The edge. Moonweeper's...
Last post by Hushfalls
Today 09:19 PM
tales in the night [ Bingo...
by BEAR.
Last post by PINTO BEAN
Today 09:19 PM

Old August 15th, 2024, 07:08 PM

Bump Policy: Every 24 hrs, unless my mood is set to Busy.
Default Re: WindClan Nursery

[Whistlekit] & [Sedgekit]
Kits|2 moons|Windclan

· · ─────── ·· ─────── · ·

Whistlekit's expression changes drastically, after she hears Leopardsong's words, and she prods Sedgekit's side with her hindleg. "I changed my mind." She glances at Maggotkit and meows in a friendly manner, that isn't actually all that friendly, "You must be right, Maggotkit! I didn't know that staring at the sun helps you see! How about you can try it here, in front of us, and we can see if your eyes really do get better. If they do, we can all join in afterwards!"

Her eyes glimmer with a hint of interest, as if she'd just spotted a fun game they could play.

Sedgekit sighs as his sister's words. She knew full on well what she was doing, but there was just no stopping her. Hopefully Maggotkit wasn't an idiot and he wouldn't take the bait.

@nyme /Maggotkit

Last edited by Badwolf; August 15th, 2024 at 07:10 PM.
Old August 15th, 2024, 07:39 PM
"BITE ME!" (Uzi quote)

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post

Wow! So she was coming to find that Maggotkit was a little menace. Leopardsong would not go as far as saying that she dislikes the kit, but she did wish that it would be a little nicer to the other kits. She'd also appreciate it more if it was a bit more thoughtful and didn't immediately try to trick Kits into playing a game that Leopardsong just said was not a good idea.

She scowled lightly at Ashkit who seemed willing to jump on the border with Maggotkit's rather absurd story. She couldn't be all upset with him. Kittens were always rather impressionable and naive. The forever queen softened her expression when Ashkit meowed about his other mother. He was such a considerate kit she had, thinking of her feelings.

Still, she was not on board with this game of theirs. A few said they weren't playing but there were always a few that wouldn't give up on it. "I'd prefer that you not play staring at the sun. It's not good for your eyes. What if staring at the sun causes vision problems later and you can't hunt or see as far as you grow? Just because it's not bothering you now doesn't mean it won't later." She implored the few who seemed interested in playing that dangerous game.

"What if I get a fury to play with you instead? We can do a hunting lesson and even use live prey to chase. Doesn't that sound like more fun than staring at the sun?" She'd feel bad about tossing said fury under the monster later. Leopardsong was fishing for ideas here. "Or we can do badger rides, or play clans, or play mossball. One of those has to sound more fun than staring at the sun right?" Worse comes to worst she'd have to see if Lightingstorm was available to explain better why cats shouldn't look at the sun. Leopardsong didn't know if the sun could blind a cat, she just knew that looking at it often left cats with sore eyes or temporarily blind.

Shadowkit smiled. "Fun!" she squealed.

Can't Catch Me Now

I'M EVIL
Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM
the flower girl

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Seedkit
Windclan
She/her

Seedie loved to snooze. Oh, she just loved to laze about, oh, so much… And that’s exactly what she was doing. Huddled up with her siblings, her nose probably buried into the fur of one of her siblings before she heard it–

“Poppa!”
She was up in an instant, squeaking jovially at the sound of her father’s gentle whisper. The little ball of fluff went racing after her brother, darting between her father’s legs to circle each of his paws, rubbing her pelt against his much longer legs. “Pop, poppa, d’you know we paint wocks?”

The little lady immediately began to babble to her pa about the excitements of rock painting. Due to the fact that she still struggled to pronounce some things, her statements came out a bit jumbled, but… Hey, she was just excited to tell her dad all about the fun things she and her siblings did!

[ @Alchemist Kitsune - Cardinalkit/Snowydad, @Rose - Strawberrykit, @burntToast - Jaggedkit, @Oliver - Frostkit ]

Drizzlecloud Midnightpath Smolderpaw Seedkit
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM
GLOOMY

Bump Policy: bump me if i don't respond.
My Mood: Mysterious

Owlkit
<-||WC|kit|Tom||->

||Open For interaction!||

============
Owlkit is lying in his nest. curled up and happily humming and batting at his nest. He's bored out of his little mind. but he manages to keep himself occupied. though he does think it would be fun to chase a moth right now. The little tome rolls on his back laying there. holding his breath, seeing how much air he can hold before inevitably breathing out "that was three seconds!" he mews happily "At this rate Im gonna set a record!" he laughed to himself
Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Tired

Whisperkit yawned quietly, boredom clear as day in her eyes.

pixelgifs by @/SnowheartTC

Brokenstream is one of RiverClan's Lionhearts! He is OPEN to any RP

FORMERLY JELLYCAT
Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM
☆ TACKY and GARISH ☆

Bump Policy: 72 HOURS ☆
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedWyvern View Post
Ashkit twitched slightly his tail to Cloverkit. It was a sign. “Can’t we even do it for like 5 to 10 seconds?” he asked Leopardsong. Then Maggotkit intervened. Good timing, thought Ashkit. “Really?” he asked. The kit then said, for both Leopardsong and Maggotkit the following: “And anyways, I did this once with my mom and nothing bad happened.” He paused and realised there could be a slight confusion in what he said. “My r-outsider mom.” He wanted to say ‘real’ instead of ‘outsider’ but thought it could hurt Leopardsong’s feelings.

{ @Moonraven - ok, got it (I did want to make this an event but I don’t know how to do that :/) || @Kaida || @bigbxdwolfz || @nyme }
Quote:

Wow! So she was coming to find that Maggotkit was a little menace. Leopardsong would not go as far as saying that she dislikes the kit, but she did wish that it would be a little nicer to the other kits. She'd also appreciate it more if it was a bit more thoughtful and didn't immediately try to trick Kits into playing a game that Leopardsong just said was not a good idea.

She scowled lightly at Ashkit who seemed willing to jump on the border with Maggotkit's rather absurd story. She couldn't be all upset with him. Kittens were always rather impressionable and naive. The forever queen softened her expression when Ashkit meowed about his other mother. He was such a considerate kit she had, thinking of her feelings.

Still, she was not on board with this game of theirs. A few said they weren't playing but there were always a few that wouldn't give up on it. "I'd prefer that you not play staring at the sun. It's not good for your eyes. What if staring at the sun causes vision problems later and you can't hunt or see as far as you grow? Just because it's not bothering you now doesn't mean it won't later." She implored the few who seemed interested in playing that dangerous game.

"What if I get a fury to play with you instead? We can do a hunting lesson and even use live prey to chase. Doesn't that sound like more fun than staring at the sun?" She'd feel bad about tossing said fury under the monster later. Leopardsong was fishing for ideas here. "Or we can do badger rides, or play clans, or play mossball. One of those has to sound more fun than staring at the sun right?" Worse comes to worst she'd have to see if Lightingstorm was available to explain better why cats shouldn't look at the sun. Leopardsong didn't know if the sun could blind a cat, she just knew that looking at it often left cats with sore eyes or temporarily blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbxdwolfz View Post

[Whistlekit] & [Sedgekit]
Kits|2 moons|Windclan

Whistlekit's expression changes drastically, after she hears Leopardsong's words, and she prods Sedgekit's side with her hindleg. "I changed my mind." She glances at Maggotkit and meows in a friendly manner, that isn't actually all that friendly, "You must be right, Maggotkit! I didn't know that staring at the sun helps you see! How about you can try it here, in front of us, and we can see if your eyes really do get better. If they do, we can all join in afterwards!"

Her eyes glimmer with a hint of interest, as if she'd just spotted a fun game they could play.

Sedgekit sighs as his sister's words. She knew full on well what she was doing, but there was just no stopping her. Hopefully Maggotkit wasn't an idiot and he wouldn't take the bait.

@nyme /Maggotkit

ALL I EVER WANTED
WAS TO BE OF WILDFLOWERS
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ❀ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
MAGGOTKIT . 5 MOONS . IT/ITS . WINDCLAN

"Very really," it nods at Ashkit, trying to look all sage and well-informed. "And then a bird ate his eyes but that won't happen to you I think."

Maggotkit deflates a little to hear Leopardsong shoot down the jdea again, evidently hoping for something a little more exciting than a calm reiteration of the earlier point: no sun-staring. Frustration stokes a brief, terrible mood in the little liar, and it nearly bickers back in earnest just to push, but—oof, eugh, ack,

It's got clumps of dry moss wedged up between its toes from all the picking and tearing and jabbing, and that feels awful. It redirects its annoyance at its own feet, clumsily flicking and nipping and pulling at the little scraps. Better.

Maggotkit's too sullen to give a proper response for now, lost in contemplating whether joining in on the offer to play with the Furies is even worth it, but it appears to have dropped the subject for good until Whistlekit gets it going again. The grubby white kit makes a face, tongue peeking out.

"No," it starts in a huff, "Ashkit has to do it. I just said. And Leopardsong doesn't want anyone to have shined eyes. So there." Then, in a noisy wail: "Whistlekit wants me to get BLIND!" — It opts to contradict its ongoing insistence that sun-staring will only lead to a superpower just to be a tattletale, instead.

gravelly waypoint
Old Today, 07:08 PM
VNP (≠VIP)

Bump Policy: Anytime :)

Quote:
Wow! So she was coming to find that Maggotkit was a little menace. Leopardsong would not go as far as saying that she dislikes the kit, but she did wish that it would be a little nicer to the other kits. She'd also appreciate it more if it was a bit more thoughtful and didn't immediately try to trick kits into playing a game that Leopardsong just said was not a good idea.

Now that Leopardsong talked about being temporarily blind, Ashkit remembered that he never looked directly at the sun but only next to it, which is why he didn’t get blind. “Oh, actually I never started directly at the sun, I just stared at a point next to it.” he said.

Hmm, hunting lessons did sound good! Ashkit actually managed to catch one prey, but only because of a lot of luck. But furies shouldn’t have time to play with him, right…? “Do the furies really got time to teach hunting lessons to kits?” He asked.

Badger riding?” asked the kit. “Aren’t badgers dangerous?” He recalled what his mother told him about them. Big black and white animals. Very sharp teeth and blunt claws, but that could still kill a cat. “Did you manage to tame them?” He asked.
Play clans? What’s that?” asked Ashkit. He wondered why cats in clans should play being in clans…

It looked like Ashkit was interested in hunting, and would also be interested in badger riding, if it was safe. But he doubted it was. And maybe he would want to play clans after knowing what it consists of. At least one thing was sure, his attention drifted away from stun staring.

{ @Moonraven - Leopardsong || @Phoenix - Shadowkit || @bigbxdwolfz - Whislekit & Sedgekit || @nyme - Maggotkit }

URGENT: IN NEED OF A HEADER

Last edited by TheRedWyvern; Today at 07:23 PM.
Old Today, 07:19 PM
Little Snowflake

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Fine

Freezekit
blind; brown fur that fades to gray going down; tabby stripes
He/him || 1 moon || Windclan

---

Freezekit was sleeping, until he got woken by a shrill wail. He blinked awake, sitting up. He could smell many cats nearby. He pinpointed the kit who had woken him up from his nap and glared at it. How dare it? It wasn't a kit he knew, but still. It had woken him up! Buuut he didn't want to get yelled at by the queen there because he complained. So he pointedly faced away from the kit and started to wash himself. If he's awake, might as well groom all the moss out of his fur. Maybe then he'll go do... something else. He isn't sure what. But that doesn't matter right now.

---
OPEN FOR ANYONE
@nyme -- small mention, you don't have to reply. (Maggotkit is who had woken Freeze up)
My CharacterHub

Last edited by snowflake.; Today at 07:20 PM.
Old Today, 07:26 PM
VNP (≠VIP)

Bump Policy: Anytime :)

Quote:
Leopardsong sharply lashed her after the RiverClan question. "Hmm, well they kept trespassing into our territory, which is not allowed since all the clans live in different homes. Our territories are important to us since we need the land to hunt and provoid for everyone in the clan. If you're not from WindClan you should not be in our territory and the same with other clans." She didn't want to get too deep into territory disputes.

"RiverClan harmed our clan herbs, those are the plants that the medicine cats use to help heal us. They trespassed into our camp which is a very big no-no, if you're not allowed on our territory you're certainly not allowed in our home. Then they killed our former deputy, Fallownose, and hurt and beat up one of our apprentices, Twistedpaw nearly to death. They were also causing trouble with ThunderClan, but I don't recall everything they did with them. But the clans had had with them so into timeout they went." She meowed.

"We have a few furies. Batglare's a giant mean-looking brown and white tom, he's in charge of them. Dapplebreeze is a cream and tan patched she-cat and sweeter than Batglare, but she's like the fury's deputy. Then we have Hawkfur, a russet tabby with white fur, you might see him in the nursery, he has kits here that he cares for. Then there is Leechscar, he's a grumpy huge gray tom with a scar on his chest."
Ashkit nodded as the informations came. “So there are four furies at the moment?” He asked.

{ Moonraven - Isn’t Crowtooth supposed to be a fury too? }

URGENT: IN NEED OF A HEADER

Old Today, 07:51 PM

Bump Policy: Every 24 hrs, unless my mood is set to Busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyme View Post

ALL I EVER WANTED
WAS TO BE OF WILDFLOWERS
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ❀ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
MAGGOTKIT . 5 MOONS . IT/ITS . WINDCLAN

"Very really," it nods at Ashkit, trying to look all sage and well-informed. "And then a bird ate his eyes but that won't happen to you I think."

Maggotkit deflates a little to hear Leopardsong shoot down the jdea again, evidently hoping for something a little more exciting than a calm reiteration of the earlier point: no sun-staring. Frustration stokes a brief, terrible mood in the little liar, and it nearly bickers back in earnest just to push, but—oof, eugh, ack,

It's got clumps of dry moss wedged up between its toes from all the picking and tearing and jabbing, and that feels awful. It redirects its annoyance at its own feet, clumsily flicking and nipping and pulling at the little scraps. Better.

Maggotkit's too sullen to give a proper response for now, lost in contemplating whether joining in on the offer to play with the Furies is even worth it, but it appears to have dropped the subject for good until Whistlekit gets it going again. The grubby white kit makes a face, tongue peeking out.

"No," it starts in a huff, "Ashkit has to do it. I just said. And Leopardsong doesn't want anyone to have shined eyes. So there." Then, in a noisy wail: "Whistlekit wants me to get BLIND!" — It opts to contradict its ongoing insistence that sun-staring will only lead to a superpower just to be a tattletale, instead.

[Whistlekit]
Kit|2 moons|Windclan

Whistlekit watches Maggotkit yowl. What a stupid kit. Didn't Leopardsong just see everything? She would know the idiot was lying, and also that Maggotkit was up to no good. In the end, the little kit was just making a show of himself doing this.

Whistlekit turns to the queen, blinking innocently, before turning back to Maggotkit. "You said staring at the sun gives you very good eyes. If it does, you should do it. Unless..." Whistlekit fake gasps, "Were you lying? What a horrible thing to do! Maggotkit's a liar!"

The corners of her mouth are slightly turned up, as if she's trying not to snicker. It's not very noticeable, however.

Tags: @Moonraven /Leopardsong