View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2024, 03:31 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: Real friends, good friends are hard to find, let's face it..

Crowpaw
Purrks: Heightened Perception and Agatha Kitty
@Tiabirb

It was a while before Sweetsong's soft and gentle voice cracked through the train of thought in the young tabby tom's head. She missed someone, she missed many others. Who? Crowpaw didn't know, nor would he probably never know unless she told him. And much like he promised himself when speaking to Poisonberry, he would not pressure her to tell him her secrets. He'd hear them when she was ready to share.

He took the words his friend spoke to heart. How she had always looked for the good in the world, even if she looked a little too hard. Crowpaw knew she was right. That's what he should do too. Instead of mourning over the loss his sister took for him, he should be grateful to have gotten a chance to live. If it weren't for Quietpaw's sacrifice, he would have never met the wonderful ginger she-cat sitting in front of him. He would have never known his grandfather was a RiverClanner. And he would've mourned for his sister, knowing she'd never be able to communicate with their parents about anything. He was her voice, just as much as she was his ears.

But now, he felt like Quietpaw was speaking to him. She wanted her big brother to be happy, and Crowpaw would do his best to make sure he'd see the light in the darkness for the rest of his life. Sweetsong felt love and hope when looking at Crowpaw. For a moment, he couldn't understand why. Who could love someone that had the scars he did? A half-blind eye and a shredded ear? Scars on his nose? But then again... the golden tabby in front of him was not like anyone else. She was the opposite, in fact.

She's the first one to have said she loved me since... since grandpaw all those moons ago. Crowpaw gently touched her paw with his own and laid down to look her in her eyes. "When I look at you... I... see a light. A light of hope, happiness, and a promise that better days will come. Sweetsong, I can't thank you enough for leading me toward the light. For... for coming to my aide and... and not running w-when I was... when I wasn't myself. I may not be able to thank you enough for helping me, but I'd like to try. Anything you want, that I can give to you... it's yours. A promise- a... a shoulder to lean on... anything."
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: None
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!