Marching Forward and...
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 11:31 AM

Old September 8th, 2024, 11:15 AM
Warrior forever:D

Bump Policy: 24 h :D
My Mood: In Love
Default Re: ShadowClan Nursery

Deadkit sighed. “If only I were a warrior! It's so boring in the nursery.” He rolls up a ball of moss and throws it up but fails to catch it again. He sighs again. “It's sooooo boring here! Did you want to play?” He looks at Moonkit. “I should be happy if you can.” @Ameythistmoon

Look at my art shop!
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=88864

Last edited by Evenilolia; September 8th, 2024 at 11:25 AM.
Old September 8th, 2024, 11:27 AM

Bump Policy: Around 11:00-2:00 on weekdays unless holiday
My Mood: Amused

Stone light watches Tumblingkit with worry and she looks at Deadkit “You will be a warrior someday but it’s hard work.” She says to Deadkit “And Moonkit is in the med den.”

@Eveniloia

Ps: Moonkit is in the med den

Last edited by Ameythistmoon; September 8th, 2024 at 11:29 AM.
Old September 8th, 2024, 08:42 PM

Bump Policy: 2 days, 24hrs for Urgent
My Mood: Mysterious

______•❅•°☽─── 。゚☆゚。 ───☾°•❅•______

⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺ Magnoliakit ⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺
She-Cat <‐> 2 Moons <-> Kit <-> Shadowclan
[Chill of Death][Bewitched]
Interacting With: @Blossom Cry

___•❅•°☽─── 。゚☆゚。 ───☾°•❅•___

______°☽❅☾°______

Magnoliakit's small form twitched in her mossy nest, her paws jerking as if trying to flee from something in her sleep. A whimper escaped her throat, her chest rising and falling quickly. It was clear her dreams were anything but peaceful.

Suddenly, she woke with a joly. Her wide eyes darted around the nursery. Every single shadow made her heart beat a little faster, like the nightmares would follow her into consciousness.
She shivered. She could feel them- The spirits. Watching. Whispering to her. Their voices were never quiet, but the den was still. The tightness in her chest remained, despite her forcing her breathing under control. It had been like this nearly every night.

For a moment she just sat there, her eyes seeking out the familiar shapes of her denmates and the comforting sight of the queens. She hadn't gotten good sleep in days now, but her mind screamed at her to stay awake. But... She could only fight for so long.

With a quiet sigh, Magnoliakit laid back down, her cheek burying into the moss. Despite this, she kept her eyes half-open... Just in case.

You've had to walk a dark and terrible path alone.

Character List and Trackers
Old September 9th, 2024, 10:37 AM
Warrior forever:D

Bump Policy: 24 h :D
My Mood: In Love
ShadowClan Re: ShadowClan Nursery

Deadkit
Deadkit lies in his nest and tries to sleep. He stretches out his paws in the nest. "I'm so tired I can't sleep." He yawns, curls up in the nest and closes his eyes. Deadkit is so tired that he falls asleep... A while. Then he rolls around the nest a few times. "I have to sleep now." Otherwise I won't be able to play tomorrow." Finally he manages to fall asleep again.

Look at my art shop!
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=88864
Old September 9th, 2024, 05:19 PM
GLOOMY

Bump Policy: bump me if i don't respond.

Lightningkit

<-||SC|kit|Tom||->

||Open For interaction!||

============

Lightningkit is curled up in his nest softly snoring the kit had been taking a small nap for a long while. he slept a lot, and he ate a lot. but he never played a lot, even though he wanted to all the time. - he really wants friends to play with one day. he wonders how it would be to be an apprentice.
Old September 9th, 2024, 05:24 PM
Staring off into space

Bump Policy: 1-3 days, if important then few hours
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysith View Post

______°☽❅☾°______

Magnoliakit's small form twitched in her mossy nest, her paws jerking as if trying to flee from something in her sleep. A whimper escaped her throat, her chest rising and falling quickly. It was clear her dreams were anything but peaceful.

Suddenly, she woke with a joly. Her wide eyes darted around the nursery. Every single shadow made her heart beat a little faster, like the nightmares would follow her into consciousness.
She shivered. She could feel them- The spirits. Watching. Whispering to her. Their voices were never quiet, but the den was still. The tightness in her chest remained, despite her forcing her breathing under control. It had been like this nearly every night.

For a moment she just sat there, her eyes seeking out the familiar shapes of her denmates and the comforting sight of the queens. She hadn't gotten good sleep in days now, but her mind screamed at her to stay awake. But... She could only fight for so long.

With a quiet sigh, Magnoliakit laid back down, her cheek burying into the moss. Despite this, she kept her eyes half-open... Just in case.
Spiderkit looked around for his next victim. He saw a tiny white kit. Perfect. He crept over behind her. The kit tried to crouch, putting his belly on the ground. Spiderkit thought what he would do to scare her. He crept up behind her. "Boo." He whispered in her ear. He eat back and waited to see her reaction. ( Sorry for short reply)

Last edited by Blossom Cry; September 9th, 2024 at 05:59 PM.
Old September 10th, 2024, 04:03 PM

Bump Policy: 2 days, 24hrs for Urgent

______°☽❅☾°______

The little kitten flinched at the whispered "boo," body stiffening as her breath caught in her throat. Wide eyes scanned the nursery, searching for shadows that weren’t there, heart racing.

When they finally landed on Spiderkit, her fear didn't ease. Fur bristled and tears welled up in her eyes.

"W-why... why did you do that?" Her voice trembled, more tears threatening. Shrinking into the nest, her gaze flickered to every corner of the den, the feeling of being watched too strong to shake. She was being watched. The figures in the shadows only she could see whispered to her constantly.

You've had to walk a dark and terrible path alone.

Character List and Trackers
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

As Palekit showed up, Nightshiver offered the little one a gentle smile in silent greeting before her eyes lifted to sweep around the den. She hadn't seen Snarlingkit yet, much to her chagrin, but the forever queen decided it was high time to move. If Snarlingkit wanted to make a late appearance, however, that was perfectly fine with her. And as she settled into a calm corner of the den, some moss pull around at her side to make little makeshift nests for the kittens who wished to join - ushering Palekit closer - the forever queen began to speak in a low tone, worlds rumbling as she began to recall the history she would speak of.

''Moons ago, before I was born, ShadowClan was left at the helm a StarClan-chosen leader. Her fur was dark and eyes a blaze - once known as Iceheart of ShadowClan, then taking up the helm as Icestar, with Crowfeather at her side. It is said the clan had been in much disarray before she took on leadership, training our apprentices and bringing order back to our ranks - and reintroducing a skill we are known for; walking the shadows like our second pelt. She was... Considered ruthless and blinded by pride to some, yet seen as a strong leader with a stone paw by others. Everyone's opinion is their own... Not one is entirely correct or false. You see, while Crowfeather was around but for some moons - soon replaced by the trustworthy Beastspark - Icestar stood strong. She waged war against RiverClan when Lionstar still led them, our troubles with the clan of rivers seemingly endless. The fights were multiple, taking place in each of our camps or borders, be it skirmishes or leader-led assaults. Dens were damaged, clanmates were hurt and lives were lost, including that of the leader herself once upon a time. Even so, she was building a name for ShadowClan - one of fierceness and strength; though some would consider it foolish.

ShadowClan's troubles, while mostly in face of RiverClan, did not end with just them. Icestar had previously launched an attack of ThunderClan, and WindClan was growing weary of the unrest. Though we were strong... WindClan succeeded in treating us the same way we did RiverClan just some moons ago; I was but an apprentice, then, when WindClan came and chased us from our home. Mourning Ruins, named for the lives lost in the mysterious fire that took some of our clanmates' lives within the construction you will find there, may very well be the only remaining piece of territory we have left from that time. While we were out in the open... An unexpected help came. Flintstar; Flintspirit, once ThunderClan's leader, then a loner. Her guided our clan to an open clearing where we treated our wounded and took shelter for the time being, during which he mysteriously disappeared. Warriors were made, too, and Ebonyfang announced as ShadowClan's medicine cat apprentice under Irisflame. But peace may not always be endless, and trouble struck when Icestar -- when Icestar lost her last life, fallen from the branches on which she stood, pushed by one of our own... Moments before the act took place, she had demoted Beastspark, her long standing deputy, in favour of Dawnstar, her daughter. Dawnstar has spend little to no time in the position of deputy before Icestar's death and her leadership began -- as stone-pawed as you would expect. Some found Dawnstar's leadership was harsh - harsher than Icestar's, and met with opposition, but she was effective. Dawnstar led us to a new camp; the one previous to where we are now, and made sure our ranks and strength remained in order. And while our issues with RiverClan died down, they only picked up with WindClan.

You see, cats were angry. Angry at WindClan for chasing us from our homes, but they felt justified in their actions. And in such a manner, our the intricate dance of clan politics and issues continues in a never-ending story. Dawnstar and Twilightstar, WindClan's leader, have often stood on opposing ends. While Dawnstar once took control of WindClan, Twilightstar retaliated when she deemed it necessary. Skirmishes over land and who is right or wrong are common among the clans, dear, but nothing is ever black and white. Relations change; you know, ShadowClan once harboured WindClan cats when they were with no home to go to, under Icestar's leadership - yet she also offered some a place in our clan, a possibility to desert their loyalties. Some did as such, some didn't. And looking just a few moons back, we were allied with WindClan to stand against common trouble. It is difficult to judge a clan for their past actions only, when the present is what currently matters, especially when the history is as long and complicated as this.

I am less well-versed in this aspect, but we have had our issues with ThunderClan too; I hear, a ThunderClanner once invited Dawnstar to lead them, until she decided it was not worth the trouble. That was much before Bumblestar came along to lead them, but it makes me think... History can repeat itself if we are not careful. It is... Look at what is around you with an open mind. Nothing is easy to understand.''

She gave Palekit a soft look, gently touching her nose to the kitten's forehead.
''Any questions?''

[ @goodacacia @desert_Rain_Frog - if you still want Snarling to join in! here is the lesson o7 also Open for any other kittens to react !! Aaaannnd please consider that Night is stuttering through this ahah, might edit in the pauses later ˆˆ ]

Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM
Still staring nervously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

°TigerKit°
Male | 2 Moons | ShadowClan Kit | Posts: 11/10
long hair dark brown tabby with baby blue eyes and white specks on his fur
Purrks: None
Interaction For: @Estelle

┍━━━━━»•» …loading… «•«━┑

Okay…the kit couldn’t sit around and do nothing all day. If he wanted to be stronger than his ‘parents’ (who aren’t even around so their not really his parents) he’d have to work hard and not sit around. He poked his head outside the nursery, his icy blue gaze searching around for his…mother-thing, hoping she had some free-time so he could maybe learn something from her…hopefully she wasn’t a nervous wreck. She was a strong cat, couldn’t she at least act it?

┕━»•» …100% complete… «•«━━━━━┙

Stepping back inside the nursery with a mouth full of fresh moss that was quickly deposited into a new nest in the making, Nightshiver wasted no time in returning to her son's side with a gentle smile and a soft snuggle should she allow. Her eyes squinted in affection, head tilting sideways as she observed the growing kitten with care.
''Good.. m-morning, love;''
She hummed with a light tone as she moved to take a seat by the nest-in-making, paws deftly beginning to work it into shape after gesturing Tigerkit to come closer and join her, if she so wished.
''How.. did you... ssleep?''
She asked, eyes mainly focusing on her son as she spoke.

Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM
Still staring nervously

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshiftreign View Post

GROUSEPAW
THE TRAILBLAZER

⋆˖ The Fool ˖⋆
SILVER TONGUE [II] - JUST A SCRATCH - BURN, BABY, BURN
"the world is burning, feel the heat. blink and miss it: happens fast."

the world was a blur. a rorschach of golden heat and smoldering skies. the sun glowered down with a fury hot enough to bake, and the world was unrelenting in its wrath. it is fury and fire and it is an unrelenting logos cast by the very stars themselves. branches painted splotches of light over the clearing, reminiscent of wildfire dancing along the ground. the eclectically patterned and persona'd tom was roused from his idle watching of the sky through the roots system by his mentor's call. he'd grown to pin his ears keenly whenever he heard pawsteps draw closer, fur brush through the lichen entrance, or hushed murmurs. he'd grown to listen rather than ask. some level of tact previously unheard of from the young tom was now present like a pool of fire disguised as a sunset. careful, perhaps, was the right word for it.

a kitting. this was a new experience- not just for him, but so too for his mentor it seemed. he'd grown to notice the subtle quirks of the other. just a handful of tells for a myriad of cues he was yet to fully fathom like his limited knowledge of herbal remedies.

here was another token to add to his hoard. soon, he'd have enough to start distributing something, anything, to those uneducated. he was a scholar, a scribe, and a symbol. what he was not is a leader. a role model. a pillar.

heavens no, holding things together was not his thing.

so when he followed mossfreckle out into the nursery, he wasn't prepared for any of this.

nothing could have prepared him, he feared.

blood, grouse noted with a grimace, feeling oddly and suddenly very distant. and equally useless. trotting in a half circle around the scene, blocking the section of the nursery with his large form from any prying eyes and tail swaying uncomfortably, his amber gaze found mossfreckle for desperate guidance. the smell of blood, now intimately familiar to him, is almost disorienting in that moment. that and the wailing- the clear pain mothcloud seems to be in. the doting of her son, reverent and desperate.

he wondered if his own creation had been this messy. born of blood. most warriors return to blood, too. natural deaths are a rare blessing in these parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elio View Post

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 Mossfreckle (ShC)
 ゚・。・゚ they/he ~ medicine cat

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The High Priestess ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

❦ Wails and whimpers do white hot pain rippled through the balmy summer air which hung in thin humid wisp around them, the summer day had hazed over into a blurred cacophony as kits and queens filtered out and more and more felines seemed to filter in, a mask of medical detachment snapped over his worry twinged expression which once again settled into a calm neutral state - comforting with a professionalism of separation. Mossy hues flicked over Mothcloud’s writhing from, waiting and watching as he slipped over to place a diligent paw gingerly on the queen’s wriggling stomach… something felt wrong… fundementally wrong as the small bodies within the ginger spotted mollies body tried and fail to slip easily from the warm embrace of their mother and into the cold caress of a harsh world. Stepping away the freckled tom’s gaze remained trained ever so cautiously on the kitting queen, a foot slipped from her and the bloody pain became adamantly and starkly clear, bitter and logical assumptions had becomes cold reality as the first kit attempted to wriggle itself free and out… yet… it remained almost locked within its mother as if it were too big or she was too small, hind legs kicked in an attempt to escape and Mothcloud moved to sit on her haunches, a better position for the tight situation at paw. Attention flicked momentarily to the large, onyx pelted tom that slunk into the nursery to comfort his mother, he was utterly in the way but if this would help Mossfreckle would let the tom be as long as he didn’t bumble around and get into every place he shouldn’t be, removing himself from his peripherals with a shake of his angular head to clear his reeling starry mind, [B]”Do you think you can stand? It may be best to stand and walk around to see if they loosen up. From what I felt and have seen, the kits - at least the first one - is coming out hind legs first rather than head first as they should be, if it dosen’t come out naturally after walking, I will have to work to pull it out which may have some issues but nothing to permanent… I will say that it’s probably best that after this kitting you don’t have anymore litters for your own safety… this one is going to take its toll,”[/I] his tone was curt and his words were explanatory, never rude but never beating around the bush.

❦ One eye trained on Mothcloud the medicine cat moved to address the welcome and somewhat welcome third parties that where standing in various levels of usefulness in the space around him in the small now blood scented, bramble den, ”Fallenmoon, since you are here help your mother stand up and walk around,” oriental ears pressed down as his star marked brown canted over a lanky shoulder, ”Grouse, make sure he doesn’t drop her. Thank you for standing guard. Pay attention so you can see what happens, please, you can ask questions after if need be but this lesson is hands on and I don’t have the time to explain every little thing, I trust you enough to learn it regardless,” foresight switched form dark and spotted pelts to pristine white - slightly ruffled from the situation - ”Nightshiver, is there anything you can think of right now? Also, I want you to take care of the kits once they come out, when all are out I’ll help you but I want your paws on them and rubbing because I doubt all will be in perfect condition… this situation is less than ideal…” the last bit was more mumbled to himself as the herbalist shuffled moss beneath his paws in silent and utterly new preparation for the possibility and likelihood of what was next come.

{ @ChromeSilver_Hwaa ~ Mothcloud // Fallenmoon } { @Estelle ~ Nightshiver } { @redshiftreign ~ Grouse }
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeSilver_Hwaa View Post

Mothcloud gave a heavy breath. Whimpering gently as she felt the area around her darken, was it becoming night? Was her thoughts of etnernal darkness and bloody death ahead becoming a reality? No no no, Mothcloud musn't think like this..... but it's all she could do. Snapping out of her trance she gave a low growl, attempting to stand. She looked over to the medicine cat then to Fallenmoon, "He's deaf" Mothcloud meowed through gritted teeth, nudging her son and tapping his shoulder, he seemed to have understood as the Tom gently pushed his shoulder under hers, steadying his mother as she rested a bit of her weight on him. Mothcloud wailed, blood pouring from everywhere it shouldn't. Mothcloud's eyes widened as she gave a small heaving breath, "Oh gosh.... backwards? Thats..... no no no, my water already broke the kit has to be drowning right now!" Mothcloud wailed, "Starclan save me, I'm suffocating my own kit just get out!" Mothcloud wailed, her frantic state being calmed a bit as Fallenmoon pushed his mother forward, his nudge gently as he reminded her to walk. Mothcloud gave a whimper as she walked, her walking slow and painful. "Last litter?" Mothcloud murmured the words, she'd already known this was to be her last. Deadwish and Iceclaw died.

Both her former loves. Her enitre first litter passed away, her second litter only containing Fallenmoon and his sister, whom left the clan to be a kittypet. No matter the harsh words she shared last, she missed her daughter every day. "I.I know." Mothcloud meowed gently, not daring to but also having to think about the last reason. Age. Mothcloud was getting old and it showed signifigantly. Her body getting a bit slower, she'd been a queen almost her whole life, getting pregnant, raising the kits for 6 moons. Repeating this process 3 times. This being her forth would be her last, she would most likely become an elder or something. Sighing gently Mothcloud continued her painful walk, basically limping. Mothcloud suddenly joltted, almost falling to her paws, Fallenmoon putting his weight under her which conveniently plopped out the kit. No sound. The kit was born dead. Mothcloud gave a small meow of pain. "Pressure" Mothcloud meowed to the medicine cat, her tone heaving in pain. "Pressure helps..... them out faster......." She gasped as another contraction hit, blood slowly pooling below her as creepily enough, a second kit slid on our, also dead. Mothcloud gasped, another one backwards. She could feel it, the same ripping feeling in her belly.

@Honey_Dreamz (sobs. i forgot who plays everyone else tbh I remember Cedarkit thats it)

The situation was dire, Nightshiver could tell as much, and though her fur felt ruffled with the pressure of the situation she forced a certain calm upon herself. A gentle expression, slow and steady breaths, a calm presence for the queen - or anyone - to rely on the kitting moved forth and she already could tell too much blood was being lost. The helping herb had already been administered, and Mothcloud was being extremely strong for what was happening. The movement, blood and inconspicuous yet steely expression on the medic's face telling enough for the forever queen. A difficult kitting was ahead, and the backwards slipping out first signed as much. Her heart lurched, and Nightshiver steeled a breath at the sight, keeping her nerves under control and her presence steady as Mossfreckle spoke, mind reeling as it looked for anything Elmshadow might have told her about this. But he hadn't; hadn't the time or hadn't known it didn't matter, Nightshiver was only educated in kittings as far as her own experience went and the getting stuck, ears turning Mossfreckle's way.
''O-of.. of course.''
She nodded dutifully, a tender eye watching with precise care as the deaf son helped his mother up and walking around, a technique to be noted, something that could indeed help.
''Ma..massaging... her belly might... help. It.. it helps w-when... kits get... stuck, m-maybe, it'll have... some use here... too.''
Repositioning, maybe? Could they even do that?

Before long, the walking did its due and the first kitten slipped out. The limp body was enough for the forever queen to have her answer on its livelihood, heart aching in pain as the memories came back to her, but she wouldn't give in so soon. The moment the kitten skipped it out, Nightshiver moved to craddle it between her paws and feverently lick against the grain of its fur to try and encourage the taking of a breath -- a deft claw prying the kitten's maw open to look for any obstructions when that did not work, much like with Gloomkit, but to no avail. The kitten's airways were clear as far as she could see, and no matter how she tried warming the little body up and getting it to breathe, nothing came. A stillborn.

Then, slipped out the second, much like the first, and her heart ached once more at the sight. The very same steps were repeated; craddle the kitten close beside its sibling in her paws, lick against the grain of its fur to warm the little body and encourage the taking of a breath -- check the airways, too, for any obstructions that might be keeping the kitten from breathing, clear anything that may be in the way... Once again, everything to no avail. No matter how she tried, both the little kittens were born without life and all she could do was ultimately resign to the truth and stand at the ready for the next kitten to be born, to hopefully greet a lively one.

Last edited by Estelle; Yesterday at 07:38 PM.