you can go for their windpipe, alright? Alright, let’s go.” With Wildpaw’s words now catching him off-guard and feeling weird, Rumblewolf wanted to catch these geese and go home. Just focus on the hunt… Focus. He reminded himself.

Not another word was spoken from the dark-furred wolfcat as he dropped into a crouch and stalked closer to the flock of snow geese. This was something that ShadowClan, and Dawnstar too, would surely be happy with. It meant more meat for their warriors, to make them stronger and more energetic to get things done. Once he got close enough, Rumblewolf burst forward, charging towards one of the geese. Slamming into it, the feathered bird uttered a loud HONK of alarm as he sank his claws into it's sides, holding down it's set of wings so that it couldn't get away easily. "Now, Hawkbite!" Rumblewolf roared, feeling the large goose wriggle in his grasp.

( @fallout? @SuspiciousMindz )
Old March 7th, 2023, 07:49 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Saltmeadow Marsh

@canineantics @marshall

Hawkbite held back a chuckle at Rumblewolf's pause to Wildpaw's comment. He glanced, almost playfully, at the apprentice. An expression that Vixensnarl had seen before, but not many other felines. He nodded quickly at Rumblewolf, watching him dart off before taking one glance back at Wildpaw. "We'll stare into each other eyes when I finish off that goose, it'll be sooo romantic," the tom spoke in a hushed tone, giving the young cat a wink before darting into the underbrush to wait for Rumblewolf's command.

The command was given and the tom bolted out of the underbrush, leaping quickly towards its head. True to his name, the warrior revealed large fangs that hid under his lips. They sank deeply into the bird head, going for a crushing blow rather than a slow suffocation. It was quicker for something larger than them and proved successful when he felt the feathered creature go limp beneath them.

Excitement built up under his pelt and when he finally released, he looked up proudly at Rumblewolf, tail high in the air now. "Nice! We did it!" the warrior spoke, a little louder than he should've but he couldn't help it.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old March 7th, 2023, 08:54 PM
eternally tired

➵ wildpaw ❀⋆˚₊⁻∘・
// ➵ @SuspiciousMindz @canineantics

wildpaw almost cackled at rumberwolfs reaction, it was priceless!! she was doing starclans work and she knew it. she was about to say something about being told to stay back like she was some sort of doll they could just push around but hawkbites words caught her off guard. she let out a gasp with a playful laugh, o m gosh?? was she about to set these two up?? as hawkbite ran on after rumblewolf she yelled "go on and get your tom hawkbite!! sweep him off his paws you 2 little rodents!" she smiled like a happy little mother at the back, oh she knew they'd be absolutely awful together but she'd revel in their chaos. her smile quickly turned to disinterest however, imagine being in love? totes NOT a trend, REAL cats keep their options constantly open such as wild. whatever, hopefully this patrol would be over soon, she saw they both caught the geese and began to get her hydromoss all together so they could leave this dump of a border.
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Last edited by marshy; March 7th, 2023 at 09:03 PM.
Old March 7th, 2023, 09:58 PM
silly billy!!

Bump Policy: every 48 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspiciousMindz View Post

Hawkbite
@valery @Pluto!

It was about time he'd been put in charge of a patrol! The warrior had been impatiently waiting. It took no time for the feline to approach both the apprentice and warrior he was assigned to lead and gesture with his tail for them to follow him towards the entrance. He refused to fail like his previous patrol leader did, how unfortunate for them, but that's what happened when they wanted to take their sweet time.

"Off we go, then! Those fish-breath furballs need reminded not to cross borders. It feels like they're the only ones who haven't attempted in a while. Let's keep it that way," the tom spoke, flicking his tail with contempt.

Provided the other two had followed him to the border, he stopped and gave the air a good sniff. Someone else was around the area, or had been very recently. Hawkbite turned to address them, making sure they were ready to listen.

Featherstone flicked her tail on the paws backleg so they would be signaled to listen, not wanting them to slip behind, shadowclan had high expectations to which she could live up to but it never hurt to help out the younger cats. She raised ears in seek for any tresspassing cat, looking to hawkbite incase they had something.

[ @valery ]
Old March 8th, 2023, 06:58 PM
underwhelming

sagepaw
he/him
shadowclan / 141/100
white w/ grey-striped tail, green eyes

Sagepaw wasn't sure about the whole trespassing thing, but he didn't think RiverClan would do something like that. His mind went to especially Mintpaw. They wouldn't, right? And what would he end up doing if they did? What if there was a scuffle at the border? Sagepaw found himself slinking closer to the ground, disliking the sudden and unfamiliar uncertainty.

Yet when Featherstone flicked him with her tail, he returned back to his normal, peppy posture. There was no need to worry about anything. He had two whole warriors with him! Yeah! Sagepaw flicked his ears back a moment at the scent of the other clan, but turned his gaze to Hawkbite, sensing he was going to say something.

@SuspiciousMindz @Pluto!

Last edited by val; March 9th, 2023 at 03:41 PM. Reason: nobody saw that.
Old March 8th, 2023, 09:33 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

ShadowClan Re: Saltmeadow Marsh

RUMBLEWOLF

Once he gave the clear signal, the bulky dark-grey warrior was rather pleased to see how quickly Hawkbite jumped to action. He watched as the other ShadowClan tomcat burst out from hiding, approaching Rumblewolf and the squawking goose at a ferocious speed. Flashing his fangs, Hawkbite would quickly crush the bird's skull without much problem. Woah... Rumblewolf thought then, finding himself strangely impressed by this display. The large snow goose easily fell dead and limp underneath them, the hunt rendered successful. A smile, which was quite rare from the stone-cold tomcat, managed to find it's way onto his maw. "Wonderful work, Hawkbite." Rumblewolf remarked, peering at the fellow warrior with twitching whiskers, "Come on, help me get this bird home." This whole patrol was quite the different one for him, but he had a great time and they had done a wonderful thing for ShadowClan too.

Grabbing the bird by their feet, Rumblewolf hoped Hawkbite would assist with the other end before making his way back over to Wildpaw. "Make yourself useful, kid, and lead the way back to camp, will ya?" He huffed, deep tone muffled by the goose currently clasped in his jaws. Strangely enough, he felt less... serious for the moment, more calm and at ease. It was something entirely new for Rumblewolf, sure, but that was alright with him, because it was a good feeling. Wildpaw was quite the interesting apprentice, and Hawkbite was a unique individual too, but he found himself not feeling annoyed by them.

( @marshall @SuspiciousMindz - positive rumblewolf moment real??? )

Last edited by Captain; March 9th, 2023 at 07:01 AM.
Old March 10th, 2023, 04:25 PM
the stars told me–;

My Mood: Hungry

➛ cloudedcry ;

; he/him | thirty-seven moons.
--although he and kestrelpaw could wait for whitewillow forever, he decided that no, in fact, they wouldn't be, so once he finished marking he went over to the apprentice. “would you like to head back? as long as we report this as a somewhat successful patrol, i don't believe gingerfrost will have our heads.” he cracked a smile. a joke, for once, surprisingly.

afterwards, he'd probably come and investigate the smell on his own.
@sol.
– #21/250

HAWKKIT | CLOUDEDCRY | SHELLKIT | RIVERPAW | OWLBRANCH | SIREN

“ SHE MAKES ME GO WEAK IN THE KNEES ”

“ but i… can't let… her see… me swoon… ”
Old March 10th, 2023, 04:53 PM
"Primrose Everdeen"

Status: 0.0 My crush is homophobic 0.0 My mom's making me be straight anyways 0.0
My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post

– cloudedcry;
--leading the patrol out to the marsh, cloudedcry walked at the head of the group, tail swaying as his paws came to contact with the soggy ground. a distantly foul smell reached his nose, though it seemed to be off elsewhere. while he did want to investigate, they'd simply have to stick to their marking for now.

though, he couldn't leave it ignored. “smell that?” he queried to the patrol as he rubbed his pelt along a tree. he slinked over roots and scraped at the ground – anything that made it clear that riverclanners had been here. “mark up, you two. we're taking a look at that stench afterwards.”
@Messi ; @sol.
– #15
Whitewillow frowned. "And what right do you have to boss me around?" She would do it anyways, of course, but she didn't like being talked to as if she was an apprentice.
Suntalon & Blackheart (currently with the Snow Fever) in WindClan
Whitewillow in RiverClan
Note: Sorry if you don't like being quoted, mentions don't work for me.
Old March 10th, 2023, 06:43 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days

@valery @Pluto!

Hawkbite looked between the two. The apprentice seemed very unsure, but that was fine. He didn't expect a young cat to know everything happening with the clan.

"Featherstone, you go right and cover those shrubs and trees, I'll go right and we'll meet back up here. Sagepaw, I'll leave it up to you who to follow, but stay within sight of one of us. Help mark the area too," Hawkbite spoke, calm, but firm. His green gaze drifted between the two before he flicked his tail and turned in the direction he said he would. The warrior would check closely for any trespassing and mark the border, heavily, along the way.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old March 10th, 2023, 06:50 PM
canonically the 51%

Bump Policy: three days. 24 hours for time sensitive ones.
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post

➛ cloudedcry ;

--although he and kestrelpaw could wait for whitewillow forever, he decided that no, in fact, they wouldn't be, so once he finished marking he went over to the apprentice. “would you like to head back? as long as we report this as a somewhat successful patrol, i don't believe gingerfrost will have our heads.” he cracked a smile. a joke, for once, surprisingly.

afterwards, he'd probably come and investigate the smell on his own.
@sol.
– #21/250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messi View Post
Whitewillow frowned. "And what right do you have to boss me around?" She would do it anyways, of course, but she didn't like being talked to as if she was an apprentice.

KESTRELPAW

She felt slightly less stressed when Cloudedcry asked if she wanted to go back to camp. She gave a smile to the other warrior. She decided that she liked Cloudedcry much better than Whitewillow, who didn't even bother to show up.

Speak of the devil. Stars. Kestrelpaw's eyes narrowed in anger, stress piling back up, spilling forward. "Where the hell were you, and what right do you have now when your absence was keeping us from leaving?" The grouchy apprentice disregarded all etiquette and snarked at the warrior. She hated cats who disregarded conduct, and then acted entitled about it. "Cloudedcry's patrol leader, and you didn't bother to show up. Follow, or take it up to Gingerfrost." Her blue eyes cut to the offending cat, challenging. Try me, she taunted silently. You know everything I said was true.

[ @Messi @Karlos - uh... feel free to pull her out of this if you want lol ]

" nothing you can take was ever worth keeping. "