Today 10:30 AM

Old July 6th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Sunset Grove

| Lightningstorm |
20 Moons - WindClan Medicine Cat
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive

There was a pause. A flicker in the calico's eyes of uncertainty as she gazed at a few sticks ahead. Rabbitpaw's question had triggered... something within her. A doubt? Sorrow? She wasn't certain, if she were to be honest. But stars she tried. She really did. The moment he questioned how she had learned to use the herb, it was as if something had attempted to drown our her thoughts. It didn't feel... natural. This strange headache that persisted the more thought she gave it. Because... she had to have had a mentor, right? She wasn't an old cat, either. Not to her knowledge. So what had happened to them? Her mentor? Had they been the one to teach her about celandine? Or had she tested the herb out herself?

No. She hadn't. She had been taught. Something in the back of her head screamed as much. She'd learned a few other herbs herself. There was a gut feeling. Not a memory. It was too blurry. More like an unfinished recount of how it had happened. But she had managed to learn how to treat raspy lungs and accidentally caused massive feelings of starvation during her search for such a herb, hadn't she? But... how? How had that happened? Why couldn't she remember? Why could she recall the facts but not the details?

Thoughts going faster than lightning through her mind, she had been dangerously close to the precipice. She could feel it. The gaping abyss that had swallowed some part of her whole and refused to let go. It wasn't until her companion spoke again that Lightningstorm managed to shake free from its iron clad grip, the calico finding herself suddenly staring not at some endless pool of dread and despair but a pair of sturdy sticks. Had she gathered these, her motions automatic as her mind felt so perilously close to loss?

Concentrating on Rabbitpaw's words took more effort than she cared to admit, blinking in confusion at him momentarily. She... knew how to speak silently? A crack of thunder boomed deep in her mind as the realization came crashing down on her. Why... yes... yes she did. How did she know how to do that? Who had taught her? How had she learned to do all of these things yet had barely a cat approach her with familiarity? She saw them in the clearing at dusk. Sharing tongues and meals. The warriors of the clans obviously formed bonds, and she must have too. For all the knowledge she possessed. So why was she so consistently alone despite this?

The confusion in her gaze turned slowly to interest as she assessed the young tom, one large ear twitching in thought. She'd been approached for a myriad of things since her reality got warped. Distorted into what it now was. Mostly for help in healing injuries - with more often than not Ears here being involved somehow, usually trying to convince the wounded felines that perhaps bleeding out without medical attention was not advised - or to gain a position as her apprentice. The latter she loathed. It was like if they were dead set on becoming her replacement already, despite her age. She didn't need an apprentice, thank you very much. Not yet. And most certainly not a cat that felt the need to introduce themselves to her as strangers... and yet that wasn't what this one wanted.

No. The Manx mix wanted to learn how to silently communicate. It was... an odd request. One she hadn't heard before. So why? Because it would be helpful? Well, she agreed, but she couldn't see most felines agreeing with her, which only coaxed her curiosity further.

"You wish to learn silent communications? Bit of an odd request, innit? Don't get me wrong now, love. I agree with you. It's definitely a helpful skill. Plus it just lets you communicate with more cats overall, don't it? Not a lot of cats seem to think so, though. Not from what I've experienced. So what led you down that little rabbit hole of thought?" she purred, whiskers twitching with mild amusement as she sorted through a few extra sticks, wanting to bring nothing but the best back, or at least the most flexible in overall use.

@Dolomedes [Rabbitpaw]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old July 7th, 2024, 06:10 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Batglare
The senior warrior pushed aside some bushes and glanced in between the branches until he found the pretty near invisible webs he was looking for. He shook the branches, scarring off the spider from the web, and collected them with a swishing wave of his tail. [+2 cobwebs]

With some webs on paw, he returned to time to see Silverfur knock the beehive free. He took some large paw steps away, ears pinned against his head as they swarmed in anger. He hissed, feeling pain erupt somewhere on his head. The warrior pinned his tail in between his legs to avoid getting stuck there and moved further from the swarm.

He wasn't happy about fetching some honeycomb, it wasn't his job to fetch any honeycomb, he was only here to supervise! However, since he could already feel the swelling behind his ears, he was already stung so... why not? Ticked off the older tom, bolted forward to grab a chunk of comb, and rapidly headed back to camp. He paused, far enough from the bees, and waited to ensure Silverfur was indeed keeping up before jogging the rest of the way back to camp. [+1 honeycomb]

@SilverFur. [Silverfur]

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old July 8th, 2024, 10:10 AM

My Mood: Queenly

@Moonraven

Silverfur would climb down from the tree hissing angrily at the additional stings she had received. Once back on firm ground she was half tempted to just leg it back to camp without any honeycomb, but then she probably get yelled at some more and sent on another patrol. She wouldn't give Crowtooth the satisfaction of telling Twilightstar she had failed a patrol.

Spotting a large leaf she would remember that Lostspark had wrapped things in leaves from the windclan battle for easier carrying. She would think wrapping sticky honeycomb and honey in a leaf would make it easier to carry, plus she wouldn't ruin her coat anymore then it needed to be. She would give the giant leafy plant a yank before running over to the smashed hive with her plant.

She was already stung in several places, so what was a few more stings? She would shake a lump of comb before putting it in the leaf, and then another. Hissing and growling she would wrap the leaf and pick it in her jaws before running back towards the camp, she had enough for bees for a few moons. [+2 honeycomb] [+1 honey]

She would follow Batglare back to camp.
Old July 9th, 2024, 12:12 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 9 | Purrks: Dreamwalker | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw waited in silence, the other seemed to be pondering his request and logically he knew that was more than fine and didn't mean much of anything but the prolonged lapse of quiet has the apprentice growing more and more nervous as the moments passed. Green eyes trailed down to the Celandine, the flower was so simple, but so powerful and helpful. It was something that could help his clan mates, the apprentice took in a breath and for some reason beyond him, something felt special about this flower. Like it was something different for him. Maybe it was because Rabbitpaw was just that, a simple cat with a desire to help. But was he even good at that? He likes to think he is. He tries to be at the very least. His blinked and gave a small 'eep' noise as the voice of his company reached his ears again and he turned his gaze to give the herbalist his full attention again. Oh...well that made sense, he supposed that it was kind of an odd thing to ask... uhhhh

"Welllllll... I mean, just think about it! Like you said it can help with communication and stuff, I've heard about how some cats can't talk, or just don't want to, and cats who can't hear very well, and if I want to help everyone as much as possible that means I got to be able to talk to them proper, yeah? And also! It can help during hunts and other times when you have to be quiet! And also..." The apprentice slowed down his passionate rant about his thought process behind wanting to learn... "...I can't deny that its also because I just like to learn...hehe, I know that's a lot less selfless, but I've always been a curious cat. I like learning about the world, it helps me be better for Windclan...but also for myself sometimes. Anyways! That was a lot more long winded than it needed to be, huh?" Rabbitpaw smiled up at the herbalist. He was happy that he got to spend time with her! They seemed to have bonded lately, ever since he shared his secret with her. Even though Rabbitpaw has felt that he's been a bit more under her paws than he should be. The calico never seemed to have minded though. The manx mix, wagging his tail, waited for the older feline to speak again. Though they should really start collecting some more celandine and sticks! Like they wanted to. As much as Miss Lightningstorm says that celandine was a bit too specific to really need a lot of, you rather too much than too less in the medical field...he thinks... that made sense yes. What did he know though, he was no medicine cat after all.
[ @Alchemist Kitsune - Lightningstorm ]
[ Sorry this is a bit shorter <33 ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
My Roleplay Tracker | My Roleplay Policies | My Roleplay Finder
Old July 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
20 Moons - WindClan Medicine Cat
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive

The medicine cat remained quiet during the apprentice's passionate speech, his admittance towards his... more selfish goals coaxing a giggle of amusement out of her. Because really... she could understand. She wanted to help everyone. A part of her felt that was why she was born. To help. To heal. She assumed this was why she had been chosen by her mentor.

But even that couldn't take away the much more selfish fact that... she simply loved learning. As of late, she'd taken a few nibbles here and there on that singular coltsfoot that had been in her den. The only herb she had no clue of when she'd searched through her stores. The only thing Lightningstorm could conclude was that she had been experimenting on her herb before... whatever it was that happened did. A smarter cat would probably have asked. Would have tried to get someone else to test it before her. It didn't kill her, thankfully. She was careful, but the fact remained that she risked getting poisoned for knowledge... and she would do it again in a heartbeat. A fact that brought about a grin to her face.

"I see," she mewed, eyes glinting as she studied the tom's face.

"Wanting to help cats and wanting to learn stuff. Seems a bit of a waste then, don't it?" she purred, turning her gaze back towards the sticks she had been assessing. Finally settling on a good, sturdy looking branch of useful width and length she continued. "To limit your knowledge to just that of silent communications."

Almond shaped eyes turned back on the tom's green, her grin growing. She didn't need one. Not really. She was still young, and barely knew any of the cats in the clan well enough to trust them with what she did know. And yet... Rabbitpaw's consistent help. His always looking out for others. He never seemed to do it for attention. For clout of any kind. He just... wanted to help, and always seemed honest about it. But there was something else about him. A level of... level headedness. An ability to discern. Sure, being kind helped in her line of work, but it was all too easy to crumble under the weight of reality. To know that a cat's life might very well be in your paws. To understand that you couldn't save them all. Because you were just a cat at the end of the day. A cat with knowledge, sure... but even that had its limits when death's mind had been made up. Something about him, however, seemed to understand this. Perhaps not fully. Not at his young age. But well enough despite it.

"I'm not going anywhere. Not anytime soon, anyways," she remarked, whiskers twitching with interest. "But you... You've proven you have a sharp eye. For those that are injured. And a level enough head to understand that some wounds are dire enough to maybe not waste time chatting about in the camp's clearing." A joke on a recent venture shared by both. "I can teach you silent communications. If that's what you want. But what would you say to something a bit more daring? A bit of a career change, if you will? You're a good tunneler. Crowtooth seems to cherish you well enough for it. And a bloody good thing too, seeing as how your new den would be underground... if you choose to take my offer.

You say you like to help others. And I believe that, I proper do. So what if... I don't just teach you silent communications? What if I take you under my wing, as it were? Teach you all I know about the art of healing? I can't promise glory. Not as my apprentice. No one will sing your praises. There will be no victory ever attributed to your strength. But you will be able to sleep well. Knowing that no matter how for or against a battle you might be, you can play your part without hurting another soul. Simply making sure that those you left with make it back home."

"You don't have to answer now, of course. Feel free to talk to Crowtooth about it if you'd like. It's not really an easy life I'm offering, after all. I mean... work aside, being my assistant might just prove to be a colossal pain the in arse. I know I am," Lightningstorm teased, giving Rabbitpaw a wink as she turned her attention back to the sticks, finding a second, smaller one to take home with her.

[+3 Celandine | +2 Stick]

@Dolomedes [Rabbitpaw]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old July 14th, 2024, 12:28 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 9 | Purrks: Dreamwalker | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw flicked an ear while Miss Lightningstorm went over what he said, giggling a bit, it made him a bit embarrassed but at the same time he's never really seen her do that before and that meant she was happy, which was worth his embarrassment. Though while she began to speak, he looked at her paws and realized that she had already collected many of the things they were out here to do, which- oh right! This was an herb patrol! Not a chatty chatty chitter box patrol! He tried not to make any verbal noise at the realization that he was very behind in collecting as it's been awhile since they've been out, hasn't it? Green eyes swept through the area, looking for any sticks, which there were plenty among the trees but he wanted to try and find the flowers first and then carry as many sticks as he can carry last, those were easier like he said.

Oh! There! The flowers were bunched up and looked just like the Celandine that Miss Lightningstorm had shown him. It was crazy that the flowers could have such an amazing power hidden within them. But he supposed that cats were the same! He gently pulled the flowers up from the ground and turned just as the herbalist finished speaking about limiting to just silent communication. That made the tunneler apprentice tilt his head a bit and slow down as he stared at the older feline for a few moments. What was she getting at? Did she have another lesson for him? Rabbitpaw felt his tail start to wag and he smiled excitedly around the flowers he was carrying. What was it that she was going to suggest. But slowly, as she kept speaking his smile dropped and his ears began to stop. He had to physically stop himself from even stepping back from the herbalist.

What. Him. Rabbitpaw. Rabbitpaw an apprentice who was cursed, Rabbitpaw who everyone he cares for dies or disappears... he what- she wasn't seriously asking him to be - Rabbitpaw!? He looked away and he dropped the flowers without really even realizing it. He couldn't help the nervous laugh that wiggled its way from his lungs. "You- Miss-" He snapped his jaws shut and looked back at the herbalist after she finished speaking. But she wasn't actually that crazy actually, but it was only after he took a few moments to think about it. He wouldn't be against the idea. But he's seen what it takes, he's seen what it has done to Miss Lightningstorm, he's heard things. And at times where Rabbitpaw has even cried to StarClan because he hadn't known the signs, that he didn't know the herbs, or techniques. His mind flashed the image of a bloody friend, no friends and family after the raid. How he wanted nothing more but to help them feel better. Not too mention, that's the reason he's done anything in his life. His striving to help.

He wanted to be an apprentice so that he could help his clan against the minks, against Riverclan. He wanted to be a tunneler because he knew he wanted to know the skills just in case they would be needed to help his clan again, like the fire and the Warren, like Flutterbug in the story. He wanted to speed through his training, the reason why he didn't take breaks, or why he literally tore his paws apart, he only wanted to help. That has been his only motivation for anything. To be a cat that anyone and everyone could fall back on and with this. As a medicine cat, that would be his entire role. He would help and he would heal. That was the job. But was it one for Rabbitpaw? "I- A medicine cat apprentice? Your apprentice? Miss Lightingstorm... I can't just- My mom and Crowtooth- my family.... Lightningpaw." He shook his head and frowned, feeling almost panicked at the prospect that was offered to him.

"...I don't know. There's so much that goes into a decision like that, I wouldn't be able to just... I need time to think, is that allowed?" He doesn't think that he could answer right now. There would be so much that would go into a decision like this. He would need to talk to Crowtooth and Mom first and foremost and then he would need to figure out his own feelings on the matter. He... wants to. The idea, its all that he's ever strived to be, to be helpful to his clan. He didn't care about making a name for himself, he didn't care about the glory, or whatever else Miss Lightningstorm said. It had never been that for him. Never. He knew there was loss. His own mom was sick and she wasn't getting any better even though she lies to him about it. If she wasn't getting better when seeing Miss Lightningstorm than... he winced, and he looked away again. "I'm sorry, I just... I need time, can I... come back to your den, after I think, after I- After I talk with mom and umm and Crowtooth. I'm sorry I just... this is so sudden I've never even... though about it being a possibility."
[ +3 Celandine ]
[ @Alchemist Kitsune - Lightningstorm ]
[ It's kind of weird roleplaying this at so many phases lol! /silly ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
My Roleplay Tracker | My Roleplay Policies | My Roleplay Finder