Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Roleplaying (OOC) > Character Resources

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Warriors' Den
by dino.
Last post by Omari
Today 09:22 AM
ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 09:21 AM
Earlie Birdie [ Owl Patrol...
by dino.
Last post by twizzypaw
Today 09:19 AM
Ace's Art Shop
Last post by goodacacia
Today 09:10 AM

Old July 23rd, 2024, 09:17 PM
it's not a phase

Bump Policy: please do it like every 24ish hours, or earlier idrm
My Mood: Kingly
Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat Apprentice Applications

POSTING SCHEDULE (roughly)
Monday - WC | Tuesday - THC | Wednesday - RC | Thursday - SHC | Friday/Sat/Sun - Catchup |

Please know that this is general and some posts may come early or late!

leopard. trampled this place with cats | Rat(e)piales launches rats onto this sig |
Rose side-eyed the cats and rats. Was she here because her name was Kat? | oakcrane graffitis "oakcrane wuz here" everywhere | pinto bean tells a hampter to walk all over your keyboard | Myling un-un-un-unevaporates here, sees the cats and rats, unmanifests, snatches some birbs, reappears and adds them to the pile | Snowheart promptly dumps a huge pile of snow on top of the cats, rats, hampters, and birbs. (and everything else), but they survive |

Last edited by phantom; July 23rd, 2024 at 09:17 PM.
Old July 24th, 2024, 11:58 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

ThunderClan Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat Apprentice Applications

A loner came your way many moons ago. His coat was cut in two. His heart, too.
Stranger, what are your halves made of?

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has a semi-closed den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old July 25th, 2024, 12:28 PM
Adderstrike, my darling..

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Placeholder
Old July 25th, 2024, 12:53 PM
your loveliest nightmare

Bump Policy: 4 days
My Mood: Asleep

placy holdy

bump policy - 3 days
character bios | finder
Old Today, 06:54 AM

Bump Policy: A week
My Mood: Lurking

In the forest, you find a book, nestled between the roots of a tree and half-hidden by grass. Its plain brown cover blends into the landscape; slightly darker spots are the memories of rain that once fell on it. Something about it tells you its been here a long time. Do you pick it up?

The book smells of mildew, but once you open it the pleasant scent of paper that wafts towards you indicates this is one of the first times it has been read. The first page contains a pressed pink-purple flower. A mallow, maybe? A glance at the words written in sweeping cursive below it confirms your suspicions.

Mallowpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Application

The next four pages are filled with writing. Beyond that, they are blank- stories not yet written.

Who is Mallowpaw?

Basics
Fur length: short
Fur colour: blue-grey
Markings: white chin and toes
Eye colour: green
Hight: slightly shorter than average
Body type: average build, not much muscle

+ Loyal, polite, empathetic, inquisitive
= Reserved, emotional
- Insecure, judgemental, anxious, bitter

Activity
Mallowpaw is fairly active. She has participated in 10 events (including the ones that never got past recruiting cats), three gatherings and several clan meetings. She may not seem the most active due to being reclusive, but if there's an important event, Mallowpaw will most likely be there.

Trustworthiness
Mallowpaw always has been and always will be a rule-follower. She never defies her superiors or acts out against the clan, and this trait won't change. Earlier, her obedience was less from actual loyalty than fear of getting punished, but now she is starting to developing devotion to ThunderClan for herself.

Authority
Mallowpaw will struggle with this at first, and it will never be her forte, but she will learn in time how to step up and take charge. For things like dealing punishments for failed herb patrols, spite may play a role in it, especially if an apprentice couldn't complete a patrol because their patrolmates left them (something she experienced once herself, and she holds a grudge).

Communication
Again, something she will struggle with at first, but Mallowpaw will eventually learn that the high ranks won't mind her bothering them and start reporting things more.

Why does Mallowpaw want to become MCA?

Mallowpaw started her apprenticeship wanting to be the best, but between being undertrained and not naturally being the best at any of the skills required to become a warrior, she has fallen behind the other apprentices. A lot. Despite being thirteen moons, she still has a fair way to go in her training, mainly in battle. It has become a major insecurity for her.

Mallowpaw's interest in herbs was discovered when Drizzlecloud and Springlight hosted a herb event. She found learning about herbs to be interesting, and unlike her regular training, she found it calming. She has more brains than brawns, so that type of training appeals to her.

Mallowpaw is also a pacifist, something she discovered after a couple of executions early in her apprenticeship. She has never wanted to fight, and still dreads the day when she will be thrust into battle. Becoming MCA will allow her to help the clan without causing bloodshed.

Roleplaying examples

I've tried to display my full range of post length and quality, including the posts that I'm proud of and some more causal/not so great posts. These are all fairly recent, as my writing has improved over the time I've been here and will likely continue to improve.

x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x

OOC

Hello, its kittycatburmise here! I'm trying my hand at applying for MCA. I haven't had a high rank, and this is my first time applying for one. Here are some facts about me:
  • I try to be on WCO most days.
  • I do not have discord, but my VMs and PMs are always open!
  • I'm not sure of my exact boundaries yet, but I'm okay with pretty much everything. I'm yet to encounter anything I'm not okay with reading.
  • I have school, so that might limit my activity sometimes and I may need to take breaks to focus on it.

Reviews

"God, this little cat has my whole heart. Kittycat writes her insecurities and anxieties very well and I adore roleplaying with her. Having her struggle with physical activity since she's undertrained is also a neat quirk I haven't seen before, and I'm excited to see how they develop her!" -BEAR., COTM nomination

VM me to leave a review!

You start to walk away, but the image of the book's weathered cover flashes in your mind, hidden away between the roots of the tree. Almost like it's decomposing there. A piece of history, lost to the forces of nature that want to return it to the dirt. Shoving the thoughts away, you continue walking. Someone had probably lost it; they would find it soon enough. Maybe. Either way, you shouldn't pry.

But still, regret lingers in the back of your mind for the rest of the day.