Last post by isla
Today 03:34 AM

Old April 4th, 2020, 07:38 PM
What even...

My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: The Waterbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post

Breezefeather woke with a shock. As he lay there, eyes closed, he couldn't recall at first what had happened... Why was he in a nest? Hmph. Then all of a sudden it came back to him, he remembered the horrid mice and his stupid decision thinking he could go out mouse hunting! Why. Why was he so stupid. These moments as he sat there and asked himself these questions, was answered by a pulse of the void... It made him aware that this horrible horrible thing, something worse than even the mice was still just lingering beneath his fur, ready to strike his mind with a single attack. That was what made the silver tom open his eyes to the dim light of the waterbarn. And he promptly shut them again... There was a mouse... A mouse. A MOUSE, lying just in front of him. Who would be so stupid to put a mouse just right in front of his face... Mhm. He knew it wouldn't be one of his clanmates cause most knew better, but that ruled out all... Except for Daisy. The shadowclan cat who'd suggested they went hunting mice. He couldn't totally fault her for that, but he was still terrified of opening his eyes. So he did the best he could and closed his eyes, unaware that he was being watched, and reached a paw out to flick the mouse away. With that he opened up his green eyes yet again and let out a relieved sigh. He'd managed to push the mouse out of sight and he could comfortable curl up in his nest again. His head did hurt but not as much as his fear of that mouse. And so he looked around on the clan again before burrowing his nose between his paws and rubbing it. He missed his old nest that smelled off him.. Yet as soon as his thoughts began to drift he refocused his eyes on Daisybloom, trying his hardest not to open a door way that the void could walk through. He hoped she hadn't seen him struggle with the mouse, but that was highly unlikely as he caught her eye.
Quote:
[ @Spiderfrost @Arie ]

Irispaw stalked over to the two cats, admiring Daisybloom's handiwork. The tom seemed a bit flustered, but he would be fine. She turned to her herb storage, looking for the small black poppy seeds. That would help with distress, right? Well, Thunderhowl, time to trust my gut. Turning to Daisybloom and the tom, she dropped some poppy seeds at his feet, smiling gently. Looking between Daisybloom and the grey-furred tom, she paused for a moment. He looked a bit banged up.
"So, what happened to you?" She asked, tilting her head. If the tom didn't respond, that was alright, but she was a bit concerned... He looked a bit bruised. Exchanging a glance with Daisybloom, she shook her head.

Dipping more moss into the water with Daisybloom, she smiled at the she-cat. "Thank you so much! You've been so helpful."
@Moon Lily

As Daisybloom dipped the moss into the water she smiled at Irispaw's words. Setting down her burden she shook her head.

"I'm happy to help, it's in times like these I believe the clans should come together to help another. Given Icestar wasn't exactly....hm honorable or tactful..." the calico tensed her jaw and shook that negative train of thought.

"Anyways, I couldn't sit by and just let Windclan fester when i can provide something to them." she explained as she turned to check on the out cold Breezefeather only to bare witness to the tom awkwardly sliding the mouse she had hunted for him out of his immediate line of site. The young warrior's ears flattened in hurt confusion. Was something wrong with the mouse? Should she not have set it aside for him to eat?

Breezefeather looked up as well just then and their eyes caught, a little wide eyed and maybe he looked guilty? She didn't know the tom at all to know for sure. But she should probably make sure the mouse doesn't go to waste if he's going to refuse to eat it for whatever reason...Even if it kind of stung that she was trying to help him and he seemed to want to refuse it. Daisyblom sighed and awkwardly shuffled her paws before getting up about the same time Irispaw also noticed Breezefeather was up.

Well, he was still in need of help...Daisy followed Irispaw as she asked the silent tom questions. And...ok, yes, now that she looked at him closely it seemed his collision with the tree has left him in quite the state. Daisy shuffled her paws again and looked down.

"Um, well...I don't really know what happened before but..." She looked up at Breezefeather with an unreadable expression. "He--You...sort of maybe, kind of ran into a tree and I'm not exactly sure why and you really worried me and also is the mouse ok because you haven't eaten it and did I do something wrong?" The she-cat was suddenly rambling in one long string on conscious thought that by the time she could finally catch her breath her ears were flat again and her pelt felt hot in embarrassment and her tail twitched. The anxious feeling scrabbling at her throat that she was shoving down surrounded by all the unfamiliar cats was starting to claw at her, making her voice higher and softer. She felt like she was going to clam up after this and that really wasn't going to help anyone right now. She needed to calm down.
Old April 4th, 2020, 07:40 PM
fae/she/they

- @Moon Lily -

Rookflight was in awe of how quickly the medicine cat could work, she'd have asked more about the process of there wasn't more work to be done. "Oh, this? The original wound was from a falcon swooping down on some prey, which I hadn't wanted it to steal. I was going to get it seen when I got back to camp, but then the coyotes came and only made things worse..." As Irispaw finished up her work, Rookflight beamed a smile to the young cat. "Thank you for this, it's already starting to feel better! I'll try to keep still as best as I can." Satisfied with her care, she began to slowly pad away, giving one last friendly nod to the other she-cat.
Old April 4th, 2020, 08:06 PM
another level

My Mood: Kingly

Hay straws scattered from his nervous paws shuffling as he stared at the line up of injured cats ready to get checked. Overhearing poor Coldsong's case made it worse. He gulped. The stench of his wounds reeked; body's heat elevated new heights-- sleeping it off didn't work. Warblerpaw knew it was infected and it's time for him to face his fears. Take a few deep breathes, the small calico made his way over giving a worried glance at Irispaw before facing his back on her, plopping down with a tail twitch. "I have old hawk wounds the day before all this. I think it's infected now."
@Moon Lily
Old April 4th, 2020, 11:43 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

At Irispaw's announcement, Whiskernose became antsy. He flexed his paws into the ground. He wanted to help her. There were so many injured cats. But Twilightstar said they were in desperate need of prey more than anything. Besides, Daisybloom was more than capable of helping her. In fact, she might be a better candidate.
He forced his attention back to Nettlespark and Aspenbreeze. When the Windclan cat gestured for them to follow, he kept a slight distance, noticing she wasn't terribly happy to see them.
@Dust @implimm (internet is back, I will admit I kind of forgot about this since I didn't have notifs turned on for this, and I'm super sorry if I missed anything important)

Coldamber, Shockholly (StC)
Sedgestorm (Outsider)
Woollyfeather, Honeybite, Silkpaw (ShC)
Old April 5th, 2020, 02:56 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderfrost View Post
@Moon Lily

As Daisybloom dipped the moss into the water she smiled at Irispaw's words. Setting down her burden she shook her head.

"I'm happy to help, it's in times like these I believe the clans should come together to help another. Given Icestar wasn't exactly....hm honorable or tactful..." the calico tensed her jaw and shook that negative train of thought.

"Anyways, I couldn't sit by and just let Windclan fester when i can provide something to them." she explained as she turned to check on the out cold Breezefeather only to bare witness to the tom awkwardly sliding the mouse she had hunted for him out of his immediate line of site. The young warrior's ears flattened in hurt confusion. Was something wrong with the mouse? Should she not have set it aside for him to eat?

Breezefeather looked up as well just then and their eyes caught, a little wide eyed and maybe he looked guilty? She didn't know the tom at all to know for sure. But she should probably make sure the mouse doesn't go to waste if he's going to refuse to eat it for whatever reason...Even if it kind of stung that she was trying to help him and he seemed to want to refuse it. Daisyblom sighed and awkwardly shuffled her paws before getting up about the same time Irispaw also noticed Breezefeather was up.

Well, he was still in need of help...Daisy followed Irispaw as she asked the silent tom questions. And...ok, yes, now that she looked at him closely it seemed his collision with the tree has left him in quite the state. Daisy shuffled her paws again and looked down.

"Um, well...I don't really know what happened before but..." She looked up at Breezefeather with an unreadable expression. "He--You...sort of maybe, kind of ran into a tree and I'm not exactly sure why and you really worried me and also is the mouse ok because you haven't eaten it and did I do something wrong?" The she-cat was suddenly rambling in one long string on conscious thought that by the time she could finally catch her breath her ears were flat again and her pelt felt hot in embarrassment and her tail twitched. The anxious feeling scrabbling at her throat that she was shoving down surrounded by all the unfamiliar cats was starting to claw at her, making her voice higher and softer. She felt like she was going to clam up after this and that really wasn't going to help anyone right now. She needed to calm down.

@Moon Lily

Breezefeather stared at Daisybloom, shocked in his green eyes as he listened to her rambling. He had not meant for it to seem like he didn't want the mouse, like there was something wrong with the food she had given him. But yet as she started rambling he felt his head ramble as well as he suddenly felt guilty, the void taking the broadening opening to shove misery into his thoughts. It was his fault. Why was he afraid of mice? Why couldn't they just show that they appreciated what she had done for him. The guilt was too strong, it reminded him too much of the self-loathing time ago. He had to explain it. He had to get out of this void riddled state again, and so the light returned to his eyes and he refocused on Daisybloom. He stretched out a paw but soon realized that he would struggle moving fully. Although the tree hadn't damaged him, his head hurt and thereby he was unable to focus completely on moving his light limp. Bless Starclan that he was a light-weight. But he did manage to shuffle his paws so that he was sitting somewhat straight up. Keeping his eyes focused on Daisy he gestured to the little critter with his tail. The action exhausted him more than he was ready for but he was supported by his steady shoulders. "Eh..." He honestly had no clue how so say what he meant. How would you explain that you're afraid of a prey... "I don't eat mice... I.. I.." he was stuttering, so embarrassed and shaken by what he was about to say, "I'm.. I'm afraid... of mice." There it was, it was out for Daisy to her. It did not relieve his nervousness though because he was still afraid of what would happen. What would her reaction be to a cat who was afraid of mice? She probably never had encountered one before. "That was.. that was why I ran away from that corner when we were out for the moss... There was just... 4 heads, staring at me. And I don't know how to avoid trees... We don't have many out on the moors and they just don't stand in your way."

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old April 5th, 2020, 08:41 AM

My Mood: Lurking

Tawnyflame peeked curiously in at the cats that sheltered in the Waterbarn. She still hadn't come to greet them, and wasn't entirely sure if she was really suppposed to... but she didn't want to let any of them go hungry if they needed help hunting. They were attacked by coyotes afterall! She shiverred at the thought, not wanting to imagine the situation that had happened to Windclan at night. Her golden eyes shifted around, spotting a tom nearby and glanced in his direction.

"Hi-hi, does your clan need any help with anything? I- I just wanted to make sure you were all settled okay." She meowed cautiously, not wanting to hurt any cat's pride.

@Ombre Party
Old April 5th, 2020, 12:56 PM
here

Bump Policy: every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

@shortstack

Scorchpaw made his way to the Waterbarn, ears flicking in interest as he spotted the many long-legged cats within it, all lounging around on the hay bales. He'd come here after a training session, intent on finding out how bad off the Windclan cats were. And as he glanced around, he noticed they didn't seem to be in the best of spirits.
Scorchpaw ducked behind a hay bale, padding around the edge of the waterbarn, unsure if he was supposed to be here or not. But he was curious, plus he wanted to talk to some of the Windclanners. Maybe he could help in some way. As he was making his way behind the hay bales, he leaped up onto a small one, scanning the area before he spotted a smaller she-cat hanging around near the bottom of the haybale he was on. "Hey. How are you?" He called down to the cat, putting a friendly smile on his face.

Yewpaw

Stuck in her thoughts, Yewpaw was thoroughly startled by the new voice, sharp and clear above the rest and most certainly directed at her. She skittered a few steps backward before the words registered completely. A shaky, forced smile appeared on her face in return. 'Gotta be calm. He smells like ShadowClan and looks like an apprentice... Calm calm calm. He's not a threat. You're safe. Calm. Safe. Calm.' she thought to herself. Sheepishly, the small grey and white tabby approached to regain the distance lost in her brief panic.

"Ah, well... Could be better." she meowed, "Could be better." Her mouth was itching to run and say so much more but for fear of going overboard as per usual, she kept it shut.

Last edited by duckie; May 10th, 2020 at 03:32 PM.
Old April 5th, 2020, 01:59 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Twilightstar yawned loudly as she stepped inside the Waterbarn. It didn't seem like anything was out of place. She had switches in her side that kept bothering her and really should just go and bother Irispaw for poppy seeds. The she-cat didn't feel like it though she wanted to go home and sleep. She quickly searched around for the ShadowClan deputy. "WindClan, we're going home!" She yowled to make sure she got her cats' attention while walking over to Beastspark. She stopped in front of big tom to let out a few coughs before carrying on in her authoritative tone. "Would it be possible for your warriors to help my clanmates back to my territory?" She quickly elaborates before questions could be asked. "I visited with RiverClan, Lionstar and his clan cleared out the coyotes and we're able to return. Lionstar sent a small group of his warriors to gather the ones in ThunderClan." Twilightstar knew she should probably let her cats rest for a little longer but she didn't want to intrude any longer than necessary in ShadowClan.
@Undertaker
---
Batglare grumbled here and there at Irispaw's cheerful tone of voice. He had no idea why she seemed happy. He didn't mind it, reminded him of Elderpaw.
As Irispaw finished putting whatever it was on his shoulder, he craned his head around to sniff at the substances and then wrinkled his nose. He had a strong urge to shake the poultice off it bugged him. "Thanks," He growled, for Irispaw's help while adding. "My apprentice needs her paw looked at." She kept complaining about it and her whines were going to make his ears bleed. "Elderpaw." He raised his voice to the young she-cat and the kit playing. He could take over watching Boulderkit in the meantime. Once he was sure the she-cat was done with his shoulder, he went to stand up about the same time he spotted his leader returning to the den. Batglare hadn't noticed she had left. His facial expression twisted itself into something akin to confusion when she said they were going back to WindClan?
@implimm @Moon Lily @The Cannibal

---
Deadpool hadn't bothered moving from her place in her little corner. She was relatively calm now that she was back with her clan. The warrior was just thinking and trying to understand what was going on. She wasn't sure what but something happened to their territory and had hurt a lot of her clanmates. She felt guilty for not being around to help. It wasn't like she'd make a big difference... still, her clan was her family and she hadn't been able to do her job as a warrior. She continued to sulk silently even after her leader returned telling them they were going home.

[Wrap up your roleplays, WindClan's heading back to their territory.]
@SilentLamb @kittygirl @starshooter @Beau @:little roe deer: @The Shadow Flower @vermin @TeamRiverRipple @Skye @Slatepaw @Queenie @Fang @Wings @CheetahPelt @shortstack

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old April 5th, 2020, 02:35 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Going back home? RiverClan drove out the coyotes? Thank StarClan! Aspenbreeze wasn't about to spend another moment in this stars-awful place. Without so much as a blink, the warrior was on her toes and heading straight out of the barn. She couldn't wait to feel the breeze on her pelt again!

-Aspenbreeze has left the building!-

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old April 5th, 2020, 02:46 PM
honesty and kindness

My Mood: Angelic

deerkit's ear perked and she let out an excited gasp, she didn't bother finishing her sentence and why she was paniced, she just nuzzled cherrypaws chest and giggled, deerkit looked at the wrapped stump with a sad look but giggled a bit, "at least I look more like a deer.." she sat down and looked at twilightstar and smiled big, "I think twilightstar is the best leader ever!" she giggled to cherrypaw.
@kittygirl