Shell training (P!)
Last post by HerbalTea
Today 03:05 PM
Trainer Trackers
Last post by HerbalTea
Today 03:02 PM

Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM
Certified Silly

Bump Policy: ANYTIME (please my memory is fleeting)
My Mood: Adorable
Default Splashing Waves [Covepaw VA]

Splashing waves, hidden coves

This is Covepaw's VA, it deals with his reaction to Splashgaze's death. There will also be descriptions of blood and implied mental health topics, so please be aware of that before reading<3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Chapter Breakdown

Chapter 1; The Tide Rolls In

Chapter 2; Storms On The Horizon

Chapter 3; Currents Change

When this takes place; right after Splashgaze is killed, and when it ends; when they get to the Moutain Territory (settled in)

I may or may not make more chapters. I mostly wanted to make this to help with my writing but to also express a more vulnerable side of Cove. He's mostly happy and optimistic, always enthusiastic about things he likes. I've never really written a character going through grief and I feel like it might be a good thing to learn!

Quote:
Destroying things is much easier than making them.

(know that some of my characters thoughts, beliefs, and words do not reflect on mine.)

Last edited by rubberRatroom; Today at 05:53 AM.
Old Today, 05:41 AM
Certified Silly

Bump Policy: ANYTIME (please my memory is fleeting)
My Mood: Adorable
Default Re: Splashing Waves [Covepaw VA]

✧ The Tide Rolls In ✧

---------------------------------------------------

TW: This contains mentions of manipulation, repeating phrases, and blood.

Of all the things to happen, why did it have to be the worst one?

The sky a pity of colors, a howl overrang. The crimson overload was natural for the battlefield, and so were yowls. Yowls of triumph, of glory, not agony, not pain. There was nothing glorified about pain. For a moment, he had to close his eyes. RiverClan getting driven out was already enough for him. Nothing changed. Nothing changed nothing changed nothing changed nothingchangednothingchangednothingchanged...

He wailed, pushing past several cats as he collapsed next to her. This wasn't right. It wasn't right. It really wasn't right. Nothing about this was right. Covepaw's eyes stung, like dust had wedged itself into the cracks of his eyesockets. He blinked. He blinked several times over, wailing again, screech a wavering melody. An awful melody. A melody that reeked loss and sorrow. A pain he'd never quite felt. His heart twisted over and over again. It felt like it was in knots, every end like messy fur. Every end bit poking at his stomach, his eyes, his lungs. He gasped, this wasn't right. He felt like throwing up. This was awful, the smell of blood overwhelming beyond compare. All from one cat. He'd never been one for blood, maybe if it was prey it sickened him a little less. He often choked down his prey in favor of getting the blood taste over with... but this was in his mouth, in his nostrils, the pain of it in his ears. How could they? HOW could they. How could StarClan betray him after he tried so hard? After he tried his all, after he tried everything. Was this his punishment? Everything felt like a vicious attack on him.

"Splashgaze,"

Covepaw's voice cracked in several places, the occasional inhale or sob cooming through his breaks. Why? Why was it her? She didn't deserve this. But some part of him, even though he was deathly afraid of that part, was glad she was gone. From all the moons of misery she'd given him. From all the excuses and blaming. And what scared him the most is that part of him was right. he'd always wanted her gone.

He jerked his head downwards towards her flank, every part of it covered in a thick, velvety liquid. He could feel his insides churning. He cried silently, knowing it wouldn't be very great for Splashgaze's... ...to be stained with his ugly sobbing. Though his mentor wasn't really great at anything, she could hardly even get up to train him, he considered her one of the closest things to family he'd had. Along with Frozenflight, who'd gone missing long ago. Now he'd lost both of them. A bloody paw reached up to swipe his neck scruff, the blood painting his throat a nasty color. Maybe he'd fake dead beside her, prolong it for a moment longer. Dead-panned seafoam eyes looked up to meet his own. He'd never seen her look less alive. A horrified expression made itself onto his face. Everything started to feel a lot more real. The roaring battle became ringing ears, the battlefield itself became a blur of falling tears and a warriors last moments.

"Covepaw, listen, I'm sorrrryy..."

She groaned, sputtering blood before regaining her voice.

"...don't.. cheer up son, it's not the end of... o-of the wor-world."

She continued sputtering the velvet onto the ground. Everything wasn't right. He wasn't supposed to be here. He wasn't supposed to see this. This wasn't his punishment right? His eyes bugged out. Pink stained the floor below him, a growing puddle seeming to rise, trying to swallow him. It really could if it wanted to. He didn't move, he was frozen, panic making his heart hurt even worse. What was he going to do? He had nobody to guide him anymore. He was lost. How would he keep going? None of this made sense. Why would StarClan refuse him his guide? It left a bitter taste in his mouth. A side effect to constantly inhaling the metallic fumes. It was like waves were grabbing him and tossing him around. Covepaw didn't like feeling this sick, like everything he'd already determined had been lost to see. He'd been stripped of anything he'd come to terms with. A bad mentor, more than bad, awful, atrocius. He could think of a few more words to describe her but good wasn't one. How much had she gotten in his head? How many times had he stayed in the apprentice's den just a little longer to avoid training with her? Even if it excited him a bit, nothing made him feel more sick than her twisted words. Maybe his heart was already knotted. Maybe he was just finding out now. Covepaw bit down on his tongue, grumbling as the pink, thick, metallic smelling liquid came up to his throat. It was like a permanent stain, one he'd carry for the rest of his life. One he'd never get rid of. His mind paused.

Was this what grief felt like?

---------------------------------------------------

Quote:
There are four main types of breaking waves: spilling waves, plunging waves, collapsing waves, and surging waves;

(know that some of my characters thoughts, beliefs, and words do not reflect on mine.)

Last edited by rubberRatroom; Today at 07:44 AM.