Last post by twizzypaw
Today 09:39 PM

Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Default Re: WindClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedWyvern View Post

Who do you think my mentor could be?” asked Ashkit. He also kept his voice down, because he didn’t want to wake up the other kits. Sometimes, all you needed was one or two kits to make up most of the others, and Ashkit didn’t want to do that.

Ashkit nodded. He’d come here as much as he could, and hoped it meant at least three times per week. “Will the training be hard?” He asked. The kit wondered if the things he would learn would be the same with the few basics he had learned as an outsider.

A thought popped into Ashkit’s mind. “Leopardsong, how did you end up as a queen? Did you follow the apprentice training that I will do too?” Maybe there existed another training that Leopardsong had forgotten to mention when she talked about ranks a few weeks ago.“I’ll become a warrior after being an apprentice, right?” asked the kit. He wanted to make sure that he wouldn’t end up as a medicine cat or some other rank.

{ @Moonraven - Leopardsong - I posted the ceremony request Also, I forgot to mention that in my post, but Ashkit wants to be a Warrior apprentice ^^}

"Your mentor, I can't say for sure. Twilightstar will decide but I'm sure they'll be a great warrior." Leopardsong's never been picky about mentors for her kits. She trusted Twilightstar to pick out good cats and if not they could always be reassigned. The WindClan leader's been doing this for a long time and Leopardsong didn't think it was her place to demand certain cats train the kits.

"Train will probably start as difficult, but you'll be used to it quickly. You'll be sore for a little as you build up muscle and get used to all the work expected of you, but it'll be rewarding in the long run." Leopardsong told him.

"Yes, I went through the same training you did and served as a WindClan warrior for some time. Twilightstar decided I was a better fit as a forever queen than a warrior since I was pretty good with kits. I'm quite happy where I am right now." It wasn't the full story, but summed up how she got into her current rank.

"Oh, yes, you'll be a warrior once you finish training. All cats become warriors once their training is complete unless StarClan decides to guide your paws to a different path, like Rabbitpaw. But you don't have to worry about that, Clans normally have only two medicine cats at a time. I doubt Lightingstorm will be looking for a new medicine cat soon." She chuckled softly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daragca View Post

Cottonkit
he/him | Windclan Kit | 6 moons
The Collector
The Stowaway Child
Cottonkit found himself bumbling into the nursery as usual, a long day of play and chasing his nonexistent tail. His paw’s felt tired, he wasn’t quite sure what to make of his earlier conversation with Maggotpaw. They sure didn’t like being an apprentice, it made him even more anxious than before. But of course Cottonkit always had to look on the brighter side of life, what he needed now was a soft bed to curl up in, surrounded by his closest friends. The closest thing to family actually.

He was still small, he hadn’t seemed to have caught up with the rest of the kits his age, still a few whisker lengths behind. What he needed right now was Leopardsong, mama. He really hadn’t spent enough time with her recently and now began to realise time was slowly moving forward with or without him. Promising himself to make more time for lovely mama, she’d know exactly what to say to quell his worries. Perhaps it had been a little dim to approach the ever so prickly Maggotpaw, they seemed entirely different now.

”Mama?” Cottonkit quizzically tipped his head to one side, trying to survey where she was amongst the piles of sleepy hushed kittens. Leopardsong wasn’t his real mama of course, but that made no difference to him. He’d always call her mama.

Out of all of them she was his favourite, maybe Twilightstar came second best. Cottonkit always oogled at her awesome scars, he’d never seen another quite so cool. But his friends were just the best, Whistlekit and Sedgekit.

Oh how tough it is, to be a young kit growing up.

[​​ @Moonraven ]

"Cottonkit!" Leopardsong purred softly as she spotted the white kit. He was usually out exploring or making friends, so their time together was little. But who was she to stand in the way of his growth and friendship? The absence merely made her grow fonder of the kit.

"Come, come," The queen called the kit over to her nest with a flicker of her tail. "Where you've been?" She asked once he joined her in her nest. She leaned down to cover the kitten in affectionate licks.

"Have you been having fun?" He had gotten quite big. Leopardsong knew he'd be moving out of the nursery very soon, and so was Ashkit. It made her a little sad, but proud at the same time. They'd be apprentices first and then warriors, seeing the kits grow into strong independent cats was the best gift that she could be given.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old Today, 04:02 AM
memento mori

Bump Policy: 2-3 Days
My Mood: Busy

Cottonkit
he/him | Windclan Kit | 6 moons
The Collector
The Stowaway Child
Death by licks. Now that was certainly a way he wouldn’t mind going. He squirmed and cooed happily under Leopardsong’s snuggling. Cottonkit certainly had missed this, and it wouldn’t be long now before he wouldn’t be permanently here. Whisked away to the apprentice’s den.

”W..well I’ve been up to loads, I made some new friends and Snowybreeze taught us a little about the clans.” Cottonkit needed to gasp for air in his barrage of talk and squeaks. ”I’m excited to be an apprentice, but well. A bit nervous, Maggotpaw doesn’t really like being an apprentice. I hope I like it.” Another gasp for air.

”And I missed you and I also learnt about predators from Maggotpaw, big scary things. But they said I might make friends with the rabbits out there because we have the same tails!” Done. Wow what a mouthful, it felt nice to be telling mama about all of this. She always knew what to say at the right time. Cottonkit’s chipper little heart simply overflowed for most nowadays, heck he might even feel bad killing prey. But for now he’d simply bask in the moment and take all of it that he could get. The world was certainly changing, but well Mr Sunshine wouldn’t let that dim his glow.

[​​ @Moonraven ]

Old Today, 12:28 PM
GLOOMY

Bump Policy: bump me if i don't respond.
My Mood: Mysterious

Owlkit
<-||WC|kit|Tom||->

||Open For interaction!||

============

Owl Kit is bouncing around, left right, up down, doesn't matter. he has so much energy still chasing that silly feather he found a moon ago. he's very easily entertained. the kit giggled running around. the owl colored kit happily jumped up around pawing at the feather
Old Today, 06:21 PM
VNP (≠VIP)

Bump Policy: Anytime :)
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post

"Your mentor, I can't say for sure. Twilightstar will decide but I'm sure they'll be a great warrior." Leopardsong's never been picky about mentors for her kits. She trusted Twilightstar to pick out good cats and if not they could always be reassigned. The WindClan leader's been doing this for a long time and Leopardsong didn't think it was her place to demand certain cats train the kits.

"Train will probably start as difficult, but you'll be used to it quickly. You'll be sore for a little as you build up muscle and get used to all the work expected of you, but it'll be rewarding in the long run." Leopardsong told him.

"Yes, I went through the same training you did and served as a WindClan warrior for some time. Twilightstar decided I was a better fit as a forever queen than a warrior since I was pretty good with kits. I'm quite happy where I am right now." It wasn't the full story, but summed up how she got into her current rank.

"Oh, yes, you'll be a warrior once you finish training. All cats become warriors once their training is complete unless StarClan decides to guide your paws to a different path, like Rabbitpaw. But you don't have to worry about that, Clans normally have only two medicine cats at a time. I doubt Lightingstorm will be looking for a new medicine cat soon." She chuckled softly.

"Cottonkit!" Leopardsong purred softly as she spotted the white kit. He was usually out exploring or making friends, so their time together was little. But who was she to stand in the way of his growth and friendship? The absence merely made her grow fonder of the kit.

"Come, come," The queen called the kit over to her nest with a flicker of her tail. "Where you've been?" She asked once he joined her in her nest. She leaned down to cover the kitten in affectionate licks.

"Have you been having fun?" He had gotten quite big. Leopardsong knew he'd be moving out of the nursery very soon, and so was Ashkit. It made her a little sad, but proud at the same time. They'd be apprentices first and then warriors, seeing the kits grow into strong independent cats was the best gift that she could be given.

Can you tell me more about StarClan?” Asked Ashkit. He had heard of this clan but didn’t know what it was. There were a lot of things Ashkit didn’t know about, having been an outsider before. That was still a problem sometimes, but it happened less and less often as his knowledge about clan life grew bigger and bigger.

{ Leopardsong - @/Moonraven }

URGENT: IN NEED OF A HEADER

Old Today, 08:22 PM
Matching with @/Mica

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrensic View Post

EGRETKIT
she/her . 1 moon . dark brown and lilac tabby with dappling with cream markings and blue eyes
[ sticky pads ]

egretkit watches in awe as plumkitlove leaps into the battle - what a mighty warrior! a true deputy! wow, egretstar might just have to promote her to leader! her eyes widen as her denmate ferociously attacks the evilclanner, and just like that, the evilclan warrior was no more.

"YAY! victory for windclan!" she gleefully cheers, doing a little bounce. alas, her joy is short lived and soon replaced with horror. a second evilclanner..what the heck! the first one had a twin! this is insane, she didn't know that they could just multiply like that. she must do her duty, however, and banish this evilclan warrior..forever! besides, she can't make plumlove do everything. she'd be an unfair leader then.

don't worry windclan, I'll save you with the help of plumlove!! she internally declares, then lets out a fierce battle cry, one of a true warrior. "wwWAHHHH!!!" tiny paws stretch upwards as she catches the mossball, proceeding to drop to the ground – claws digging into the evilclan warrior – and roll around with it. bunching up her hind legs, she kicks wildly at the scrap of moss, flipping around. from an outsider perspective, it looks a little like she's losing to a mossball right now..actually, maybe she is.

the moss is shredded into tiny bits with the combination of her gnawing on it, clawing it, and kicking it. oh yeah. she's a totally awesome, strong, mighty leader. she's so telling papa and uncle crow and firesis about this.

jumping up, egretstar rushes towards plumlove with a huge smile. "we did it, plumlove!! wow, those evilclanners are super duper weak. um, or maybe we're just strong, maybe both! i think both!" yes, definitely both. they were invincible! "and guess what! because of your awesomeness, you are now...plumSTAR! and we're both windclans leaders!" she states, nodding. yep. windclan has two leaders. evilclan would be so jealous right now, hah!

Plumkit
Kit || She/her || 4 Moons || Lanky tortoiseshell she-cat with one green eye and one blue eye

Plumlove could only watch from her spot on the ground as her leader tore the remaining Evilclan warrior to shreds. At first, she was content to sit back and let her denmate destroy the enemy with no remorse. Rolling, biting, kicking, all sorts of moves that had Plumkit humming with interest. Where did she learn how to do all that? Plumkit had just... chomped. She lacked the pizzazz and finesse of the tabby. Perhaps I should be taking notes?

For a moment, it almost looked like Egretkit was going to lose to the Evilclan warrior, desperately kicking up at it like she was fighting for her life. Panicked, Plumkit rushed to her paws. What should she do?? Should she call for help? No, by the time I find a warrior strong enough Egretkit could already be.... Oh never mind she's ok. In a few seconds the lilac tabby had turned the tides of battle and emerged victorious. Plumkit took one look at the huge smile on her face and vowed to never share the momentary doubt in her leader's skills with anyone.

"It is all thanks to you, Egretstar." Multicolored gaze landed on the destroyed moss balls, unable to look at the kitten who now stood too close in front of her. A deputy couldn't tell their leader to back off could they? Not when they had bonded in battle. Not when she was now... co-leader?

"No! I couldn't possibly accept such a high honor! Egretstar, it was you who led our clan to victory. Not me. I don't deserve such praise. She wanted to say, finally locking eyes with the kit.

However just as she opened her mouth to respond, something unusual happened. She began to... rumble. Not a loud rumble like the crack of lightning, but a soft murmur. It was the strangest thing Plumkit had ever felt in her life.

"W-what is wrong with me?" A paw poked at her chest, trying to find the source of the rumbles. Unfortunately for her, it wasn't just coming from her chest. It moved down to her tummy, spreading all the way to the tips of her toe beans and reaching all the way up to her nose. Despite the panic at the new sensation, Plum realized that the rumbles didn't feel bad. In fact, she felt... um... what did she feel?

Warm, that was for sure. Her pelt felt comfortably warm; like she had spent the afternoon sunbathing. Not the heat she felt when she gained unwanted attention. She also felt... light? Like if she leapt into the sky right now, she wouldn't return to the ground. She would simply float away and join the faceless cats in the clouds.

A startled blink at herfriend denmate as the emotion's name finally found it's way to her brain. Happy.

It was overwhelming. Plum preferred the hollow neutrality she had experienced for the past 4 moons of her life than ... whatever all this was!!
"Egretsta- er Egretkit, um..." Woah, come on Plumkit. Words. A shake of her head before she tried again. A slightly shaky paw attempted to reach out to pat Egretkit on the head. A silent thank you for the game, and for making her feel normal.

However she wasn't normal. These big emotions and closeness and rumbles scared her. It was time to seek out a new hiding spot and get herself in check. She blinked once more at Egretkit before turning to scurry off - her purrs never stopping.