by BEAR.
Last post by Kaida
Today 06:26 PM

Old August 5th, 2024, 03:11 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

SMOKEKIT was waiting for Mossfreckle when the tom eventually fell asleep. He knew he wasn't expected, and frankly liked the element of surprise - he was about to give the medicine cat a fright of his life.

The dreamscape was a shadowed version of ShadowClan territory, the ground beneath their paws watery muck. The more Mossfreckle would move, the deeper the substance would become - until he was forced to paddle against the force of the swampy fluid.

"Gnashing, thrashing, in depths I seek
To fulfill a gnawing hunger not meek
Brave the waters, dare you try
Unless you are afraid to die?"

Around his legs, something large slid past - and in a flash he'd feel a biting pain in his flesh; scarlet would tinge the brown water.

Then, another pain - and as Mossfreckle looked to find the source of his attacks, Smokekit in the form of a massive, fish-like creature, would surface from the water. He rushed him, jaws agape.

"Treat me well, sate my hunger
Or countless will forever go under!"

Then Mossfreckle would wake up.

[ @elio ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules
Old August 5th, 2024, 05:21 PM
rattling my kennel door

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) // 24 - 48 (1 - 2 days) if important <3
My Mood: Angelic

Tw: Nightmare, blood, pain, dissociation

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 Mossfreckle (ShC)
 ゚・。・゚ they/he ~ medicine cat

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The High Priestess ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

❦ Gnashing teeth and gnawing guilt. A fundamentally wrong feeling that slumbered deep within the freckled tom alongside the beast and burdens of a life hewn and given from so much taken… he has failed… time and time and time again, he had failed. A cumulation of all the evils so deeply locked within the cage of his rib cage, an appreciation broadcast unbeknownst to him by the very being that seemed to materialise in the shadowy conifer canopied forest of a much darker Shadowclan, it was the territory but the tension was ominous and almost stifling as the watery murk beneath his paws became a shifting almost quick sand esc substance which threatened to swallow him whole as it grew deeper until it was a rapid of churning, midnight waters. White tipped paws scrambled to curl against the waters as lanky limbs flailed in an almost futile attempt to propel himself forward, to keep his bobbing angular head above the water as the waves rippled in swells that glinted in claw like crescent’s against the star streaked skies weary reflections.

Gnashing, thrashing, in depths I seek
To fulfill a gnawing hunger not meek
Brave the waters, dare you try
Unless you are afraid to die?

❦ Wisping tones and crippled form. Slippery and large the beast slide past, a gentle brush of pelt and cycloid scales before the enviable storm broke and archaic hunger became a victor. Thrashing, Mossfreckle was thrashing as sharp, jagged teeth dug into soft flesh and thrust deeper into hard bone, dreamlike terror became searing pain became a warning in his mind as he relinquished control and let his starry mind slip from his being until he became no more than a messenger of the pain and spite and reeling hatred. Swirling murk became crimson as blood welled from tattered spotted tabby form which floated just above the surface, adorned in crimson and crowned in lapping waves… a warning… a warning or a truth or some sick self serving fantasy of punishment for all the times he had failed - those fake, self inflicted failures that weighed heavily on him, the weight of the world pushing him under the waters depths. Mossy hues remained open wide in shock and morbid curiosity as he sunk in a forced danse macabre of the to and fro pressure of the water as the word kept moving on even as the freckled herbalist moved backwards in time with each tick of the clock and each inch that he sunk. Above him a familiar presence in a morphed form broke the surface, the source of his attack show in a hellish halo of light.

Treat me well, sate my hunger
Or countless will forever go under!

❦ Large gapping jaws and eel like body cast so starkly again the muddy waters and deep down the medicine cat knew something was wrong, an aching question loomed in his mind but he couldn’t place his paw on the feeling as it slipped away form him as the soft thud of large paws on hard packed earth sent his living body tumbling awake as large ears pushed back in aggressive fright, hazed orbs blinked rapidly to adjust to the darkness that had consumed the burrow, small pin pricks of starlight the only minuscule source of light, a glint of honeyed ginger tabby pelt was all he took in before a warm form pressed against his tense form as relieve and reality slowly flooded back. ”Hilly…” a soft lilting question no more than a whisper as angular head shook to clear a reeling star hewn mind, he must have yelped in his sleep or cried out in momentary, dream state pain that lingered only as a mental scar which had been physically healed as if it had never existed against his pelt… it never really had… ”I- I am heading outside for some air, watch the stars… I’m okay love,” he paused to lick the toms stocky head in comfort that he refused to let be placed on himself, he was nothing after all, ”You are more the welcome to join me, it will be nice to have some company,” alone was probably best but alone meant addressing and reasoning and this wasn’t really something he could move around within his brain enough to make it make sense… real… it had felt so real like a cry for help… but it couldn’t be real… or could something so unnaturally wrong really have been created and dredged up from the depths of the dark forest realms.

{ @BEAR. ~ eelboy } { @Mica ~ Hilly // let me know if any of the hill parts need edited. }

Mossfreckle is Shadowclan’s Medicine Cat
Mossfreckle’s Tracker // ShadowClan Healing // ShadowClan Herb Storage // Roleplay Tracker

Old August 7th, 2024, 09:55 PM
revenge is a fools game

Bump Policy: every 3 days :3
My Mood: Yeehaw

ROOKFIRE
white tipped paws hit the ground in a rhythmic pattern as rookfire paced in lopsided circles, slight ache slowly setting into long limbs at the strain of repeated movement executed by overworked muscles. he wasnt sure how long he had been pacing the same bit of dry hardpacked soil but by the time he finally decided to turn his back on camp, a thin film of dust had settled on light grey pelt, and he was almost sure distinct paw tracks could be seen between dust and pine needles.
along the barren path paved into soft soil by hundreds of pairs of paws, warm summer light speckled the ground and coloured the air a distinct pale orange, standing in stark contrast to the dark leaves and cool soil resting in the shadows. the sun, not matter how split and scattered by the leaves above, was pleasant and welcome on rookfires dark pelt, warming the enforcer from the outside whilst cool anxiety continued to coil within his flesh. thick fog twisting around conflicting thoughts buried deep in the toms mind, distorting relevance and chasing him further towards irrationality. he had to clear his mind, sort through past choices and recent changes. finally wrap his head around everything relating to mossfreckle, the pride, his sudden shift in behaviour, the urge to be close..close in order to protect, to serve shadowclan in protecting their most important assets and put them even. rookfires thoughts lingered on that, the uncomfortable pull to mossfreckle and shame like discomfort swirling in his stomach when even just thinking about the tom. he was almost sure that if there was a surefire way to finally set them even and claw his way out of this suffocating pit of debt, the enforcer wouldve already gripped this idea. however, where he was now, the closest thing he could do to repaying mossfreckle was working for their clan..giving him space, even if..no, no he had been polite. he was accepted as guard for safety reasons and rookfire, if he really tried to see things realistically, knew mossfreckle only agreed because he knew the enforcer had come straight from a meeting involving dawnstar and mistlewhisker.. thoughts melted into a heterogeneous mass in his mind, half heartedly following selected thoughts and chewing on the same issues without much resolve whilst dust coated paws carried him through the forest, deeper and deeper into the depths of the thick forest covering a majority of shadowclan land without any goal or reason. the flicker of light breaking through deep green foliage slowly lulled the dark pelted feline into a kind of floaty mode of existence, limbs moving on their own account whilst eyes stared ahead unfocussed and the roaring of thoughts rushing through his mind quieted to a low humming.
as colourful butterflies danced around dark pelt and sweet flowers, rookfire slowed to a stop, head canting up to follow the fragile colourful insects that had gently pulled him out of his thoughts with curious eyes. mesmerised by beauty and elegance, butterflies engaging in graceful duets, framed by soft orange light and dark leaves, the tom remained unmoving, taking in the peaceful scene in its entirety, the undisturbed flutter of fragile wings in the soft breeze, accompanied by the full smell of warm grass and blooming flowers. a few of the butterflies had a soft brown colour, some of them striking yellows or reds, but a singular pale blue one caught his attention almost immediately, it looked almost soft, even through the fast paced flutter of wings, and the enforcer could see the dark tips of its wings, the fine white border rounding out its lower wings.
then, with one swift motion, rookfire swiped a paw through the air, colliding with the butterfly forcefully before watching it plummet out of the air and towards the ground, quickly swallowed by sharp blades of grass. carefully, to avoid harm to its delicate wings, rookfire pushed the grass out of the way, revealing the slowing flutter of stunned wings, the blue so much more calming and silky amidst lush green. the flutter had stopped by the time rookfire picked it up carefully, making safe transportation easier and erasing another pointless concern from his mind.
for the first time since the beginning of this trek, the enforcer let grey eyes wander over his surroundings, promptly realising his position rather far away from camp.. without much more to entertain his mind on the way back, rook had taken to thinking about his earlier issue with mossfreckle again and surprisingly approached the subject with more success. a delicate gift to soothe a delicate relationship, appease the need for contact and forgiveness, give into the urges and crawl back to a cat far above him once again.

impatient, he had sped up to a trot halfway back, cutting through a bush or two and collecting a fair amount of burrs on the way before slowing to a more appropriate speed upon entering the camp and finally coming to a halt in front of the medicine den, briefly reconsidering his choices before finally taking a step inside, then stilling to let his eyes adjust to the dim light. the first thing that came to his mind was the big big gap in his plan, that being what he would say. somehow, this had been the easiest part in his mind, right before getting the butterfly here without damaging the animal, yet he had somehow overseen that there would have to be words spoken.
"err little thank you for patching me up..n the other thing" he shuffled his paws, gaze falling to linger on the hard packed soil between their similarly white tipped paws, eyes snapping back and forth between unspecified places without actually focussing on anything before returning to meet the herbalists mossy hues.

[ @elio - rooks one and only (for now) the butterfly is a spring azure btw. if moss decides to pick the sandburrs off rook you could get that off your list as well : D. !!!no pressure to write that much, i really only wrote 177 words of actual moss related stuff!!!! #rooksummer24 ]
[ repost cuz i forgot where i was supposed to post this ]

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
ROOKFIRE

Last edited by alec; August 7th, 2024 at 09:58 PM.
Old August 9th, 2024, 05:00 AM
I'VE BEEN UNLEASHED!

Bump Policy: once every 5 days - 2 if time sensitive
My Mood: Sleepy

Hazelstripepaw

The Collector: Inactive | Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Kitty Softpaws: (Perm)

The bleeding stopped (well, mostly), and she made it home, but the journey back to the camp was exhausting. Most of her white fur was stained in blood, and she still held her left forepaw to her chest as she limped into the camp. Whoever was on guard duty was ignored as she made her way to the medicine cat’s den in silence.

She didn’t want to go, she was unneeded and would simply be in the way, but she knew that this was something that needed to be addressed with urgency. Hazelstripepaw limped over to the healer’s den and hesitated outside of it. Now wasn’t the time for sordid schemes or blackmail. To be honest, she hoped Mossfreckle wasn’t in the den and she would instead be met by his apprentice. She didn’t want to answer any questions about why she had been out, or how she got hurt. She didn’t want to deal with the faux affection and faked smiles. Mossy– no, Mossfreckle didn’t care about her, not how she did him at least. She’d come to terms with it. As badly as she wanted him to be hers, he was just out of reach – entertaining the affections of the others. If this were a band, she wouldn’t be the lead vocals or even one of the important roles like a bassist or a drummer. No no, she’d be something small and insignificant, something that was out of the way and required little effort – she’d do something like play the triangle. She had a role to play, but at the end of the day, it didn’t matter whether or not she was there.

She didn’t matter.

Swallowing hard, she gritted her teeth as she gingerly limped past the hanging lichen and into the den. ”Mossf-freckle,” The tricolor tabby whimpered, usual confidence and bluster gone. She didn’t want to talk to him, she didn’t want to even see him, but she buried those feelings deep within her for fear that she’d begin sobbing again. Her first tears in recent memory stained her gorgeous cheeks, and her mouth was smeared by the blood she attempted (unsuccessfully) to clean off her paw. In short, she looked like a hot mess. An imperfection. A disgrace.

”Help me…” She said against her better judgment, casting her eyes to the ground as she waited for him ”P-please help me…” If he did this, she’d stay out of his way. She’d stop bothering him all the time and getting in the way of him and his lovers. Anything, anything he wanted as long as he could fix her torn claw. She’d given up.

Mossfreckle would never be hers.

[ @elio pp perms for whatever — I lost focus about halfway through, so I’m sorry this is such a mess]

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old August 9th, 2024, 08:23 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Hillstrider
ShadowClan
he/him | 21 moons
[Big fluffy orange tabby with yellow eyes]
Purrks: Heightened Perception (Hearing)
⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The Sun ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
· · ────────────── · ·
[Mossfreckle - @elio ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hillstrider woke up in a strange nest that smelled of herbs and starlight. Starlight didn't really have a smell, but Hillstrider imagined that if it did, it would smell like the speckled brown and white pelt of the tom curled against his stomach. Hillstrider didn't know what woke him, so he groaned and leaned further into the warmth of the medicine cat, only to be brutally rejected as Mossfreckle slipped out of his grip and out of the nest. "mmmnooo......" he mumbled, reaching for Mossfreckle. Then the medicine cat's voice broke through his sleepy haze, and he blinked open his sunshine eyes which dilated to match the dimness of the den. It took him another several heartbeats to process what was said to him, and when it did he felt a little more awake and lucid. He pushed himself to a sitting position, canting his head as he looked at his brown and white friend. "Ou'side?" He mumbled, blinking sleepily. "Mmmokay. Lemme get up m'dude."

Hillstrider stood, albeit somewhat sleepily--he was a really slow waker--and followed Mossfreckle out of the den. Hillstrider leaned into the thinner form of the medicine cat, immediately closing his eyes and falling half asleep as the stars twinkled above. He couldn't help it... Mossfreckle was so comfy. He yawned, teeth glinting in the moonlight. "Nightmare?" He asked, burying his face in Mossfreckle's shoulder and giving it a comforting lick.

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (Outsider) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig art by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old August 9th, 2024, 09:39 PM
Little Dragon,Hidden Girl

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Blah

Darkfire came in, dragging his mate Goldenwhisker, who had keeled over from the heat outside, and dropped her, saying, "Mossfreckle! Grousepaw! My mate, Goldenwhisker, got heatstroke, and keeled over!" he didn't mention that he was about to keel over, too.
@elio.
@redshiftreign

Crown_Sage: Disorderly conduct, looking so happy
rubberRatroom: did a :catpeek: and :sadhampter:
xXDeathBerryXx: for having such a poisonous name
They are in a pitch black, awful dungeon, with seperate cells that they cannot see out of or hear anything from the outside. They will never escape.

Claw is dead. Long live his legacy!
Old Today, 10:17 AM
rattling my kennel door

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) // 24 - 48 (1 - 2 days) if important <3
My Mood: Angelic

[ Five in one mass post, hence, an apology if anything isn’t as good quality as I usually do… hopefully, all will be good and well though ]

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 Mossfreckle (ShC)

❦ Oriental ears turned down against the tension of the moment that hung heavy in the humid night air like a suffocating blanket of mist with no way out, the lanky tom stays as still as a spooked fawn with his piqued curiosity and burning cheeks… it was all too real… fighting or fleeing, fleeing or fighting, the tension was strangling him and he wished he could take the words back… no… he wished he could rewrite the stars as his words are met with tentative acquisitions as if the silvery splotched feline that laid at his said was appraising the worth of his words against his own feelings. Thump thump, thump thump, thump thump… heart beats ricochet against the internal confines of a reeling starry mind, an orchestral cacophony of taunting whispers that twist the moments sweetness into a bitter and dull ache… thump thump… the ocean static fills the sensitive canals of Mossfreckle’s ears as if to keep a tempo of the passing seconds as Fogwatcher stumbles over his words seeking to put long felt feelings into long overdue words… thump thump… he wanted to say it over and over and over and over until he believed it… I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you… an incantation within his mind to will Foggie to believe him, to believe the words he had waited so long to confess.

Because... because I think- I think-
I think I love you, too. Mossy. I think I really do…

❦ Lapis orbs has adverted from widened mossy hues but those words seemed to ring out like a sweet bird song in the empty expanses of the morning forest, conifer canopies haloed in glowing sunrise beams that cradle the world in a golden blanket, a regal adornment for those who sought to cease the day… [/I]he loves me…[/I] clouds seem to fade and midnight star streaked skies shown vividly with the medicine cats mind… he loves me, he loves me… the warmth of relief tickles freckled pelt and the healer cannot help but let out a small chuckle of unbridled joy as the adrenaline recedes and the burning of embarrassment washes off of him like a wave breaking against a cliff, so sudden and drastic one had to take a moment to simply take it in… he loves me, HE LOVES ME. Mossfreckle’s angular head moves to gingerly push Fogwatcher’s large head up and focus his lapis hues with the beaming tones of his own, his moments calm and calculated allowing the silvery tom to make his own choices as well as protect the still knitting together flesh of his mangled and sliced throat, [B]”I love you,”[/I] emotionally raw tones slip from a white twinged maw in utter truth… please believe me… he willed it to existence, begged the stars to let him have this moment no matter what was to come… he had this… this memory forever written in the hitched breath between the two, each holding their breath for the other to speak…to confirm. Lanky form shifted and whispers became confident, lilting tones, [B]”I love you Fogwatcher and I think I always have… I love you, I love you, I love you. I love the way you make me feel and the memories we have and the way you give and give and give simply because you want to… I love you every single part of you…”[/I] words fade out as they convert to a silently begging plea… believe me… freckled tom remained silent, waiting and watching and hoping… he loves me.

{ @SuspiciousMindz ~ Foggy // sorry this is shorter /w\ }

❀⊱ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ⊰❀

❦ Mossy hues dart up from white tipped paws which work in a meticulously choreographed and unconscious duet of moments as they shuffle herbs in a compulsive organisational state as if they had not been pulled from the cracking crevices in which they resided in perfect harmony - each like herb placed together, each placement chosen for ease of memorisation - but the moments hazed state breaks as large ears perk forward in alert as the whisper soft sounds of paws scraping on the hard packed soil mingle with the peripheral, fuzzy aspersions of a familiar muscled, bluish grey pelt which slunk with over cautious movements through the shrouding of silvery orange and muddied verdant toned lichen momentarily glistening in the bright golden rays of the noon sun which beamed vehemently and blaming upon the world which resided just beyond the mouth of the medicine den which had always been an almost otherworldly place with its towering, ancient cedar crown and internal dappling of root filters sunlight, a gentle babbling filling the heady herb scented den as chilled water cascaded from a crevice in the stone and tumbled wildly into a calm rivulet which split the burrow into two symmetrical halves. Tentatively Mossfreckle watches as Rookfire picks his way closer and closer, neatly toned pelt rippling as he leaps with ease over the stream his white tipped paws landing in a unilateral roll as long fore limbs thud softly before hind legs lands in a running follow before he pads to stand in awkward but easing strive before the freckled herbalist. Flitting gaze settles to fall upon the silken, powder blues that soon reveal themselves as the tops of velveteen gauze wings, a butterfly lays between the two toms with its beauty a memorial requiem even in the embrace of death it now floated in… it intrigued him… the beauty of death, the sweet softened view one got when the corpses of those long gone remained in silent peace, it was a morbid way of thinking - yes - but there was something so lovely about starting fate in the eyes and living to tell the tale. The lifeless butterfly between them had a fragile gentleness to it, a silent and aching reminder of the fragile state of their slowly healing relationship… blossoming from wilted buds… blooming into something new and delicate. A soft smile pulls at the corners of Mossfreckle’s white twinged maw as Rookfire’s seemingly cumbersome explanation is the small gift he had brought the medic… err little thank you for patching me up..n the other thing… he didn’t press on the other thing only took the butterfly within his paws gingerly and held it trying not to blush or cry or some combination at both… he has never gotten a gift… and the butterflies that fluttered in glinting moonlight within his tummy made him chuckle as the warmth of the moment rouged his freckled cheeks. Curiously piqued and deeply intrigued the medicine cat simply stood for a moment in the sun patches of the burrow and cradled the dead insects back and forth to see the oceanic glimmer of its wings like the sea spray that caught in the full moons beam and cast a prism of colourful light onto the darkened sand, ”T-thank you…” he chirped still a little stunned at the usually stoic enforcers action - no matter how much it really meant to him. Placing the insect in a balanced position in a small crack of the stone wall Mossfreckle took a step back to assess the mid flight affect that had been created before he turned his mossy hues back to the feline which sat within his den, his pelt was ruffled upon further and closer observation, as if he had rushed with little regard for the obstacles
and underbrush which opposed his chosen, seemingly quickest route and ignored the pricks of the many small burrs that clung to the enforcers dark pelt. A teasing tsk tsk was the healers only sound as he moves to take the first burr between his sharp canines and pulled it with ease form the others pelt, freckled nose taking in cool night air and herbal scent that seemed to cling to Rookfire as he bobbed his head down to lick the small pinprick of blood form the burr away before he moved onto the next in a repetitive manner before he paused and contemplated the starry reeling of his mind that had been slipping to the forefront of his mind since the tom had returned to the medicine den which he had stayed in since the battle against Riverclan, ”I-I am happy we… I’m happy we are okay now, I… I missed you,” eyes downcast with embarrassment as he took up the repetition once more to finish plucking the burrs form the other felines pelt.

{ @alec ~ Minky // *shakes you* my dear }

❀⊱ { - 1 moss // - 0.1 poppy // - 1 marigold // - 1 lady’s mantle // - 1 cobweb } ⊰❀

❦ Freckled nose twitched as the bittersweet, metallic tang of blood filled his sense and sent adrenaline running through his veins, a bloodied tricoloured formed moved from his peripherals to the forefront of his vision as he whipped his angular head around to watch the gruesome scene play out as Hazelstripepaw limped with uncharacteristic lack of grace through the lichen curtains that shrouded his den, crimson highlights glistened in her wake against the silvery orange and verdant tones of the trailing and drooping plants. Long white forelimb was clutched up as primal fear seemed to set wild fires in the mollies usually bold and flirtatious amber eyes… something was wrong… something was fundamentally wrong as her resolve broke and a meek, mangled, sobbing plea slipped from her usually quick witted maw… help me.

P-please help me...

❦ Something akin to panic shown visibly within his calm mossy hues for the briefest of moments before a medical mask slide over his angular features, cracks seemed to form almost instantly as he gathered the herbs he needed and made haste to the whimpering felines side, gentle licks peppered her cheeks as the herbalist worked to clam her down, ”sh, sh, sh,” he cooed in lilting tones, ”Look at me okay, Hazels. Let me see your paw love, let me help,” he spoke as he worked, a white tipped paw staining red as he gingerly extended her left limb toward himself to asses the cause of the protective means she had taken for the ailed limb, ”I will be back in a second, there there, love,” lanky freckled form stood and took a ball of moss within his maw, diligent paws carrying him in a nonstop cycle to the rivulet and back to Hazelstripepaw in fraction of a minute. Dampened moss hung dropping form his jaw as he took her paw back in his own and began to wipe away the crusting crimson and grim that had stuck too the goopy blood, stained fur soon began pristine whites again and he nudged her affectionately, a silent order to shift her position mingled with unsaid words he hoped she’d understand… the flash of blinding fear that he would never be able to share with her… the relive that flooded his small frame when he realised that all blood had only been a morbid show of nature and not a looming beckoning to Starclan.

❦ Noting the still wincing pain that remained even as the signs of the wound had been washed away, Mossfrekcle pawed out a small onyx, bead like seed and held it up for the molly to lick off an outreached paw, ”For the pain,” he instructed almost certain that the perfectionist she-cat had probably long before acquired at least an inkling of the knowledge surrounding the vermillion and deep blueish black flower and its intoxicating seeds. White twinged muzzled moves rhythmically as marigold and lady’s mantle become a poultice within his jaws which the healer soon spits onto a cleaned rock before dapping a petite paw into the mixture and applying it liberally onto Hazelstripepaw’s torn claw - within his mind using lady’s mantle made sense, lost limb or tooth and tissue repair seems pretty adjacent to him… it wouldn’t cause any harm… of that he was sure or he wouldn’t have considered the act worth morally doing. With the ointment applied Mossfreckle wraps the tricoloured tabbies creamy paw with silken threads, the bandaged tight but breathable, ”Good as new,” the tom purrs as he nudges the molly towards a downy and moss nest and directs her to take a rest, [B]”Get some rest, my love, you can stay here tonight,”[/I] lilting tones fade off as he lays down, freckled oriental pressed against delicate tabby pelt, his angular head resting on her shoulder as a comfort until the sweet embrace of sleep lulled her away.

{ @Dark ~ Hazels }

❦ A sleepy dramatised protest slipped from Hillstrider’s awakened honeyed ginger form as the lanky herbalist slipped from his warm embrace and padded on weary paws, beckoning the larger tom forward and out, beyond the lichen shrouding and into the quite world that slumbered under the moonlight that hazed the clearing as it glistened off wisp of fog and tiny swirls of dust puffed up by tiny zephyrs that carried the lingering scents of heat wilted sweet blooms and the heady alpine of the conifer canopies that surrounded them. Mossy hues glanced to settle in sleep ridden sunny orbs that rested half lidded, blinking open and close as they grow heavier with lingering sleep, heavy head resting on the herbalists freckled shoulder. Soft barbed tongue licked gently and comfortingly against his still prickling pelt and Mossfreckle smiled a little to himself as he shuffled his white tipped paws and oriental into a stance more sturdy and resilient against the heavy weight of Hilly that sleepily nudged into him.

Nightmare?

❦ One word, the answer should when been so simple, so cut and dry and exact… yes OR no… no “yes and no but that’s what it was a fundamentally wrong and whether it be a prophecy or omen or dream or some hell sent concoction of all and none the medicine cat was not too sure how to state the feelings of what he had experience… death awakening to a mock rebirth. With wide eyes the medic took in the sky, followed each tinkling spark as his thought danced along internally with the glimmer of each wink of the stars, ”Ye-“ he starts and catches himself, ”Yes, or so I think for now… it’s hard sometimes to differentiate the horrid reality form the grasp of one’s imagination…” how much was he willing to share, ”omens come in all shapes and forms, some easy to solve and others ripping at you from the inside out and others are subtle almost dreamlike, it’s hard sometimes to know if it’s some archaic cat or the manifestations of all the things in my core. But enough about that,” a somewhat fake smile and a gesture to lay done, ”No reason to ruin a pretty clear sky… and it looks like someone could use some sleep,” lilting and calm Mossfreckle’s tone reveal none of the strife of the starry reeling of his mind, only life cold composure and an immaculately painted mask of ease.

{ @Mica ~ Hilly // wails in his short this is }

❀⊱ { - 2 moss } ⊰❀

❦ A flick of a usually idly twitching feathery tail directed the eclectically patterned and camouflaged tom who sat with one lag lolling off to the side up to his paws, following the lanky form of his mentor diligently although his mind screamed a little defiantly, ”Help me move Goldenwhisker into the stream would you lad,” he grabbed the golden pelted mollies scruff and waited for his apprentice to help sling the dead weighted feline over an lightly muscled freckled, a slight dip of long legs as the weight bore down on his back but soon enough he was trodding to the babbling rivulet and gently lowering the heat stroked she-cat into the chilled depths, her head set outside of the water carefully so as to not obstruct her already laboured breathing with unintentional gulps of fresh stream water. Diligent paws worked with practice ease as white twinged jaws realised their fanged grip on a soft puff of damp moss, with absentminded movements the tom stroked the felines head with the silvery verdant toned plant to reduce her body temperature - almost similar to how fevers work, logically reducing one’s body temperature seemed the best bet in cases where the fiery sun had lapped its golden tounge over the world vehemently, no longer a gentle warming of soft dappled light. Mossfreckle’s angular head canted over an oriental shoulder to cast his mossy hues within dark pools, the weary almost lopsided gait that had brought himself and his mate through the lichen shrouding of the medicine dens mouth and deep within its chilled and almost otherworldly confines, ”You too,” the medic ordered in calm and even tones, ”Best to be safe than sorry and if you were out with her - which I’m assuming you were - you could be dealing with the same thing and I would rather take care of you as well before your case worsens,” star marked face flicked its attention to the feline lingering no longer in his peripheral, ”Grouse, if you would get the moss for him and help further cool down his tempafure it would be much appreciated,” his tones were to that of an equal, no order only simple understanding between two healers that the urgency of the moment called insurrections of pride but quick action and a willingness to move as one honed tool.

{ @Kaida ~ Darkfire } { @Crown_Sage ~ Goldenwhisker }
{ @redshiftreign ~ have a ping <3 }

Mossfreckle is Shadowclan’s Medicine Cat
Mossfreckle’s Tracker // ShadowClan Healing // ShadowClan Herb Storage // Roleplay Tracker

Last edited by elio; Today at 10:21 AM.
Old Today, 03:17 PM
I'VE BEEN UNLEASHED!

Bump Policy: once every 5 days - 2 if time sensitive
My Mood: Sleepy

Hazelstripepaw

The Collector: Inactive | Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Kitty Softpaws: (Perm)

”Love.” He had called her. It was the first time that he’d addressed her as such, or at least the first she could remember. It had caught her so off guard that she visibly flinched as he began checking her injury. She couldn’t admit how she’d gotten hurt, but it was far too humiliating. The ever-cool and mostly perfect Hazelstripe lost herself for a moment because she felt unwanted. Do you know how embarrassing that would be? Her reputation had already been chewed up and spat upon by Dawnstar’s abrasive address during the meeting, if word got out that she of all cats had a mental breakdown, she feared she’d simply die.

His gentle words and ginger touch sent fireworks throughout her whole body. For a moment, her strong facade cracked further, threatening to break entirely. He treated her as he would the others. He was treating her like she mattered. The lanky healer told her to look at him as he performed his meticulous ministrations, but she couldn’t. She couldn’t look at him – not after everything that had occurred, not after being made a mockery of in front of the whole clan, or after her pathetic display of emotion that led to her being here now.

Biting back pained whimpers, the tricolored she-cat put up no protest as the lanky tom began to clean her wound and the rest of her stained fur. It was a lot of blood, really. It had spread all over her body as she had made her way to camp, and her perfect white fur had taken on a red and pink-ish hue. She wanted to speak to him as he cleaned her up, she wanted to apologize, let him know that she’d stay out of the way, but she couldn’t. She didn’t know how to form the words, she didn’t know how to sincerely apologize, she didn’t know…

A nudge at her flank drew her out of her thoughts. Blinking slowly, she adjusted her position. With a sharp inhale, she winced from the movement. Honestly, her even making it to the camp was a miracle, but now all of the pain that had been suppressed had come in flooding at once. It hurt. So bad. Despite that, she didn’t utter a sound. Hazel[strike]stripe[/i]paw may have found herself in a moment of weakness earlier, but she couldn’t allow the pretty tom that’d stolen her heart to see her this feeble.

Not long after that moment, Mossfreckle procured a poppy seed and presented to her. She was familiar with the plant, she had seen it a few times while watching Elmshadow. It was a simple little herb, something that could be both deadly and helpful – the idea of it intrigued her. Perhaps should she have a daughter in the future, she’d name one of the Poppykit. Yeah, she quite liked that. Poppykit would be an excellent name for one of her children. Enough about poppies, poppy seeds, and Poppykits, the lanky freckled healer got some more herbs and began chewing them into a paste before spitting it onto a rock. Though she had been avoiding making eye contact thus far and only looking at him when his back was turned, she opened her mouth to ask what the herbs were and what they were used for. Her thoughts were cut off as he put the slimy substance onto her paw. Wrinkling her nose with disgust, Hazelstripe resisted the urge to yank her paw away from the uncomfortable feeling. She was too tired for this, her amber eyes were drooping with exhaustion and her thoughts were becoming less and less inhibited.

”Thank you,” She mewed meekly, speaking at last. Amber eyes flitted up to look at him for a moment before they quickly went back down. She… didn’t know how to feel. She’d been so convinced that he didn’t like her, didn’t want anything to do with her, but here he was acting quite the contrary. Perhaps he just didn’t want to be public with his feelings for her. That was pretty lame, but after everything, she didn’t blame him. Her heart was thundering, threatening to race out of her chest as she pressed her exhausted form closer to him. She liked this, this was okay. Mossfreckle brought her a sense of peace she was unable to find elsewhere and she loved him for that.

Nestling her face into the crook of his neck, she finally let go. Soft cries could be heard from her as she finally put down the bravado that had kept her going her whole life. She couldn’t help it, the tiredness she felt was too much to keep up with putting up the facade. As she cried, she gradually felt herself growing more and more tired. Just before unconsciousness whisked her away, she had a thought: Mossfreckle was safe.

And he was hers.

”Thank you Mossy…” The amber-eyed feline words imperfectly slurring together in between hiccups as she attempted to fight off the incoming sleep ”I think… I think I l—-“

[ @elio sorry this is all over the palace, if I didnt do it now, it wasn’t getting done lol]

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; Today at 03:29 PM.
Old Today, 06:28 PM
Little Dragon,Hidden Girl

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by elio View Post

[ Five in one mass post, hence, an apology if anything isn’t as good quality as I usually do… hopefully, all will be good and well though ]

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 Mossfreckle (ShC)

❦ Oriental ears turned down against the tension of the moment that hung heavy in the humid night air like a suffocating blanket of mist with no way out, the lanky tom stays as still as a spooked fawn with his piqued curiosity and burning cheeks… it was all too real… fighting or fleeing, fleeing or fighting, the tension was strangling him and he wished he could take the words back… no… he wished he could rewrite the stars as his words are met with tentative acquisitions as if the silvery splotched feline that laid at his said was appraising the worth of his words against his own feelings. Thump thump, thump thump, thump thump… heart beats ricochet against the internal confines of a reeling starry mind, an orchestral cacophony of taunting whispers that twist the moments sweetness into a bitter and dull ache… thump thump… the ocean static fills the sensitive canals of Mossfreckle’s ears as if to keep a tempo of the passing seconds as Fogwatcher stumbles over his words seeking to put long felt feelings into long overdue words… thump thump… he wanted to say it over and over and over and over until he believed it… I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you… an incantation within his mind to will Foggie to believe him, to believe the words he had waited so long to confess.

Because... because I think- I think-
I think I love you, too. Mossy. I think I really do…

❦ Lapis orbs has adverted from widened mossy hues but those words seemed to ring out like a sweet bird song in the empty expanses of the morning forest, conifer canopies haloed in glowing sunrise beams that cradle the world in a golden blanket, a regal adornment for those who sought to cease the day… [/I]he loves me…[/I] clouds seem to fade and midnight star streaked skies shown vividly with the medicine cats mind… he loves me, he loves me… the warmth of relief tickles freckled pelt and the healer cannot help but let out a small chuckle of unbridled joy as the adrenaline recedes and the burning of embarrassment washes off of him like a wave breaking against a cliff, so sudden and drastic one had to take a moment to simply take it in… he loves me, HE LOVES ME. Mossfreckle’s angular head moves to gingerly push Fogwatcher’s large head up and focus his lapis hues with the beaming tones of his own, his moments calm and calculated allowing the silvery tom to make his own choices as well as protect the still knitting together flesh of his mangled and sliced throat, [B]”I love you,”[/I] emotionally raw tones slip from a white twinged maw in utter truth… please believe me… he willed it to existence, begged the stars to let him have this moment no matter what was to come… he had this… this memory forever written in the hitched breath between the two, each holding their breath for the other to speak…to confirm. Lanky form shifted and whispers became confident, lilting tones, [B]”I love you Fogwatcher and I think I always have… I love you, I love you, I love you. I love the way you make me feel and the memories we have and the way you give and give and give simply because you want to… I love you every single part of you…”[/I] words fade out as they convert to a silently begging plea… believe me… freckled tom remained silent, waiting and watching and hoping… he loves me.

{ @SuspiciousMindz ~ Foggy // sorry this is shorter /w\ }

❦ Mossy hues dart up from white tipped paws which work in a meticulously choreographed and unconscious duet of moments as they shuffle herbs in a compulsive organisational state as if they had not been pulled from the cracking crevices in which they resided in perfect harmony - each like herb placed together, each placement chosen for ease of memorisation - but the moments hazed state breaks as large ears perk forward in alert as the whisper soft sounds of paws scraping on the hard packed soil mingle with the peripheral, fuzzy aspersions of a familiar muscled, bluish grey pelt which slunk with over cautious movements through the shrouding of silvery orange and muddied verdant toned lichen momentarily glistening in the bright golden rays of the noon sun which beamed vehemently and blaming upon the world which resided just beyond the mouth of the medicine den which had always been an almost otherworldly place with its towering, ancient cedar crown and internal dappling of root filters sunlight, a gentle babbling filling the heady herb scented den as chilled water cascaded from a crevice in the stone and tumbled wildly into a calm rivulet which split the burrow into two symmetrical halves. Tentatively Mossfreckle watches as Rookfire picks his way closer and closer, neatly toned pelt rippling as he leaps with ease over the stream his white tipped paws landing in a unilateral roll as long fore limbs thud softly before hind legs lands in a running follow before he pads to stand in awkward but easing strive before the freckled herbalist. Flitting gaze settles to fall upon the silken, powder blues that soon reveal themselves as the tops of velveteen gauze wings, a butterfly lays between the two toms with its beauty a memorial requiem even in the embrace of death it now floated in… it intrigued him… the beauty of death, the sweet softened view one got when the corpses of those long gone remained in silent peace, it was a morbid way of thinking - yes - but there was something so lovely about starting fate in the eyes and living to tell the tale. The lifeless butterfly between them had a fragile gentleness to it, a silent and aching reminder of the fragile state of their slowly healing relationship… blossoming from wilted buds… blooming into something new and delicate. A soft smile pulls at the corners of Mossfreckle’s white twinged maw as Rookfire’s seemingly cumbersome explanation is the small gift he had brought the medic… err little thank you for patching me up..n the other thing… he didn’t press on the other thing only took the butterfly within his paws gingerly and held it trying not to blush or cry or some combination at both… he has never gotten a gift… and the butterflies that fluttered in glinting moonlight within his tummy made him chuckle as the warmth of the moment rouged his freckled cheeks. Curiously piqued and deeply intrigued the medicine cat simply stood for a moment in the sun patches of the burrow and cradled the dead insects back and forth to see the oceanic glimmer of its wings like the sea spray that caught in the full moons beam and cast a prism of colourful light onto the darkened sand, ”T-thank you…” he chirped still a little stunned at the usually stoic enforcers action - no matter how much it really meant to him. Placing the insect in a balanced position in a small crack of the stone wall Mossfreckle took a step back to assess the mid flight affect that had been created before he turned his mossy hues back to the feline which sat within his den, his pelt was ruffled upon further and closer observation, as if he had rushed with little regard for the obstacles
and underbrush which opposed his chosen, seemingly quickest route and ignored the pricks of the many small burrs that clung to the enforcers dark pelt. A teasing tsk tsk was the healers only sound as he moves to take the first burr between his sharp canines and pulled it with ease form the others pelt, freckled nose taking in cool night air and herbal scent that seemed to cling to Rookfire as he bobbed his head down to lick the small pinprick of blood form the burr away before he moved onto the next in a repetitive manner before he paused and contemplated the starry reeling of his mind that had been slipping to the forefront of his mind since the tom had returned to the medicine den which he had stayed in since the battle against Riverclan, ”I-I am happy we… I’m happy we are okay now, I… I missed you,” eyes downcast with embarrassment as he took up the repetition once more to finish plucking the burrs form the other felines pelt.

{ @alec ~ Minky // *shakes you* my dear }

❀⊱ { - 1 moss // - 0.1 poppy // - 1 marigold // - 1 lady’s mantle // - 1 cobweb } ⊰❀

❦ Freckled nose twitched as the bittersweet, metallic tang of blood filled his sense and sent adrenaline running through his veins, a bloodied tricoloured formed moved from his peripherals to the forefront of his vision as he whipped his angular head around to watch the gruesome scene play out as Hazelstripepaw limped with uncharacteristic lack of grace through the lichen curtains that shrouded his den, crimson highlights glistened in her wake against the silvery orange and verdant tones of the trailing and drooping plants. Long white forelimb was clutched up as primal fear seemed to set wild fires in the mollies usually bold and flirtatious amber eyes… something was wrong… something was fundamentally wrong as her resolve broke and a meek, mangled, sobbing plea slipped from her usually quick witted maw… help me.

P-please help me...

❦ Something akin to panic shown visibly within his calm mossy hues for the briefest of moments before a medical mask slide over his angular features, cracks seemed to form almost instantly as he gathered the herbs he needed and made haste to the whimpering felines side, gentle licks peppered her cheeks as the herbalist worked to clam her down, ”sh, sh, sh,” he cooed in lilting tones, ”Look at me okay, Hazels. Let me see your paw love, let me help,” he spoke as he worked, a white tipped paw staining red as he gingerly extended her left limb toward himself to asses the cause of the protective means she had taken for the ailed limb, ”I will be back in a second, there there, love,” lanky freckled form stood and took a ball of moss within his maw, diligent paws carrying him in a nonstop cycle to the rivulet and back to Hazelstripepaw in fraction of a minute. Dampened moss hung dropping form his jaw as he took her paw back in his own and began to wipe away the crusting crimson and grim that had stuck too the goopy blood, stained fur soon began pristine whites again and he nudged her affectionately, a silent order to shift her position mingled with unsaid words he hoped she’d understand… the flash of blinding fear that he would never be able to share with her… the relive that flooded his small frame when he realised that all blood had only been a morbid show of nature and not a looming beckoning to Starclan.

❦ Noting the still wincing pain that remained even as the signs of the wound had been washed away, Mossfrekcle pawed out a small onyx, bead like seed and held it up for the molly to lick off an outreached paw, ”For the pain,” he instructed almost certain that the perfectionist she-cat had probably long before acquired at least an inkling of the knowledge surrounding the vermillion and deep blueish black flower and its intoxicating seeds. White twinged muzzled moves rhythmically as marigold and lady’s mantle become a poultice within his jaws which the healer soon spits onto a cleaned rock before dapping a petite paw into the mixture and applying it liberally onto Hazelstripepaw’s torn claw - within his mind using lady’s mantle made sense, lost limb or tooth and tissue repair seems pretty adjacent to him… it wouldn’t cause any harm… of that he was sure or he wouldn’t have considered the act worth morally doing. With the ointment applied Mossfreckle wraps the tricoloured tabbies creamy paw with silken threads, the bandaged tight but breathable, ”Good as new,” the tom purrs as he nudges the molly towards a downy and moss nest and directs her to take a rest, [B]”Get some rest, my love, you can stay here tonight,”[/I] lilting tones fade off as he lays down, freckled oriental pressed against delicate tabby pelt, his angular head resting on her shoulder as a comfort until the sweet embrace of sleep lulled her away.

{ @Dark ~ Hazels }

❦ A sleepy dramatised protest slipped from Hillstrider’s awakened honeyed ginger form as the lanky herbalist slipped from his warm embrace and padded on weary paws, beckoning the larger tom forward and out, beyond the lichen shrouding and into the quite world that slumbered under the moonlight that hazed the clearing as it glistened off wisp of fog and tiny swirls of dust puffed up by tiny zephyrs that carried the lingering scents of heat wilted sweet blooms and the heady alpine of the conifer canopies that surrounded them. Mossy hues glanced to settle in sleep ridden sunny orbs that rested half lidded, blinking open and close as they grow heavier with lingering sleep, heavy head resting on the herbalists freckled shoulder. Soft barbed tongue licked gently and comfortingly against his still prickling pelt and Mossfreckle smiled a little to himself as he shuffled his white tipped paws and oriental into a stance more sturdy and resilient against the heavy weight of Hilly that sleepily nudged into him.

Nightmare?

❦ One word, the answer should when been so simple, so cut and dry and exact… yes OR no… no “yes and no but that’s what it was a fundamentally wrong and whether it be a prophecy or omen or dream or some hell sent concoction of all and none the medicine cat was not too sure how to state the feelings of what he had experience… death awakening to a mock rebirth. With wide eyes the medic took in the sky, followed each tinkling spark as his thought danced along internally with the glimmer of each wink of the stars, ”Ye-“ he starts and catches himself, ”Yes, or so I think for now… it’s hard sometimes to differentiate the horrid reality form the grasp of one’s imagination…” how much was he willing to share, ”omens come in all shapes and forms, some easy to solve and others ripping at you from the inside out and others are subtle almost dreamlike, it’s hard sometimes to know if it’s some archaic cat or the manifestations of all the things in my core. But enough about that,” a somewhat fake smile and a gesture to lay done, ”No reason to ruin a pretty clear sky… and it looks like someone could use some sleep,” lilting and calm Mossfreckle’s tone reveal none of the strife of the starry reeling of his mind, only life cold composure and an immaculately painted mask of ease.

{ @Mica ~ Hilly // wails in his short this is }

❀⊱ { - 2 moss } ⊰❀

❦ A flick of a usually idly twitching feathery tail directed the eclectically patterned and camouflaged tom who sat with one lag lolling off to the side up to his paws, following the lanky form of his mentor diligently although his mind screamed a little defiantly, ”Help me move Goldenwhisker into the stream would you lad,” he grabbed the golden pelted mollies scruff and waited for his apprentice to help sling the dead weighted feline over an lightly muscled freckled, a slight dip of long legs as the weight bore down on his back but soon enough he was trodding to the babbling rivulet and gently lowering the heat stroked she-cat into the chilled depths, her head set outside of the water carefully so as to not obstruct her already laboured breathing with unintentional gulps of fresh stream water. Diligent paws worked with practice ease as white twinged jaws realised their fanged grip on a soft puff of damp moss, with absentminded movements the tom stroked the felines head with the silvery verdant toned plant to reduce her body temperature - almost similar to how fevers work, logically reducing one’s body temperature seemed the best bet in cases where the fiery sun had lapped its golden tounge over the world vehemently, no longer a gentle warming of soft dappled light. Mossfreckle’s angular head canted over an oriental shoulder to cast his mossy hues within dark pools, the weary almost lopsided gait that had brought himself and his mate through the lichen shrouding of the medicine dens mouth and deep within its chilled and almost otherworldly confines, ”You too,” the medic ordered in calm and even tones, ”Best to be safe than sorry and if you were out with her - which I’m assuming you were - you could be dealing with the same thing and I would rather take care of you as well before your case worsens,” star marked face flicked its attention to the feline lingering no longer in his peripheral, ”Grouse, if you would get the moss for him and help further cool down his tempafure it would be much appreciated,” his tones were to that of an equal, no order only simple understanding between two healers that the urgency of the moment called insurrections of pride but quick action and a willingness to move as one honed tool.

{ @Kaida ~ Darkfire } { @Crown_Sage ~ Goldenwhisker }
{ @redshiftreign ~ have a ping <3 }

Darkfire, certain his mate was safe now, collapsed.
@redshiftreign

Crown_Sage: Disorderly conduct, looking so happy
rubberRatroom: did a :catpeek: and :sadhampter:
xXDeathBerryXx: for having such a poisonous name
They are in a pitch black, awful dungeon, with seperate cells that they cannot see out of or hear anything from the outside. They will never escape.

Claw is dead. Long live his legacy!