My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Galewood

*Owlpaw blepped at no one in particular* [Activity Post]

"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post~"
Old August 16th, 2023, 09:14 AM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

(This isn't my best work, but here y'all go. I was too lazy to go back and spoiler specific segments, so I just put the whole post in as a spoiler.)

~ TWISTEDPAW OF WINDCLAN ~

Small, skinny, black she-cat with a light gray belly and tail-tip; has a crooked jaw, mangled tail, and one blind eye.

Placeholder ref sheet can be viewed here.

Despite Twistedpaw's resolutions, the declaration of war rattled her to her very bones. She couldn't stop trembling. We have to fight RiverClan. I have to fight RiverClan. She swallowed hard. As usual, a trickle of drool escaped from the corner of her crooked mouth and slithered down her chin. How many cats will get hurt? How many will die? The warrior code said not to kill unless absolutely necessary, but both Beanstar and Twilightstar were out for blood. Only one of them was justified. If we're supposed to kill Beanstar, does that mean we should kill every RiverClan cat? The thought of Twistedpaw taking a life made her stomach roil. No, no, I couldn't possibly! She'd fight, but never could she kill. It's not like someone as weak and disfigured as me could get that far, anyway. For once, the thought was relieving instead of bitter.

The thoughts of bloodshed and death were pushed aside as some cats began to protest the war. Twistedpaw tensed, though her jaw went slack, hanging open disturbingly. The things some of her Clanmates were saying... How could they? she wondered, fear and horror gripping her with sharp claws. War was scary, but it was being declared for a good reason! And Twilightstar was a fantastic leader. They had to follow her. Did they doubt her? Twistedpaw felt even sicker. Twilightstar experienced how brutal Beanstar was firstpaw. That terrible stomach wound and the tears in her bloodied lilac pelt flickered through Twistedpaw's mind again. What will she think?

Thankfully, those cats were few and far between, and Twilightstar addressed them quickly. Twistedpaw was almost afraid to look at her leader and see the fury shining there, so she focused on Twilightstar's neck. She relaxed when the apprentice who had spoken out, Frostpaw, was told that Twilightstar had no intentions of going on a killing spree. We won't lay a claw on the kits, queens, elders, or medicine cats. But what about the other RiverClan warriors who would answer their leader's call? She said she only wants to kill Beanstar. Twistedpaw visibly relaxed, her breath escaping in a distorted hiss. I don't have to kill anyone. She certainly wasn't going anywhere near the new RiverClan leader. I hope I don't have to see his death. She shuddered, unable to stop herself from glancing at Bearpelt, who had settled nearby. Twistedpaw tried to hold herself higher, but to no avail. I can't let the others see how scared I am! But... Bearpelt's nice, and at least I'm not speaking out like the others... With how some of her Clanmates were acting... It was okay, surely? They already expect me to act pathetic, anyway, she thought miserably.

But the whole point was to prove them wrong, right?

Still, Twistedpaw couldn't stop herself from blurting to the queen next to her, "W-will Twilightstar k-kill Beanstar... th-the same way h-he killed h-her?" She wouldn't be that brutal... But if she wants revenge on Beanstar... Twistedpaw tried not to imagine Twilightstar ripping Beanstar's stomach out in the same brutal way. She'd be justified... But I don't want to be anywhere near them when it happens! Was that cowardly? Maybe I am a coward. Then Twistedpaw shook her head. So many other cats reacted with horror. I'm not the only one.

Still, she had to be strong.

Twistedpaw continued to listen to the meeting. Thinking about how Beanstar would lie to his Clanmates made her fur bristle with shock. How could a Clan leader lie to his Clanmates? They won't even know the truth! But, with how brutal Beanstar had acted... Something twisted in her stomach. We have to do something about it. Yet... RiverClan was being lied to. It was their leader's fault, not theirs. Twistedpaw looked at her round paws, black against the green grass. She felt sick. If their leader is lying to them... Then she shook her head. WindClan has to do this. This war is for Beanstar, not them. It's his fault. I must fight for my Clan. So why did she feel so bad for the cats who'd been lied to by their corrupted leader?

Twilightstar went on about battle training. Twistedpaw felt a little better, though her stomach still felt like it was being squeezed by sharp claws. She really needed battle training. She was four moons into her apprenticeship, for StarClan's sake!

She tensed all over again as Asterblink called Twilightstar "narrow-sighted." Her mouth went dry, and her fur stood on end. How can they say such terrible things? Twilightstar, Wolffang, Dapplebreeze, and Cloverheart were quick to rebuke them. Their words also helped Twistedpaw see a little more clearly. It doesn't matter if Beanstar is lying. If RiverClan's being fed lies, then they're dangerous. We need to... to get to Beanstar. Prove our worth to him. That's what this was, right? Revenge on Beanstar and showing WindClan's strength? Twistedpaw had to prove herself to be strong, too. A WindClan warrior even though she'd emerged into this world a disgrace. There were cats who, for some reason, believed in her, so she had to show them that she was worth believing in. The only problem was that Twistedpaw didn't know if she could convince them... or herself.

Twistedpaw relaxed when Twilightstar finally allowed herself some rest. Preaching while so severely injured must've been really, really painful. The apprentice admired her for that. Fallownose took over, promising his Clan that WindClan would prove their worth and end the war. Twistedpaw nodded despite the lump in her belly. This was what they had to do. Clans did this, didn't they? Staying peaceful when possible but fighting to prove their strength when they had to? It was a fact of life. Twistedpaw listened to the order not to go to Sedgewater Valley alone - not that she could, as an apprentice - and that apprentices were supposed to do more battle training. She hoped Batglare was at the meeting and had heard that. Her tiny ears pricked at the mention of a battle training event. She'd certainly be attending that. Hopefully, extra skills weren't required. Anxiety swirled in her gut. It would be humiliating if she showed up amongst a sea of skilled warriors and apprentices with nothing to show for it.

Two apprentices got reassigned, and another cat, Flamepaw, was becoming a warrior. Twistedpaw blinked in surprise, then smiled, happy for her denmate even though she didn't know her that well.

@Katiethewolfchild (Bearpelt) @ares (Cloverheart mention) @Alchemist Kitsune (Dapplebreeze mention) @Moonraven (Batglare mention) @Darkclaws (Firepaw mention)

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old August 16th, 2023, 09:45 AM

Status: I'm a zombie and I'm hungryyyy... Also if I have to get scolded can't it be for something I did?
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Bearpelt replied I don't think so. The young queen doubted that Twilightstar would be that brutal. She could tell the appretince was disgusted at that idea, and she understood that. She was sure that that was a brutal and likely disgusting way to kill somecat, @TheNyanCatMinecart.
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. Birdpaw has flock together tier three and bilingual tier three. Toadpaw has silver tongue. Mantiskit has agatha kitty and mind reader. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.

Last edited by Katiethewolfchild; August 16th, 2023 at 09:49 AM.
Old August 17th, 2023, 12:33 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Anger thrummed through Wolffang as thoughts of Twilightstar's injury, Beanstar's brutality, and the oncoming war raged through him like a torrential downpour. It set his amber eyes aflame, so vibrant against his medium-gray face. But none of it was directed at Cloverheart as he looked at her. He noted the twitching of her white tail-tip, a fleck of snow amongst the muddied grass and ferns, and practically felt the disdain and fury radiating from her - both because of RiverClan and him, he guessed. The tension of this whole situation made him want to tense and bush his fur out so he appeared twice his size, but he kept his pelt smooth and his muscles to a straining level that didn't make them bulge dramatically. When she nodded in response to his words, he nodded back and turned to the Galewood. He did not like that tree, but at least it served as a worthy landmark. He was also glad that Cloverheart was willing to battle train with him, though he'd already suspected it. He was her mentor, after all, and she was devoted enough to learn from him despite their troubled past. Though his inter-Clan relationships were important, nothing took up more of his attention than the oncoming war against Beanstar and his soggy fish-eaters. Wolffang's paws were muddy from how deep he'd dug them into the rain-soaked earth. The scents of rage wreathed around him. War was bloody and brutal, but it would bring the Clan together. There was no room for infighting on a battlefield.

The fire in Wolffang's blood cooled a bit as Fallownose began to talk about typical Clan matters. For a moment, it felt out of place alongside Twilightstar's grave injuries and the declaration of war against RiverClan. Then he realized that this was Clan life. Conflicts may begin and battles might rage, but that wouldn't stop the progression of ranks and the natural order of hunting and patrolling. The thought brought him some comfort. Thank StarClan we've had time to recover from the fire. Even though Wolffang missed the slide of sand beneath his broad paws and the unbroken sweep of wind across the clearing, he'd stopped waking disoriented with his surroundings, and the scents filling the air felt familiar. He'd always mourn for what the ravaging flames had taken, but... WindClan had a home now. Kits would be born here, never knowing what had been lost. The thought sent a pang of sadness through him. Life moves on and goes back to the way it was before, but it will never erase memories and stories. He knew that better than most.

Though it seemed that, for once, there were no new apprentices to be made. Wolffang blinked, his eyelids closing on deep thought and opening on concern. There were always kits ready for their ceremonies. But not now. How many kits did the fire take from us? How many queens? he wondered, a worm of a cold and unpleasant feeling slithering into his stomach. Maybe it wasn't the fire. Maybe we just don't have kits ready to be apprenticed, he thought hopefully, trying to shove away his dread. Still, the thought didn't sit easily. WindClan needed new apprentices more than ever, especially with the damage caused by the fire and the approaching war.

There was some good news, though: Only two of WindClan's current apprentices needed mentor reassignments. A relieved smile twitched on the corners of Wolffang's lips. Thank StarClan for that. It seemed WindClan's warriors were stepping up and finally not abandoning their apprentices. Maybe the fire helped the wayward ones realize their duties to their Clans. That would be one good thing that came of it, though Wolffang wouldn't stop wishing that he hadn't awoken to smoke filling his lungs and his leader's frantic call.

Briefly, he wondered how it had affected Leechscar. Wolffang doubted there was anything that could alter the disrespectful tom's mind. However, he was willing to fight for his Clan in a time of need, and that was what mattered.

Mostly.

Wolffang was distracted from those thoughts as Fallownose announced that there was a warrior ceremony. Warmth filled him from the tip of his singular notched ear to the end of his slightly shortened tail. Yes, there was good news at this meeting despite its disturbing beginning.

And the cat who was becoming a warrior...

His amber gaze fell upon a pale orange she-cat with classic tabby markings.

Firepaw.

Memories flooded into Wolffang's head: Milkpaw, now Milknose, rushing back into the smoke and flames to save his friend; Wolffang helping him find Firepaw through the stinging and burning filling their eyes, nose, and lungs; the mad dash out of camp, dodging burning greenery; the desperate wait by the river, praying to StarClan that the apprentices had made it to safety. He shook the disturbing images away and focused on the she-cat, remembering his relief when he'd seen her and Milkpaw safe and sound. He hadn't seen her much since those terrible days spent camped on RiverClan's border, then in the tunnels, but now he felt like a warm sunbeam had fallen upon his insides. Firepaw had nearly died during those terrible times, but she had overcome them and was now ready to become a warrior. His smile was full now. Thank you, StarClan, for sparing her and allowing her to finish her training. Firepaw was older than the average apprentice, but with the fire, he wasn't one to judge. She seemed enthusiastic, too, positive energy leaking from her like snow sweating in the heat. Wolffang normally preferred formality, but with everything WindClan had been through, he didn't judge her. Rather, her happiness was gratifying. It showed she was ready to serve her Clan without allowing the tragic events of this greenleaf to overwhelm her.

There was another feeling, too, besides the happiness: A sense of pride. Firepaw - and Milknose, for that matter - might not be here if Wolffang hadn't helped them. The thought was like the sun peeking behind a stormcloud, pride and dread mingling. I did what any loyal warrior - what any loyal Clanmate - would do. It was nothing to boast about, nothing to get praise or attention for. Wolffang had simply done his duty. That didn't stop the warmth and joy from swirling within him as he gazed at the apprentice, though. Serving my Clan, helping my Clanmates... It's the best feeling in the world. However, it wasn't just that. Being among my Clanmates is the best feeling, too. Living. Talking to those I hardly know or sharing tongues with friends. "Playing games" with Leopardsong, whatever that means. His Clan was both something to live and to die for. He didn't want to die, not as recklessly as when he'd sacrificed himself with the dogs - something he'd never apologize for - but he would give up his life if it meant saving the ones he loved. StarClan told me I'd live for a while yet. He wouldn't be dying anytime soon. The thought was comforting. But that didn't mean he'd be reckless. StarClan's word would be upheld if he lived his life the way he ought to - thinking through the positives and negatives, taking risks when necessary, and fighting to help his Clan.

How could Leechscar - or anyone, for that matter - live with such disloyalty? How could any Clan cat not feel the desire to protect everyone around them to the best of their ability - with their life, if it came to that?

Wolffang looked up at Fallownose as the deputy began Firepaw's warrior ceremony. He must've already listed the reassignments. Wolffang would've known if his name was called, so he didn't worry too much about it. Standing tall, his dark gray pelt like a shadow in the warm sunlight, his yellow-amber eyes glowing with authority - Fallownose almost looked like a leader. He'll be a worthy successor to Twilightstar. Though Wolffang hoped Twilightstar wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon. Whoever took her last life would find themself beneath his flashing claws.

It was a bit odd, having the deputy perform this sacred ceremony instead of the leader, but Wolffang knew it was necessary. The making of a new warrior, especially with WindClan's streak, couldn't be held off. So, he offered Firepaw a respectful dip of his head and an encouraging look, eyes shining and a smile on his face. There would be bloodshed, but WindClan would have one more warrior to face it.

@ares (Cloverheart; your post wasn't bad at all! And there's nothing wrong with short posts, either. ) @Undertaker (Leechscar mention) @Moonraven (Leopardsong mention) @Lillian (Fallownose mention) @Darkclaws (Firepaw) @Wingnettle (Milknose mention)

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old August 17th, 2023, 02:45 PM
just feel the rock

Bump Policy: 4 Days
My Mood: Paranoid

Asterblink's ears went down
a little at the scornful gazes
of the other warriors.

(Activity post!!!)

Skeleton you are my friend,
but you are made of bone.

my characters | my carrd

Old August 18th, 2023, 08:53 PM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Fallownose
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

Firepaw was quick to respond to Fallownose's call, and he allowd his muzzle to briefly quirk into an amused smile at her excitement. He had been just as excited as Firepaw when it was his turn, though he had been much more composed.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Firepaw, from this moment on you will be known as Firestorm. StarClan honors your bravery and adaptability, and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan."

Fallownose paused for a moment to allow Firestorm to take in her new name before beginning the customary chant.

"Firestorm! Firestorm!"

#wcmeeting

Old August 18th, 2023, 08:55 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

"Firestorm! Firestorm!"

help choose my new cat's clan

◺--------------◿
Old August 18th, 2023, 09:05 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian View Post

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Fallownose
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

Firepaw was quick to respond to Fallownose's call, and he allowd his muzzle to briefly quirk into an amused smile at her excitement. He had been just as excited as Firepaw when it was his turn, though he had been much more composed.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Firepaw, from this moment on you will be known as Firestorm. StarClan honors your bravery and adaptability, and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan."

Fallownose paused for a moment to allow Firestorm to take in her new name before beginning the customary chant.

"Firestorm! Firestorm!"

#wcmeeting

Featherpelt - he/him - 18 moons

---
With a gentle smile Featherpelt tried to catch the eye of the young warrior, with a somewhat 'I told you so' glint in his eyes. With a quick lash of his long tail he lifted his own voice in chant

"Firestorm! Firestorm!"

[ @Darkclaws ]

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!
Old August 18th, 2023, 09:28 PM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

" Firestorm Firestorm" shouted fireflame and scalescar

Ashclaw flattened his ears and sighed"Firestorm Firestorm!" the senior warrior shouted knowing firestorm would give him a eye the least he could do was to shout his new name

Crookedpaw watched curiously

{ #Earth }

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up

Last edited by SpiritWolf_yt; August 18th, 2023 at 09:28 PM.
Old August 18th, 2023, 10:44 PM

Status: I'm a zombie and I'm hungryyyy... Also if I have to get scolded can't it be for something I did?
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Bearpelt cheered Firestorm!
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. Birdpaw has flock together tier three and bilingual tier three. Toadpaw has silver tongue. Mantiskit has agatha kitty and mind reader. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.

Last edited by Katiethewolfchild; August 18th, 2023 at 10:45 PM.