Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Borders

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Evenilolia's art shop!!
Last post by Evenilolia
Today 01:40 AM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Evenilolia
Today 01:39 AM
It Takes Three!
Last post by Red'fur
Today 01:14 AM
ThunderClan Undercrag
by dino.
Last post by RavensCall
Today 01:06 AM
Gossiping Kits and Friends
by Badwolf
Last post by Rose
Today 12:55 AM

Old August 12th, 2022, 06:47 AM
kinda jus lurking

Bump Policy: 4-7 days, 3 if its urgent
My Mood: Stressed

Default Re: Saltmeadow Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbiteye View Post
The rain fell harder than he had expected. His fur was drenched, and the dirt under paw was quickly turned into mud. In a matter of minutes, he was already so wet that if he threw himself into the river, he wouldn't get wetter. The river would probably be warmer than out in the rain.
Killstone broke into a run, pelting through the rain. Though his thicker fur was getting clogged with mud and slowing him down. He kept running until he reached camp. He didn't say another word to Troutstone, and just went to report the patrol.
In school from 7:45am-2:45pm EST mon-fri. weekends vary with my schedule
Not online afterschool wednesdays or thursdays (at karate the whole night)
Very active on discord (shaae_26)
I'm a 10th grader in highschool and I try to be a helpful person on site so feel free to ask me any WCO questions!
~~~~~
Pronouns are He/Him | EST Time Zone | My Birthday is March 1st. | Favorite color is purple. | About Me
~~~~~
{Jackdawkit} - {Falconkit}
~~~~~

Old August 12th, 2022, 09:48 AM
Gone is not permanent.

Bump Policy: No bumping; me gone.
My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4WKKN1GHT View Post

Killstone broke into a run, pelting through the rain. Though his thicker fur was getting clogged with mud and slowing him down. He kept running until he reached camp. He didn't say another word to Troutstone, and just went to report the patrol.
Troutstone watched Killstone go. He was already wet, and saw no point in catching up with him, he obviously did not want to talk. Besides, running was for WindClan, getting wet was for RiverClan. Not that he was used to it, he was enjoying the rain, minus it getting in his eyes and making him blink a lot.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old August 14th, 2022, 07:31 PM

|| Hornetpaw | @Naiad @Fox_Void @SpiritedWarrior @Ravenss ||

Hornet twisted his ear back to listen to Foxcall, a small frown tightening his muzzle. He ground his jaw, considering what might happen if he launched himself at Nighthawk to tussle, but ultimately rejected the urge. He doubted that Foxcall would appreciate an apprentice lashing out at a RiverClan cat without orders… regardless of how entertaining it might be. Cinderblaze had given them a mission, after all. Best they complete it.

"Yeah, 'kay," Hornetpaw answered his patrol mate, fighting to keep his terse tone somewhat respectful. It wasn't Foxcall's fault that ShadowClan's situation was less than ideal--and Foxcall, not Orchidmoon, had bothered to catch up with the frustrated boy. "Wanna lead the way? There's not much more we have to mark, right?"

No sooner had Hornet spoke those words than another RiverClanner--this one a warrior--dashed into the scene. She swooped down on the nervous coal-black apprentice, spiriting Nightpaw even deeper into their side of the landscape. Hornetpaw huffed out an exaggerated whine, tossing his head back in false disappointment. "Aw, man! I wanted to play with Nightpaw… oh well. Next time, yeah?"

The russet tom flashed one more fang-filled glare at the trembling Nightpaw and her warrior rescuer, then whipped his tail into the air to take off farther along the RiverClan border. There truly wasn't much left for him to update along the invisible fence; Hornetpaw had left both scent and claw-marks up and down the riverbank and forest undergrowth. After a few more figures of tirelessly squirming around leaves and twigs, he pinned Foxcall with fierce turquoise eyes. "So… we're done now, aren't we? Camp time?" Hornetpaw began trotting in the direction of camp regardless, unwilling to waste more time unless Foxcall had a good reason to halt him.

(ooc: Hornetpaw's next post will be to report, I'm going to visit my family for a few days)

ʙᴜsʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ | ʙᴜᴍᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ 4 ᴅᴀʏs
If you use bright colors in your posts, I will not read them ♡

Last edited by Orion; August 14th, 2022 at 07:33 PM.
Old August 14th, 2022, 08:58 PM
Dont Forget (.) in bean.

Bump Policy: TBA
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by xath View Post

Hornet twisted his ear back to listen to Foxcall, a small frown tightening his muzzle. He ground his jaw, considering what might happen if he launched himself at Nighthawk to tussle, but ultimately rejected the urge. He doubted that Foxcall would appreciate an apprentice lashing out at a RiverClan cat without orders… regardless of how entertaining it might be. Cinderblaze had given them a mission, after all. Best they complete it.

"Yeah, 'kay," Hornetpaw answered his patrol mate, fighting to keep his terse tone somewhat respectful. It wasn't Foxcall's fault that ShadowClan's situation was less than ideal--and Foxcall, not Orchidmoon, had bothered to catch up with the frustrated boy. "Wanna lead the way? There's not much more we have to mark, right?"

No sooner had Hornet spoke those words than another RiverClanner--this one a warrior--dashed into the scene. She swooped down on the nervous coal-black apprentice, spiriting Nightpaw even deeper into their side of the landscape. Hornetpaw huffed out an exaggerated whine, tossing his head back in false disappointment. "Aw, man! I wanted to play with Nightpaw… oh well. Next time, yeah?"

The russet tom flashed one more fang-filled glare at the trembling Nightpaw and her warrior rescuer, then whipped his tail into the air to take off farther along the RiverClan border. There truly wasn't much left for him to update along the invisible fence; Hornetpaw had left both scent and claw-marks up and down the riverbank and forest undergrowth. After a few more figures of tirelessly squirming around leaves and twigs, he pinned Foxcall with fierce turquoise eyes. "So… we're done now, aren't we? Camp time?" Hornetpaw began trotting in the direction of camp regardless, unwilling to waste more time unless Foxcall had a good reason to halt him.

(ooc: Hornetpaw's next post will be to report, I'm going to visit my family for a few days)

Nightpaw gave one last nervous look the ran to reedwhisker. “I dont wanna go on this side of the border anymore, they are mean” she cried “y-yeah lets go report in the patrol” she said

@SpiritedWarrior
Old August 14th, 2022, 09:47 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by xath View Post

Reedwhisker stood in silence, silently grateful Foxcall had decided to continue their patrol. The she-cat did not want to fight if she didn’t have to, though she wished the ShadowClan warriors had enough sense to stop their apprentice. They may act all high and mighty, thinking they’re better than everyone else, but they’re merciless fox-dung. she nearly told Nightpaw, but she also did not want to get in a fight and have Nightpaw leave to get help. There’s no way I’m putting her in that position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenss View Post
Nightpaw gave one last nervous look the ran to reedwhisker. “I dont wanna go on this side of the border anymore, they are mean” she cried “y-yeah lets go report in the patrol” she said

@SpiritedWarrior
Bringing her attention back to the present, Reedwhisker looked at the apprentice, giving the young cat all of her attention as if she was Nightpaw’s mentor. Obviously, she wasn’t, otherwise she would’ve gone out with the poor apprentice. Putting her tail over Nightpaw’s shoulders, Reedwhisker purred and let it radiate through her body, attempting to calm the apprentice down.

“Understandable,” she replied, giving Nightpaw her full attention, she then whispered. “You can tell me what happened in camp, okay? And I know you may not like me to do this, but I’ll be telling Snowleap and Tigerfire about this. Just in case, it’s better Snowleap knows because he might bring up the unnecessary hostility ShadowClan showed during the next Gathering.”

With not much more to say to the apprentice at the moment, she began to guide Nightpaw back to RiverClan. StarClan help us get to camp safe and keep the camp safe… I don’t want ShadowClan to surprise attack.

Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception, Agatha Kitty, Hulk SMASH, Dreamwalker)
Ravenhawk
Old August 14th, 2022, 10:12 PM
Dont Forget (.) in bean.

Bump Policy: TBA
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedWarrior View Post
Reedwhisker stood in silence, silently grateful Foxcall had decided to continue their patrol. The she-cat did not want to fight if she didn’t have to, though she wished the ShadowClan warriors had enough sense to stop their apprentice. They may act all high and mighty, thinking they’re better than everyone else, but they’re merciless fox-dung. she nearly told Nightpaw, but she also did not want to get in a fight and have Nightpaw leave to get help. There’s no way I’m putting her in that position.

Bringing her attention back to the present, Reedwhisker looked at the apprentice, giving the young cat all of her attention as if she was Nightpaw’s mentor. Obviously, she wasn’t, otherwise she would’ve gone out with the poor apprentice. Putting her tail over Nightpaw’s shoulders, Reedwhisker purred and let it radiate through her body, attempting to calm the apprentice down.

“Understandable,” she replied, giving Nightpaw her full attention, she then whispered. “You can tell me what happened in camp, okay? And I know you may not like me to do this, but I’ll be telling Snowleap and Tigerfire about this. Just in case, it’s better Snowleap knows because he might bring up the unnecessary hostility ShadowClan showed during the next Gathering.”

With not much more to say to the apprentice at the moment, she began to guide Nightpaw back to RiverClan. StarClan help us get to camp safe and keep the camp safe… I don’t want ShadowClan to surprise attack.

Nightpaw sighed as she flicked her tail “I-Its not really my fault” she said nervously “my mentor only showed me the places not the borders, and im not really good with my scent” she said as she followed reedwhisker

(Should this be moved to riverclan territory)
Old August 14th, 2022, 10:27 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenss View Post
Nightpaw sighed as she flicked her tail “I-Its not really my fault” she said nervously “my mentor only showed me the places not the borders, and im not really good with my scent” she said as she followed reedwhisker

(Should this be moved to riverclan territory)
Reedwhisker listened intently, willing to listen to the young apprentice. Her mentor hadn’t showed Nightpaw the borders? That was… interesting. And unexceptable. How many moons was Nightpaw? And she didn’t even know the borders? What was she doing out here in the first place?! She definitely had to have a talk with Tigerfire. And if Tigerfire wasn’t doing his job, then Reedwhisker would train the apprentice herself.

“I’ll speak with him when we return to camp, after you tell me what happened at the border before I arrived,” Reedwhisker promised. “Are you alright, Nightpaw?”

//Yeah, it’s probably best we do.

Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception, Agatha Kitty, Hulk SMASH, Dreamwalker)
Ravenhawk
Old August 16th, 2022, 08:06 AM
Slowly returning

Gender: Girl(???); she/they mainly, but other pronounce dont bother me either
My Mood: Hopeful

Stagfrost
@seeingstars @xath

Flickerpaw was the first one to join him, and also the one Stagfrost most wanted to come on the patrol out of the two others assigned on it, but he waited for a bit after that, and soon saw Shelltuft approaching as well. A quick, polite nod to greet the fellow warrior before Stagfrost turned to pad outside.

Shadowclan border. Hm, he wasn't too thrilled over that, but a patrol was a patrol. What he should be most focused on now was his work, but also Flickerpaw's training. The apprentice had seemed very excited once getting picked for the patrol, and Stagfrost didn't recall her mentioning ever having been placed on one before, so this would be prime experience for them, and for Birdpaw as well, since he had heard her name being called for a hunting patrol. He had yet to take her out for training, but hopefully her previous mentor had trained her good, despite whoever that was being gone now.

As they arrived at the border, Stagfrost signaled to Shelltuft to go in one direction or the border, while he led the apprentice in the other, that way he would be able to guide them properly. "Ok Flickerpaw, do you know how to mark the border properly?"

Characters:
WIP character site
[/CENTER]
Old August 16th, 2022, 07:03 PM

|| Flickerpaw | @seeingstars @Spotty ||

Flickerpaw followed Stagfrost like a magnet, short legs whirring to keep up with the warrior. Her pulse hadn't stopped thundering since their group exited RiverClan camp. Her fur fluffed so much their bright reddish undercoat was clearly visible in the sunlight, shining like threads of fire in coal. Millions of questions fought for dominance behind their teeth… they chewed each one, tasting possibilities, curiosities, things she'd always wondered but never had the audience to discuss with. What was expected of her? How could she best contribute to the patrol? What if they met ShadowClan cats along the border--or aggressive rogues? Would Flickerpaw be expected to fight? That potential scenario had the midnight kid's mouth going suddenly sandpapery; they had to swallow several times, shaking their head to clear it of blood and pain and fear. Stagfrost wouldn't force his apprentice into a situation she wasn't ready for… right? Flickerpaw was ready for ANYTHING at ALL TIMES, but even paragons of excellence had bad days. What if… today was a bad day? Stagfrost would understand, wouldn't he? He would be disappointed in Flicker for failing, right?

Abruptly lightheaded, the tiny cat nearly ran into her mentor's backside when the earthen fighter halted. Flickerpaw let out (a very dignified and mature) squeak--scrambling to correct their posture. They stood straight and firm as a tree at Stagfrost's side… muscles flexed to stop the treacherous trembles that threatened to shimmy down their limbs.

"I… of course I know h-how to mark the border! Hahaha!" The shadow-and-flame apprentice huffed out a high, fragile laugh, slapping a lopsided smile on their (definitely NOT nervous) facade. "We just… rub our scent all over the place. Make the border smell like us."

Watercolor green eyes slid sneakily toward Shelltuft's direction, observing the other warrior's actions to glean what her teammates must consider "correct" border marking. Mintleaf had never gotten around to showing Flickerpaw any borders, much less how to claim those invisible lines as RiverClan property. The process, Flicker guessed, must be fairly straightforward. On this side she breathed the perfume of home: rain and river water, rich black mire, moss and reeds. On the opposite edge of Saltmeadow Marsh… Flickerpaw sensed ShadowClan. The pungent tapestry hit her nose with murky notes of swamp plants a runny mud, mixed with a strangely clean burst of pine trees. Not horrible, but alien enough to make Flickerpaw wrinkle the bridge of their snout.

To prove that she wasn't just spitting nonsense, Flickerpaw whipped their tail into the air and set off toward a cluster of cattails growing tall at the rim of a creek--almost instantly slipping on a patch of slick mud that swiped her paws completely out from under her so that she fell into the water with a splash.

"I'm--I'm okay!"

ʙᴜsʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ | ʙᴜᴍᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ 4 ᴅᴀʏs
If you use bright colors in your posts, I will not read them ♡
Old August 17th, 2022, 03:16 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Orchidmoon wasn’t quite sure how it happened, but it seemed Foxcall had also managed to get ahead of her. Now she had two patrol members roaming around StarClan knows where. With an irritated huff, the molly scented the air. Right now, finding Hornetpaw was her priority.

It seemed the kid had a brain rattling around in his head somewhere, as she was able to track his scent to the border, where it was accompanied by Foxcall’s scent. Good, that meant the apprentice had a chaperone. It looked like the border had already been marked, so Orchidmoon going and rubbing her own scent along the plants was merely curtesy, but she did so anyway.

After marking - well, re-marking - the border, Orchidmoon decided to head back. Her two patrol mates had likely already returned to camp, and arriving to the report late would not be a good look.

“when you're with the right person, every place is a right place.”
— ocean waves, studio ghibli

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - fields of misteria