Rp finder
Last post by Ghost of Red
Today 04:13 AM

Old August 14th, 2024, 12:38 PM
i bite sometimes ♡

Bump Policy: 1 week // 72 hours ( 3 days ) if time sensitive
My Mood: Angelic

Default Paradise Park

Note: This is a public thread, open to everyone who wishes to use it.

Nestled between a verdant lake which is oftentimes filled with water fowl and lilly pads and a slice of preserved forest its a paradise amougst the hustle and bustle of the metropolitan suburban landscapes. Know for both lush walking trails and its hosting of a splash pad, playground, and artistic elements its a must for twoleg families… just beware of the dogs that frequent there too.

౨Mossfreckle is Shadowclan’s Medicine Catৎ

it is not a fate cast in the stars, it is a calling written in blood and etched in bone

ShadowClan Healing // ShadowClan Herb Storage // Mossfreckle’s Tracker
Old August 31st, 2024, 01:46 PM
floyd leech my beloved

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Paradise Park

HOLLOW
he/it. ?? moons. heavily scarred, lanky black tabby with white markings and one pale golden eye
[ no purrks ]

it isn't often that hollow leaves it's personal sanctuary just for the fun of it, but it's curiosity got the best of it tonight and now it's found himself wandering near the edge of lake. a beautiful place, really. one could even call it relaxing, if it weren't for the noisy nuisances that plagued the dens around it. even now, with the lakes surface mirroring the reflection of the night sky – an otherwise silent night – there's an incessant yowling in the distance from twolegs.

then there's a loud SKSHHH-POP! it's such a loud noise that it even startles hollow, it's pelt bristling as it's gaze darts around. there's nothing near him making such a horrid noise, so it cannot be an animal. then he looks up to the sky, and grimaces at the sight splayed before him.

there's a plethora of colors in the sky, fizzing out like the last remains of a fire with tiny 'pops'. there's another loud bang, then more colors exploding in the sky. how disturbing, it thinks in regards to the confusing situation. shaking its head, the tabby swiftly turns and makes its exit.

[ #dingo2024 ]

artfight | characters | rp tracker/finder

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

sunday
he/him | kittypet

Ohhh Sunday's housefolk were probably gonna lock him up for a moon. They had slowly been granting him more and more freedom outside of the house, letting him out into the garden a couple of times a week now that he was older and a little more capable of keeping himself safe. Still, he got the idea that they were skittish about it, quick to pull him back into the house should he be out for too long.

This was by far the farthest Sunday had been from his garden, but he was feeling adventurous today and was pretty impartial to whatever consequences he may suffer when he returned home. If he returned home? No, he wasn't that bold. Not yet at least.

The area was so strange, full of foreign objects that Sunday had yet to see. There was what had to be the world's largest puddle - maybe a lake? He recalled his mother talking about large bodies of water. Not that he was going anywhere near it. Another patch of land sat a few tree-lengths away, sporadically spouting up streams of water. What intrigued Sunday the most, though, was the cluster of trees in the park. A forest - or at least, a version of one.

The tabby made a beeline for trees, sticking loosely to the dirt path winding through it but wandering off if something caught his attention. There were trees in his neighborhood, but not this many or this large. He wondered if he could climb one. He found one with many branches - that would probably be easier to climb, right? He took a seat near its base, studying it. If he did try to climb this thing he was going to make sure he did it as best as possible his first time.

[ open! ]

“when you're with the right person, every place is a right place.”
— ocean waves, studio ghibli

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - fields of misteria

Last edited by beau; Yesterday at 04:34 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Snowdrop
[ ~5 moons | She / Her | Kittypet ]

So much had changed, and Snowdrop wasn't sure if she still was the same. The fire that ran rampant through her neighbourhood had taken more than she could ever believe, had taken more than could ever be restored. Sometime had passed since then, and mama had explained how the twolegs were rebuilding some of their broken dens, retrieving elements they had lost that fateful day while they hid out in papa's healing den. But no matter how papa tried, he couldn't save her. Forever afflicted with ugly lacerations across her face, burns on her paw pads and the dull look in glazed over eyes.

The white and grey-pelted molly often found herself sitting near the opening of papa's den. Cousin Eaglepaw had been able to survive her injuries; the opening by her mouth evident, and the struggle to speak she still recalled from the time they met. She wondered if it'd gotten better yet, Snowdrop had been too distracted to notice. Papa and mama said she could over come this obstacle too, and she wanted to believe it - rather desperately, in fact, but she didn't feel like she could. Forever tainted, forever broken. How would she ever walk the world as before again?

...She knew she was making everything much worse than it was. There were cats with the same affliction in the former home papa called 'clans' - she wasn't the only one. And, even now, Snowdrop was able to travel across the park she knew so well with relative ease, she supposed; perhaps it was he youthfulness of her age that made this young one feel sorry for herself, perhaps --
She paused. A sound rung in the canals of her ears, paw steps moving across the ground in the tell-tale sign that either some other cat had found their way inside, or a miniature dog.

Her nose wiggled, mildly intrigued yet cautious all the same; she didn't often encounter strangers, no matter how common they were within the park. But Snowdrop was fairly certain that she could tell the difference between a young cat such as herself, or a small dog keen on chasing her across the grounds. What could bring this feline here? The answer was obvious, to be fair. A park was an open space for all, but the white tinted feline couldn't help but drawl out here pace and listen in on anything this feline might say, uttering a small few words when nothing of note seemed to ring.
"Hello...?"

[ @beau ]

Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM
watermeon

sunday
he/him | kittypet

Sunday's ear twitched at the sound of pawsteps behind him, and he turned to find another kittypet, perhaps a tad younger than him. He didn't often meet new cats as they seldom ventured into his garden, and if they did there was a 50/50 chance that he'd actually be outside as well.

"Oh! Hello," he greeted with a flick of his tail. He turned back to the tree, peering up at the branches, then looked back at the newcomer. "Do you know how to climb trees?" Perhaps he could get some advice if she did. If she didn't that would be fine too, two heads were still better than one. Though that didn't take into account that maybe she didn't even want to try and figure out tree climbing.

Maybe they'd just have a nice conversation instead. His mother had said that was the best way you could spend your time - talking with a kindred spirit. He didn't know what a kindred spirit was, but he had the talking part down pretty solid.

[ @Estelle ]

profile image credits:

Last edited by beau; Yesterday at 04:20 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Snowdrop
[ ~5 moons | She / Her | Kittypet ]

It seemed her instincts had been right, when a chipper tone responded to her greeting in kind. He didn't sound munch older than herself, though tones could be deceiving, something inclined her to believe her judgement was on point. And while all the warnings of Stranger Danger should be ringing in her mind, Snowdrop couldn't help but remain put, within this stranger's area. Truthfully, she was unsure how to proceed with this conversation; her eagerness to converse had much diminished since her incident, but evidently this stranger had that covered. He asked her if she knew how to climb trees, and for a moment, she felt baffled, portrayed in her stunned silence.

"...No."
Snowdrop responded flatly, yet more disappointed than she had thought. How could she climb trees, if she could not even see the tree? Papa never taught her before either, nor mama, she didn't even know if they could climb. And in that regard Sunday's question was plain stupid. How could he ask her of all cats if she could climb? Had she been younger, sure, but now? Either this fellow kittypet was slow, or blind himself.

...But something intrigued her about it. If he couldn't tell, then what was stopping her from pretending her truth was, in fact, not true? She stepped closer - however closer she could, judging by the air around her silky pelt and the distance his voice had come from, steps careful.
"But we can try. Unless you know how?"
She offered, quietly, gaze seemingly focused ahead on what assumed had to be a tree in their vicinity. She knew this errand had to be a lost cause, at least for her, even before they began. But yet, a part of her wanted to try. If she didn't, how would she ever know for certain?

[ @beau ]

Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM
watermeon

sunday
he/him | kittypet

Ah, no such luck it would seem. Well, that was alright - he had a functional brain that was perfectly capable of figuring things out, surely tree climbing couldn't be that hard. He thought that would be that and the two would move on, but to his surprise the other kittypet spoke up again.

This time we he faced her, his focus was removed enough from the tree to actually process her appearance. She looked... hurt. But that wasn't that strange, was it? He saw strays around his neighborhood often with all sorts of scars. Maybe she was a stray and a twoleg picked her up?? Oh! Or maybe she was one of those forest cats - his mother told him all about the cool scars they got living in the wild. Either way, she looked like a kittypet now and he was too lasered in on her offer to try tree-climbing to pursue that train of thought. Instead he filed it away for later contemplation.

"Hmm... no, I don't know how to climb trees. But I do bet we can figure it out!" The tree in question had enough low-hanging branches that he was pretty sure it wouldn't be too dangerous if they fell. "We just use our claws to climb up, I think? And we could take breaks on the branches probably." Given that the branches could support their weight at least... he'd cross that bridge when he got to it.

[ @Estelle ]

profile image credits: