Thread: Sunset Grove
View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2024, 02:54 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Sunset Grove

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 49 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Things had gone well so far, not that the tom had expecting the patrol to go badly given all they were doing was beating up some oversized gophers. Seriously Groundhogs were just rabbit sized gophers Crowtooth did not understand why some prey had larger versions like mice-rats, rabbits-hares and of course gophers-groundhogs that acted the same but was a totally different creature.

Tangent aside he supposed something couldve gone wrong in that cats could panic at the sudden confinement and dark of entering the tunnels, but it hadnt occurred.

Not needing to step in and help anyone Crowtooth focused on trying to snag a second catch.
They were on high alert now, barking and trying to escape or bite at the patrol and the tom focused on the one closest to him that'd backed itself against a wall. A smart tactic for a stupid rodent, but not enough.

It took a couple of tries to get at the animal without being bitten, as it kept snapping with its weird little teeth, but eventually he managed able to slam a large paw down on its head. There! 'Threat' neutralized and now it was easy to chomp down on its neck for a killing blow.
If they kept up with the current pace even with a couple more groundhogs they could be done.

"Alright ya'll! Try an' nab another 'f ya can but lets wrap up an' head back! Anyone who needs a paw just ask!"

@Lillith @gs29513 @Estelle @zozelen
(Ok so Im nixing the post order for the rest of the patrol so we might get this wrapped up asap! If you have a moment to post dont wait and just do so and on the 6th I will be posting with our little interrupting minks showing up and causing trouble, though with the current patrol they should be taken care of easily.)