Last post by furrensic
Today 02:18 AM

Old June 24th, 2024, 06:29 AM

Bump Policy: A week
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: ThunderClan Undercrag

Mallowpaw
77/100

And then Daylightwing was gone. Mallowpaw's eyes scanned the clearing for the three-legged she-cat, but she had vanished without a trace. She glanced at the camp entrance, uncertainty weighing in her chest. She couldn't go now; apprentices weren't allowed out of camp alone. It had been a rule for as long as she could remember. But if she didn't go, she would fail the patrol and be punished. It was a lose-lose situation.

A bright burst of anger flared in her chest. She had wanted to complete the patrol, to show Wolfhive and the rest of the clan that she could contribute to ThunderClan. But now she couldn't, because the warrior that was supposed to come with her had abandoned her. It was always the case. Mushroomcloud and Beetail had failed to train her, and now she was behind. Only a select few were reliable.

Tears pricked in her eyes, and she blinked them away. She couldn't break down. Desperate, Mallowpaw looked for Springlight, to tell her that Daylightwing was gone, that she couldn't finish the patrol, but she had disappeared. Mallowpaw's shoulders slumped, and she was just about to give up and cry in the apprentice den when she saw a grey pelt in the fog. Drizzlecloud.

Mallowpaw swallowed, her stomach tightening with nerves, but she had to do this. She had to do this, or- an image of Springlight scolding her appeared in her mind. She hated being scolded, she always had. In the rare times she had been as a kit, Mallowpaw would usually start crying, and she didn't think anything would be different now. So, steeling herself, she walked over to the medicine cat. "Um, excuse me," she said, trying to stop her voice from breaking. She was twelve moons, she should be able to do this without losing control. "Springlight put me on a herb patrol, but the other cat on it's gone. And I'm, um, not sure what to do."

It was then she remembered that Drizzlecloud was deaf. Mallowpaw's skills in sign language were rusty- she hadn't had to use them since Foxpaw disappeared- but she managed to hastily sign the gist of what she was saying.

@Omari

Last edited by kittycatburmise; June 24th, 2024 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Remembered Drizzlecloud was deaf and Mallowpaw would know
Old June 24th, 2024, 07:01 AM

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post

Hawkcatcher

Hearing her name being called out, the large warrior trotted over to the patrols, but frowned when she also heard one of her apprentices get assigned on the hunting patrol. Alright, well it was in the main territory, meaning no advanced techniques would be needed, but Dawnpaw had still not had her hunting lesson since Hawkcatcher had wanted to start with basic battle training and self-defence after the territory tour, but she supposed this would have to do as the first hunting lesson.

She found her apprentice quickly in the crowd, and since Acorntuft hadn't shown up yet, she turned to Dawnpaw to take advantage of the moment before they headed out. "Well, it will be a different kind of hunting lesson for you, at least the basics. When stalking prey, you should crouch down like so." She demonstrated. "Make sure you get low enough to not be seen, and engage your hip and shoulders so that you're able to move your paws despite being so close to the ground. Make sure you muzzle, belly, or tail doesn't brush against anything to alert the prey of where you are, and watch your step since a dry twig snapping under your paw will most certainly give you away."

Dawnpaw dropped into a hunting crouch like she used to do when playing mossball herself n kept her tail n belly off the ground and used her hips n shoulders to lightly move forward.

Snowstripe- RC Featherspirit-RC ~ ~ Lightpaw {Sunshine}- WC Leopardfire- WC

Old June 24th, 2024, 03:42 PM
kitty of stars

Bump Policy: ALL THE TIME
My Mood: Lurking

ACORNTUFT
// TC // Warrior // She/Her // 28 Moons //
// Aphrodite Giant Khao Manee mix //

Acorntuft stumbled out of the warriors’ den, her eyes bleary and her orange and white fur ruffled. She yawned and made her way over—her brain a muddled mess. “Mph. Sorry. I slept in.” she murmered to her patrolmates. “I’m awake… I’m awake…” she mulmbled. “I’ll be fine when… when we get out on he territory. Trust… me.”

[ @Silverfur & Co — Dawnpaw // @Luminous — Hawkcatcher ]

Rose dropped a bucket of appreciation here, oops!

Snowyfeathr, Myling, and Desert Rain Frog all live here. (they get wifi, books, snacks, treats, and all the awesome things)

Last edited by constellation; June 24th, 2024 at 03:45 PM.
Old June 24th, 2024, 05:53 PM

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by constellation View Post
ACORNTUFT
// TC // Warrior // She/Her // 28 Moons //
// Aphrodite Giant Khao Manee mix //

Acorntuft stumbled out of the warriors’ den, her eyes bleary and her orange and white fur ruffled. She yawned and made her way over—her brain a muddled mess. “Mph. Sorry. I slept in.” she murmered to her patrolmates. “I’m awake… I’m awake…” she mulmbled. “I’ll be fine when… when we get out on he territory. Trust… me.”

[ @Silverfur & Co — Dawnpaw // @Luminous — Hawkcatcher ]

Dawnpaw nods and purs softly "it's okay we all sleep in sometimes.... I almost did earlier. " She said trying to make acorntuft feel better

Snowstripe- RC Featherspirit-RC ~ ~ Lightpaw {Sunshine}- WC Leopardfire- WC

Old Yesterday, 08:36 AM

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Yeehaw

◢◣ RAGGEDEAR | 29 MOONS | HE/HIM ◢◣
fluffy, russet tom with yellow eyes, torn left ear, & black paw tips
header by @/burntToast

꧁꧂

Raggedear started as Spiderthroat called him for patrol, scrambling away from his patch of sunlight as he sauntered up to the deputy. ”Ready!” He mewed cheerfully with a wave of his tail, glancing around for his apprentice as she was called as well. The warrior licked his lips at the mention of hunting. ”I hope we catch some voles.” He said longingly. They were his favorite, but of course feeding the Clan came first.

[ @Starfall | @chrysanthemum.petals ]

pixelgifs by @/SnowheartTC
FORMERLY LEOPARDHEART00