Today 01:07 AM

Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM

Bump Policy: After 1 day
My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: ShadowClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoticpeachy View Post
Beetlekit~4 moons~She/her

Beetlekit looked up at the tortoiseshell she-cat. "I don't know where she is..." She replied, her eyes now gazing at the earthy ground below her. "I think that she left me...But I don't know..." Beetlekit said, her paws shaking with the thought of her mother departing from her. "I hope she comes back soon..." Her voice cracked with sadness as she began to ponder her mother's whereabouts, unaware that she was right there in front of her.

[@Luna16]

Embercloud l 38 moons l she/her
Embercloud kept a soft expression as she listened to the kit, but inside her heart was breaking. Poor little scrap… She gently draped her tail around the she-kit, offering a gentle smile. “I can keep you company until then if you like?” She offered, her voice as sweet as honey. Little did either of them know, that this little kit’s mother was not coming back. “What’s your name little one?” She asked with a purr. “My name is Embercloud.”
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime! I will get back to you when I come online

"My name is Beetlekit. Embercloud is a nice name..." Beetlekit replied with a smile. "I would love for you to keep me company if you don't mind..It gets lonely here in the nursery..." Her voice started to become less cracked the more that she spoke as if Embercloud made her stop thinking about the possibilities of her mother's departure. "I don't know if I have ever seen you before...Are you busy being a warrior?" She questioned with curiosity, wondering what the life of a warrior was like. @Luna16

Last edited by hypnoticpeachy; Yesterday at 01:05 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM

Quote:

"My name is Beetlekit. Embercloud is a nice name..." Beetlekit replied with a smile. "I would love for you to keep me company if you don't mind..It gets lonely here in the nursery..." Her voice started to become less cracked the more that she spoke as if Embercloud made her stop thinking about the possibilities of her mother's departure. "I don't know if I have ever seen you before...Are you busy being a warrior?" She questioned with curiosity, wondering what the life of a warrior was like. @Luna16

Beetlekit. Embercloud smiled with a purr. Such an adorable name! “I love your name, Beetlekit.” She purred. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” She shifted her stance so that she could curl her body loosely around Beetlekit, laying her thick, fluffy tail in a loose circle around them. She nodded at Beetlekit’s question. “That’s correct! I’m not a queen, so I usually sleep in the warrior’s den and fulfill warrior’s duties during the day.” She explained. “But I like to come in to check on the queens and kits whenever I can.” She added, letting Beetlekit know why she was there that day.

“And today I found you!” She purred, giving Beetlekit a gentle and affectionate lick between her ears.
Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna16 View Post

Beetlekit. Embercloud smiled with a purr. Such an adorable name! “I love your name, Beetlekit.” She purred. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” She shifted her stance so that she could curl her body loosely around Beetlekit, laying her thick, fluffy tail in a loose circle around them. She nodded at Beetlekit’s question. “That’s correct! I’m not a queen, so I usually sleep in the warrior’s den and fulfill warrior’s duties during the day.” She explained. “But I like to come in to check on the queens and kits whenever I can.” She added, letting Beetlekit know why she was there that day.

“And today I found you!” She purred, giving Beetlekit a gentle and affectionate lick between her ears.

"Thank you..." Beetlekit smiled at Embercloud's compliment. "It is nice to meet you, too!" She was surprised at the way that Embercloud answered her question, she had no idea that some warriors like to check on the queens and kits! "That's very nice of you do to that!" she exclaimed excitedly. "Maybe when I am a warrior, I will do the same thing!" Beetlekit confirmed that in her head, deciding that was what she was going to do when she was older. Helping others looked like the most noble thing to her and she wanted to be the kind of cat who would support anyone. Beetlekit just needed to learn to talk to other cats more often.

Last edited by hypnoticpeachy; Yesterday at 02:03 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM

Quote:

"Thank you..." Beetlekit smiled at Embercloud's compliment. "It is nice to meet you, too!" She was surprised at the way that Embercloud answered her question, she had no idea that some warriors like to check on the queens and kits! "That's very nice of you do to that!" she exclaimed excitedly. "Maybe when I am a warrior, I will do the same thing!" Beetlekit confirmed that in her head, deciding that was what she was going to do when she was older. Helping others looked like the most noble thing to her and she wanted to be the kind of cat who would support anyone. Beetlekit just needed to learn to talk to other cats more often.

Embercloud blinked warmly at Beetlekit, she hadn’t really thought of what she did as being anything special. “Of course you can!” She purred. “A warrior’s first duty to the wellbeing and safety of their clan and clanmates. It’s much more than hunting to provide or fighting to protect.” She continued. “Our queens, kits, and elders are our clanmates who need us the most. And kits like you are the clan’s future.” She gave Beetlekit another lick between the ears. “I love coming in to the nursery and seeing the kits growing strong and making sure the queens have what they need. I think aspiring to be that kind of warrior is a great goal.”

And she meant it. Even though her brother sometimes teased her about her habit of coming her, or scolded her for tormenting herself by doing so, she still continued to do it. And if I hadn’t come in today, I wouldn’t have met Beetlekit. Seeing the kit brimming with aspirations made Embercloud’s heart swell. She couldn’t imagine wanting to ever leave her side, she was too precious for words. It felt to Embercloud like this was meant to happen, she was meant to find Beetlekit, like StarClan led her paws here all these long moons specifically for this moment.
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM
shh, i don’t sleep

Bump Policy: 3 Days
My Mood: Queenly

°TigerKit°
Male | 1 Moons | ShadowClan Kit | Posts: 8/10
long hair dark brown tabby with baby blue eyes and white specks on his fur
Purrks: None
Interaction For: @SoulJoy

┍━━━━━»•» …loading… «•«━┑

It wasn’t his fault this cat was slow! He wouldn’t stop for her. He exited the nursery happily, having a tight grip on the mossball.

┕━»•» …100% complete… «•«━━━━━┙

Character Biography’s | Writing and Surprise Shop Hut
BristleThorn Finder [All! (Mostly ShC] | RowanMane Mate Finder [RC]
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna16 View Post

Embercloud blinked warmly at Beetlekit, she hadn’t really thought of what she did as being anything special. “Of course you can!” She purred. “A warrior’s first duty to the wellbeing and safety of their clan and clanmates. It’s much more than hunting to provide or fighting to protect.” She continued. “Our queens, kits, and elders are our clanmates who need us the most. And kits like you are the clan’s future.” She gave Beetlekit another lick between the ears. “I love coming in to the nursery and seeing the kits growing strong and making sure the queens have what they need. I think aspiring to be that kind of warrior is a great goal.”

And she meant it. Even though her brother sometimes teased her about her habit of coming her, or scolded her for tormenting herself by doing so, she still continued to do it. And if I hadn’t come in today, I wouldn’t have met Beetlekit. Seeing the kit brimming with aspirations made Embercloud’s heart swell. She couldn’t imagine wanting to ever leave her side, she was too precious for words. It felt to Embercloud like this was meant to happen, she was meant to find Beetlekit, like StarClan led her paws here all these long moons specifically for this moment.

"Then I will become that kind of warrior! I want to be just like you!" Beetlekit mewed, looking into Embercloud's eyes. "One day, I will be less shy and learn to talk to my clanmates more! That way, I won't be by myself all of the time and I will be able to give them what they need!" Embercloud is amazing! Now I know what I want to do when I grow up! I want to be just like her! She thought. Beetlekit came to the same realization as her, where StarClan had brought them together so that their lives would improve. Embercloud got the kit that she has always wanted and Beetlekit got the mother she was looking for.

Last edited by hypnoticpeachy; Yesterday at 07:31 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM

Quote:

"Then I will become that kind of warrior! I want to be just like you!" Beetlekit mewed, looking into Embercloud's eyes. "One day, I will be less shy and learn to talk to my clanmates more! That way, I won't be by myself all of the time and I will be able to give them what they need!" Embercloud is amazing! Now I know what I want to do when I grow up! I want to be just like her! She thought. Beetlekit came to the same realization as her, where StarClan had brought them together so that their lives would improve. Embercloud got the kit that she has always wanted and Beetlekit got the mother she was looking for.

Embercloud out a rumbling purr. Beetlekit was just the most adorable thing! She couldn’t have paw-picked a better daughter if she had a say in it. A flash of guilt crossed her mind at the though - this was technically another cat’s kit. She wasn’t biologically Beetlekit’s mother. But…does that really matter? As she looked into those sparkling little eyes, she felt more and more that it didn’t matter. She was going to watch over Beetlekit like a mother as long as she would have her.

She touched her nose to Beetlekit’s ear. “I have no doubt that you will be exactly that kind of warrior.” She purred. “Talking to other cats can be hard, but it’s easier when you know you’re not alone.” She added, reaching out to groom Beetlekit’s little pelt. She remembered being a kit herself, and how she was always comforted when her brother groomed her with long rhythmic strokes. She wanted to offer that kind of comfort to Beetlekit now.

“You’ll be Beetlepaw before you know it! And then you’ll have more connections than ever. You’ll have new denmates, and your mentor.” She would pause her grooming for a moment here. “And if you ever find yourself struggling, you can always come to me for help.” She purred reaching out to touch her nose to Beetlekit’s.

Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Embercloud out a rumbling purr. Beetlekit was just the most adorable thing! She couldn’t have paw-picked a better daughter if she had a say in it. A flash of guilt crossed her mind at the though - this was technically another cat’s kit. She wasn’t biologically Beetlekit’s mother. But…does that really matter? As she looked into those sparkling little eyes, she felt more and more that it didn’t matter. She was going to watch over Beetlekit like a mother as long as she would have her.

She touched her nose to Beetlekit’s ear. “I have no doubt that you will be exactly that kind of warrior.” She purred. “Talking to other cats can be hard, but it’s easier when you know you’re not alone.” She added, reaching out to groom Beetlekit’s little pelt. She remembered being a kit herself, and how she was always comforted when her brother groomed her with long rhythmic strokes. She wanted to offer that kind of comfort to Beetlekit now.

“You’ll be Beetlepaw before you know it! And then you’ll have more connections than ever. You’ll have new denmates, and your mentor.” She would pause her grooming for a moment here. “And if you ever find yourself struggling, you can always come to me for help.” She purred reaching out to touch her nose to Beetlekit’s.

"That's right...I'll be an apprentice in two moons! And thank you, I will come to you whenever I need help!" Beetlekit mewed softly with a purr. She smiled with the thought of growing up as an apprentice and having a mentor who will help her whenever she made mistakes. "Is fighting and defending your clan hard? It looks hard to do..." She questioned, her light-green eyes staring into Embercloud's amber eyes with the anticipation of her question being answered. "I'm just curious. I feel like I wouldn't know where to put my paws in order to attack. Well, I'm still young, so I've got two moons and more to figure it all out! I'm so excited to grow up, it will be amazing! And I will never be alone because I have you!"

Last edited by hypnoticpeachy; Yesterday at 10:06 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM

Quote:

"That's right...I'll be an apprentice in two moons! And thank you, I will come to you whenever I need help!" Beetlekit mewed softly with a purr. She smiled with the thought of growing up as an apprentice and having a mentor who will help her whenever she made mistakes. "Is fighting and defending your clan hard? It looks hard to do..." She questioned, her light-green eyes staring into Embercloud's amber eyes with the anticipation of her question being answered. "I'm just curious."[
"I feel like I wouldn't know where to put my paws in order to attack. Well, I'm still young, so I've got two moons and more to figure it all out! I'm so excited to grow up, it will be amazing! And I will never be alone because I have you!"

Embercloud purred, truly touched that Beetlekit seemed to look up to her so much. “It can be difficult sometimes when it comes to disputes with other clans.” She mewed honestly. Her amber eyes glazing thoughtfully. She wanted to answer Beetlekit’s question truthfully, but didn’t want to scare her either. “When you train with your mentor, battle will become like second nature.” She meowed. “That way, in the heat of battle you don’t have to think too hard about where to place your paws. You more so…feel what to do next before your brain can think of it.”

She touched Beetlekit’s ear. “But, as a warrior fighting wouldn’t be your primary duty.” She added. “Most days, you’ll go on patrol with your clanmates. Hunting to provide nourishment, or herb gathering if the medicine cats need help.” She mewed happily. “I love it when I feel like I’ve been able to provide for my clanmates. If at the end of the day I know one clanmate didn’t go hungry because of something I helped with, that’s a successful day for me.” She touched her forehead to Beetlekit’s. “And now, I’ll make sure to bring back prey for you especially. You’ll grow into a strong, confident, beautiful warrior little Beetle.” She purred.

So this was what she had been missing. The piece to her life she had craved for so long - what it felt like to be a mother. Beetlekit looked up at her with such adoration and curiosity, and Embercloud just wanted to give her the world and shield her from it at the same time. She already felt herself worrying about Beetlekit’s first battle, the scars her brother bore from moons of battles were proof enough to how devastating they can be. With no real winners as far as Embercloud was concerned. But being a warrior meant serving your clan however it needed, which sometimes meant going into battle and unsheathing your claws.