View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2024, 05:09 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Real friends, good friends are hard to find, let's face it..

Sweetsong
---------------------

More of it came, and as it went on, she made a new set of lines in the sand, but she eventually abandoned keeping track as horror filled her gaze. And an emotion she hated to feel, loathed it really, surged forward.

Anger. She was angry. Her ears flattened, and she let out a hiss, though it was soft and the opposite of threatening. "StarClan would never let such a horrid cat into their ranks! Surely they would never! To be so apathetic and heartless! And towards kits! His own!" Her voice was shrill and high, the loudest she had been since he had met her, "May he drown in the dark pools of the Dark Forest for all eternity!" She turned her head and spat crossly into the sand, as if purging the foul words from her mouth. She hated being...angry. She hated speaking ill of the dead...but not of those who belonged in the equivalent of hell. The Dark Forest was where Thrushstar belonged. If she ever became a medicine cat....if she ever met StarClan and saw him there...

"I'll chase him out of StarClan myself," She growled darkly, finishing the unspoken line of thinking. These kinds of thoughts worried her. She didn't like being so...vindictive. Sweetsong rose to her paws, hopping out of the shallow dip in the sand and began to pace a few fox-lengths away, her paws in the cooling surf. She paced for a long while, calming herself, thinking of Crowpaw. How strong he was to endure this kind of heartless cruelty. Did that make her strong? She had not endured his kind of pain....but cruelty was an old friend that she was familiar with.

Sweetsong returned to Crowpaw, he eyes lowered and her tail drooping. "Forgive me of my outburst..." She whispered, "I'm ready to hear more..." Sweetsong sat in the sand, her eyes still lowered and resting on her paws.

@SpiritedWarrior