View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2024, 04:12 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: There's always an exception, you just happen to be one! [p!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
“Really?! The trees are easy for you?! But they’re so tall, and they all look the exact same!” He remarked, looking starstruck at her ability to navigate the forest. Stupid Grackle! Of course she can navigate the forest - she’s a Clan cat! She’s lived in ShadowClan all her life! He thought to himself. She probably learned super quickly too.

He tilted his head as she began to speak of how they marked their territory. “Oh! I’ve heard of that before!” There were a few loners and kittypets who did it. Plus tons of dogs. “I guess it makes sense that you guys smell like pines and marsh, since that’s where you live. It’s so different here from anywhere else I’ve been! All the cities and forests I’ve wandered through have never had ground this squishy and wet.” He commented, flexing his claws in the mix of marsh and snow.

It wasn’t really a pleasant feeling. In fact, he found it kind of gross to feel the slushy snow and mud mixed together. Being a ShadowClan cat would definitely take some getting used to.

“So, have you ever been in a battle before?” He asked eagerly. He knew it was childish and immature, but he couldn’t help but ask. Dawnstar had mentioned how important loyalty and fighting was, and the question had been gnawing at him. He’d heard all the legends and tales of the glorious life of Clan cats, and he was dying to know if Magpiepaw had gotten into a fight. He still wasn’t a hundred percent sure how the ranks and Clans worked, but in his mind someone as cool as Magpiepaw had surely been in a battle before.

. . .
@Marigoldwhisper

Magpiepaw
She\Apprentice\SC
"Why pick them when I can do it so much better?"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Magpiepaw paused for a moment to chew on Gracklepaw's remarks, their words flowing out of their maw faster than dirty river water.

She watched quietly as she noticed the young apprentice shifting their paws uncomfortably in the icy wet ground. She could relate to that ALL too well, marshes absolutely sucked.

After fully digesting his words, she finally responded, her tail twitching excitedly. Battle was exactly what her claws longed for. Though, she knew she wouldn't stand two seconds in the heat of a one on one battle. She hadn't even finished her training!

So much for that slog Willowwest. Magpiepaw thought bitterly. But it was okay, because she'd picked up a few techniques on her own.

"Well, no..." Magpiepaw said truthfully. "But I should've! Really should've! I bet all the whiskers on your muzzle that I could kick the snot out of any cat who dares cross Shadowclan! Ha ha!"

Magpiepaw said that with her whole chest, attempting to raise her height proudly, but to no avail, as she had no height.

Though, her curiosity was enhanced by Gracklepaw's description of life as a rouge. What in the name of Starclan was a city? And life without water sloshing around their paws? Okay, the sloshing she wouldn't miss, but the question still stood. What the HECK is a CITY???

Magpiepaw tilted her head curiously. "A... City??" The word felt horribly wrong on her tongue, like it was some ancient language that most cats on Earth had completed forgotten about.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!