Default Nyan's Yew Bush

"Mm, berries! What you mean, I can't eat them?"

BASICS

Current Name: Yewkit

Past Name(s): N/A

Future Name(s): TBD

Nickname(s): TBD

Reason for Name(s):

Yewkit: She didn't receive her name until she was one moon old because her parents were too exhausted and distracted by their mission to find a suitable home. Dawnstar, the ShadowClan leader, named her Yewkit for two reasons. The first was her striking scarlet pelt, similar to the shade of a deathberry. The second was that she was found near a yew bush next to her parents, who had consumed the poisonous fruit.

Sexual Orientation: TBD

Age (in moons): 1

RESIDENTIAL INFORMATION

Current Affiliation: ShadowClan

Past Affiliation(s): Rogue

Future Affiliation(s): TBD

Current Rank: Kit

Past Rank(s): N/A

Future Rank(s): TBD

Mentor(s): TBD

Apprentice(s): TBD

PHYSICAL TRAITS

IMPORTANT NOTE: She can no longer be described as scarlet due to the site rules, so I'm changing her description.

Body Type:

Yewkit has the "substantial" body type. She is absolutely massive. Her father had some Maine Coon and Norwegian Forest Cat blood, which got passed onto her. She towers over most of the other kits. On top of this, she has a heavy, stocky build. Her head, chest, shoulders, and paws are broader than average and will continue to expand as she gets older. Due to her rough early kithood, she's underfed; however, after spending some time in ShadowClan, she'll show that she has quite the appetite and grow rather plump.

Fur Type: Yewkit's fur is unusually long, thick, and fluffy. With proper grooming, it'll flow nicely and become soft; however, it's a pain to manage, and there are constantly rough, matted spots that get covered in mud and debris. She has tufted ears and a spiky mane that sticks upwards.

Fur Coloring: She has a rich, deep, fiery russet base, similar to that of a Somali cat (example 1, example 2). Dark, rich colorpoints that gradually fade into her base coat decorate her body. What this means is that the center of her face, the tips of her ears, the bottoms of her legs, and the upper part of her tail are the darkest; then they fade.

Eye Details: She has round eyes.

Eye Coloring: Her eyes are a fiery shade of amber.

Scars/Deformities: Her paw pads are scarred from walking on rough terrain as a young kit.

Other: Her skin is berry-pink.

Image(s): All artwork of Yewkit can be found here. Her official ref can be found here.

Voice: Quite deep for one her age, but smooth, not gravelly. It also isn't as deep as it will be when she's older.

Gait: As a large, heavy cat, she's not elegant. At all. She totters and makes quite a bit of noise.

Scent: Currently, she reeks of mud, carrion, and various types of trees. However, after spending time in ShadowClan, she'll carry their scent and smell more prominently of mud and pine sap.

Diseases/Conditions: N/A

The following will be ranked out of 10.

1/10 - The lowest score. Absolutely terrible at this skill. Has no knowledge of it.

5/10 - The "middle score." Not bad, but not good. Mediocre.

10/10 - The highest score. Mastered this skill entirely. Practically perfect.

Coordination: 1/10. As mentioned before, she is large and heavy and barely knows how to move her body properly. She can barely walk in a straight line.

Reflexes: 3/10. Very slow and underdeveloped, but there's something there.

Strength: 5/10. She's no match for anyone older than six moons, of course, but she's unusually resilient and physically strong. She packs quite a punch, can move things unexpected for one her age, and tolerates pain better than most.

PERSONALITY

Detailed Description:

This is still a major WIP, as I want Yewkit's personality to develop over the course of RP.

Yewkit is one to go with the flow. She's spent the entirety of her short life listening to others and letting them guide her. She finds little fault in it. After all, what is life without a preset path, one laid out by those both strange and trusted? For she is one to trust easily. Cats randomly appear in her life and shape it in ways she can't predict. So there's no use in trying to guess what comes next or question these strange felines. Just follow along. As simple as that. Unfortunately, this leaves her open to manipulation. She is a mold waiting to be shaped, a field ready to be sowed with seeds that will blossom into someone created by others...

Despite this, she has considerable mental strength. She isn't one to break or fold easily. Determination pushes her through the toughest of times and the worst of losses. Youthful ignorance also plays a role, but regardless, Yewkit is not one to dwell on things and be stuck in the past. She's always moving forward and pushing ahead, ready to greet a glorious new day. Yewkit also craves praise and affirmation from others and will do nearly anything to prove her value to them.

Traits: Adaptable, compliant, trusting, determined, attention-seeking

Character Development: TBD

Mental Age: 1 moon

Psychiatric Complications: N/A

Phobias: Thalassophobia (fear of drowning), cleithrophobia (fear of being trapped), TBD

The following will be ranked out of 10.

Sociability: 6/10. Yewkit is very outgoing and willing to talk! However, she's young, so her speech is stilted, and she doesn't have many conversation topics readily available.

Outlook (1 = very negative, 10 = very positive): 8/10. She knows that life can be tough, and she's sure to learn many other lessons during her time with ShadowClan. However, no matter what, Yewkit is always willing to move forward, and she looks forward to her life!

Responsibility: 8/10. She takes the tasks she's given very seriously. She's not perfect - no one is, especially not a kit - but her responsibility is impressive for one her age. It's not just in completing tasks, either - she's honest and will admit any wrongdoings. But how long will telling the truth last?

Cleanliness: 4/10. She tries, she really does, but it's difficult to keep her fur clean. During her time as a rogue, it was a mess. Now it's better, but she still has some messy spots.

Generosity: 6/10. Yewkit is usually open to sharing, but she'll hoard food. She wants her own piece of fresh-kill! Make that two! However, she'll happily share a nest or a moss-ball.

Manners: 3/10. She has very little social awareness and is prone to making insensitive comments and asking silly questions.

Bravery: 8/10. Some things scare her, but Yewkit isn't afraid of new things. In fact, she eagerly awaits them.

More Logical or Emotional: TBD

Favorite Season: Greenleaf. It's the only season she knows.

Favorite Food: Mice! Fresh, juicy mice!

Favorite Word: You. It sounds like her name, which is funny!

Favorite Sound: Birds singing in the morning.

Greatest Hope: To be the most loved ShadowClan warrior EVER!!!

Greatest Strength: Her physical strength. Her ability to keep moving forward is also a great attribute.

Greatest Weakness: Her clumsiness. Her current lack of morals and willingness to let others control her is also a great flaw.

Worst Nightmare: Drowning in the mud.

Deepest Darkest Secret: She wants to know what it's like to kill an animal and watch the life leave its eyes. Where does its soul go? What does it feel like, having that power over life and death? And does that make eating it awkward?

Most Treasured Memory: Mama Cheeto and Papa Lion calling her strong.

Quirks:
- When she walks, she totters from side to side, seemingly unable to walk in a straight line.
- Currently, her vocabulary and grammar are limited, which makes for some awkward and stilted speech.
- Due to food insecurity, she hoards prey and often eats more than she needs, leading to tummy aches. She's willing to share anything else... just not her food.

Theme Song(s): TBD

INTERPERSONAL CONNECTIONS

Mother(s): Cheeto (biological, RPed by me)

Father(s): Lion (biological, RPed by me)

Sibling(s): One unnamed she-kit and one unnamed tom-kit (both biological and from the same litter, RPed by me)

Best Friend(s): TBD

Friend(s): TBD

Enemy(ies): TBD

Crush(es): TBD

Significant Other(s): TBD

Offspring: TBD

RELATIONS

POSITIVE

Cheeto: "Mama says me strong all the time! Me love it. Want food, but no milk... when milk? Last me see her, she resting. When she awake? When visit?"

Yewkit loves her mother and is unaware that she is dead and that she will probably never see her again.

Lion: "Papa big! Papa strong! Me wanna be like Papa! He live wild. Cool! Me wanna live wild! Makes pr... big word... pr-aw-miss that not keep. But it okay! Love Papa! When awake? When visit?"

Yewkit loves her father and is unaware that he is dead and that she will probably never see him again.

NEUTRAL

Unnamed siblings: "Were there, then gone. Dunno. Keep walk."

Yewkit barely remembers her siblings. She just knows that one day, they were there, and the next, they were gone. She doesn't question it. Instead, she just moves forward like she's grown accustomed to doing.

NEGATIVE

TBD

BACKGROUND

Place of Birth: A deciduous forest not far from Clan territories.

Date of Birth: June 30th, 2024

Beliefs: She has not yet been taught about any kind of afterlife. She understands that prey dies, but doesn't think that their spirits go anywhere. As for cats, she associates the word "death" with "gone" - as in, gone to another place, but still in this world. Someone will have to teach her...

Backstory:

KITHOOD

Yewkit was born in a forest not far from a Twolegplace. Her mother, Cheeto, had been convinced by her mate, Lion, to leave her Twolegs so her kits wouldn't be taken by them. Lion had been born wild and wanted to raise his kits that way. It was a rough life, trekking through dangerous terrain as soon as Yewkit could put one paw in front of the other. She suffered hunger and constant uncertainty. However, she soon realized that there was no point in questioning her life - where they were going, how long it would take. Sure, she focused on the near things - when they'd stop for food and rest - but these were all controlled by her parents. She had no say in them. So, she learned not to complain so as not to bother her stressed parents and believed that she just had to keep moving and things would work out. Her life wasn't governed by her; she should just move along with it. Easy for a simple-minded kit. Besides, it made her so happy when her parents praised her for her strength!

Her siblings died when she was barely half a moon old. She doesn't remember much about them. Her parents said that they died, but to Yewkit, that just meant they'd gone somewhere else. Besides, why did it matter? She just had to keep moving. She was not in control of her own life, after all.

Then they stumbled into ShadowClan territory and entered Darkwater Mire. Her starving parents ate yew berries, falsely believing that they would stave off their hunger. Yewkit almost did the same but was stopped by Rookfire and his patrol, which consisted of Adderpaw and Mistlewhisker. A confused and hungry Yewkit was grabbed by Rookfire and carted off to ShadowClan, unsure of this new world that awaited her. But why stress about it? It's just another life change. Keep moving forward...

OTHER

Creation Date: July 30th, 2024

First Post: July 30th, 2024

Purrk(s): Just a Scratch, Rapid Recovery, planning to get Beefed Up Tier 3

Trivia:
- She was created so I could have a fresh, original character completely made by me with family members whose fates I could control.
- Yewkit used to be scarlet, but was changed to comply with WCO's rules. An album containing old artwork of her can be viewed here.
- More coming soon!

Want a short story written for you? Click this link!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; September 7th, 2024 at 07:36 PM.